• Published 26th Nov 2013
  • 697 Views, 33 Comments

Diary of a DJ - XyroX



Vinyl knows what being a DJ is like, and thanks to her diary we can get a little peek into her life.

  • ...
0
 33
 697

Day Zero

What should I start this with? Like ‘Dear diary!’ or what? Not sure if this bullshit is something for me… but ok, Octy said it would help me decrease my ‘anger’ how she called it, so let’s try this, at least for a few days. Do I have to introduce myself or Octy? I mean, hopefully I’m the only one who reads this, and I’m pretty sure I know my name. But I also like to see it written somewhere, so screw it.

Octavia Melody; my best friend, roommate and inspiration. She loves to play her cello, going to bed early and getting up like 5 am to start every day with some of her weird classy songs. We first met in a club I was performing in, but that’s another story. She’s an amazing cook, total opposite of me. There was this one day I wanted to make some Sorry-for-being-me-again-breakfast, but it didn’t end so well. Did you know you can burn juice? Anyway, Octavia, or Octy as I call her (even though she hates this nickname) is totally awesome, she’s nice, intelligent and tries to help you with everything. Enough of the talk about her, it’s my diary, so shouldn’t I be the one in the spotlight?

I’m Vinyl Scratch aka DJ P0n-3, Equestria’s most awesome DJ ever. Ain’t no party like a VS party cuz a VS party never stops! Meh, I already hate this stupid book. Whose idea was it to invent these things? Writing something on a sheet of paper, wow, great. Best idea ever. Ever heard about this new thing, called internet? Try it, it’s free and you can read like everything that anyone had in mind ever! Jeez, where was I? Oh, yes.

So I’m Vinyl Scratch, and I have to write this stupid book so Octy can chill a bit, but actually-


Alright, now let’s do this properly.
I’m a DJ, and I love my job. Of course, sometimes it’s hard, being up all night in a hot, noisy club, sweaty bodies everywhere, but I love it. All of it. I love the hooting crowd, going crazy every time I spin some of my very own creations, I love being up until the sky is blue again, I love handing some autographs to my fans, I even love all the rude, drunken folks that almost crash the party at least three times a night. Why shouldn’t I? Being a DJ is everything I ever wanted to be, against all whining of my parents and the raised forefinger of society. And I made it, now there isn’t one single club that doesn’t try to get DJ P0n-3 on their stage, but of course I don’t rock every club, not even if I could. A high quality jockey like me just doesn’t go to every tiny disco that knocks on my door. And of course I have some clubs I’ll always prefer, just like Club Canterlot or Club Luna, those are the houses I have the most fun in, not least because they’re much more luxurious than the discos in the little villages, plus they won’t ever dare to play some Sapphire Shores while I’m there, not even if I’m there as a guest (VIP, of course) which is a huge benefit for me. I just can’t stand this amateur with her crap-records, they sound all the same to me, can’t imagine why the crowd loves her. But anyway, she’s no threat to me.

So what more about being a DJ? Like I said, the loud nights aren’t great for everybody, but I wouldn’t change anything about them, nor would I about my days. Getting up 1 pm the earliest, going down to snack something, then walking straight to my spinning table and greet the morning with some wubs. Can’t imagine a better start into the day, could I? After I’m finally really awake, I start mixing some songs for the performance in the evening or I continue creating a few songs by myself, like this one thing for Octy, some Wub-’n-Classic-crossover, sounds awesome so far. I’m sure she’ll love it, as playing her cello means like everything to her and I eavesdropped a few times when she listened to some of my wubs and clearly enjoyed it, so I guess you could say if I finally finish this song, she’ll owe me something, and I know exactly what this will be… there was this one time when we had a little ‘disagreement’ and she forced me to put away my beloved dishwasher for her lame new one, but I know it will return soon. I can feel it! Actually, it’s all her fault anyway. She said ‘There’s no way you can make a dishwasher that cleans dishes with wubs’ and I was like ‘Screw that, I’m Vinyl Scratch!’, so that’s how my little Dishy spotted the light of world. It was a good day…

So yes, you could say being a DJ is more than a job to me, it’s my entire lifestyle that impacts my job and my music, and the other way ‘round. I’d never dare to change anything in my life, as this is the one I chose to live and I had some hard hurdles on my way up where I’m now. And even though Octy can be a bit strict sometimes, I couldn’t ask for a better roommate. She inspires me when I’m working on something, and that’s more important to an artist than most of the folks can imagine. Friendship really is magic, and she shows it to me every day. Like this one time, when she gave me the rest of her sandwich. I didn’t know what friendship could mean until that day! But I get distracted here again, back to topic. Oh, her pancakes are super awesome! Jeez, enough! So, as I said, being a DJ is great. It sure isn’t everyone’s biz, but I wouldn’t stop doing what I do, no matter the offer. It’s just like the universe told me to do this, and I won’t do anything else till the end


Well, it wasn’t this lame to write my first entry. Maybe I get used to it? Actually it was almost… fun? But enough for today, I got records to spin ‘n cake to eat.

Cya