• Published 26th Nov 2013
  • 697 Views, 33 Comments

Diary of a DJ - XyroX



Vinyl knows what being a DJ is like, and thanks to her diary we can get a little peek into her life.

  • ...
0
 33
 697

Fallout

“Octy! How did you get here? How did you actually find me?”

How the fuck did she end up here? I knew I should have moved out before I endanger her.

“Vinyl! I- I saw blood on the floor when I came home and I looked for you, then found your diary. Princess Twilight helped me find you! But don’t worry, she won’t tell Celestia and Luna about this.”

“So, after you finished your happy reunion, may I just introduce myself? After all, I’m a colt with manners, right, Vinyl? I’m Nick Illesh, maybe you know me? Little Vinyl and I were related a few years ago, I’m sure she told you about me.”

“Not a single word. And I’m sure she had reasons for it.”

Nick seemed to be a bit disappointed about that.

Of course I didn‘t! I didn’t want her to get killed, but that’s not a real reason to shut up, right?

‘Well, let’s skip the part where I tell you what I’m going to do, Vinyl already knows that, and I don’t want to bore you, Octy."

Son of a bitch.

“It’s a happy coincidence you showed up, you know? I was going to start working with Vinyl right now, but I guess I’ll start with you. Just to get sure that this operation isn’t too much to survive it. Now, where are my gloves?”

“Nick! I swear you, if you touch her, I’ll rip your throat off!”

“That’s the Vinyl I know! Good girl! Too bad you can’t do anything against it.”

He pulled on some rubber gloves and walked towards Octy who was getting bound to another table by Ruben who brought her in here.

“Vinyl? What’s going on here?”

“Keep your hooves off of her! She’s not related to this! You wanted me, and you got me, let her go!”

He didn’t react and started rummaging in some equipment he pulled out of a drawer beneath the operating table.

“Get away from her! Nick!”

No reaction. He filled something into a little syringe and was just about to inject it into Octy.

“Vinyl!”

“Don’t touch her!”

Overwhelmed by anger I managed to break free with one leg and unbound me. I jumped off the table and tackled Nick, but it was too late. The syringe already stuck in Octy’s arm.

Nick and I rolled through the room and I managed to land a few punches in his face.

“Don’t ever touch Octy again!”

I now lied on top of him, holding his head up and smashing it back on the ground with every word.

“Son”

Smack

“Of”

Smack

“A”

Smack

“Bitch!”

Smack

He was almost unconscious, but suddenly I was grabbed from behind. I turned around and saw Ruben, he held me and I wasn’t able to move anymore. Being a clone, he was incredibly strong.

“Whu, Vinyl, that’s what I meant with fighting spirit! Good thing Ruben was around, right?”

Nick recovered surprising quick. I spat in his face.

“You are totally crazy, Nick. How can you do this to the mare you loved once? To the mare that loved you?”

“You should be happy, seriously! You see, my further experiments, X01, X02 and X03 were just some robots with flesh and a coat around them. I gave them orders, and they followed them strict, no place for improvisation. But Ruben here, he’s intelligent. He can learn, he can feel! Physical and psychic feelings, emotions! And you are about to be the mother of the next, even better generation! You will give birth to supernatural creatures! Imagine us two, together, ruling a world that is taken by our children! Can’t you see the opportunities for us?”

“You’re sick, nothing else. I won’t do anything together with you.”

He didn’t seem to notice his broken nose and the blood that ran down his face. He just stared at me with a sad expression on his face.

“Vinyl, don’t you see I did this all for you? So that we can finally be back together and to give you the life you deserve? The life of a queen!”

“I don’t want to be a queen. I want to be a DJ, like I always was. And I want a coltfriend who isn’t a psycho and creates clones to get me.”

I suddenly felt how Ruben’s grip loosened. I instantly used this opportunity and dashed again at Nick, smashing my horn right into his shoulder.

“Ruben! Grab her!”

But he didn’t. Instead, he turned around to Octy and unbound her. She was unconscious because of the anesthetic that Nick gave her, but she was alive.

“What are you doing? Help me, you worthless piece of organic trash!”

“Is this the way you talk to your children? Not surprising that he doesn’t help you.”

I raised my hoof to an epic uppercut and Nick blacked out before he reached the ground. I turned around to Ruben, ready to fight him, but he just lied Octy around my shoulders.

“You have to go now, Vinyl. He was right, I am able to learn and to feel. And I learned that he isn’t a good pony. Listen, I really liked you, my feelings weren’t acted for the mission. But it’s time to end this here. Have a good life.”

I stared at him, then kissed his forehead.

“What are you going to do?”

“This laboratory is a mad place. I’ll destroy it and all the clones my father created.”

“All the clones?

“Yes. It’s time to say goodbye, Vinyl. Let my last action be the first one to help Equestria.”

I felt tears forming in my eyes.

Why has this to happen? He doesn’t has to sacrifice himself!

But I knew he was right.

“I’ll never forget you, Ruben. You’re more than a robot. You’re alive. You are my friend.”

I hugged him tight, then left the building. On my way out, I saw some more of the yellow signs that looked like his cutie mark, with a red font above them.

‘Caution! Radioactive Content!’

Whatever that means…

I carried Octy out of the area and turned around to see what happens.

Nothing at all happened. It was completely silent. Then, suddenly, an elemental explosion ripped through the silence. The entire building disappeared in a huge smoke column that slowly took the form of a mushroom.

It’s over. Again, I lost the colt I loved. This time forever. But it’s better the way it is, I guess. Though it hurts… will I ever be loved from somepony who isn’t a psycho or a clone? At least I have Octy. Now let’s get home, I’m sure I’ll have a lot to explain to her. And I guess Celestia and Luna want some explanations about this detonation, too.

With wet eyes, a broken heart, but still somehow happy I headed my way back home.