• Published 25th Nov 2013
  • 2,059 Views, 44 Comments

Fangs and Blood and other Things - Kinetic Heat



First part of the Fangs-Saga. When a certain demonic pegasus is sent to a peaceful town, the adventure of his infinite-seeming life awaits him.

  • ...
13
 44
 2,059

What a day

A light yellow foal with a pink ribbon in her mane galloped down the small path to the well. She hung the bucket she had been carrying in her mouth onto the hook on the end of a rope and let it down into the clear water. Thoughts of worry circulated through her mind. Mac wasn't doing well. In fact, it had become really bad. Though the doctor promised the wound would heal very fast, the pain wouldn't go away. Mac was in trouble. She could tell easily. Not only was the injury a hindrance for him, but he had also caught a bad fever.

She pulled at the handle and the bucket made it's way up to her. She grabbed it with her mouth again and was just about to head back to her granny and her brother when she noticed three figures at the gate.

She sat down the bucket and trotted towards the strangers. Applebloom could now make out more details: Three stallions, a bulky brown earth pony with copper mane and tail, a muscular, caramel pegasus with white feathers on the borders of his wings and a dark blue unicorn with even darker blue mane that had some lighter accents to it.
The odd thing about the unicorn was his horn. When he turned his head to look at Applebloom, it shimmered as if it was polished.

''May Ah help yer?'' she tried to subdue her accent as much as she could, but failed horribly.
They looked at her and grinned. The unicorn with the shining horn spoke to Applebloom.
''Oh, yes, you can. Flit and bring me your parents, we've got a small message for them.''
Applebloom shuddered. She didn't like his voice. He had a little whistle whenever he pronounced an 's' and all together was it as if he constantly sneered.

Applebloom looked up at them and whispered more than actually spoke.
''I cain't, they're... not here'' she looked away.
The unicorn lifted an eyebrow. It was clear that he was getting impatient. Applebloom tried to put him on ease as she could tell that she was talking to somepony important.
''Ah could bring ya to mah granny, though. She's handlin' evrythin' here.'' that seemed to please all three of them and Applebloom lost no time as she quickly galloped to the barn.

Upon stepping in, she heard her grandma's rusty voice from the living room.
''Applebloom? That you? Come here and bring that water, Big Mac's gettin' worse an' worse!''


''Imma here, granny, you need to come with me! There're some strange fellers at the front gate. I'll have an eye on brother. Can you just go an' talk to 'em? I'm scared and they look really nasty.'' Applebloom shuddered as she brought forth the news to Granny Smith.

''What you talkin' about? Let me see these fellers and you keep an eye on your brother!'' with that, she stampeeded out.

Applebloom looked at the gently closing door. Wasn't that, what she had just said? She shook her head and trotted to side next to Mac. Granny Smith was right, it had become pretty bad.
From the look of it, Granny Smith had taken off the bandages, which revealed the injury in it's whole terrible glory. The edges of the wound had sprung open as the thread with which it was sewn together at the hospital couldn't manage to hold it closed. A red border had built around the soar flesh and small black veins were fleeing from the wound. It was clear that Big Mac wouldn't be able to lift a hoof for a long amount of time.


He had his eyes closed, mumbling in the fevery dreams that haunted him for the last three days and nights.




It was too much. She had finally admitted it to herself. Her back ached, her legs ached, she had a bad headache and to round things up, she now began hallucinating. Life wasn't easy during Apple-bucking-season, but doing it all by your own was simply crushing. Applejack had worked a week, eighteen hours a day, barely ate, barely slept. This couldn't go on any longer as she was not even half way through the fields. If she didn't hurry, the apples would foul on the trees, but it was so hard and she was so tired....

She shook her head. No, this wasn't the time for day-dreaming, she still had a lot of work to do. She promised her family and Hazel, she could do this on her own, and so she did.

Hazel.

This guy was in her mind more often than she wanted him to be. He sure was hoofsome, but she didn't had any romantic feelings towards him. At least she hoped so. The visit to his past had set her in a rather uncomfortable state. Seeing that she really was the perfect copy of his former love made her wonder. She sure didn't believe in this reincarnation fuss some of those Luna's Witnesses were bubbling about, but still... And how about him? Did he have this sort of feelings for her? Applejack had to admit, the thought of snuggling up against his broad chest before the chimney on a cold winters day, while he held her softly in his embrace-

For the second time this day she shook her head fiercely. She didn't like the way her thought's were going, but she knew just the right thing to clear her mind. At least, she hoped so.


Making her track back to the farm, two baskets with apples strapped onto her back, she kept a steady pace. The sun was already approaching the horizon and she sighed in relief as Applejack knew, this day would be over soon.

There was something strange, though. When Applejack came in range, she could see three stallions walking away from a very mad Granny Smith.


''And don't you ever dare tah come near this here barn ever again!'' she waved a hoof after them. The blue pegasus turned around and shouted while walking away.
''You will pay for this, one way, or another!''
It was obvious that they were more than upset and the pegasus shot her an unforgiving look as he tramped past her.

Confused, she walked over to her grandma.
''Say, granny, who were these grumps ?''

''No need tah worry ya little head, Applejack. They were kinda wrong in their heads, thinking they could buy up the barn.'' she took on her usual smile.

''Buy up the barn?! How could they come up with something as ridiculous as this?'' her irritation turned to anger and she frowned.

Applejack walked inside and headed for the stairs, but the thought of her brother brought her to the couch he was laying on.
She hadn't seen him very often since the beginning of the harvest, only two times to be exactly, and the last time he had been recovering pretty good, so the sight she found there shocked her to the core.

Applejack stood there, jaws dropped to the floor, a thousand worried thoughts crossing her mind.
Her eyes were being dragged to the terrible opening in his side and she shuddered as she tried to imagine the horrible pain her brother must feeling right now. But what concerned her the most were the small little black lines that surrounded the infectious flesh.

''Big Mac! That's a full grown septicemia you got there!''

Woken by the outburst of his sister, Mac jumped. The flash of pain that shot through his body, however, made him sink down on the sofa again and he fought down the urge to press his hooves to the injury. He growled and bit his teeth in agony.

''Seriously, Mac, you need a doctor!'' she screamed and looked around for Granny Smith or Applebloom.

''Can't...afford...'' was all Mac managed to press out between his lips.

Applejack's first reaction was to look baffledly at her brother but then the conclusion hit her.

''Are you saying that-''

''Applejack, what are you doin' here? You've worked all day, time for bed! Ah can take care of Big Mac by mah self! Off with you!'' Applejack was interrupted by her grandma's rusty voice and she noticed by her tone that any talking back wouldn't end well.

So she trotted upwards to her room, scorning at her stubborn granny, and mumbled to herself.
''Blood poisoning....blood.... maybe he could...''










''Very good, again!''

Standing on the clouds before Rainbows house, Hazel let his wing snap before Rainbows face and she ducked lowly to avoid getting hit by it, then jumped up just in time to dodge the fast coming hind leg that was aimed for her face. The next strike however, caught her when she was out of ways to escape and so she found herself crossing her forelegs and take the backhoof with a slight shiver in her hindlegs.

Both of them parted again and fell into the fighting stance they were used to.

''That is enough for today. You are doing better than last time, I admit.'' he bowed slightly before the cyan mare.

''Heh, I know, right? You saw this awesome-''

''Although,'' he raised a hoof, ''you made the mistake to think you were out of danger when you were in the air. Always keep a trick up your sleeve, or it will be the last mistake you will ever make.''

He watched her confident smile fade into a foalish scowl because of the objection that followed his praise. He wasn't a saddist, but teasing her around had become a very amusing way to spend the gaps between sparring rounds.

''Hey, cheer up! You are learning faster than most of the recruits I have trained. Your strength lies in your agility, keep moving and none of your future opponents will ever be able to land a hit on you.'' Hazel gave her an encouraging smile.

He had learned pretty fast that praising her too much would end in her lying under paralyzed him only able to give him the meanest stare she could afford. She easily lost her head when it came to compliments and that was seemingly her greatest weakness.

The confident smirk from before made it's way up her face again and soon she smirked at him again.

''You bet your flank I do! I mean look at it: this is our third lesson so far and I'm already almost as fast as you!''

Yeah, but only almost...

''Very well then, have a nice day and we meet again here the day after tomorrow at the same time.''
Hazel took a moment to stare into her eyes and give her a small dose of incubus-charm, then, he turned around and made ready to soar into the sky when the sound of Rainbows voice hit his ear.

''Wait!'' Rainbow held up a hoof to stop him. ''Don'tchu wanna come inside?''
The question clearly embarrassed her as her cheeks turned into a dark crimson and she circled the floor with her hoof.

He put on a his bedroom-look and slowly strolled towards the now very shy Rainbow Dash. Covering her back with his right wing, he lead her to her houses entrance and she opened the door.
Rainbow stepped inside and he followed suit.

Incubus-charm. Works every time, even with the most difficult ones.

He smiled as he kicked the door shut and the room was only illuminated by the beams of the sun that shone through the curtains.





Ever so quietly the white pegasus with the pitch black mane sneaked out of the cloud that was Rainbows house. He felt a small sensation as a fluid was about to escape the corners of his mouth.
Quickly, he licked up the drop of blood, enjoying the sweet taste. He had to admit, this fillie was one of the best he had tasted in years.

He looked at the sun and noticed that it was already halfway to the horizon. The family he was supposed to live with hadn't set any rules about how long he was allowed to stay out, but his manners demanded him to be back before sunset.

He left the floating house and flew across Ponyville, taking in the snug sight of the slowly creeping shadows that strifed the small town.

Upon landing at Sweet Apple Acres, he noticed something was wrong. An electricity lay in the air. He couldn't tell for sure, but it seemed like the harbinger of something big. Hazel stepped in and was immediately greeted by a completely out of composure yellow filly. Tears almost burst from her eyes as she clinged to his right leg and covered her face in his chest.

''Now, now, Applebloom, what is the matter?'' he slowly stroke her head and eased her until the steams of tears ebbed away and she could speak again.
''It's Big Mac! He's dying and Granny won't lift a hoof to help 'im!'' again she was shook by a wave of sobbing.
''At ease, little one. Now tell me again, what is happening to Big Mac? Why would Granny Smith do such a terrible thing as to let him die?''

Applebloom sat up straight and gulped down her last sobs. She dragged him by the hoof and lead him to the living room.Then, after quickly clearing her throat, she began.

''The injury has been gettin' worse an' worse, it's so bad, that Mac got a blood poisoning. Evrythin' is pointing towards his death and Granny- she just doesn't know what to do. We need a docter right now, but we're short on bits. Then we thought, you're a Canterlot pony! One in the Princess' favor as well! Maybe you could lend us some money, so that we could afford a doctor.''

''Short on bits? But I thought you-'' Hazel stopped as the meaning of the sight he got struck him.

They had arrived and Hazel saw that she was right. Big Mac's breath was going flat and his forehead gleamed from the sweat that was running down his face. The wound had become a lot bigger, he could even make out the small pulsating and the stench that came from it. It had swollen up to an enormous degree and the black veins that ran across it were more than horrifying.

Next to him sat Granny Smith, holding his hoof and from time to time she dabbed his forehead with a cloth.

Hazel sat near the injury and examined it carefully. This was bad. He was sure, even if they got a doctor right then and there, he would be powerless. The injury was too deep, too big, too lethal.
He knew only one thing that would save Mac's life.

''Applebloom, my dear, could you please go and get me your sister? I need her for what I will have to do now in order to keep you brother alive. I will explain it further when you are gathered here all together.''

Applebloom looked confused, but didn't dare to ask any questions.

She came back with a seemingly half asleep Applejack, as her tousled main stated. Once she saw Hazel, her lids snapped up and she stormed towards him.

''You! Thank you you're finally here! Please, help mah brother! You're the only one who could save him!''

Hazel raised his hoof. All eyes were on him. He sat down on his haunches and looked at the floor for a moment and began to talk.

''I know with absolute certainty what to do. Applebloom, even if I got a doctor here, he would not be able to do anything for Mac, besides ease the pain. Mac can only be saved, if I drain him from all of the infected blood and insert new into him. I am able to do this, but it has it's price. What brings me to you, Applejack.''

He looked directly in her emerald eyes.

''Are you willing to save your brother's life?''

She shivered slightly but her voice was firm.

''I am.''

''Good. I will need a rather big amount of your blood, as Applebloom is too small and Granny Smith could not bear the loss without any painful side effects.''

He was interrupted by a high pitched voice that hurt his ears.

''Wai', wai', wai', wai', what? Blood transfusion? Drainin' him of his blood? What in tarnation are yer talkin' about? How could you do that?'' Applebloom shouted angrily and her orange and red eyes seemed to glow like a fire.

Hazel looked at her concernedly, then turned to look at Granny Smith, who hasn't said a word since, then gazed back at Applebloom.

''Listen carefully know. Take your granny and leave this room until I say so. She will explain everything to you, I promise. And one last thing: please leave a bucket at the door.''

She still looked like she was just about to punch him in the face but he followed his orders. When he heared the rumbling of the bucket placed at the door, he faced Big Mac again.

''Hello, big boy. How are you?''
Mac's eyes shot open, but the fever's haze blured his vision. He just attempted to smile and nodded his head.

Oh, boy, how could this happen? You need a little anesthetization...

Hazel's eyes flashed in a mollyfying orange as he looked deep into Big Mac's and the red stallion stiffened for a moment, then sunk into a deep slumber.

Sweet dreams.

''Applejack, reach me this bucket, would you?'' Hazel's head swung around to face the terrible injury.



Slowly, he lowered his head just a breath away from the hot flesh. His fangs shot from under his lips and he took a moment to concentrate. At the base of the swollen flesh he too the first bite and sunk his teeth into Mac's skin. As soon as he felt the blood streaming, he put his fangs away and began sucking at the two little holes. The blood tasted sour and it almost made him choke but he ignored his gagging reflex and continued to drink the dark fluid.

When his mouth was full, he spit the blood into the bucket Applejack had positioned next to him.
The next bite he placed his fangs on the opposite side of the wound and repeated the procedure until he had four sides sucked out. The bucket was almost filled with the darker than normal blood and Mac's face had turned rather pale.

The black veins had vanished and even the bulge had decreased. But he wasn't fished yet. Gesturing her to come sit next to him, Hazel waved a hoof at Applejack.

''I have freed him of the bacteria, but now I need you to fill up his stocks. I would lend him some of my blood, but if I did that he would turn into one of my kind. Trust me, he does not want that.''

Applejack could just nod as she saw her brother's condition. She knew what he wanted her to do. Sure they were siblings, so their blood type must be similar. But was she willing to trust him on this? She had seen him in the heat of battle, would he feel the same heat when he sucked her blood? Would he be able to stop himself?
A grim expression snook up her face and she steadied herself. This was for the life of her brother and she wouldn't be the reason he died. She stepped forward and turned her head to give him better access to her neck.

''Ah trust ya. Take as much as ya need.''

In a heart-beat he was besides her. Again, he let his fangs extend. But then, he hesitated.
A moment later, Applejack hadn't really realised it, she lay her head in his left arm, lying on her side. Hazel sat right next to her and held her tightly in his, she couldn't believe it, soft embrace as he sunk his teeth into her amber fur.

Applejack had expected any sort of pain, from sting of a needle to the melting sear of a burn. What she didn't expect, was the feeling that followed suit with sensation of Hazels fangs piercing her skin.

It was like a warm wave of water was spilled over her, taking away all the pain of her labour on the fields. All the stress, the agony went down the drain of this heavenly feeling that started at her neck and ran down over her whole body. It was so intense and so comforting, she never wanted it to end, ever. In her dazzled state she didn't notice how she put her front legs around hazels neck and drew him even closer.

As good as it felt, Hazel had to withdraw; otherwise, Applejack wouldn't be able to do much more than lying in her bed, recovering, for the next three days. He carefully unlocked her arms from his neck and licked away the last drops of her blood that were pouring out from the little marks and stood up to stand next to Big Mac. His mouth was half full with Applejacks blood and so, he sunk his fangs into Mac's crimson neck and poured in the blood from his mouth into his veines. As a everything was in, regurgitated what he had stocked in his belly and poured it into Macs blood circuit.

As soon he was done, he sat down again, a bit dizzy from the sudden gain and loss of the red fluid.

''Wha- What was that?'' a weak whimper behind him made hazel turn his attention to a weal Applejack. Her lids had covered half of her eyes and it was obvious that she needed sleep and quiet more than anything right now.

The dizziness weakened and so Hazel stood up to comfort the mare in question. He offered a hoof to help her lift herself up and she accepted it thankfully. However, as soon as she stood, a sudden wave of giddiness took ahold of her and she stumbled. Hazel was quick enough to catch her before Applejack could fall, but he knew, she wasn't going to bed by herself.

''Easy there, here let me take care of it. I do not want you to hurt yourself.''

Soon Applejack lay on Hazel's back, his wings extended to guarantee more space for her as he brought her up the stairs and into her room, where he lay her on her bed. He dragged the blanket up to her chin and was already heading for the door when he heared her call his name. He trotted back to her bed and bent down to ease the task of speaking for her.


''Mah brother, is he goin' to be alright?'' what found it's way out of her mouth was merely a whisper.
Hazel smiled and spoke in the same audibility.
''Yes, he will be. The blood- Your blood, I mixed it with a special kind of saliva. Not only will it speed up the recovery and healing of the wound, but also will it prevent him from catching any other infection. Big Mac is sure to survive.'' in a sudden wave of familiarity, he stroke one of her cheeks with his hoof and placed a soft nuzzling kiss on her forehead.

Applejack blushed, but a tender smile spread across her face and she closed her eyes.

''One last question, though. That feeling when you bit me, what was that? I mean, it was amazing, so warm and comfy- but I always thought being bitten by a vampony would hurt pretty bad.''

''Another prejudice against my kin. You feel what I decide for you to feel. I can let you feel anything I want, as long as I experienced it before.''

''And what was it that you let me feel there?''

''The feeling of when I was with Victoria. What you felt, was love.''

Applejack sunk into her pillow and shortly after, Hazel could make out a soft snoring. He stepped out of her room and closed the door without making any sound, then headed for his own bedroom.








Three stallions, an earth pony, a pegasus and a unicorn, stood in a expensivly decorated meeting hall. Before them stood a large wing chair. An earth pony, beige fur, shining black mane that was combed back, sat on the massive desktop, his head rested on his hoofes, that built a triangle beneath his chin.

All of them looked down as the pony with three money bags as a cutie mark rose from his desk and stepped in front of them.

''So, they don't wanna sell, huh?'' his voice was deep, strong, dangerous. It was perfect for lulling somepony and stealing away all their money with their own agreement.

''It's not our fault! This greesy old mule was stubborn as hell! She won't give away the farm at all.''

The unicorn had spoken, what seemingly upset the beige pony to the limit. He slammed a hoof at his minions face and scowled at the others.

''How often do I have to tell you that the sound of your voice is a torture to me? If she doesn't want to sell this farm, then force her.''

The unicorn got up again and rubbed his quickly reddening cheek.
''And how shall we do that?''

''Take as many of my stallions as you need and do whatever is necessary. Now leave and get me this bucking farm!''

He nearly sent them out flying while they hurried to get out of his range.

Whatever was necessary? Now that's what was called 'clear orders'.