• Published 25th Nov 2013
  • 2,059 Views, 44 Comments

Fangs and Blood and other Things - Kinetic Heat



First part of the Fangs-Saga. When a certain demonic pegasus is sent to a peaceful town, the adventure of his infinite-seeming life awaits him.

  • ...
13
 44
 2,059

Past

''This year, Ah'm gonna buck evry apple all by my own!'', Apple Jack slammed her hoof onto the ground making her point as clear as an icicle.
''Cool yaself down, little hot head. We can discuss that tomorrow, now get up yer flanks, dinner's ready.'' in her graspy old voice Granny Smith ordered them all to take a seat in the kitchen.
Soon the table was filled with all sorts of delicious dishes.
There were apple fritters, left over apple pie, candy apples and of course, apples.

Applebloom had just left for her sleepover at twist's when everypony came to sit on the large wooden table.
''Finally, Ah'm starving here! After all this fuss we had with Nightmare Moon Ah was really lookin' forward to eating with mah famly again!'' Applejack stated and took a big bite from a pie.
''So, the letter from the princess said you were somewhat special.'' She rose her gaze and stared directly at Hazel.
''Care to explain how special exactly?''

Hazel froze. So, this is the moment, is it not? I wondered how to tell them, but as it seems, that problem is no longer present. Well, time to clear things up...

He inhaled broadly and began.

''First off: I am not a pony. I am, in fact, a demon. A crossbreed between two demons, to be exact.''
Everypony on the table looked at him with their mouths opened, not sure how to react to this.
Then a roaring laughter was to be heard through the entire barn.
As they caught their breathe, the Apples turned to him, still snickering.

''Please forgive us, sugarcube, but do ya really want us to belive this? Be honest, what's it about you? You some sort of relative to the princess? Have you done something wrong, so that Celestia sent you here?'' Applejack still giggled but was obviously expecting a reply.

''I did no such thing and I certainly not am related to either princesses. It is as I already said. I am a hybrid of two demons who had a little felatio before the great war took place. My father's name was Kato and he was one of the blood lord's elites. He commanded the hordes of the east and was stricken by Kalea, the second in command of the heaven's army. My mother was a low born Succubus who just strifed through the land making her living by selling her body. My father took me away from her as soon as I was born and raised me.''

Hazel's eyes gleamed to seemingly nowhere as he told them about his origins. He already expected them to not believe him, but he had to try anyway.

''Come on, now. Is it really that embarrassing? You can tell us, I promise we won't laugh at you. Especially after that joke, that was just hilarious!'' grinning and badly hiding a snicker, Applejack looked at him.

''If I show you what happened 4000 years ago, will you believe me?'' in a quiet tone he looked at each pony.

''If you then tell us the truth. But how do you wanna show us?'' Applejack now looked bit annoyed.

Hazel took on a sly smile. ''Just trust me. I want you all to close your eyes. What you are about to see soon, are my memories from the past.''

When he saw that everypony followed his orders he began.
Reaching out with his mind, he soon found their presence around him. As he connected telepathically with them, he heard each one give a short gasp because of the unfamiliar touch.

''You have no need to be scared. You are in my head. Nothing will hurt you. The current black that you are experiencing, is my mind. When you wish to tell me something, just think what you want to say.''
As soon as he told them how to communicate, a flood of woolly thoughts and mental screeches threatened to overwhelm him.
''Calm down. You will get used to it pretty quickly, trust me. But first things first: Think of opening your eyes.''

They did. Taken aback of the sharpness of the colours, the three apple ponies flew into each others tight embrace. They were on the farm. But everything seemed more...extreme. The red of the dog roses seemed way brighter, the sky looked more pressing and the sounds and smells were almost painful.
''What in tarnation is goin' on here?'' Applejack found her point and glared angrily at the white pegasus.
''What I told you before. I will show what is so special about me. Therefore I show you memories of the time before Celestia, Luna or any other pony found their way to this world.''
''And why is it so stingy 'round here? We're at Sweet Apple Acres but it's not the same! What is this place?''
''This, my dear Applejack, is how I see the world. My senses are way more sensitive than those of a ordinary pony.''
The rest of the family seemed to relax slightly and looked around more confident but still kept close together.
''So, are you feeling good enough to follow me into a time, where war rages, blood spills, monsters fight each other and no light is to be found?'' he took on a wry smile looked each one into the eye.

''Talking about drama queen, you could even rival mah friend Rarity. Let's get going, Ah'm just glad Applebloom isn't around to see that.....''
''Well then, prepare yourselves. And remember: What you are about to see are my memories, so there is no possible way that anything can touch nor notice you. We are nothing more than mere observers.''

Hazel walked over and took Applejack's and Big Mac's hoof and closed his eyes.
He concentrated on the part of his mind he had pushed away for so long, breaking open the mental lock that he had put on this corner of his memory. The feeling of long lost fear, anger and loss washed over him and once again he was in the middle of a battlefield.

''Alright, I have it. Think of opening your eyes when I say so.''




''Now!''

Hell. That word seemed perfectly fitting for the sight that lay before them. It was as if they were staring right into Tartarus, the ultimate chaos, the doomed underworld, or simply put: Hell.

Creatures of all forms clashed against each other. There were so many forms: Those who looked like spiders, others which looked like birds with enourmous legs, bulls and bats and some that were impossible to be described. All shared one similarity: they were much bigger than a pony: in fact, if a pony were to stumble upon this field of slaughter, it would be trampled down by even the smallest of those abominations. And then there was he. Walking upright, black armor covering his chest, waist, legs and shoulders. Hair that reached his knee caps, eyes glowing in aterrifying red, long fangs that reeked out of his mouth and enourmous bat-like wings sticking from his back.
Once you saw him he vanished only to appear right behind another opponent, slashing him down, no matter the shape, height or any other fact. It was mesmerizing to see him dance through the battle, bringing down foe after foe with an elegance that sought his kind.

''I was quite an eye candy, was I not?'' a sheepish grin sneaked on Hazel's face as he noticed his companions watch in awe.
''What?! That can't be you! This thing is-''
''A monster? Yes, he certainly is, but my father did quite a good job. He taught me everything I know about fighting. Look! Over there he is!'' Hazel cut off Applejack and pointed his hoof towards what seemed like moving shadows that weavered around a dozen of bull-like monstrosities and engulfed them completely. The shadows only lasted there for three seconds and as they flew, not a single one of the bulls was standing.

''He loved to do that move. You see, a full blood vampire can turn into mist. My father brought that ability to perfection. When you were in the fog, he drained you of every last drop of blood.''
It seemed now that there were to sections: Those which shared similarities with animals and vampires.
Eventually, the hordes of creatures were driven back by the vampires, what was indeed amazing set the fact, that there were only two dozens of blood suckers against nearly over hundred other demons.

When there were only around thirty left, the monsters fled in an unorganized pattern only to be slaughtered down. There were no survivors.

''What a satisfying hunt! I haven't had that much fun in weeks! How was I? Have I done good?''
The Hazel from ancient times jumped to his father and looked up to him with an eager glow in his eyes.
''Good? Well, you certainly survived out there, but keep a closer look to your comrades. Amaimon almost took a hit to his wing.'' the impressive figure pointed a finger onto a vampire that had more than a few similarities with Hazel.

''This is me. How I was back then. Always looking to please my father. I was one of the best. And that was getting to me. I was not boastful, but I certainly was a narcist.'' the pony Hazel let his ears drop and stared to his father in melancholy.

The image blurred and all sounds became numb. After a few moments the haze vanished and revealed an enormous hall with easily a dozen spherically twisted pillars on each side. In the the middle was a huge table with burning candles. The ceiling was impossible to see as everything, except the faces of the thirteen figures that sat around the table, lay in complete darkness.

''No, no, no!! I tell you, we have to attack now! The clan of the Hemadomini drove back their strongest warriors, we can crush the Minotaurs now when they're at their weakest and drive them to extinction!'' a balled man slammed his fist on the table sending a shock through the wood the left the candleholders trembling.
''And I tell you we cannot do this! Think again. The Minotaurs are masters when it comes to forging. May I remind you that our armors come from the Gorgons and they import it from whom? Right, the Minotaurs. Even if we really destroy them, who will be running the mines? The forges? Can you do that, Lord Yue?'' Hazel's father kept a calm tone although it was obvious he burned with anger inwardly.

Next to one of the pillars stood four ponies, invisible for anyone in the room, and watched.
''What is this here scene, now?'' Applejack shot a confused look towards Hazel and raised an eyebrow.
''This is the council of the thirteen clan leaders of the vampiric empire. Once after this last battle against the Minotaurs all of them gathered to discuss how they should be dealt with. You see, Gehenna, as the land was called before you ponies arrived here, was divided into many small tribal territories. There were the wolf pack, the centaur herd, the zombie tribes, the vampire clans and so many more. Each clan had one leader and he passed his rulership to his oldest son when he felt that the time was right.''

''What do ya mean with 'When the time was right'?''

''Well, vampires cannot die by any natural cause, we are, in fact, immortal. There is but one weakness that we have: Sunlight. If we are in contact with it for too long, we burn to ashes.''

''But why aren't you going off in flames then?''

''That is, my dear Applejack, an excellent question, but if you wait a bit longer, it will solve itself. Right now, you should really watch, because of what happens next is one of the reasons as why we came to meet each other. ''

Applejack shot him an unsatisfied look but followed his plea.

A shadow from behind Kato emerged from the surrounding darkness and strolled towards the gigantic wings of the entrance.

''Brother where are you going?'' a second shadow kept track with him and reached out to stop him.
''I'm leaving. These old geezers bore me, I wanna get out and have some fun. Why don't you join me, Amaimon? I'm sure we'll find some nice little chunk of meat you can chew on.'' He laughed.

One of the council members, the one who suggested to destroy their enemies earlier, gave a disapproving snort.
''I knew that letting the half blood join our gathering was a bad idea. Someone so unworthy as him will never be a good leader.''

''Lord Yue, I advice you to think before you speak to my son in this way while I am here to hear you. It is not wise to insult one of the best soldiers in our army.'' Kato starred directly into the other leaders eyes, making unmistakeably clear that if he would keep on turning a bad light on Hazel would end in painful consequences.

Hazel put on a confident smirk. ''He's right, you know? I might consider not taking part in the next battle and you know how this is gonna end.'' He wanted to open the portal but was stopped by a freezingly cold voice.
''And where do you think you are going?'' Kato was now watching his son.
''What I just said I was going to do. Anything wrong with that?''
''Indeed it is. Leaving now is an unforgivable insult towards the whole council, including me and you brother. Come here and sit down behind me.'' his tone prohibited any resisting. Shoulders hanging low, Hazel scuffled back to his seat.

The image blurred again.
''Now, where's my answer?'' Applejack frowned and looked up to Hazel. ''I still don't know-''
''Wait just a little bit longer. I promise everything will be clear, but you have to be patient.'' he gave her an encouraging smile.
''Fine but Ah still don't know what this all thing has to do with-'' she stopped watched in surprise, ''Oh.''

The image became clear and four ponies were watching as a very happy Hazel Eyes paced towards a very big wooden door. He pulled it open with both hands and stepped in, the four ponies following. Bright torches illuminated the inside and revealed the luxorious furniture:
With gold covered chairs stood around a massive desk of the darkest marble there is, the windows were ornamented with several pictures, that were embedded into the glass, showing scenes of a battle and a canopy bed huge enough to fit at least eight ponies into it without them even touching each other. The sheets were of golden and black silk with white laces at the brink.

''So, where we here? Is this some sort of bedroo-'' As Applejack turned her head to look at him, the pony Hazel was frozen to the spot. ''Hey, what's it with ya?''
He shook his head as if he wanted to get rid of some annoying flies buzzing around his head.
''It is nothing of matter, I was just a bit dazzled from the memory and what is going to happen soon.'' when he finished, a smirk spread over his face.

The ancient Hazel slowly strolled into the almost beaming room and stopped before the bed.
''Victoria....'' the name slipped from his lips not as a whisper, more like a sigh and his arms spread to embrace something that wasn't visible yet.

At first nothing happened. But then like a breeze moved the silken bed sheets. It was then that something emerged from the bed. The outlines of a human body arose from the bed, head hanging on it's back, and sat up.

''You sure love a great intro, don't you?'' he climbed sat down onto one border of the bed and lay next to the figure while leaning onto his elbow.

With a whip the now fully set up thing on the bed flipped her head and turned it sidewards immediately.

Every pony in the room gasped. For the first time, Big Mac said something. ''What in the hay? This thing over there look's exactly like-''
''You.'' Granny Smith finished his sentence for him.
They all gazed at her but Applejack was just staring at the woman. Her family was right. Blonde hair that fell down her back, emerald green eyes, long lashes, and a curveous body that left much room for imagination. If there had been an Applejack back in the times of the Pugni Demonicorum, this would be how she'd look like, Only one thing didn't match: Victoria didn't have freckles.

''You sure took your time.'' her voice was smooth and sent down a shiver Applejack's spine. ''What kept you so long? I've been waiting here so long, I almost fell asleep!'' she reached out a hand to stroke down Hazel's cheek, who lowered his head and closed his eyes.
''Excuse me, beloved, but father insisted on me attending this boredom of a meeting. These old fuckers think that the Minotaurs will run us over if we don't prevent that by killing evry single one of them!'' his voiced turned from a cooing purr into a disapproving hiss. ''What is wrong with their heads? I am the greatest warrior in the history of Gehenna, there is no equal to me, except my father!!''
The sudden outbrake of rage made Victoria flinch and she pressed the sheet tighter to her chest.
Hazel noticed her behaviour and quickly stroke a hank behind his ear before he called himself to quiet.

''I am sorry. I didn't mean to scare you, it's just- don't they see that there is nothing that is to be feared as long as I am there?'' he sought agreement in Victorias eyes and leaned over to place a soft kiss on her lips. They melted into each other for a moment, enjoying the presence of each other before they parted. Victoria put her arms around his neck and drew him closer into an embrace.

''You're using your charm, aren't you?'' she looked up to him suspiciously and lifted an eyebrow.
''You know me too well, beloved.'' he gleamed down on her placed another kiss on her soft lips.
Their connection lasted another few moments, but then Victoria broke the kiss and panted for air.
''It is true, you know? Incubi are the best lovers.'' Victoria shot him a seductive look and waited for him to move on.
''Was there ever any doubt?'' Hazel ripped his robe open and spread his black, bat-like wings.

The scene blurred again until the sight of the bedroom vanished completely. Again they stood in complete darkness.

''Now tell me: who was this Victoria gal? Is she the reason why you were so shocked when ya saw me the first time? And why did ya show us somethin' like....that?''
Bombed with questions from the orange mare, Hazel raised his hoof.
''First: Yes, your appearance is the reason why I was taken aback on our first encounter. Second: Victoria meant the world to me. She was my everything, there was nothing that could have parted us. She was the daughter of a high ranked commanding officer in the vampire army. We met each other on the battlefield when we defended one of our cities against a wolven batallion. We were a dozen or so against fifty of them. The fight didn't last longer than a few hours, but in that time, they decimised us until only she and I were left. That was when we felt in love. We kept fighting long enough and managed to survive without a single scratch until reinforcements closed up on us and crushed all that were left. After this battle we started to see each other more often and go out to...places. It was so wonderful having her by my side. We had no secrets, no things needed to be hid. It was the purest kind of love you can imagine.'' tears began to form at the corners of his eyes, but he blinked them away before they could roll down his cheeks. He had cried often enough in the last days.
''What happned?'' Applejack caught herself wanting to lay a hoof on his shoulder but set the halfway raised hoof down again.
''War. That happened. I will explain it further in the next and last memory.''

And with these words the blackness faded and lightened up until they stood in complete whiteness. Slowly shadows began to develop and forms came to life.



A rocky plane, seared bushes and a few dead trees nearby was all that has been left of the vegetation. Another battle, vampires, clearly outnumbered by their foes, fought against a huge army of either wolves, minotaurs and a third kind of demons.

''This is the last big slaughter before the end. The Minotaurs had made allies with the Lycans and the Harpies. Therefore I have to explain: the Lycans had a pact with our kind to never meet us in battle. They broke the deal and so, the majority of the council forced our army to go against them. At first everything went as planned: hardly any losses, the weakened forces on the retreat and a lot of bodies to feed on. But then the Harpies came. Unbeknown to us, the Lycans had a deal with them, if they would get a part of our defeated land.''

''But Ah thought you vampires are immensly strong! How could you have been defeaded?'' Applejack tilted her head sideways and looked at him.
''We were indeed the strongest warriors in all of Gehenna, but against over fiftythousand Lycans, seventhousand Minotaurs and over eighthundredthousand Harpies even we are powerless. Especially when there are only around eightythousand soldiers to stand against them. Harpies are not really dangerous when you meet them in duel, but they attacked in a swarm and when they do that, they are not easy to get along with. And then it happened.''
''What do you mean, it?''
''Why do you not look over there?'' he pointed a hoof at the ancient Hazel, who fought side by side with Victoria, obviously on defense.

''Traitorous bunch of flee polluted fur balls!! I will kill every single one of you if you dare to lay a claw on her!!'' They were surrounded by a dozen wolves which took a brave lunge every now and then. But everytime they did, the one who dashed forward was soon to be found headless laying on the ground. However, this changed almost nothing, for every enemy stricken a new one took his place. The fight strained both of them and soon one of the wolves got a lucky hit on Victoria, leaving her with a deep cut on her left shoulder.

''Watch out below!!'' a full, deep voice roared from above and Amaimon landed right next to the badly harried couple.
''Brother, I'm so glad to see you. Help me get rid of these mutts!! I'm starting to get tired.''

Amaimon reached out both arms, palms upwards and slowly began raising his hands. Then in a sudden move he clenched his fists. A disgusting gargling from the wolves followed.
The ponies watched in awe as their bodies were perforated by their own blood, shaped into needles as hard as diamonds, piercing through their veins, flesh and skin.

''How did he do that?'' nausea spread all over Applejacks face as the blood soaked bodies sunk down into a pool of their own blood.
''Every clan has a special skill that is related with blood. The Hemadomini were able to change the structure of blood at will. Others could trace blood down over a long distance or simply control the body it flew in.'' Hazel explained in an almost casual tone.

Back in the battle, the three of them headed towards another group of comrades when suddenly a huge swarm of Harpies attacked them.
Fully overwhelmed by the pure mass, Amaimon wasn't able to use his ability. With a burst, Hazel opened his wings and sent them flying, killing several from the impact.

''Watch out behind ya!!'' Applejack saw what the others hadn't: one of the Harpies survived the bone shattering strike without so much as a broken wing and was now pulling out it's long, curved sword from the leather sheath.

A swift lunge and the blade pierced Victoria's chest. Not a single sound came out of her widely opened mouth and then, all of a sudden, she burst into dust.

''NOOOOO!!!!!'' Hazel stood there and screamed. Blooden tears streamed down on the sides of his face as he picked up a handful of dust from what was Victoria just seconds ago.

''Now wait just a gol' darn minute! I thought you vampires don't die from such a little poke?''
''This blade was covered in silver. That is one of a vampires weaknesses. They cannot walk across flowing water, are allergic to garlic and burn in the sunlight. As you see, there a lot one has to watch out for.''

While they talked, Hazel had risen and stared onto the harpye with pure, cold hate. His fangs shot from his mouth, his eyes turned red and claws snapped out of his fingers. In a split second he was standing before the harpye. The poor thing didn't even have enough time to be scared as Hazel stuck both his hands in the harpye's chest and teared her in a half from the neck to the loins. Blood streaked out of the rift, painting the ground in the metallic color of the scarlet fluid.

''Brother, come and follow me, it's a bad idea to stay here any longer! If we don't get moving, more of them will come and I'm not sure if I can take on them.'' Amaimons metallic voice didn't quite seem to get through to him. He just knelt there, tears of blood falling down to the small pile of ashes and dust of Victoria's leftovers. ''Let us-'' before he could have finished the sentence, he caught a glimpse of something that made him freeze on the spot. His father, in full black armor, was faced with the three leaders of their enemies: A bull that was nearly five times his height, the Harpye Queen and King Tromerolykos, a gigantic wolf who's paws were already as big as Kato's torso.
Amazingly, the vampires' commander held back all of them at once, dodging claws, jumping over ground shattering strikes and whirling sideways when a lance was launched towards him.

''Father hold on, I'm coming!!'' Amaimon yelled and dashed forward. Disturbed by his son's voice Kato reacted not fast enough and the tip of the silver lance burried itself deeply into his arm.
A sharp hiss merged from the wound and the vampire lord fell to one knee. The minotaur chief stampeded onwards, struck out his right arm to crush him under his humongous fist.
The fist stopped in midair, held by Amaimons strength and the attempt to defend his father.
Sweat ran down his forehead, his cheeks and trickled down from his chin.
''Father... get..away...I...can't... hold him...any longer'' Teeth clenched shut, he hissed to his father who was still kneeling on the ground and watched his son in fear.
Seeing no other way, Amaimon let go of the fist, grabbed his father's wrist and jumped away as far as he could. When they landed, they were immediatly caught by the other two leaders. The Queen nailed down Kato with her lance by pinning his shoulder to the ground. Amaimon was held down by Tromerolykos, who sunk his teeth deeply into the soft flesh of his hind neck.

Eyes wide with fear Amaimon screamed out to the still paralyzed Hazel ''Brother, snap out of it!! Help us!!''
That short beg for help managed to free Hazel of his stasis. Panic shot down every other thought that may have developed in his sorrow filled mind.
When Amaimon thought they had a chance to survive this all his hopes got shattered by what he saw.

''TRAITOR!! I curse you for all eternity!! You shall live on and be ever reminded of what you have done to your family!! Never shall you find peace, you are to wander around and seek for forgiveness that you shall never get!!''

The image blurred for the last time and when they all opened their eyes, they were sitting in kitchen of the barn again.


''Welcome back again.'' Hazel grinned at the stunned expressions of the Apple Family.
''Whe- whoa- what happened?'' Applejack looked around, eyes clenched half shut and tried to orientate herself.
''What happened after my dear half brother lay a curse on me is following: I fled. I flew as far away of the battlefield as I could manage. I hid deep inside a cave and let myself fall into stasis. You see, if a vampire does not get a good mouthful of blood every week or so, he dehydrates and falls into a comatose state. That is until he comes in contact with blood. It was the closest to death I was able to reach. And then, my slumber was broken.'' he gulped.
''By whom, if Ah may ask?''
''Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. Though they didn't spill any blood on me and both of them would not tell me how they did it. At that time, my come lasted 3000 years. As it seemed, they both had just appeared after Queen Platinum, Commander Hurricane and Mayor Pudding Head had passed away. They were on the edge of a civil war and needed to set up a mark of their rulership, so they decided to build a castle. You have been there, it is the ancient ruins where you found the elements. This castle was to be built ontop of a mountain that had formed while I was asleep. When they set up, they found my cave and woke me up. You have to understand: the creed of vampirekind demands that if somepony saves your life, you are forever in their debt. And so an oath was sworn that I would never allow anything to hurt both of them. I served them for half a century, watching over enemies, recruiting and instructing the guards and other things....''

''Ah still have two questions. One: What do you mean by 'other things' and two: you haven't answered my question from before. Why don't ya go of in flames when sunlight touches you?'' Applejack was now getting annoyed and had obviously no patience left.

''Two questions, one answer: Incubus.''

''In- what?''

''I am a daywalker. That means, I am not a fullblooded vampire. As I told you, my mother was a low born succubus who seduced my father while he was on a trip.
Succubus is the word for the female kind, Incubus for the male. They are lust demons; they live, breathe, are sex. No other creature is a finer lover than an Incubus.
Coming back to the daywalker-aspect: Because of my mixed blood, I have all powers a vampire has, but not a single one of their weaknesses. I am immortal, exorbitantly strong, so fast that one might think I could teleport and can charm everypony to make them do what I want them to do.''

''So, you were sleeping with the princesses?''

''Is that your only question out of this? Yes, when ever they ordered it, I-''

''Alright, Ah don't need to know any further, just wanted to make sure.''

''Alright then. With all these things there is but one disadvantage: I am the sprout of two kinds of demons, so I have two hungers to take care of: Once, my need for blood and second: cohabitation every once in a while.''

''What happens if you don't get ta sleep with somepony and by the way, how come you look like a pony?''

''Well if I do not get to make a mare very, very happy, I will lose all my strength and slump down like a wet cloth. Bad things will happen then, so I make sure to release some steam every once in a while. Do not worry, I only feed of criminals who do not deserve better, and there are many nightclubs with all too permissive fillies. As for your second question: Celestia came to the wise conclusion, that if I stepped out in the form I was in, her subjects would get suspicions and start to wonder what kind of allies she has been making. So she turned me into a pony; sadly, as I was born long before you even came to existence, the magic of the cutie marks did not reach me, so I have to stay a blank flank forever.''

''Well that ain't so bad, I guess. I mean you know what you're good at, so..''

Granny Smith snorted audible.

''Eeyup, she's doin' jus' right. I think we all need some sleep now. You the most, AJ. Hit the hay, I don't wanna hear anything else 'bout vampires, or any other spooky things.'' Big Mac seemed dead tired and overwhelmed by what he just experienced.

Applejack gave a nod, yawned and helped him drag their grandma up the stairs.

''See ya tomorrow, sugarcube; please excuse us, but we can't take any more now. I need to think this over and right now, sleep sounds great to me.''

''No problem. If any of you have questions do not be shy and just ask straight.''

Applejack nodded again and blew out the candles on the wall and everything went dark.


Now let's see how this will be working out...