• Published 24th Nov 2013
  • 2,792 Views, 56 Comments

I Will Catch You - Moustache Queen



Fluttershy was always a weak flier, Rainbow Dash the exact opposite. Shy, Weak, Helpless is what Fluttershy thinks of herself. Rainbow Dash is Courageous, Bold, and Headstrong...But when she fell, Fluttershy now had to decide save, or see Rainbow die

  • ...
14
 56
 2,792

And I Will Save You

OOO

She never was brave, she knew that. Her friend was braver than any pony else she met. She braved up to the most dangerous creatures. Dragons, Manticores, Serpents, Timberwolves, even her own fears. Her friend was a fast warrior, her fast thinking and undying loyalty made her into the perfect Pegasus and friend any pony could have. She always looked up to her friend, her great speed made her wish she could be like that, yet again it would never happen. She was to weak to do that.

She knew she never was a shy pony, she knew that by the awesome spirit of hers. But her friend was, shy and compassionate made into one pony. She has many gifts, and she uses them wisely. Never for corruption like the many ponies she and her friend faced. Her loyalty was devoted to all ponies, but to her shy friend? She was always there for the shy Pegasus. She will always stand by her, protect her. No pony will drag her away, her kind soul will not fade away easily as would think.

Both ponies knew they were exact opposites, one fast, one slow, one brave, one shy. One strong, one weak, one of loyalty and one of compassion. They knew it. The shy one wanted to be like her fast opposite, she kept thinking. If she died, who will remember her? She was weak, she couldn't even fly a meter without crashing down in fear of the many ponies around her. The other ponies laugh at her, call her names. Only her fast friend stood up for her. Making the shy pony feel guilty.

She always wanted to repay her friend, but she can't can she? She's to shy, to weak...

Who knew her chance was upon her, sooner than expected.

OOO

The wind blew softly in the familiar landscape, trees rattled softly by the winds blow. The green grass swished in a rhythm, there shinning green colours swishing like tiny waves in a huge ocean of green. The cloud sailed across the sky happily, not a care in the world, like fish in water. The sun rose lazily behind the puffy white clouds, it's large fiery tongues lapping the white clouds as they passed the heated sun.

The creatures of the landscape were bustling with life, birds flying and tweeting merrily tunes. Squrrile's running across the grassy oceans, eager to find any spare nuts that fell from the tall towering trees above. The shinning rivers of the forest gleamed by the suns rays, now again a few colourful happy fish hopped out of the clear water. A few deer hopped and galloped from the great forests to graze onto the grass. A large powerful stag following behind his group, his horns and head held high daring any creature to attack them. A few young deers were bouncing about happily, either laying tag with their kin and friends, or hiding under their parents for mischievous reasons.

The leader stag turned his gaze around the forest's clearing, the birds tweeted merrily tunes that echoed through the stag's ears. The soft sound of running water filled the entire clearing. The squrriles occasionally stopped and gazed at the Deer before running off, looking for their precious nuts.

The stag lifted his gaze to the skies, the white puffy clouds being pushed by the colourful ponies. The stag knew of their presence, as they did for his group. But this time they weren't paying attention to the animals, no they were focused on the clouds. They waved their hooves at each other as they pushed the clouds across the skies, they never took notice of the stag's group, just the way he liked it.

Snorting in agreement he ducked his head and began to chew upon the grassy ocean, the wind still blowing upon his fur.

However he wasn't aware of the speeding blue Pegasus that soared across the skies. Her rainbow mane flowing into the sky as she flew.

OOO

Rainbow Dash was worried, it was only a few seconds ago that she saw on the notice board on the weather teams, that there was a storm schedule on the weather time table. And a big one. In fact it was almost big enough to wipe out an entire town. Whoever thought of this time table was a complete bucker.

Rainbow clenched her teeth as she remembered that time tables storm destination. It was obvious the pony who placed the destination was either an idiot or had a grudge against Rainbow's best friend: Fluttershy.

The shy Pegasus's house was slap bang in the corner of the storm, even though it won't do much damage Rainbow was still worried about her friend.

Flapping her wings faster Rainbow soared across the skies, smacking into a few white puffy clouds, but that didn't matter. Rainbow needed to alert her friend, she already alerted Applejack, Twilight, Pinkie, Rarity. All acknowledged and proceeded to strengthen their homes. Fluttershy was last on the list, only because she would get worried if Rainbow alerted her first, she would worry about her other friends. Typical Element of Kindness.

Rainbow quickly lifted herself above a group of talking Pegasi that were moving a large grey cloud to the weather destination, she had to get their fast.

Rainbow flew faster and faster, her wings screaming for her to stop, the wind pushed through her mane. Sending it into a wild frenzy of flicking into Rainbow's eyes and face. But she didn't care, Fluttershy was more important.

The fast Pegasus growled at the memory that popped into her mind, when she first met Fluttershy.

"Watch where you're going Cluttershy!" Laughed one colt, pointing a brown hoof at the weak yellow Pegasus.

"Yeah! Better fix you're wings next time your lucky to even learn here!" Laughed another.

Rainbow by then, was flying by. But she stopped as she gazed at the three Pegasus colts, all standing above a small yellow Pegasus, her pink mane falling down in a shame and shy fashion. Blinking, Rainbow raced down, her wings flapping furiously, but she heaved them up in time to not land face-first into the clouds.

Lifting her gaze she gazed at the towering older colts, all blinking in surprise.

"LEAVE HER ALONE!" Rainbow had once shouted.


Rainbow smiled at the memory, never did she regret racing those colts, defending Fluttershy's honour, and earning her Cutie Mark. Her lighting bolt, her speed, her loyalty, all made into one mare, destined to be a protector of Equestria. And fellow friend of the shy mare.

"Cloudkicker what are you-WATCH OUT!" A soft voice shouted, that rung in Rainbow's ears.

The Pegasus blinked, her heart slowed as well as time. Turning her head slowly, Rainbow gasped as two Pegasi flew in opposite directions as two dark clouds collided, and flying straight to Rainbow. Time sped up, and Rainbow ducked. The now moulded grey cloud flew past the Pegasus, shooting out lighting bolts as it flew.

Rainbow slowly made herself stop in a hover, turning her gaze she narrowed her eyes at the two Pegasi. One was a large grey colt with a curved white mane and tail, his eyes widening in fear, his face blushing in embarrassment. The other Pegasus was a mare, a tall lean orange mare with blue curled up mane and tail.

"WHO, did that?" Rainbow growled.

At once the two Pegasi pointed hooves at each other, Rainbow rolled her eyes and hovered over to the peasi. She had no time for this! She needed to get that cloud fixed and get to Fluttershy straight away.

"I have no time for this! But besides I already know who did it" Rainbow huffed, crossing her forelegs.

Cloudkicker hung his head in shame.

"Cloudkicker, I want you to go get the other Pegasi on the weather team, and fix this mess right now" Rainbow snarled.

"Yes, miss Dash" Cloudkicker sighed, flapping his wings and dashing to the weather towers.

Rainbow turned to the mare, the blue and orange Pegasus blinked.

"And I want you to speak to Spitfire about this mess, especially about Cloudkicker" Rainbow Dash ordered.

"O-of course Ra-Madam Dash" The mare blinked, turning around and zooming off.

Rainbow sighed, she wasnt much of a fan ordering ponies around. But heck, ever since she passed the Wonderbolt's Acadamy, not only did she get a job that paid her more than any pony else she knew, she was given a rank of officer and the proposal of joining the Wonderbolt's!

But she had no time to think about that, she had to get to Fluttershy. Turning. Around the Pegasus zoomed into the wind, creating a small boom behind her. She had to get to Fluttershy, and needed to go fast.

But the storm that was schedule, was already upon Fluttershy.

OOO

"What's wrong Angel?" Fluttershy asked, picking up her precious bunny and rubbing him softly on the tummy.

The white rabbit squealed and hopped to of the Pegasus's grip, hopping up and down, waving a paw at the window. Blinking, Fluttershy slowly trotted over to the window, and peered through.

The yellow Pegasus's eyes widened as she gazed at the terrified animals, running in different directions into the forest. Quickly, for her animal friends sake, Fluttershy rushed to her cottage door and opened it only to run out in wet rain. The yellow Pegasus slowly lifted herself from the ground and looked around, by all of her teachings of Flight Academy, Fluttershy always knew she had to observe her surroundings.

Rain was pouring down furiously, making the Pegasus's mane soaking wet and falling into the muddy ground, the wind roared ruthlessly, smashing against the trees. Lightning roared above the forest as well as Fluttershy.

The yellow Pegasus widened her eyes, the sky was a dark stormy grey, flashing with yellow ash white light occasionally. Lightning, Fluttershy was afraid, oh so deeply afraid of the roaring light. Letting out a 'Eep!' of fear, Fluttershy rushed back inside the cottage and locked the door behind her, her pink mane sending rivers of rain into the floor of her cottage.

The Pegasus rushed over to her small Angel Bunny, picking him up Fluttershy hovered over her small red bed and placed the bunny upon the sheets.

"Don't worry Angel, the s-storm will d-die down soon...Rainbow D-Dash is proberbly sending in the weather t-team to control it" Fluttershy murmered to him.

But the bunny didn't look convinced, more than the time he disagreed with Discord hanging about when Fluttershy was reforming him.

Neither did Fluttershy, and by any means, if Rainbow Dash was out there. She hoped she was alright.

OOO

The storm was furious, the anger howling winds crashed against the forest, the animals screamed and roared in fright. Taking cover in there dens or launching themselves into Fluttershy's cottage. The lightning flashed and crackled in the grey sky, birds squawked and tweeted in fear as they flew close to the grassy ground, eager not to be hit by the fatal light. The grey clouds swirled and collided into each other, making the storm grow bigger and bigger.

Rainbow Dash couldn't believe her eyes, lightning, wind, rain. All of this was caused by a accidental collusion of clouds. How could this happen? Near Fluttershy? Near her shy compassionate friend? She would be scared out of her wits by now.

But Rainbow Dash wasn't alone, she was in a perfect line of the most bravest and smartest Pegasi in the weather team, and with Rainbow leading it? They were going it succeed perfectly.

Rainbow Dash was surprised on how fast Cloudkicker got the weather team, she underestimated the stallion far off. He to was within the weather team, as well as the familiar Wonderbolt's. Spitfire, Sorain, Fleetfoot, Rainbow Dash herself. Not only was the Wonderbolt's there, but a few of the most fastest fliers in the weather factory: Ditzy Derpy Hooves, Cloudkicker, and Blossomforth.

All seven Pegasi had their goggles on, their determination burning inside them. All ready to save Fluttershy, well that what Rainbow thought.

"Alright, Dash, Derpy, Cloud" Spitfire addressed.

Rainbow perked her ears, Derpy blinked and smiled, Cloudkicker nodded in reply of being addressed by the Wonderbolt.

"All of you come from the above, we'll come from below, if we hit the clouds enough the storm will separate giving us the opputinuty to destroy it bit by bit" Spitfire ordered,

Nodding Rainbow at once flew into the sky, followed by a happy Derpy, and a guilty Cloudkicker. Tucking into a roll, Rainbow smashed herself through the clouds, to see bright shinning light blast onto her face. Derpy let out a whoop of glee and tumbled in the air, enjoying the sunlight. Cloudkicker sighed, turning Derpy in the right position.

Spitfire below began to land and stand herself in an bolt position, followed by the rest of her team. Her mane was wet and soggy, the wind pressing against her, but she didn't care.

"On the count of three!" Spitfire shouted.

Rainbow perked her ears, she hovered over the dark clouds, her eyes burning in determination. Derpy saluted and flew right beside Rainbow, followed by Cloudkicker.

"ONE!" Rainbow shouted.

Fluttershy's ears perked up, quickly rushing out of her bed sheets which she laid hidden in, she rushed to the window. And gasped, seeing four Pegasi in a stance position, ready to fly at the storm above them.

"TWO!" Spitfire shouted.

Angel blinked, hopping over he gazed at the terrified and amazed Fluttershy, giving one last leap he landed onto the mare's shoulder. And gazed at the Pegasi, lifting their wings.

"THREE!" Derpy shouted.

All seven Pegasi shot forwards, speeding up dangerously, the clouds rumbled and flashed with powerful lightning. Rain poured down onto the four mares on the ground, while Rainbow Dash and friends flew fast, with a gentle breeze pushing them onwards. Rainbow closed her eyes, as well as her companions on under and above.

BANG!

The collusion happened, rain poured down Rainbow, opening her eyes the mare looked upwards. The dark storm was wishing around. Narrowing her eyes, Rainbow heaved herself upwards and rolled, the wind pressing against her. The others of the weather team began to tackle the clouds, as fast as possible before the storm collided again and make worse happenings.

All looked good.






















































Until it happened.

Out of the corner of her eye, Rainbow gasped, a large cloud headed straight towards her. Diving down Rainbow flapped her wings furiously, she began to tuck and roll, zigzag and have near misses to the ground. But the cloud didn't budge. Rainbow looked around for any of the other Pegasi on the weather team, but all were gone.

Rainbow's eyes widened, she flew to far, and now the cloud could easily tackle her and bring her into the ground for her doom.

And for once in her life, as the cloud sped up and towered upon her, Rainbow Dash. The fastest flier of Equestria, Element of Loyalty. Was scared.

OOO

Fluttershy blinked, she gaped in awe as the Pegasi tackled the clouds, bucked them with their powerful hind legs, and fly high hooving each other.

But something was wrong, in the mist of all the sunlight and the dying rain and angry winds, Fluttershy sensed something was wrong. Rainbow Dash wasn't with them, she was missing.

Fear rose up in Fluttershy, was Rainbow Dash in trouble? No she could to be...

But Fluttershy still had the sick feeling, rushing outside once more and locking Angel inside the cottage with the other animals (Which he didn't approve of) Fluttershy rushed down the forestry path. The animals shook in fear as they saw Fluttershy through the window of her safe cottage, there mother like pony, their healer, their saviour. Was running into danger, running into the heart of death, running...for her friend.

Fluttershy's mane flicked and swished wildly as she raced down the path, mud flew everywhere, the grassy ocean was now dull green. The trees were weak and wet to the bark. The dying sound of mourning birds echoed through Fluttershy's ears.

Fluttershy blinked and skidded, sending mud fly everywhere, her eyes widened as the figure in the shinning sky, a Pegasus falling, surrounded by fire, her wings uselessly flaring around the mare.

It was Rainbow Dash.

OOO

She was going to die, she knew she was. Fear was coursing through her. Her wings were useless now, she couldn't control them, pain was around her, flames flickering around her entire weak body, her rainbow mane, now singed with black ash. The whispers of death were closing in on her.

She was dying, and their was nothing she could do about it.

But at least she saved her friend, her beautiful shy compassionate friend. She knew, she knew as soon as she laid eyes upon her at that first day on Flight School. She loved her, her voice, her eyes, her soul. She loved Fluttershy.

She would never get to tell her now, only at this moment, this small dying moment, did she realised she loved her friend. And now she will never tell. Never get to see those shy dark green eyes, never to heard the soft voice. Never to see her again.

Rainbow slowly closed her eyes, her flame flickering body dying down, her raise mane slowly flowing into the wind. Her once powerful wings fading into the blue skies.

She was the fastest in all Equestria, and she was the most loyal to. What would be better to die in fire and flames saving you're friend?

It was worth it I suppose Rainbow thought.

OOO

She was afraid, and she knew it. Her friend was in danger, she could die. She wasn't much of a flier, she was weak, she was shy, she was a helpless silly little Pegasus who made a stupid mistake. She could never be like her friend, she thought of that and knew that a long time ago. But here her friend was, burning like a glorious flame in a fireplace. Her wings useless, her soul dying to save her friend. Dying to save the shy helpless Pegasus.

The shy little Pegasus...

The brave little Pegasus...

Both entertained in love and loyalty, compassion and bravery. Flight and no flight, laughter and generosity.

Love was sparkling...

And it was time to ignite it...

OOO

Fluttershy zoomed upwards, wind pressing against her. Her green eyes were sparking in fear, in hope, and in love. She loved Rainbow Dash, she knew it. She felt her heart fall down when the flier was sad. She felt her heart soar as her friend accomplished her dreams.

The yellow wings of the Pegasus screeched, Fluttershy never felt pain in her before. Her pink mane flicked and flowed into the sky like a soft river of shyness. Her green eyes were focused onto the fiery flames.

The wind narrowed upon her body, her muscles screamed in pain. Fluttershy clenched her teeth as the pain coursed through her. Rainbow Dash was close to her, the flickering flames were slowly dissolving into the wind, crumbling into ash.

The wind was closing deeper and deeper into Fluttershy's body. The wind was turning pink and yellow. The weak wings of Fluttershy was now refusing to stop, the mare's eyes and whole body was fixed onto Rainbow Dash.

"You know Shy" Rainbow had once said.

"Yes R-Rainbow D-Dash?" Fluttershy replied.

"You could be something great, something big" Rainbow replied, with a big smile on her face.

"W-what like?" Fluttershy asked.

"A flier, a flier to face fears itself" Rainbow winked.

I once had fear, I once hated myself. I was a scared pony, a weak pony..Fluttershy thought, as the wind slowly became brighter colours of yellow and pink.

BANG!!!!!

The wind exploded around Fluttershy, little butterflies flew around her happily as the large butterfly hovered around the air behind her, the long streak of pink and yellow soared behind her, the litte butterflies almost seemed to be real, encouraging Fluttershy on. To save Rainbow.

To save her love.

But now I choose to face my fear, to save my friend, my love

Fluttershy tucked her wings beside her, she zoomed straight down, the soft ashes flew by her face, Rainbow Dash's body was spread out like a star. Waiting for Fluttershy's embrace.

Fluttershy opened her hooves and embraced Rainbow Dash, before grabbing her hooves and flying upwards, just missing the grassy ground. The pink and yellow streak still flowing behind her.

"I Will Catch You" Fluttershy murmered.

Rainbow Dash groaned, opening her eyes slowly.

"And I Will Save You" Fluttershy smiled, gazing at her friend.

OOO

Author's Note:

I just love FlutterDash just..love it...SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FLUTTERDASH FOR EVER