• Published 17th Jun 2014
  • 1,197 Views, 4 Comments

Miss Celestia's Home for Peculiar Ponies - That_G3_Obsessive



Ally Corne goes on a trip to an island to an old barn her grandmother, Grammy Tia, had owned. It was said to have 'strange' ponies living there, but now it was abandoned. But then she discovers that the ponies are still alive. And waiting.

  • ...
0
 4
 1,197

Prologue

As I walk down the street with my friend, I think about Grammy Tia.

She has recently disappeared. No one knows where she went. All assume she is dead. Sam comforts me as best he can, but that's all he can. He offered to take me to the park today, so I said yes. Anything to dull the pain.

As we sit on the bench, I tell him the story of how Tia and I grew so close together.

"When I was little, Tia...Tia used to tell me stories about her childhood," I say slowly to him. I can trust Sam. He is one of my closest friends. "She told me of the old farm she used to run when she lived in the Caribbean, and about the animals there. Then, she would show me these...these photographs, of strange ponies that she cared for. She said that in that barn, they were safe from the monsters that were hunting them. She would protect them, and in return, they would honor her, do shows for her, displaying their special talents.

"She called them 'peculiar' because...because they were colorful, and some had wings, others magical powers. There were unicorns, pegasi, and earth ponies, she said, and they could all talk. Each had a unique personality. She called one 'the bookworm' and one 'the party animal', and another 'the tomboy'. But that was when I was a little kid.

"As I grew up, I began to realize that some...no, all of the photos were fakes. They were probably Photoshopped, or drawn with a real background. I started to believe that these stories were fakes, too, and that she was just a crazy old woman.

"But then... but then my parents told me the real reason she told me the stories. Because, when she was running the farm, she did have special ponies...just not talking, colorful ones like she said. They were prize-winners, and the 'monsters' were people who wanted the prize-winning ponies, and they were willing to do anything for them. Mom and Dad said that she told me these stories because it would be easier for a little kid to understand, but then I was old enough to know the truth."

Sam smiles at me kindly, and I see the understanding in his eyes. He is such a great friend.

He simply nods, then stares off into the horizon. "But I have one question."

"What?" I ask.

"Could you show me one of those photos? I'm pretty good at deciphering a fake photo from a real one," he said.

"Sure," I reply. "We're looking through Tia's stuff to see what she might have wanted us to keep. I'm sure I can find one for you."

"Great!" He suddenly jumps up, and, pulling me with him, goes straight to the merry-go-round.

He drags me through the whole park, including the mini-gym made for two-year-olds. When we imagine it's a pirate ship, however, it becomes the best part of the jungle gym.

I thought that everything would just go back to normal the next day. I thought that I could just forget that Grammy Tia ever died.

I had no idea how wrong I was.