• Published 17th Nov 2013
  • 6,752 Views, 313 Comments

The Trixie Treatment. - DerpyDitzyDerpyDo



Trixie and Applejack, the most and least honest ponies in all of Equestria. Two ponies who couldn't be more different and yet... they can't seem to get enough of one another.

  • ...
8
 313
 6,752

Interlude: Pinkie

"And then we can eat cake and then we can play games and then we can drink punch and then we can dance and then I can wear your hat and then we can eat even more cake!"

"Help! Applejack! Anypony!"

"And then we can listen to music and then you can show us some magic and then maybe Twilight can show us some magic too and then we can dance some more and then-"

"Somepony save Tri- Save me! I'm being kidnapped!" Trixie thought better than loudly shouting her own name while being carried through the streets of the town she'd tried to take over. Better to remain incognito, even if that meant tagging along with this madness a while longer.

This small pink whirlwind had plucked her out of her comfort zone and dragged her away from Applejack yelling and whooping about parties. They'd visited Twilight briefly, Trixie had actually wanted to talk to her some more, but mere moments later this giggling psychopath had carried her away again.

"What kind of a pony just up an grabs somepony and carries them around? Where are you even taking Trixie?" she gave a feeble kick at her captor which Pinkie failed to even notice.

"To a party, of course," Pinkie was in high spirits. And high spirits for Pinkie was like some kind of an excitement quantum singularity, "I've told you that twenty times already. Twenty one times counting this one. We're going to a party! Twenty two. We're going to a party! Twenty three."

"Who's party?" asked Trixie, still being carried along on Pinkie's back.

"It was going to be your party... but then I remembered that Berry Pinch was having her seventh birthday today so I thought to myself: "Pinkie you're going to have to choose between having a party for Trixie the magician or for Berry the filly." but then I thought: "Wait a minute. Why choose one? Trixie would probably love to come to Berry's party. And then we can have a smaller get together. Double the fun." and then after that I thought to myself: "What would it be like if I had Gummy's body but still had my own head but no teeth like in that one dream that I had." but that didn't really have anything to do with you but it was what I thought about after I thought about the party and now I've told you about the party twenty five times," Pinkie's motor-mouth was finally brought to a stop by lack of oxygen.

AJ had told Trixie that, while under the influence of the Alicorn Amulet, she had removed Pinkie's mouth. She now knew the reason why.

"Why would you possibly think that the Great and Powerful Trixie would want to go to some seven year old's birthday party?" Trixie's voice was trembling due to the bumpy ride down the long and snowy streets of Ponyville.

"Because you're a magician. Duh. Magicians love to go to foal's parties and entertain everypony." piped Pinkie, bouncing along with palpable joy.

"We don't love to do that. It's our job," Trixie caught herself. Shocked at the words that had just come out of her mouth.

She had loved her job once. And she had loved performing at birthday parties. Even more so then the big stage. But eventually her arrogance had cost her that love. She'd decided that she was too much of a big shot to do parties anymore.

"So you don't want to go to Berry's party with me?" Pinkie turned her head to face the mare slung over her back, all faux trembling lips and big puppy dog eyes.

"Trixie didn't say that... but she doesn't think anypony would want her at their party anyway. Given Trixie's past indiscretions she's probably not going to get a very warm welcome."

"Well don't you worry about a thing. Ol' Pinkie's got a few Trix of her own," Pinkie snorted at her own clumsy joke, "I've prepared a perfect disguise."

Pinkie whipped out a comically oversized handlebar moustache seemingly out of nowhere. After a brief struggle she overpowered her slender passenger and the moustache was fixed firmly on Trixie's lip.

"Trixie does not think this is going to fool anypony," said Trixie, trying and failing to remove the moustache, "Did you just glue this thing to Trixie's face?"

"The disguise isn't going to work if you keep saying your name all the time. We'll have to come up with a new stage name for you. Let me think... hmmm... I know! Moustachio!"

"Absolutely not!" cried Trixie with livid conviction.

"How about... Moustachio the Magician?" asked Pinkie.

"That's not an improvement!"

"Then... The Magnificent Moustachio the Magician!"

"No!"

"The Mega-Magnificent Moustachio the Magical Magician!"

"Magical Magician is redundant! And that's a terrible stage name! Not Great and Powerful at all!" Trixie was struggling to keep up with the pink bundle of energy. Pinkie had put her down and the two were now walking side by side. That is to say that Trixie was walking and Pinkie was hopping.

"The Mega-Magnificent Moustachio the Magical Magistrate!"

"Trixie is not a magistrate!" Trixie had slipped into the state of amused confusion that most ponies felt when talking to Pinkie.

"But you said that Magical Magician was redundant. And you should really stop calling yourself Trixie. Give your new stage name a try,"

"But Trixie-"

"No," Pinkie leaned closer to Trixie.

"Trixie thinks that-"

"Say it," Pinkie was standing even closer.

"Trix-"

"Moustachio," said Pinkie, now standing so close her eyeball was almost touching Trixie's.

After a long pause Trixie sighed and relented, "Moustachio thinks that you are a very unusual pony. How is Moustachio supposed to do her tricks? She left all of her props back at her caravan."

"Silly Moustachio, the magic isn't in any caravan. It's in here," Pinkie placed a hoof over Trixie heart and smiled warmly.

"Trix... Moustachio thinks it's up here actually," Trixie tapped a hoof against her temple. Still, she certainly felt the sentiment. It was time to start improvising some stage magic, "You pulled out a moustache. Did you bring anything else?"

"Sure! I've got ten different types of moustaches here," Pinkie began seemingly snatching objects out of the air and dropping them in front of Trixie, "Mutton chops, horse shoe, pencil, anchor, copstash, goatee... ooooh this one's my favourite. I'm gonna wear it to the party," Pinkie slapped the Fu Manchu onto her upper lip and grinned fiendishly

"Let me see what else... I've got a yo-yo, rubber chicken, Pinkie slinkie, don't really know what this is, Fluttershy's shopping list, chewing gum, defibrillator and a half eaten cupcake," Pinkie popped the cupcake into her mouth without a second's hesitation, "Okay, now it's a fully eaten cupcake."

Trixie stared slack-jawed at the pink mare, "Where were you keeping all that stuff while you were carrying me?"

"Hammerspace," replied Pinkie, meekly. Trixie did not even pretend to understand.

"Fine, throw all that stuff in Moustachio's hat. Is this the place here?" the two had come up to a small house, adorned with balloons, ribbons and tinsel. Trixie popped the now heavily laden wizard hat back onto her head. Time to make some magic.

"Follow Moustachio's lead, lowly assistant," Trixie winked at Pinkie and the pink mare reciprocated. The two swept up the steps and burst through the door into the foals birthday party.

"Behold, foals of Ponyville!" cried Trixie, "The Great... the Majestic and Magnificent Moustachio heard tell that a very special young filly is having a birthday today! Where is this Berry Pinch?"

The two were greeted by silence. The colts and fillies stared at the odd moustache wearing duo who had just burst in.

Berry Pinch, a small rose coloured filly stepped forward with a sceptical eyebrow raised, "Is that you Pinkie? And who are you supposed to be? You're a mare, aren't you? Why are you wearing a moustache if you're a mare?" she asked, irritated at having her party interrupted.

"A better question would be... why are you wearing a moustache?"

Berry Pinch looked down and gasped to find that a moustache had been attached to her own lip without her even knowing.

As the laughter and applause swept over the duo Trixie couldn't help but grin behind her moustache. It felt good to be making magic again.