• Published 17th Nov 2013
  • 6,748 Views, 313 Comments

The Trixie Treatment. - DerpyDitzyDerpyDo



Trixie and Applejack, the most and least honest ponies in all of Equestria. Two ponies who couldn't be more different and yet... they can't seem to get enough of one another.

  • ...
8
 313
 6,748

Chapter 20: Epilogue

~~Two weeks later...~~

Applejack's eyes fluttered open. Most ponies around town were probably moaning and dragging themselves out of bed. But waking up early for Winter Wrap Up had never been particularly difficult for Applejack. She was a farm gal; she woke up early every morning for chores anyway.

Waking up was one thing but actually getting out of bed would be another thing entirely. The Great and Powerful Trixie was a snuggle sleeper: she had a tendency to cosy up to AJ during the night such that the earth pony would often have to disentangle herself from the unicorn come morning.

"Trixie?" she whispered, nudging aside a lock of cornflower blue mane and kissing the sleeping magician just below the horn. Trixie scrunched her nose.

"Mmmmhm-mmm... Applejack?" she murmured, her brow furrowing but her eyes still closed.

"Ah'm here, sugarcube. Time to wake up. We got a long day ahead of us."

"Mmm-mmmnn... nuh-uh... the trick to eating pine cones is to just start chewing and not stop 'cos... if you stop then you'll lose momentum... here... Trixie will show you..." Trixie nuzzled groggily against Applejack's chest and drifted back to sleep.

Applejack stifled a giggle. Trixie didn't have nightmares anymore but her normal dreams were plenty bizarre enough to make up for it. AJ tried playfully blowing into an azure ear. It twitched and a low grumble rose from Trixie.

"You awake, yet?" smiled AJ, teasing Trixie was her absolute favourite past time these days. She leaned forward and nibbled Trixie's ear gently.

"Gaaah..." Trixie's legs squirmed around, kicking at the blankets. She slowly lifted her head and blinked blearily at AJ, "Mmmm-mmm... five more minutes," her head flopped back down again.

Applejack grinned, "Breakfast is ready," she said in a soft sing-song voice.

Trixie lurched awake, scampered across the mattress like a wounded animal desperately fleeing a hunter and tumbled out of bed dragging the blankets with her. After a loud thump followed by a mad scramble she leapt to her feet, "Good morning, Applejack! Come on! Breakfast is ready!" cried Trixie, excitably, wearing the blankets like a replacement for her usual cloak.

"That it is," she beamed warmly, "And after breakfast Ah got somethin' real fun for us to do together."

"You do?" Trixie wriggled free of the blankets and trotted across the room to retrieve the new and improved cloak that Rarity had made for her last week, "Excellent. And what marvellous things will you entertain Trixie with today?"

"Well, today's Winter Wrap Up so... we're gonna spend the whole day working hard with no magic whatsoever," Applejack chuckled as Trixie blustered at this for a moment.

"Damn, damn, damn... Trixie forgot that was happening today," Trixie puffed out her chest, "Well, prepare to fall deeper in love with the Great and Powerful Trixie and her myriad of talents because this unicorn is no stranger to hard work. Trixie hauled her caravan half way across Equestria on her own. She can certainly handle a single day of wrapping up winter! Why, Trixie, in her magnificence, could probably wrap up winter single-hoofedly!" Trixie waggled her eyebrows at AJ to let her know she was kidding.

"Ya really think ya can handle it? You were struggling a little bit yesterday when ya were helpin' me clear snow," said Applejack, "A certain somepony ran off to foalsit the CMC first chance she got, if Ah recall correctly."

Trixie blushed and shuffled her hooves, "It'll be okay... even boring chores can be fun... as long as we can do them together."

Applejack leapt off the bed and swept Trixie into her arms, "Yer too darn cute sometimes, ya know that? Ah think Ah'm startin' to reconsider yer request for five more minutes in bed."

"Can't resist Trixie's charms, huh? The Great and Powerful mmmph-" Applejack shut Trixie up with a deep kiss. It was going to be a long day and AJ needed to recharge her emotional batteries with copious amounts of Trixie.

"Ahem."

Applejack reluctantly pulled away, "Dang it, Mac! How many times Ah gotta tell ya not to come barging into my room!"

Big McIntosh sheepishly withdrew the head he had poked into the bedroom ,"Came to tell ya breakfast's ready," said the stoic red stallion from the hall.

"Ya don't have to come up here an' tell me that!" snapped Applejack. She always got a bit edgy when somepony interrupted her when she was getting her fix of Trixie, "Ah could smell that food from halfway across Ponyville," ninety percent of what Mac said was implied rather than openly stated. Applejack knew full well that the real reason he was up here was to badger her to get ready for Wrap Up because he knew if she had her way she might end up lying in bed with Trixie for another hour.

"Come on, sugarcube, let's get moving."

"Trixie! Trixie! Trixie!" Apple Bloom scampered into the room at her usual break-neck pace, "Snips and Snails asked me to ask you if you could teach them more magic tricks and Ah said Ah would but only if me an' the Crusaders could come too 'cos we wanted to be Cutie Mark Crusader Magicians!"

"Anypony else wanna come bargin' into mah bedroom?" asked a rather frazzled AJ.

Granny Smith's wrinkled face poked in through the door, "How much longer are you two lover birds gonna take? Yer pancakes're gettin' cold!"

Applejack sighed. She'd have to spend the night in Trixie's caravan again if she planned on securing even an iota of privacy for the two of them.

"Apparently Trixie's not allowed to use magic for the whole day but maybe she can teach you lot some card tricks tomorrow when the sun comes out," laughed Trixie as she trotted downstairs with the rest of them, glancing over her shoulder and tossing a wink AJ's way.

"Awww! But Winter Wrap Up is so boring," whined Apple Bloom, "Tell me another story so Ah'll have something to entertain the rest of the Crusaders with later!"

"Hmmm... did Trixie ever tell you about the Snowmare?"

Their cheerful voices faded away as they marched downstairs. Applejack dug her scarf and another one for Trixie. She paused. Was she forgetting anything? Trixie's hat! She plucked it off the hook and paused for but a moment to stare out the window. Beyond the misted pane lay all of winter waiting to be cleared. Sweet Apple Acres was covered by a thick blanket of snow hthat shone bright and crisp, despite the sun not having risen yet, as the lights of the farmhouse played on its surface. Usually she looked forward to the end of winter but this time...

Mah first winter with Trixie's over so soon... still... Ah'm sure by the time winter comes 'round again next year Ah'll have plenty of new stories to tell.

"Y'all had better not have started those pancakes without me or there'll be heck to pay!"


-The End.-

Author's Note:

And that concludes the Trixie Treatment. A super big awesome thank you to everypony who left comments, even those comments telling me what a derp I'm making. It's thanks to you guys that I was able to avoid some dumb pitfalls (like using some half remembered pop psychology nonsense just cos I thought it sounded cool) and thanks for pointing out obvious plot holes that I missed. I'm gonna be sure to check out you guys and your stories too!

I got lots of great lessons here to apply to my future stories and I would be super chuffed if you would leave a comment telling me what you thought of the story over all. I know there were obvious problems with the story relating to pacing and the slightly... okay maybe very contrived climax but most of these errors come from a lack of planning on my part.

I may write a few bonus chapters for this at some distant point in the future if it stops accumulating views but for now I think it's safe for me to think of this as finished and done.

Comments ( 67 )

Congrats, and thank you for the lovely story :twilightsmile:

cute ending for a cute fic ^^

A nice, fluffy story. There are a lot of telly parts, but I didn't mind. Sometimes, getting a coherent story is enough to make me like it.

Congrats on finishing this!

The story's over? Damn. Aw well, it was super adorable while it lasted, it would be nice to see more stories using this rendition of Trixie.

Ultimately I enjoyed it a lot. It was a fun, fluffy little piece and while I was originally wary of the short chapters (which usually suggests poor writing), I found them actually quite nice when combined with the high update rate. It was like a five minute break to read some fluff every day. I'd be happy to see a sequel or a collection of side stories or the like.

SHL

Great ending for this awesome fic. I never thought before this fic that a shipping between Trixie and Applejack could work. And now, I'm will wait for more in the future, no doubt :pinkiehappy:

Congrates on finishing. i enjoyed the ride. :yay:

:yay:: It's over!
:fluttershysad:
:fluttercry:
:fluttershyouch:
:fluttershbad:: I miss it already!!

I motion that from now on, any and all stories that feature one or more characters getting their Trixie fix will not be identified in the traditional manner (Twixie, etc.), but as a "Fixie" story.

Do I have a second?

Claps. Claps Claps.

You want to thank us for reading and commenting? Nope not going to happen We should be thank you you for writing this story and sharing it with all of us.

Thank you

I love this story. A great ending to an amazing tale. Looking towards more stories from you! :)

A good ending to a good story. Nicely wrapped up.

I think what I like most about it is that Applejack's attraction to Trixie feels very natural. She's partially drawn in by the simple fact that Trixie is pretty, but there's also her growing realization that Trixie is a deeper character than she gave credit for - that her behavior is less because of some easily-dismissed "she's a jerk" and more the result of her experiences and hardship - and that she is perfectly capable of being friendly and loving if just given a chance.

The only real downside is that we see much less motivation for Trixie being attracted to Applejack. This is mainly because Applejack is the viewpoint character for the whole story, so Trixie's inner workings are kept hidden. Unfortunately this means that Trixie's behavior feels a bit shallow, and at times comes across as though she's just playing along so she won't have to be alone anymore. And while it could feel very in character for an emotionally unskilled Trixie to confuse basic affection for actual love, I doubt that was the intended purpose.

Actually, does anyone else have an opinion on this? I'm rather curious if I'm just reading too much into it.

loved it . some errors but screw it . the mind can fix them in mid read so i don't care. great ending , now. all you have to do is make more stories that i can't wait to read more of and you will be a hit. you will have more Trixie? right? you better because :trixieshiftright: is best pony. lol. or maybe rainbow dash? idk i think thats a 50/50. all in all i give it the 2 thumbs up. or 100 if i had that many thumbs.:rainbowlaugh:

*squee!* Loved it. :pinkiehappy: The world needs more Trixiejack! :trixieshiftright::ajsmug:

I would love some bonus chapters, and great job on writing it so fast.

I adore this story. While Twixie will always be my OTP that involves my favorite showmare, this story has solidified TrixieJack as a close second pairing. I hope to see more stories like this from you and possibly some side stories and/or epilogues for this story. For example, I would love to see a story about Apple Jack proposing to Trixie or their life as a married couple.

Thank you for the story! :twilightsmile: It was one of those short, fluffy romances that don't need to go too deep to give us some emotional moments.

I usually don't ask for sequels, but I'd love to see more of this couple, and a story told from your Trixie's POV would really complement this one.

*Grins and applauds* Very sweet and fun, definitely looking forward to more from you:pinkiehappy:

3739389
3739482 Thirded. Shall we have a vote?

Anyway... while I'm a Twixie 'shipper at heart I do love this story. I legit think this is the first TrixieJack I've seen. And you did it well.

Also... god, I remember how much I hate the whole 'no magic' horse hockey from Winter Wrap-Up. I mean seriously, it's stupid.

3750765
It’s not stupid! It’s tradition!

3754098
3754098 And I hate it when people hide behind 'tradition' to make things harder.

3754267
Yeah, well, my eardrum is wearing two fedoras and a pork pie on its yarmulke. Your argument is invalid.

3759605 Your argument is nonsensical. And I still find 'tradition!' to be a poor argument at best.

3760275
I agree with you. I strongly dislike the themes of tradition and faith over technology and free enquiry that show up in episodes like Winter Wrap Up, Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 and Feeling Pinkie Keen. I'd like to see more pro-science and empiricism type episodes to balance things out.

3760294 *Applause* I would've loved to see Twilight rip into Applejack during Winter Wrap-Up about how legit bigoted and backwards it was to exclude magic use. Or anyone, for that matter.

3760275
3760294
More seriously, I feel the question we need to be asking is not whether the argument from tradition is valid (usually, it's not), but rather, what kind of ecological disaster befell Equestria that requires ponies to clean-up winter. Does ice not naturally melt in this world? Are animals really so incompetent that they can't wake themselves up when the temperature rises?

3760841 In my mind.... I don't think winter wrap-up is 'necessary'. In other words, if they didn't, winter would 'wrap up' like it does here on Earth. Just slide into spring, you know?

As for the actual activity... if we had the ability to do Winter Wrap-Up around here, I'd be taking choreography and singing lessons every single day.

An overall fun story, plenty of fun and weird moments. Trixie again still seems to be in character making it even better. Well done and I look forward to more.

3760861
... man, not having to wrap-up winter sucks!

3761085 Yeah, it really, legit does. I never have and never will be able to get the argument that the ponies having at least nominal control over the weather is somehow a bad thing. I'd love it.

3761097
It's only a bad thing if the extremes of their control, i.e. lifting water up to Cloudsdale with a tornado (which just seems unsafe) to wrapping up winter and the Running of the Leaves (assuming that not just a traditional holiday thing) means that the world is on the verge of total ecological collapse.

3760294

I agree with you. I strongly dislike the themes of tradition and faith over technology and free enquiry that show up in episodes like Winter Wrap Up, Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 and Feeling Pinkie Keen. I'd like to see more pro-science and empiricism type episodes to balance things out.

I regret that I have but one voice with which to yell
Hear hear!

3767455

The occasional few rebel rousers like you are something tradition must endure.

3771194
Nah, just some unnamed artefact necessary for mind melding. I make a big show of bringing out the amulet later.

All in all this was very good, I enjoyed reading it. TrixieJack has always been one of my favorite ships but it's really hard to find any good fic for them, most people just ship Trixie with Twilight to the point of over-saturation:trixieshiftleft:.

If I had any nit pick about the fic as a hole it would be that the chapters where a bit short. I think a good chapter length is around 2,000 to 4,000 words, but on the other hand you do update rather quickly so if short chapters are working for you who am I to argue with it. It is a minor nit pick after all.

Final thoughts, I'm a little sad to see this end :fluttercry: but look forward to any bonus chapters or other fic you might write in the future:ajsmug:

Now if only I could finish the fic I've been writing :facehoof:.

3767866

Rabble-rousers.

:ajsmug:

3772984
Any plans on expanding on the "Voice" of the Amulet? You have what I think is a goldmine for an adventure-epic buried in there. xD

This was hysterical. Trixie, in my opinion stole this story. This is the part where I yell at you to make a sequel to this :pinkiecrazy: ... but seriously :ajbemused: you need to make a sequel. This made me like Trixie... more than I already do so you need to get on that at some point.

I laughed at seven intervals during this story, and my dad yelled at me to stop laughing so loud. :pinkiecrazy: :heart:

Here is the review courtesy of The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group.

This was a really cute story, I'd love to see more of this pairing.

Well, the 'ship itself is awkward and a bit on crack, but this is some lovely character voice work for Trixie, and it unexpectedly becomes a cool mini-adventure story at the end. Other than a need for a typo sweep, this is very good stuff.

The cuteness meter is off the charts!!!
:pinkiegasp:
*has a heart attack and slumps to the floor.*

Seriously, awesome story. Would you mind if I did a story reading for it on youtube?

3848422
Sure that'd be great! Feel free to post a link to it in the comments section of this story!

3848457 Ok. I will. I'll be doing it today after I get my hw done. I just had to wait til the last second, as usual.

3848457 Alright; here's the link and, if you want to take the lazy way out, here's the vid itself;
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm3zzml6cjc
Vid:

3848457 Alright, I posted my reading of chapter two. Here it is;

Now this was nice - a fun, light shipfic to help me through a rough week. It made me smile.

Login or register to comment