• Published 18th Nov 2013
  • 3,393 Views, 91 Comments

Trixie Goes Purple - Art Inspired



After taking some advice from Twilight and Rarity, Trixie uses a spell to alter her coat and mane color. As a result, she somehow came out looking rather similar to a good friend of her's, though that's not all she duplicated.

  • ...
25
 91
 3,393

Part Six: Surviving It

At this time in the evening of Ponyville, Trixie wandered right along the apple trees. Over and over again, her mind wandered back to what Discord had said to her, but eventually, Trixie would start thinking about the reason she had come to Ponyville in the first place. Everything just happened so fast, she had practically forgotten.

"Twilight is Trixie's friend now, and Trixie came back not only to let her know that Trixie has accepted this, and that nopony has anything further to worry about... but also..."

She came up to a bucket filled with rainwater. Looking at her own reflection, Trixie murmured to the purple ripples before her, "Trixie guesses it doesn't matter... She never should've wandered off in the first place, but she was so... hungry... The worst part is, Trixie never even got her meal!"

She began sighing, and fought back tears caused by hunger. She soon got herself together, although her stomach continued to growl at her. In response, she answered it with a slight attitude. "I already know the food back there smelled amazing!" She shuffled her hooves, and groaned, "Oh, listen to me, now. I can't even speak the way I usually do because I'm so rattled by all of this."

Trixie did her best to shake off the bad vibes that were running through her body, but something was about to startle her more than when she recently turned the train station into a night club. That something was Twilight who had come looking for her. At first, Trixie had expected Twilight to lash out at her for running off, and causing havoc amongst the Ponyville citizens. Instead, however, Twilight came running up to her on sight, shouting, "Trixie! There you are."

She came up to give Trixie a powerful hug, and as a response, Trixie hiccuped, " Y-you're not mad at Trixie?"

While Twilight gripped Trixie, she held off on answering. When she let go of Trixie, however, she said, "Oh, I'm a little bit upset that you ran off, and... well, you know, but for the most part, I'm just happy you're okay."

Trixie just stood there, amazed at how lenient Twilight was about all of this. She whispered, "After everything Trixie's put you through... Twilight?"

"Hmm? Yeah?"

"You're... an amazing friend. You know that?"

Twilight blushed, and said, "Thanks, but let's not waste much time. We need to hurry back so that we can get you cured!"

Trixie began walking with Twilight, and asked, "You found out how it works?"

Twilight shook her head, and answered, "Nope! Not yet, at least. I left Rarity to that while I went off in search for you."

Trixie frowned, and said, "Trixie's worried she'll stay like this forever. How will Trixie learn to control herself?"

That's when Twilight added, "A better question would be... how exactly are you controlling yourself right now?"

As the two walked along, back to the library, Trixie explained about how she met Discord. However, she left out the part about how he had given Twilight some of his own chaotic power so that she might become an alicorn. Once they got back to Twilight's home, Trixie would be finishing up by saying, "So, Trixie agrees that we should all just hurry this along, and change her back to her normal, blue self."

Twilight opened the door for Trixie, and as the two came in, Rarity turned around to greet the two. "Ah, there you are! It's only thirty minutes to midnight! Luckily... I've got the fix. Best part is, it's an easy one."

After all that energy was released, Rarity yawned powerfully from being kept awake for all of this. Her bed time was hours ago, and it showed by the bags underneath her eyes. As for Trixie, she just sighed, and forwardly asked, "So? What do we do?"

Twilight even agreed, "Yeah. What do we do, Rarity?"

The mare standing before them suddenly frowned, and confessed, "You're not going to like it."

Twilight rolled her eyes with a smile, and confidently stated, "I doubt it's that bad." She even chuckled, and asked Rarity, "Come on, tell us."

"Okay," Rarity said, breathing in deeply. "You two... must kiss."

That statement was the last thing the two of them thought would be the solution. Twilight just stood there gawking at Rarity while Trixie took on a more entertained persona, but even that wouldn't be enough to catch Twilight's eyes. The Princess just shook her head, and asked, "Excuse me? Rarity! We don't have time for your-"

"Here!" Rarity stammered, "I f-finished it!"

She was giving Twilight the book that they had been using, and turned it to a certain page. She then cross referenced it was another spell book. Twilight just blinked at the findings a few times, but found them all to be consistent. She looked at Trixie, who gulped, and claimed, "Looks like it'll work, actually."

Trixie smiled, and curiously tilted her head wondering if Twilight was going to actually go through with this or not. Twilight, on the other hoof, was just thinking of what she wanted to say. She came up to Trixie, and stood before her, although she was looking away. Even when she talked, Twilight didn't bother to look at Trixie.

"Look, Trixie... I'm only doing this because I have to."

Trixie just frowned, and felt a chill on her shoulders. "What?"

Twilight sighed, and continued. She still looked the other way, though blushing intensely. "I just want to make sure that it's perfectly clear... I'm... n-not into you, okay?"

Trixie didn't answer. She just stood there with an open mouth, listening to this. Rarity, however, attempted to make a comment by saying, "Uh, Twilight... Trixie's-"

She was cut off, though, by Twilight saying, "Not now, Rarity. You can go to bed, by the way." Although, how could she? Considering what was happening, she was surprised she wasn't eating popcorn. "Trixie," Twilight said, "I like you as a friend, but... don't get the wrong idea about all of this. This is just to save Equestria, so..."

She finally looked at Trixie's disgruntled face, and quickly got the kiss over with. That description of the kiss isn't to be taken lightly, either. Trixie had envisioned her first kiss with Twilight to be somewhat magical. This was anything but magical.

Well, that's not to say it didn't work. It did work, and flawlessly. Trixie quickly turned back to her original, blue self, but the kiss was just bland. Twilight observed Trixie, finally, and had the gall to ask, "What's wrong? Look! You're all better."

Trixie coughed, and answered, "Oh, yeah! That's great... Err, nothing's wrong, Twilight! Nothing... at all." She whispered, "Trixie just feels as if her heart's been broken."

Twilight still managed to hear that, however, and she then looked over to Rarity, and Spike who had come wandering down from the upstairs bedroom. He just looked down at her while Rarity asked, "Twilight? Did you really not pick up on the fact that Trixie might... Umm... How do I put this?"

Twilight then looked back at Trixie, only to see the mare biting her bottom lip in frustration. "Trixie? You...?" Twilight then understood. "You feel that way towards me?"

Trixie nodded solemnly, and said, "Trixie thinks... you're cute, and funny, and so, so smart...! And... A-and also an idiot!"

She grabbed a few books from Twilight's favorite shelves with her magic, and began tossing them at her. "Ah! Trixie, stop," Twilight pleaded.

"Do you even know why Trixie came back, Twilight Sparkle?" She asked this while throwing more books, upsetting Twilight even more. Her Highness was now trying to collect them all in a hurried, magical jumble.

At the same time, Twilight questioned Trixie, "Wh-why did you come back?" Trixie breathed hard, and then forced the whole collection off in one go before telling Twilight why she had come back at all. Books sat on the floor, and Twilight would have to redo them all over again. "Why?"

Trixie blushed, and said, "Because... Trixie wanted to tell you how she felt about you. How she really feels about you. She thought... maybe, if we go out on a date, or something... Trixie might have the time to somehow talk to you about it. Instead, all this happened... Trixie had the capability of unintentionally destroying the world, she's starving, and then you tell her that you're not even into her!"

The air fell quiet after she said that, and Twilight's eyes just stayed as wide as they could be, but she also couldn't stop blushing. Time slowed down for her, though, once Trixie began heading for the door, tears following her trail. Twilight knew she was supposed to stop her, but she couldn't. Her entire frame was paralyzed by current events. The books she was holding fell, too, as Trixie left in a fit of sobs.

Just like that, Trixie was gone from the Ponyville library. Twilight could only stare at the door for a second or two longer before turning to Spike. He just shook his head in disagreement with what she'd done to Trixie, and said, "Nice, Twilight. Real smooth of you."

"Well, how was I supposed to know?"

Rarity pointed out, "She had given plenty of hints. I mean, really! You should've picked up on it early on."

Spike then defended Twilight with, "To be honest, I didn't see that coming at all. I think I'm just gonna go back to my room and finish up the comic that I was so rudely interrupted from."

Rarity rolled her eyes, and said to Twilight with a raised brow, "We can't very well have this be the ending to the story, now can we?"