• ...
11
 80
 5,950

No Man Escapes the Manhunters part 1

That night while Twilight was in Arkham with Mare Do Well. A light blue unicorn with a lighter blue mane was looking around Canterlot. She had a dark blue suit (which had a collar) with an upside down yellow triangle on it with a dark blue star logo on it; yellow gauntlets attached to her upper hooves, a golden technological ring on her horn and she was wearing yellow goggles.

Floating above her was a gold robotic device in the shape of Parasprite, “Skeets so did the Hunter send us to the right time?” Trixie asked looking around “we just got her less than an hour ago and I want to make sure we know where we are!”

My calculations show we are now in Canterlot during the first year of your mother’s career as the Green Lantern, Trixie.” explained the robot Skeets to Trixie “Right now your mother is in Arkham Asylum in her first meeting with Mare Do Well.

“So I will be able to make my first appearance when she is on that mission later.” Said Trixie looking serious and determined “So when she gets back she will see i have been helping keep Canterlot safe for her!”

be careful about what you decide to change, Trixie!” warned Skeets in trying to sound stern.

“I know what I am doing Skeets, trust me on this.” laughed Trixie with a cocky smile on her face “I am the current leader of the Super Friends of Equestria, aren’t I not?”

Considering the Super Friends of Equestria do not exist yet, no you are not.” replied Skeets causing Trixie to glare at him.

“Nopony likes a smart flank robot Skeets!” Trixie said with a huff and Skeets gave the closest thing to a sigh it could give.

*Break*

Sinestro was thinking about which Green Lanterns to come with him on a mission the Guardians have put him on. He was thinking about may one he had trained.

Definitely not the Lantern of Sector 2814 Jordan who was reckless, irresponsible and a total idiot. He decided that the best option would be Twilight Sparkle who had the most focused mind of any cadet that he had trained.

*Break*

The next day Twilight slept for an extra two hours, she sighed as she go up and out of bed. “Morning Spike!” Twilight told Spike who was working on something.

“What are you working on Spike?” Twilight asked curiously, Spike then looked up at Twilight.

“I am hoping to send a love note to Rarity, that fashion pony we met in Ponyville.” Spike responded and Twilight remembered she had met her again the night before “I hope this appeals to her, I don’t think she would like anything that isn’t fashionable or nice!”

Twilight laughed on the inside, if only Spike knew her crush spent her nights as a tough masked vigilante.

She wondered how her new friend and ally was spending her morning.

*break*

Rarity woke up for the four hours of the day she reserved for sleep, she went down to the Mare Do Well Cave a hideout where she placed her Mare Do Well suits, gadgets, crime fighting equipment and training equipment.

She went down to find her sister Sweetie Belle in a black eye mask, a full body red suit with a black circle and letters that said in yellow ‘FBG’, yellow belt, yellow boots and a black cape.

“Sweetie Belle what are you doing here?” asked Rarity shaking her head at whatever plan her sister was doing this time.

“Getting my outfit ready for tonight!” Sweetie Belle replied with a smile, had Rarity been drinking anything she would have done a spit take.

“Pardon?” Rarity asked shocked beyond belief.

“Remember yesterday you said I was doing so good in the martial arts training you have been giving me for the past six months that you would take me with you on patrol tonight to see how it is done!” Sweetie Belle sounding really excited.

“I did say that, didn’t it...............” Rarity muttered while their servant and long time family friend Alfalfa was watching this with a smile.

“I can be called Filly-Be-Goode!” Sweetie Belle said excitedly “I might even get my Cutie Mark in crime fighting!”

*break*

Twilight then suddenly heard her door knocking and answered it to find the guard in training Flash Sentry. “Hey Flash!” greeted Twilight as she let Flash in.

“Twilight, do you want to go out again sometime?” Flash asked nervously “not as a date but as friends again......”

“Sure Flash I love to!” Twilight responded with a smile and Flash left satisfied with himself.

Then the ring on Twilight’s horn started glowing and then it said to her “TWILIGHT SPARKLE GREEN LANTERN OF SECTOR 2812, YOU ARE NEEDED ON OA FOR A MISSION!!

I am needed on a mission?” Twilight asked shocked as she transformed into her Green Lantern uniform and then started flying to Oa.

*break*

Sunset was in her hideout practicing using her ring while Slade and Stolen March were busy training possible recruits for their plan using harsh training sessions the Military would not let Slade use on cadets for the Military and Guard.

There were also other they considered recruit ing such as Lightning Dust and Shining Armor, but not until they could be sure they would be willing to fight for their cause.

“I want to you all put all of your might and concentration into it!” Slade roared to the cadets as he had them dodge and tackle the constructs Sunset was creating for them to fight.

Soon they will be ready for our new group!” Sunset said smiling with an evil laugh “Soon my Sunset Corps will be ready!

“And Equestria will have a military force it needs to be kept safe!” Slade said with a big smirk.

“We will also need to make sure they have the mind to use a ring like that Sunset!” Stolen March told Sunset and she nodded in agreement.

We will have the soldiers ready for our cause!” Sunset said with a smirk like Slade’s but with more arrogance to it.

*Break*

Twilight landed on Oa and stared a little afraid up at the huge figure of the GL’s chief drill instructor Kilowog. “Sinestro wants your help for a mission, you little Poozer!”

Twilight followed Kilowog into a building thinking “Sinestro wants my help for a mission?

Twilight was now in a room with Sinestro and a robot Green Lantern, a strange green creature Green Lantern and a Green Lantern who seemed like a grey rock creature.

“Let’s go over some introductions.” Sinestro told the four of them sternly “I am Thaal Sinestro Green Lantern of Sector 1417 and I have personally selected you four for a five Lantern mission!”

He then pointed to the rock creature and said “you may know him as Hannu the Green Lantern of Sector 2, a creature so tough he believes he doesn’t need his ring to fight evil!”

He is a Green Lantern who feels he doesn’t need his ring? That’s cool!” Twilight thought excitedly.

“This is Green Lantern of 2812, Green Man the Green Lantern from the planet Uxor a civilisation that frowns upon individuality and showed great courage in choosing to be different!” Sinestro said pointing to the green creature.

A civilisation that decides all should be the same, Twilight made a mental note to see if she can study Green Man’s race later.

“Green Lantern of Sector 3009, Stel a robotic creature that can reattach himself if badly damaged!” Sinestro said pointing to the robotic creature.

“And finally the top graduate from the last time I had the duty of training Green Lantern recruits: the Green Lantern of Sector 2812: Twilight Sparkle from Equestria a world where exists a form of energy the inhabitants call ‘Magic’!”

Twilight was deep in thought and shock, did Sinestro say she was the top graduate in her Green Lantern training? Well she was always a model student.

“I need your help on a mission to bring down a space pirate called Kanjar-Ro who has allied himself with the Manhunters.” Sinestro told them and while the other Lanterns looked around Twilight just looked confused.

“Yes Twilight?” Sinestro asked seeing that Twilight had her hoove up.

“What are these Manhunters?” Twilight asked to shocked looks from the other Lanterns except for Sinestro.

“You know of the Red Lanterns as the Guardian Ganthet told me you face against one, did you not?” asked Sinestro and Twilight nodded “It is the fault of the Manhunters, that the Red Lantern Corps exist. The Guardians had a group of robots called the Manhunters to be their peacekeeping force before the Green Lantern Corps before they went renegade on a sector, Atroctius was a survivor of the massacre the Manhunters caused and in his rage he created the Red Lantern Corps!”

Twilight felt disturbed by this as Sinestro asked “So are you in on this mission?”

I’m in! said Stel in a robotic voice.

“Me too!” Green Man then grinned excitedly.

“You can count me in as well!” Hannu said as it looked like he was shadow boxing by the wall.

Twilight looked at the other Lanterns and sighed, “I guess you can count me in as well.”

“Excellent so we had better be off!” Sinestro told the group with a smile.

*Break*

In Canterlot all things seemed fine, until.........

A horde of hydras had gotten lost from the nearest forest and were attacking the Canterlot. The ponies were running around in terror as the Royal Guard came in to try and contain the beasts.

Suddenly one of the heads of a Hydra was blasted by gold energy. The civilians looked around to see where it came from.

Suddenly Trixie had came flying into view using the golden ring on her horn which enabled her to fly.

“I am here to help you all!!” Trixie said looking at the Canterlot civilians looking at her.

*break*

In a secret hideout deep in outer space there was a humanoid creature with pink skin, a squid like face with yellow pupilless eyes, a dark blue suit and a white cape. He was holding a rod and facing several incredibly large red and silver androids.

“Okay it won’t be long before those intergalactic cops called the Green Lantern Corps come after me and the loot that I have taken!” the being called Kanjar-Ro told the androids “that is where you come in, I have found and reactivated you all so you can take care of any Green Lanterns that try and come after me! Is that Understood?”

The Androids gave a slight nod as they gave a salute with their arms. Then after that they each lifted their left arms up in the air and in unison the spoke out loud their sacred creed:

NO MAN ESCAPES THE MANHUNTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!