• ...
11
 80
 5,945

Fall of a Nightmare/ Week of Training

RECAP OF LAST CHAPTER
AS NARRATED BY PINKIE PIE
Oh, oh, oh long time ago these boring really old blue creatures discovered green willpower and made rings with them send a lot of them into the universe!!! These blue Guardians in another universe created a bunch of robots which destroyed an entire sector which led to one of the survivors founding the evil Red Lantern Corps and they would later intentionally try to destroy everyone except for them with their Third Army!!!! Yeah they are boring and big meanies!!!!
The Green Lantern Ord Mergel came to Equestria to look for Nightmare Moon but the evil enchantress who does evil dances killed him! That meanie!
So he sends for Twilight Sparkle my newest friend, then he proposes to her! HOORAY! But he dies an instant later.........AAAWWWW!!!!
So Twilight now has a fancy green ring the boring blue genocidal meanie Guardians made and that is when the chapter ended!
Now I have to go plan a party to help cheer up Twilight for losing her fiancé!

Nightmare Moon laughed as she watched the helpless citizens of Ponyville scream at the sight of her. She was enjoying the sight of ponies running to their homes. Soon they would all understand and accept that they will never see her sister or their precious sun ever again.

“Where is the Princess?” Rainbow Dash asked as she was talking to Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy “and where did that Twilight pony go?”

If only I had time to go home and change into my costume...” thought Rarity also wondering if her sister Sweetie Belle was safe.

“Can you believe it Fluttershy?” asked Pinkie looking at her yellow nervous friend “less than a month ago we finally get rescued from that island we got stranded on for five years and now some meanie has stolen the princess and the Sun!”

Nightmare Moon was still laughing when she was hit by a blast of green light. She turned and saw Twilight floating in air in her new Green Lantern uniform.

“Who is that?” Applejack wondered in awe with the other ponies on Ponyville “is that Ms Twilight?”

“So she is a hero like that Mare Do Well pony who dresses like a bat.” asks the young filly Dinky Hooves and her comment caused Rarity to huff at her.

“Who are you supposed to be, are you another one of these warriors that I killed earlier?” Nightmare Moon snarled at her new foe.

I am the new Green Lantern of Sector 2812!!” said Twilight glaring at Nightmare Moon “and I am here to put a stop to you and avenge my predecessor!

Twilight then thought really hard and another giant glowing green construct of a fist came out of her horn through her ring and knocked Nightmare Moon back again. “Incredible! The magic in this ring is allowing me to put to life whatever I think! I should need to study this later!” thought Twilight excitedly.

Nightmare Moon snarled as she shot a blast of magic from her horn. Twilight used a spell to blast some purple and green energy at Nightmare moon’s own spell, the two beams in a tug of war and Twilight’s spell was amplified by the green energy in her ring.

Nightmare Moon cackled as her magic was overpowering Twilight, Spike made himself known out in the public shouting “COME ON TWILIGHT!!!! I KNOW YOU CAN BEAT HER!!!!”

Twilight took a brief glance and saw the townsponies were cheering her on. “Can’t let Spike and everypony down....” thought Twilight seriously channelling her will into her spell and thinking of the ponies counting on her.

Nightmare Moon’s gloating smile turned into a frown as Twilight’s spell went from being overpowered to almost equal level to Nightmare Moon’s spell. It turned into a look of confusion and horror as she was now the one being overpowered.

Despite thinking these ponies are crazy......I guess I do like them........like FRIENDS!!!!” thought Twilight in her head as Twilight’s spell managed to completely overpower Nightmare Moon and send her down to the ground.

“Impossible.....” Nightmare Moon muttered in disbelief getting up and seeing the cheering ponies. Twilight’s horn glowed green and sent a spell at Nightmare Moon and she screamed........

Then suddenly a familiar Alicorn pony appeared. “Princess Celestia!” Twilight said excitedly going to her mentor as the townsponies bowed in respect.

“Like the new look Twilight.” Princess Celestia smiled as Twilight’s suit disappeared “and it seems like I have my sister back...”

Princess Luna was in the place Nightmare Moon was surrounded by the destroyed pieces of Nightmare Moon’s armour. Luna rushed to Princess Celestia and they hugged. “Sister I’m so sorry.....I missed you...........I killed a poor creature........” said Princess Luna in tears.

Twilight smiled as she watched her mentor console her sister, assuring her that her actions were not her fault.

*TS:GL2812*

Twilight and Spike was packing things up for her ride home back to Canterlot with the ponies she met in Ponyville promising to write to her, she had also packed the Green Lantern Ord had which she had retrieved from the Everfree Forest after defeating Nightmare Moon. “Perhaps when I get home I can study this ring.” Twilight wondered in her head.

Soon she got home and after putting her stuff back in her room she told the Princess and Spike of how she got the strange Green ring. “I know very little of this Green Lantern Corps my student....” Princess Celestia said in thought before the ring in question started glowing and Twilight found herself her GL uniform again.

Destination: Oa for immediate week long Green Lantern training!” the ring said as Twilight began flying out of the room screaming.

“Why can’t I go on this cool trip....” Spike muttered disappointed looking at the carpet. He was wondering if he should write a letter to that Rarity pony he met in Ponyville.

“See you in a week I guess Twilight!” chuckled Princess Celestia “Well it seemed Twilight didn’t need the Elements to free my sister, speaking of which I wonder if I can talk to Luna about this new project of mine I have been thinking about called the God Squad.....”

*TS:GL2812*

PRINCESS CELESTIA’S PERSONAL STUDENT TWILIGHT SPARKLE HAS BECOME A HERO, STOPS NIGHTMARE MOON AND FREES LONG LOST PRINCESS LUNA!!!

That was the headline of the Daily Canterlot Press the next morning. In her home Sunset Shimmer glared at the newspaper headline before levitating it and tossing it in the fire. This was supposed to be her! Her! It was so not fair!

Years ago it had been her who had been Princess Celestia’s personal student! She aced all her classes and had to endure her mentor’s boring speeches about humility and friendship.

When she began demanding what was rightfully hers Celestia became impatient with her and had the gall to expel her from the school and the castle when she was caught researching secret material!!!!

Then she learnt some purple unicorn took her place and now she was going about with some stupid magic ring Celestia probably gave her! Luckily she had a few friends allowing her to get a hold of some ancient secret books. These friends were a part of Celestia’s royal guard.

Stolen March was a brown furred and red maned Pegasus pony whose cutie mark was a pony sneaking up on another pony. He was sneaky and always looking for advantages when on duty. He had connections all around Equestria. While he had been a sergeant before when it was revealed he was calibrating with criminals he was suspended and when he returned demoted to a mere soldier. He was furious, surely the information he got helped the greater good of Equestria regardless of what deal he had to get them from and who it was he got them from.

Lieutenant Slade Eiling was a unicorn pony with a black mane and grey fur, he wore an eyepatch on his left eye due to an incident with a griffon and he had a scar close to the right of his right eye. He had enrolled in the Royal Guard two years before Twilight Sparkle’s brother Shining Armor would enrol. He had a reputation for his attack first and ask questions never attitude. He was also known as a bully to non pony species and some incidents escalated from minor to large because of him. He had several reprimands and suspensions in his record and if it wasn’t for them he would be at least a colonel with his experience and record. He hated that the Royal Guard was what he considered soft and thought if every soldier in the Royal Guard was like him there would no longer be any threats to Equestria.

With these two allies by her side Sunset Shimmer was sure she would be able to get exactly what she deserves. Twilight Sparkle will pay for taking her spot!

*TS:GL2812*

Soon Twilight then found herself on some strange planet where there were many green citadels and buildings. There were many creatures flying around in the Green Lantern uniform she was wearing. She found herself facing a giant bulky humanoid monster and a bird like creature.

“Welcome to Oa cadet for Green Lantern training.” Said the large monster “I am Kilowog and I welcome to you the worst week of your pathetic life!”

“Don’t mind him!” said the bird “I am Tomar-Re and we welcome you to our Corps! We will show you where the new recruits go!”

*TS:GL2812*

Twilight Sparkle was nervously in the crowd facing a giant green platform where Kilowog, Tomar - Re and Sinestro who Twilight could see was a man who demanded respect with just his face and posture.

“Listen up recruits to your week of training here on Oa so you can be inducted into the Green Lantern Corps!” shouted Kilowog “I am Kilowog chief drill instructor of the Green Lantern Corps and with me are Tomar-Re and Sinestro the greatest Green Lantern of them all!!! The race of immortals called the Guardians of the Galaxy assembled this Corps and entrusted us all with a ring powered by the energy of Willpower.......this week you will prove that deserve the tremendous privilege and responsibility of wearing that ring! This week we will train your dedication, your willpower and your concentration! We will make Lanterns out of you all!”

Then the Lantern recruits began going to the training areas. Sinestro began flying to Twilight. “So you are the one who has replaced Ord Mergel?” asked Sinestro and Twilight nervously nodded “I knew him, we were recruited into the Corps at the same time! He said he was going to stop an evil tyrant called Nightmare Moon, is the tyrant gone?”

Twilight nodded and Sinestro left but not before saying “make sure you prove you deserve to succeed Ord Mergel!”

*TS:GL2812*

Twilight was using a shield construct against missiles Kilowog was sending her way. “Sparkle you Poozer, you need to show concentration and will, and if you show doubt and weakness it will reflect in your constructs!” Kilowog shouted “concentrate and focus! If your mind is strong then your constructs will be strong!”

After focusing Twilight’s shield construct began losing the cracks in it. Then a yellow disc was thrown at Twilight which went passed her construct and knocked her out.

“The ring’s power is useless against the color yellow Poozer, but not a bad job.!” Kilowog laughed.

*TS:GL2812*

Twilight and the rest of the cadets were at desks looking at the paper which had the Green Lantern oath written on them. Sinestro was looking over them and said “you will all read the oath to yourselves until you are able to recite it in your sleep!”

*TS:GL2812*

Twilight was now flying in air trying to pass the asteroids that were coming her way. “You need to focus and dodge anything you see but not bad by rookie standards.” Sinestro said with a shake of his head.

*TS:GL2812*

Twilight now had her eyes closed as she was meditating with Tomar. “A Green Lantern needs to be focused which means taking time to relax.” Tomar said before continuing his humming.

*TS:GL2812*

Twilight was duelling with a fellow cadet. She had managed to knock him and his shield out with a construct of a mace. Afterwards her opponent offered a hand shake and she accepted using her right hoof.

Twilight looked and saw Kilowog, Tomar and Sinestro were smiling at her.

*TS:GL2812*

On the last day of training Kilowog was on a platform with a giant Green Lantern (which was the Central Power Battery) with Tomar, Sinestro and the Guardians of the Universe who were small blue beings in red robes. Around the platform were the Green Lantern cadets.

“You didn’t do it gracefully nor did you break any academy records but as far as me and the rest of the instructors are concerned..........you are all not completely worthless.” said Kilowog to the cadets “You are now officially Green Lanterns sworn to protect you sector and the rest of the universe! You are all free to come back at any time for extra training or to look at the library of Oa (*this got Twilight really excited*). Now use the Central Power Battery to officially induct yourselfs into the Corps by reciting the Oath!”

The cadets pointed their rings at the Central Power Battery and recited the oath:

”IN BRIGHTESY DAY, IN BLACKEST NIGHT
NO EVIL SHALL ESCAPE MY SIGHT
LET THOSE WHO WORSHIP EVIL’S MIGHT
BEWARE MY POWER
GREEN LANTERN’S LIGHT!!!

THE BEAMS FROM AL LTHE RINGS CAUSED THE Power Battery to light up and sent a blast of Green energy into the sky. The new Green Lantern academy graduates flew back home to their sector with Twilight excited to tell Spike, the Princess, her parents and her brother all about the week she just had.

AND SO THAT ENDS THE FIRST ADVENTURE OF TWILIGHT SPARKLE THE GREEN LANTERN OF SPACE SECTOR 2812!! WE WILL GO THROUGH HER MANY ADVENTURES IN THE CORPS, EVEN TEAMING UP WITH PONIES THAT SHE HAD MET DURING HER BRIEF STAY IN PONYVILLE!!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
THE END........OF THIS CHAPTER!!!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
YOU’RE STILL HERE? REALLY?
.
.
.
.
.
I HAVE TO ADMIRE YOUR PERSISTENCE
.
.
.
.
OKAY WELL HERE IS SOMETHING FOR YOUR PATIENCE
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Many years ago

Ms Smith the proprietor and owner of Sweet Apple Acres heard a sound.. she went to investigate and saw two rockets had crashed next to her barn. She opened them up to hear the sound of crying,
,
,
,
,
,
,
THERE, YOU GET A CLIFFHANGER! HAPPY NOW?