• Published 8th Nov 2013
  • 2,376 Views, 53 Comments

Night Wolfe, son of Discord - wolf smith



What if your father was the god of Chaos. What if you were an alicorn, who went against the princesses. Well that sums up Night Wolfe, son of Discord and Nightmare Moon. Everypony is shocked to see an alicorn that is evil, but one is different.

  • ...
70
 53
 2,376

A new life. Part 2

Author's Note:

One week in the making, thank you all for the support. PM me mistakes or problems. Thank you Fixed most problems

Chapter 3

A new life P.2

Night wasn't the only pony whose life has changed. Dark Gold, a pony who owned one of the biggest jewelry shops in Canterlot. Dark was a unicorn who was very good at magic, his shop was always full, till Discord took rule. Dark had it all but then he lost it all thanks to Night scaring away most of his customers, he has never seen Night before. He heard Night was very good at magic, how wrong he was. Dark’s life has gone down the drain, but all of that was about to change. That one afternoon was about to change his look on both Night and Discord.

Dark was about four foot, seven inches. He was a black unicorn with a reddish muzzle and a black and yellow mane. He always wore a cross necklace. He was very friendly and knew most of his customers. Many ponies loved his shop, because it was always full of new stuff.

“Great a new day, time to open the shop and see nopony at all,” Dark sadly said as he open the door. The shop was so dusty and nopony dared go out cause of Night walking around town.

Dark has just gotten to the back of his shop and heard the bell on his door ring, telling him someone was at the door.

A voice rang out in the shop. “Hello, is anypony here?”

Dark called back to the voice. “I'm in the back room; please give me a sec,”

As Dark exited the room he had three boxes in front of him so he couldn't see that Night has entered the shop.

“Ok let me set these boxes down and I can help you,” Dark said as he finally sat the boxes down and turn back to the counter.

“Ok then what can I get you s-s-s-s-s sir,” Dark stopped when he saw who was standing at his counter. He looked behind Night and rubbed his eyes.

“Uh...are you ok?” Night asked as he looked behind him to see who as there, but nopony was there.

“I'm fine, what can I get you, sir?” Dark finally relaxed and stepped out from behind the counter. Dark took a long look at Night. He saw how big he was compared to anypony other than Celestia. He saw his cutie mark and confusion wrote on his face.

“What's your cutie mark, sir?” Dark asked as he took Night to a display case.

“Oh that, it means my words 'cut' other ponies life in half. I'm still trying to figure it out,” Night spoke, he was still a little sleepy from last night.

“Uh…cool,” Dark was still scared of Night.

Night looked around and saw something he liked. It was a necklace that Luna has worn before, but sold it before Discord broke free.

“How much for that necklace?” Night asked has he lifted the glass at picked it up with his magic.

Dark's mouth hung open just a bit, shockingly to how Night magic was a dark-blue almost black. Yes Dark's magic was almost the same color, but Night was about two shades darker then his. Night picked up the necklace and tried it on and it was just a little too big.

“Um sir, can you fit this to me, and I'll buy it,” Night laughed a bit because of the size of the necklace.

“Yes sir, right away,” Dark took the necklace and moved to his back room.

As Dark was fixing the necklace, Night was looking around the shop. Something caught Night's eye, he moved over to the counter and saw a book. When he opened it he turn to the page that had the date before Discord broke free on it the first thing written said that Luna had sold a necklace to the shop. He took a at the description as he read over in his mind he kept thinking 'No this can't be, but maybe it just a coincidence'. Dark came back into the room and saw Night looking in the book.

“You do know this necklace was owned by Luna...right?” Dark spoke, Night jumped at this. Night looked back to Dark who rang up the necklace and put it in a box.

“So, who will this be for?” Dark asked as Night laid out 50 gold coins. “Sir this is too much, I can't” He was stopped.

“Just take the money I know how hard it must be,” Night replied. “And you don't have to box it. It's for me and I'll wear it out if you don't mind,”

“Um…ok then,” Dark said as he took the money and gave Night his necklace. “Thank you and may you come again!”

Night was fixing to exit the shop when he saw Armored walking to the shop. Armored saw Night and walked up, he saw Night wearing the same necklace Luna wore.

“Ah Night, there you are. Discord sent me to find you. He was worried about you not coming to the throne room this morning,” Armored finished. Night looked at him, by the looks of thing he had been running. It was about noon when Night returned back to the palace. As Night was fixing to enter he stopped, he turn around to Armored.

“Fuck, Armored if I give you some coins can you go get a practice dummy. It's for my father's present,” Night said as he gave the money to Armored. He trusted Armored more then any other guard, cause he was one of the few who liked Night.

“Sure thing and right away sir,” Armored replied and left.

“Night, there you are. Where were you this morning?” Discord said right before Night entered his room. Discord notices his necklace, but couldn't help but know that the necklace was Luna's. Discord mind went black, he knew if Night found out there would be no chaos there would be order. Yes if Night turned discorded he would want order and not chaos.

“I went to the jewelry shop and the owner was very nice. He gave me this,” Night replied. He saw in Discord eyes something was wrong. Discord knew Night could tell something was wrong.

“Discord what's wrong?” Night asked, this was the first time he said his father's name while talking to him.

“Nothing's wrong nothing at all,” Discord said. His eyes started spinning, but sadly to no use. Discord or Night didn't know that anything cause by the other one would work on the other. Night looked confused at first, but all that went away once he knew what Discord tried to do.

“FATHER!” Night screamed. His heart was hotter than hell, he couldn't believe Discord tried to brainwash him. “What are you trying to do...were you trying to brainwash me?”

“Son, no I'm sor” Discord was stopped. Discord could see in Night's eyes a furnace hotter then hell. Discord knew what he did as wrong, but he didn't want Night to know about the necklace. He heard from passing ponies while he was in stone that Luna had just sold a necklace to a shop. He tried to make Night forget about the necklace and who it was owned by.

“NO! Sorry won't cut it. I can't believe you tried to turn me,” Night said as he turned to his room. Right before he entered he turns back. “I hope I never see you again!”

Discord heart sank, this was his own son.

“Son, I'm” The slamming door stopped Discord. Discord may have never done this, but this was his son...his only son.

Discord was walking to his room when a guard passed by, the guard was Armored who had his present in hoof. It took Armored about five minutes to get Discord to turn around, but when he did he just shooed Armored off. Armored thought about talking to Discord, but Shining was standing outside Night's room.

“Hi Shining, is something wrong with Discord?” Armored asked as he knocked on the door. Shining stopped him before the second knock and pushed him back.

“Wait Discord is feeling blue?” Shining asked once Armored stopped and backed off from the door.

“Yep, wait don't tell me, Night is too isn’t he?” Armored ask as he sat the dummy down.

“Sadly yes, something happen and the two are mad an one another,” Shining said as Night opened the door and grab the dummy. Night was going to give to Discord, but not right now.

“Ok then, that was weird,” Both said at the same time.

Later that afternoon

“I need help, but whom,” Discord thought as he paced back and forth making a trench in the floor. It then hit him, there's only on unicorn that could help and that somepony was the same one that ran the jewelry store. Discord had heard that Dark was a very good magic user. Discord thought that Dark could teach Night some new magic and help him keep Night and himself in check. With this in mind Discord snapped his fingers and he vanished.

Back in Dark's shop he was getting ready to lock up and go home, but a bright flash stopped all of that. Dark turn to where the flash came from and he drop everything, standing in front of him was something he thought he would never see before, Discord. Dark eyes grew wide as Discord stood up from where he teleported. Dark could have guess that Discord was about seven foot tall. He heard about the different animal’s parts, but too him it was a big shock that Discord was really standing in front of him.

“ARG!” Discord screamed. Discord normal won't teleport if he had too, but it was getting dark and he had to move fast.

“D-d-d-d-discord!” Dark yelled, but found that it was useless. Dark started to run but sadly Discord just snapped his fingers and Dark stopped right in his tracks.

“Let me go, I have nothing you want!” Dark yelled. Discord snaked over and circled around Dark. Discord flew above Dark who just kept his eyes shut. Discord knew Dark was scared of him, so he used this to get Dark to listen to him.

“Please don't try to escape, I want hurt you,” Discord said as he floated down to Dark who still had his eyes shut. Discord saw his eyes shut and had to think of a different way to get to Dark. Discord looked over at the counter and saw a note. Discord snaked over to the counter and read the note.

Dark opened his eyes and saw Discord standing at the counter, reading the notice.

“HI! That's mine business,” Dark commented. “What are you doing here anyways?”

Dark tried moving but couldn't, Discord saw this and release his magical grip on Dark. Dark dropped to the ground and stood up. Discord turn around holding the note.

“Money problems?” Discord asked as he teleported to Dark and floated next to him.

“Yes, but why are you here I have nothing for you,” Dark said.

“Oh I think you do,” Discord replied. Dark turned to Discord. Discord had change forms; his new form was Night's. Dark jumped back at this, he had no idea that Discord could change forms.

“Did this alicorn come into your shop early today?” Discord asked, he knew the answer he just wants to make sure Dark knew what he was talking about.

“Yes,” Dark answered.

“Did he buy a necklace that belonged to Luna?” Discord asked, he knew this could go on forever.

“Yes, why did you want it?” Dark asked.

Discord changed so fast it made Dark's head spin a bit. Discord got so close Dark shrunk. Dark could see a burning fire in Discord eyes.

“You do know the thing between Night and Luna right?” Discord asked. Discord backed off a bit and coiled up and sat down.

“No, what is it?” Dark asked, hell he didn't believe that Discord was Night's father.

“Luna was Night's mother, more or less it was Nightmare Moon who gave birth to Night,” Discord said.

Dark face said it all, he was shocked.

“So wait Nightmare Moon is his mother. That's why he left in a hurry” Dark replied as he looked down.

“So wait are you his father?” Dark asked. As he said that Discord snaked over to him.

“Yes, let me guess, you didn't believe me when I showed everypony Night did you?” Discord asked, he wanted this to end and tell Dark what he is here for.

“Yes, sir,” Dark replied. Dark moved over to the counter and looked back to Discord. “So why are you here, answer me,”

“If I did you won't like it,” Discord said. He snaked back over to Dark and floated behind him. Dark was really getting creep out by Discord.

“Just tell me!” Dark was getting aggravated, he was ready to go home and get all of this out of his mind.

“I need help believe it or not. That necklace was owned by Luna and I don't want Night to know that he killed his own mother,” Discord started, Dark caught interest in this, Discord an all-powerful god needed help.

“Ok again why are you here?” Dark asked.

“So impatient,” Discord said shaking his head. “I tried to make Night forget about the necklace and he thought I was brainwashing him,”

“I need you to help me. I need somepony to look after Night and keep an eye on me, I don't want this to happen again,” Discord said as he stood up and bent down into Dark's face.

“Let me guess, it's me. If it is what's in it for me?” Dark commented, he backed off a bit.

“You're fast, I'll tell you what you can live with me and Night. You can sorta be my new student and help teach Night some new magic, he's not very good,” Discord finished, Dark's eyes grew wide.

“What!” Dark yelled and backed off. “You're joking right?”

“Well unless you want to starve and have no home, I would come with me if I were you,” Discord spoke. Discord was right, Dark's shop was going out of business, with nopony coming to buy something he had no money to pay for the shop. Even all that money Night gave him wasn't enough.

“I don't know, how can I trust you?” Dark asked, he was right how can anypony trust the god of chaos?

“My son and I had an argument before I came here, I don't think I could lie right now.” Discord replied. “Beside you get to live with the new ruler and his son, what more could you want?”

“Fine, but I will rebel if you had just lied to me,” Dark said. Discord smiled and teleported them both to the dining room of the castle. Armored jumped at this, he was passing through the dinning room to get to the throne room to see if Discord was there.

“Ah Armored, meet” Discord was stopped.

“Discord, Night has disappeared!” Armored looked down as he said that. It was about an hour after the argument that Night had vanished.

“WHAT!” Discord screamed, he couldn't believe his ears. Discord knew this was all his fault, he should have told Night about Luna and Nightmare moon.

“Fuck, I should have told him about Luna, this is all my fault,” Discord cried. “Did he leave a note or something?”

“Yes, he left you a present,” Armored replied.

“I don't care where is Night!” Discord screamed again.

“We don't know, he just....left, he's not in his room and no guard saw him leave,” Armored replied.

“We must find him,” Discord turned, it wasn't him who said that it was Dark.

While the group was out trying to find Night, Night was walking into the Everfree forest. Night was so mad, but also sad, he couldn't believe he yelled at his own father. The only way he got out of his room without being spotted was to hide in the shadow, but sadly this came at a price. Night use all of his energy to get out that he had no magical power left. It was only a day till Hearth Warming eve, so Cloudsdale called in for a snow storm and Night got stuck in it.

Night had no cloth or anything to keep him warm and he couldn't fly do to the cold. Night only had one place he could go, his old home. It took Night about ten minutes to finally get back to his old home. When he walked in the first place he went was the fireplace. He tried to light the fire with his horn, but to no avail. Night had no magic in him, he thought about the matches in his nightstand and hoped they still worked after all this time.

Discord looked everywhere in Canterlot, but nopony knew where Night was. Finally Dark came up with an idea.

“Discord, didn't Night have a different home?” Dark finally spoke after what all that happen.

It took Discord a few seconds to finally speak. “Right the...Everfree Forest,”

“Wow, Night sure did have a life. He lived in the Everfree Forest,” Dark replied, right as soon he finished it started snowing. Dark, Armored and Discord looked up and frowned.

“I think the only way Night could get out without being seen is...hiding in the shadows. He got that power from Nightmare and is the only magic he's going to use to get out, well besides normal magic,” Discord said as they started their walk to the Everfree Forest.

After three matches the fire finally lite. Night wasn't cold, but the house had no gas going to it and no power so thank god he had this fireplace. Night went to his old cabinet and found an old can of soup. It flipped it over and read the date, thankfully it was still good. Night opened it with a manual can opener and put it in a pot. Again with no gas for cooking he put it near the fire and let it heat up.

“Discord, please tell me you can fly over this forest and find the house,” Dark commented. Discord looked down and looked back up shaking his head.

“With this snow I would freeze in the air,” Discord replied, Armored was ready to go through the forest, but Dark wasn't.

“Yea I think I'll..URG” Dark was stopped. Armored grab him a pulled him while Discord and Armored tried to find Night's old home. After about 20 minutes of walking Discord could see a light.

Night was just about to start to eat the soup, which to him made his day. Night hadn't eaten all day and was very hungry. Night was about halfway through his soup when there was a knock at the door. Night jumped at this, who would be out here in this snow? Night got up and opened the door, there stood the shop owner, Armored, and a sadden draconequus.

Night aloud Dark and Armored to entered, but stopped Discord.

“Tell me one reason I should let you in and not make you stay out here in this cold,” Night commented. Dark turned back, he now saw what Discord meant.

“Night let him in, he has something he has to say,” Dark said. Armored was near the fire getting warm.

“Son, I'm sorry for early, it just.....I wanted that necklace,” Discord spat out. Dark facehoofed, he knew what Discord should have said.

“Well I'll let you in, but you're on thin ice,” Night said as Discord entered the house. Dark walked over to Discord.

“What are you trying to do?” Dark whispered. “If Night finds out you're doomed,”

“It's better from him to find out, than it is for me to tell him,” Discord replied.

Discord looked around, Night old home has been left for just a few days and it's already dusty. Discord knew Night probably didn't want to stay.

“How about we all go home, Dark, I got the perfect room for you,” Discord commented and the room was Night's old room when he first took over. Night looked at Discord, 'what was he talking about' Night thought.

“Discord, what do you mean?” Night asked as he took a seat.

After about an hour of explaining things to Night, Discord finally teleported everypony back to the castle. Back in the castle Night went straight to his room, he was still mad at Discord. Discord showed Dark to his new room, it wasn't much but was enough for Dark.

“So this is where I will be staying,” Dark said as he opened the door and saw a very good looking room. Good size bed and almost everything Night had.

“You will start training Night in two days, good luck,” Discord said as he teleported to his room.

“He's a blank flank,” Discord said as he stepped into his room and saw the present Night got him. Discord smiled, at least Night still cared for him.

Back in Night's room, Night was fixing to lay down. He took off the necklace and laid it on his night stand, what would come to him in his sleep would change his whole life. Night normally didn't dream or just didn't remember them, this one he would and it wouldn't be the last.

In one of Night’s dream, Night was walking through a dark forest on a path, Night didn't care where he was going. Night jumped, something spread the leaves in front of him, but there was no wind. Night tried to light his horn, but to no good. Something or somepony was draining all the magic. Night kept walking for about ten more minutes and was stopped by a site he thought he would never see.

In front of Night was somepony who thought Night would turn to good not evil, that pony was Luna. Night stood there stiff and just kept his eyes trained on the once dead Luna, but how?

“Night, nice to see you,” She spoke, Night's ears twitched. She moved closer, Night couldn't back up. He couldn't move a leg at all.

“B-b-b-but you're dead,” Night stuttered. “How are you here and what do you want,”

“Yes, I am dead, but that necklace hold some of my magic, so that's why I am here,” Luna replied, she got even closer.

“What I want is to know....why,” Luna voice grew angrier. “Why did you kill me!?”

“Well....I had to make a good impression on Discord, so we could take over,” Night thought a minute, what does this mean?

“Night, did Discord tell you let?” Luna's voice grew softer.

“Tell me what?” Night asked, this is getting strange, 'and why can't I wake up' he thought.

“Ah...Discord why must you hide this soul and why not tell him the truth?” Luna spoke. “There will be a book on your nightstand when you wake up....read it,”

Back in the real world, Dark was fixing to lay down, but something kept him up. What will Discord do if Night found out about Luna? Dark finally fell asleep and everypony was. Discord was the only one up, he thought the same thing as Dark.

“It's best for him to find out,” Discord said as he fell asleep. Night had just gotten out of that nightmarish dream, but was still asleep. His necklace glowed bright, but then faded. That necklace did have some of Luna's magic in it. Night had just woken up and saw the necklace glow.

“What was that all about, how did...” Night stopped. “What does she mean, did Discord tell me what?” Night said and took the necklace and put on his desk far away from him. He looked outside and saw no bat ponies out; He wouldn't blame them it was almost 20 degrees outside.

Night finally went back to his bed and started falling back asleep, still scared about the whole thing with Luna, he looked back over on his nightstand and saw the book Luna was talking about.

“Next time I wake up I'm reading that,” He said to himself and fell asleep.