• Published 5th Nov 2013
  • 5,546 Views, 25 Comments

Blueblood Humiliates Himself - Queen Constella



Prince Blueblood annoys ponies everywhere. He has attended interviews on new topics, this is one of them, and an interesting week of his.

  • ...
2
 25
 5,546

Blueblood Finds Out

Prince Blueblood rose from his four poster bed. His aunt had done a lovely job on this morning. He yawned and stretched and sluggishly arose from his mahogany four poster bed. Cantering down the oaken stairs in his mansion he glanced out a window to see ponies walking to work and other places. He sat in his beloved breakfast nook and took a good long sip of his artisan specialty coffee blend as he picked up a copy of that morning's Canterlot Times. He began to read the main article about Twilight Sparkle had become an alicorn? He spit out a mouth full of coffee and called for his carriage, this would take a very long talk with Celestia to sort out.

He galloped to his carriage 20 feet away, in that 20 feet he tripped over, two statues, three flowerpots and a patch of petunias. Sitting in his carriage, he commanded his driver to head to the palace.
Blueblood barged into his aunts' breakfast nook, where Celestia, Luna, Cadenza and Twilight were having a nice little conversation over breakfast. They all stopped to stare at him.
"Blueblood?” Celestia gently asked. "Why did you barge in here? I do not hear petitioners till 9:00 and it is barely 8:30."

"Auntie Tia", Blueblood began, "How could you disrupt the order of the family! Why did not ask me to become an alicorn before you asked that peasant swill to become an alicorn?!"
Cadence and Luna took stances that resembled some very, very, very enraged alicorns. Twilight looked like she was about to bolt.
"How dare thee?” Luna shouted in the Royal Canterlot Voice. "Who are you to question your immortal divine ruler's decisions?"
Blueblood proving that without a doubt he was an idiot, a royal idiot, but still an idiot. He shouted at Luna, "Step aside Nightmare scum and let me speak to the one TRUE ruler!” He glanced disdainfully at Cadence, Twilight and Luna. "So, we have the princes of blind love, stupidity and usurping." "So, Auntie TiAhh", he said casually after insulting three ruling princesses. His last syllable cut short after his "Auntie Tia" hoofed him across the face and glared at him.
"Get out", she glared. "You are banned from the palace until further information, and you are not to come into any contact with any of us without dire consequences."
Blueblood was then dragged from the room, and thrown out of the front gate of the palace. "And stay away!” one of the guard-ponies yelled.

He angrily trotted away from the palace and into an upper class café where he was greeted by a host who ushered him to a table and took his order. As Blueblood ate his strawberry parfait dejectedly, a stallion walked up to his table and asked, "Aren't you Prince Blueblood?"

Blueblood replied, "Yes. And you are?"

"Name's Press, Good Press", the stallion replied. "I am a publicist. And you my friend seem like you need a good one. I keep tabs on stories about the royal family. I've gotten a bunch on Princess Luna, Celestia, Cadence and the new one Twilight, but I haven't heard anything on you in a while. Why is that?"

"Ever since the last Gala, no pony has wanted to write any on me except to criticize me", Blueblood admitted.

"Well, if you want to get back into the spotlight sometime, stop by my agency and ask for me", and with that Good Press got up handed Blueblood his business card, bowed and walked away.

Blueblood found himself walking to Press' office through the business district of Canterlot. He stopped at a building that was white brick with an inviting glass door inscribed with the words, "Pressing Matters, Good Press and Co.", he then walked up a flight of stairs and waited for the secretary to finish her phone call. When she finished he asked to speak with Mr. Press, she pointed him towards an office with a frosted glass door. Blueblood knocked.
"Come on in!” Good Press' cheerful voice called. Blueblood sat in a chair opposite him and grimaced. "Well", Press said, "You made your choice fast".

"Yeah, I decided that, the public needs to hear from me more", Blueblood said. "Will you be my publicist?"

Press pushed a sheet across his desk and said, "This is the contact, once you sign I am the official publicist for his majesty Prince Blueblood".
Blueblood took the quill and signed with flourish on the dotted line. He would now begin to take his revenge on his cousin, aunts and other. "So what should I do first to begin receiving attention?" He attentively asked.
Press pushed pristinely across the desk top a list of talk shows popular in Equestria:
"Canterlot Chatter,
Good Morning Equestria,

The Inquirer Live!

The Detail Report,

Manehattan Today."

Blueblood read over the sheet, and picked one close to home. "Press, I'll do Canterlot Chatter. For my first interview on the radio show where should I go?"

"Go to the Canterlot Media Towers at 22 Newsworthy Drive. Then go to the 5th floor and the Radio interview offices." Press smiled at him. "I'll send you a letter in a few days for when you should go. The interview should be by next Friday"
Blueblood then rose, thanked him and exited the office. He trotted from the building to his waiting carriage that would take him to his tailor. After all, in a week he would be famous again.

Three Days later…

Blueblood trotted downstairs to check the mail. He had just finished sorting out what outfit he would wear for the next Baltimare Ball. He walked out to his mail box at exactly 11:45 just to see that wall eyed klutz, Derpy thrust his mail in his face and continue on her route. He was about to yell at her when a scroll with Good Press’ seal caught his eye. Rushing back inside after tripping over his welcome mat, he threw the rest of the mail on the dining room table and ran for his study. Levitating the scroll up he read through it when the date caught his eye, set for next Friday at 5:00pm. Blueblood then ran from his study up the stairs, down the hall, past the picture of great-grandfather Scarlet-Blood, who his grandfather Naval-Blood and himself and his father Noble-Blood had been named for. Finally arriving in his room and throwing open his walk in closet doors so that he could select his outfit.

Feeling happy with the news, Blueblood decided to go out to open classical night at the very exclusive Amphitheater Restaurant. Arriving at 354 Athens Court, he straightened his tuxedo and stepped out of the carriage to walk in with the rest of the ponies heading in. He waved at Fancy-Pants, Hoity-Toity, and Upper Crust on his way in. Passing by Fleur-de-Lis and Sapphire Shores who were discussing the latest Canterlot trends. He walked through the expansive restaurant gathering glances as he went.

“Waiter”, he said with an air of supremacy, “I will have the Apple-Pineapple fruit cocktail, with the soup-du-jour, and the pecan-vanilla crème brûlée”. Once his drink was delivered he took a sip and nearly spit out the cocktail. He called for a waiter, “My good stallion. Where did you get these apples?” The other patrons watched him wondering what the fuss was about.
The waiter smiled and said, “Sir, our apples only come from 100% organic…”, Blueblood nodded swirling his drink, “Ponyville apples.” He finished proudly. A few patrons nodded at the us of pure organic apples. Blueblood frowned angrily.

“I will not eat any peasant food! I believe I would prefer the Orange-Mango fruit cocktail instead, YOU INCOMPITENT FOOL!” The waiter visibly shaken cantered off to fill his order. Fancy Pants trotted over too his table after watching the Prince’s shouting at the poor waiter. He using his magic pulled the extra chair out from where it was tucked in and sat down. “What do you want Fancy?” Blueblood irritably asked.
“I want to know what that was all about. Was that still how you feel about the last Grand Galloping Gala?” Fancy Pants asked. “You see very tense and not at all relaxed. Especially since rumor has it, you’re going on Canterlot Chatter. You know Fleur and I were on there a few weeks ago discussing our next career moves.”
Blueblood swirled his spoon magically through his just served soup. “Fancy, I just… Feel ready to step back into the spotlight. I mean I’ve not done an interview with anything since months before my cousin’s wedding. You know.” (Cousin is a very loose term for Cadence and Blueblood) Fancy Pants nodded understandingly. The longest Fancy had been out it like Blueblood was three years. Fancy rose and walked back to his table where Fleur was waiting. Blueblood finished his meal, paid and left just as Lyra Heartstrings had finished playing her first song on her lyre. Arriving home Blueblood knew that he would have to find a way to keep busy for the next few days until his interview.

The Next Friday at 4:45pm…

Blueblood strode into the recording offices of Canterlot Chatter, ready for his interview with Small Talk, beloved radio interviewer. He checked his reflection one last time on a window. He readied himself as he prepared for the live radio interview in front of a live audience. The host Small Talk was sitting in a comfy sitting chair and motioned for Blueblood to join him. Blueblood sat down and waved a hoof to the crowd. "So?" Talk asked, "What made you want back into the spotlight, your highness?"
Blueblood looked over at him and said, "You do not need to call me your highness during the interview." Talk nodded. "I wanted back in because, I didn't want to be forgotten. You know, I haven't done anything like this since before Cadence's wedding."
Small Talk nodded, "Now that we are on the subject of Princess Mi Amore Cadenza's wedding of the century. I just have to know. What is your opinion on this?"
Blueblood confidently spoke," I should be happy for her but..."
Small Talk leaned in, "But?"
Blueblood continued, “I just can't believe who she married! Some peasant who just happens to be captain of the royal guard. She should be marrying a noble or a Griffin prince, a Zebra king or a Prench noble but not a peasant! Certainly not for true love! She should be marrying for land, wealth, an heir to the throne, but not true love! Out of the worst possible things that could happen this IS. THE. WORST. POSSIBLE. THING!"
Small Talk glanced over at the recorder pony, "All right folks, let’s take a break and maybe get some of Blueblood's plans for the future up next on Canterlot Chatter!"
Turning to Blueblood after the broadcasting light turned off, he asked him, "What the hay was that?"

"My opinion", Blueblood smugly stated.
"Listen, I want more viewers on my show. Not being shunned because I interviewed you and you just happen to hate Prince Shining Armor. Okay?"
"More like his whole family", Blueblood muttered under his breath.
After several more commercial breaks, and topics the interview was over. Blueblood got up shook hooves with Talk waved to the crowd and left. Fans booing behind him.
The next day Blueblood was walking through Canterlot square window shopping for the newest stallion trends, when he bumped into some pony. “Watch where you’re going peasant or I will throw you in the dungeons and have you executed for getting in my way”, he snarled.
“Hey!” a deep voice answered. “That’s my sister you’re talking to!”
“And my protégé”, a warmer voice added with a hint of malice.

Blueblood looked up and his jaw dropped. There standing in front of him were Princess Twilight Sparkle, Princess Celestia, Prince Shining Armor and a squad of guards. A perfect family outing.
Blueblood nervously backed away, and ran. Celestia put out a hoof to stop the guards from chasing him down. “Let him go, after all this will be in the news tomorrow”. She added, glancing over at the press reporters, taking pictures of the whole ordeal.

Author's Note:

Yay! First Chapter Done, and over 2,000 words too. My original goal was 1,200 words but I just could not stop writing. I may abandon this story, or give it another chapter. I'll probably give it another chapter or two. Next up in Blueblood Humiliates Himself, the story is out. What will happen to Blueblood? I also may include Rarity in an upcoming chapter. So all in all, MY FIRST CHAPTER EVER IS DONE!!!!