• Published 26th Oct 2013
  • 4,625 Views, 157 Comments

The Bismarck - cellum95



The German Battleship, with her escort Heavy Cruiser, is sailing across the Equestrian Sea!

  • ...
32
 157
 4,625

First Contact

Ironwit has been in the Equestrian Navy for 5 years, being captain of 5 ships in the time of wooden ships. The Canterlot was his 6th ship to be captain. His awards were just the Navy Cross Class III and II. He always had dreams of becoming a hero, but he knew it was in the future. He stops just 15 yards in front of the EQN Canterlot, and smiled on the beautiful ship.

The Canterlot was deployed 5 times, defending 60 merchant ships from danger. Her last encounter was yesterday, when 5 merchant ships were defended by her from pirates, who wanted nothing more than recognition to their worsening poverty. Her catapult firing system, although slow, was effective towards wooden ships, particularly used by the pony pirates. Today, however, was different. She will be deployed and intercept 2 ships that suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

Ironwit smiled on the fact that it was the first deployment of the Canterlot towards enemy ships, but was also worried. These ships appeared out of nowhere, and was uncertain about the ships and her crews faith. But nothing matters now. He must accomplish a task given by him none other than the royal princess. He blows out his whistle, and the crew was assembled.

"Gentlecolts, today is one of the significant chapters of our ship. Today is our first ever deployment against a ship. But their is actually 2 ships that must be intercepted, and I don't know what is our faith. But if it's pirates, then it's our duty to stop them. Any questions?" he said. No hoofs where raised. He smiled.

"Okay boys, let's get moving!" The crew members darted to their posts in the ship, with the captain in the bridge. The ship moves out from the harbor, greeted by ponies, to hear it's great heroism in the mission. Little did they know, though, that these 2 ships are like the ship, but deadlier and better-armed.

-Kriegsmarine-

The Bismarck and Prinz Eugen sailed mightily upon uncharted waters, but the crew were not relaxing. They are in constant watch of danger, with spotters searching for any ships that doesn't bear the Kriegsmarine Flag. The Captain and the Admiral were also looking out for any signs of danger.

"Kapitän, sie sind trotzen?(Captain, are you brave?)" the Admiral asked.

"Natürlich!(Of course!)" the Captain beamed in pride. "Die Kriegsmarine ist trotzen!(The Kriegsmarine is brave!)". Of course, the Kriegsmarine is brave, even through worst condition. They are willing to fight to the death, even through the harsh options. The Admiral smiled to the fact, but a sailor comes up to the bridge and said:

"Kapitän, wir haben kontaktieren.(Captain, we have contact.)"

"Wo? Was ist die stelle?(Where? What is the location?)"

"Die kontaktieren 15 nautische meilen nördlich westen von hier.(The contact 15 nautical miles north west from here.)"

"Identifizierung?(Identification?)"

"Negativen.(Negative.)"

"Noch identifizieren die kontaktieren.(Still identify the contact.)"

"Ja Kapitän.(Yes Captain.)" The sailor then leaves the bridge, but then a sailor notify him, saying:

"Kapitän! Kontaktieren gefunden.(Captain! Contact found.)" The Captain and Admiral took their binoculars and search the horizon from the sailors view, and sure enough, an ironclad has been found. It was actually a Dreadnought type, but with a catapult instead of guns. The Captain wondered for a moment, before moving to give an order.

"Benachrichtigung! Kontaktieren gefunden! Bereit für handlung.(Alert! Contact found! Ready for action.)" The ships action alarm blares around the ship, and the German crews darted for their stations. The contact was enough for 'all-bear' action, and the guns turns towards their targets. The crew waited for an order, and as a cue, the Captain ordered Turret 1 with the order:

"Feuer!(Fire!)" Turret 1 fires it's first shell on an unidentified and unknown ship, narrowly missing the Dreadnought type ship.

-Canterlot-

The Canterlot sails for it's intended targets, potentially stopping them from raiding the merchant ships. The crew was relaxed, thinking it's like a walk in the park. In the bridge, Ironwit and a few sailors were on a look-out for their targets, to stop their raids once and for all. Ironwit was holding his binoculars when a sailor notified him.

"Captain, I spotted some ships, 15 nautical miles north-east from here." The captain looked at that direction, and on the horizon, 2 ships were spotted. The captain never saw these kind of ships. The ships were made out of metal, much like the Canterlot herself, with an iron-grey color. 4 'turtle shells' were also identified, 2 each on the bow and stern. On them where 'sticks' sticking out of them.

'What are those ships?' Ironwit wondered. Then, the 'turtle shells' began to move, and to his utter shock, it was pointing at his ship. He began to wonder what is their purpose, and found his answer and one of 'turtle shells' fired something that is beyond Equestria could have. Moments later, a splash was heard, and the Captain saw a column of water near his ship.

"Ready the catapult! We shall return fire." The sailors did what the Captain ordered them, and the catapult was being turned to the ships direction. But the sailors wasn't expecting loud bangs from their targets, with catastrophic results.

Author's Note:

Well First Contact is out! The Mighty Bismarck fired it's shots of war! Notify me if you could for some good measures and some errors.