• Published 27th Oct 2013
  • 12,569 Views, 201 Comments

They grow up so fast "literally" - zootxjanice



When Twilight accidentally transforms Spike into a 16 year old dragon, she's not sure if she wants the original one back.

  • ...
33
 201
 12,569

Advice from friends

Spike was walking through the drying roads of Ponyville ignoring the greetings from various citizens. He must have walked farther than he thought because he came out of his thoughts to find he was walking through a trail in Sweet apple acres. He then met up with Applejack who was leaning on a fence with Pinkie pie.

"Hey guys." Spike greeted to the two mares.

"Oh howdy Spike!" Applejack greeted with a tip of her hat.

"What are you guys doing?" Spike asked leaning on the fence Pinkie pie was sitting on.

"Just watching this gloooorious sunset! So, how's Twilight feeling?" Pinkie asked Spike who widened his eyes at the mention of her name.

"Uh fine, she's...fine." Spike said twiddling his thumbs. Applejack and Pinkie pie shared a confused glance.

"Well, ain't that a good thing?" Applejack asked.

"Yeah, it's just, I saw Twilight doing something I don't know how to explain." Spike said hesitantly.

"Well what was it? Come on, tell your Auntie Pinkie pie." Pinkie said wrapping an arm around Spike's shoulder. He sighed, not having the heart to tell her he was two years older than her.

"Well, I'd kinda rather tell Applejack, if that's okay." Spike said before Pinkie pie drove her head into the dirt, oddly enough for some reason.

"So what's goin on sugarcube?" Applejack asked sitting on the fence. Spike took a deep breath.

~ FIVE MINUTES LATER~

"So by this point I walked out of the library after leaving her a note, and came all the way over here." Spike finished with a heavy sigh. Applejack was just speechless with wide eyes.

"Um, okay I think I'm gonna faint." Applejack said putting a hand up to her forehead.

"I don't even know what I'm gonna do. I don't even think I can go back to the library." It was that denial that made Pinkie pie pull her head from out the dirt.

"Then we have a new member for our sleepover!" Pinkie pie announced with a few specks of dirt lodged in her curls.

"Wait, what sleepover?" Spike asked.

"Oh she's just talking about the slumber party she's having at Sugarcube corner." Applejack explained trying to keep her cool.

"Yeah! Along with Applejack, I invited Rainbow dash and Fluttershy! Originally I had planned to invite Twilight and Rarity, but then Applejack remembered her last experience with her at a sleepover, and Rainbow dash thought Twilight would just bring the boring by bringing some boring books over, and me and Fluttershy went like." Pinkie pie nodded her head up and down. "So, you in?" Pinkie pie asked with a wide smile.

"Uh you know I'd love to take part but..." Spike paused from the sight of Pinkie looking like she was about to be in tears. Spike closed his eyes and sighed, "Fine." Pinkie then jumped up to wrap her arms around his neck in a tight hug. Applejack chuckled with her arms crossed.

"Alright we should go over to the Library and ask if it's okay..." Applejack paused at the sight of Spike looking like he was about to be in tears. Applejack closed her eyes and sighed, "Fine I'll go over and ask if it's okay." Spike then ran to wrap his arms around her waist and pick her up in a tight hug.

"Yay let's go!" Pinkie pie shouted as Spike ran with her out of Sweet apple acres. Applejack rolled her eyes and walked behind them. Back in the Library Twilight was waking up slowly. She slowly walked over to the light switch and turned the lights on. She noticed that a note was sitting next to her spot she slept in. She picked it up and read,

"Dear Twilight, I'm probably still out if you're reading this. I'm not sure when I'll be back, because I'm thinking about things. Little tip, you might wanna clean yourself up. ~Spike." Twilight was confused.

"That's weird. Clean myself up from wha...?" Twilight thought as she felt a wet spot between her legs, she put two fingers across the spot and took a suspicious smell. "Hmm that's peculiar. That smells a lot like...oh no! I must have been sleep clopping! And Spike must have heard me! Oh geez, what if he never comes back?! What else can happen?!" Twilight yelled as the front door of the Library creaked open.

"Twilight? Are you in here sugarcube?" Came a voice that was clearly Applejack's.

"Um yeah I'm in the living room AJ!" Twilight yelled as she covered the spot where she was sleeping with her blanket. Applejack soon found her way in the room.

"Uh I hope I'm not interruptin but can we talk mare to mare?" Applejack asked taking off her hat.

"Of course. Please sit down." Twilight motioned to in front of the fireplace.

"Well first off, Pinkie pie was wonderin if Spike could co..."

"Spike?! Oh my gosh! Is he okay?!" Twilight asked frantically.

"He's alright, in fact he's kinda what I wanted to talk to you about." Twilight was taken back by this.

"Oh, he must have told you didn't he?" Twilight asked lowering her head.

"I'm afraid so darlin." Applejack said putting a hand on Twilight's shoulder.

"Oh man Spike's never gonna look at me again!" Twilight sobbed into her hands.

"Twilight you and I both know that's not true. He just needs some time to think is all." Twilight looked up with slight tears streaming down fer face. "Listen, I'm not one to judge, but it sounds like this...cloppin in your sleep might be caused by something. Was anypony else in the dream?" Applejack asked.

"Well, Spike was the only one there besides me." Twilight said wiping a tear from her cheek.

"Okay so the dream was about Spike, we've established that. Now can you think of anything specific that you may have said out loud?" Applejack asked sternly.

"Well, I may have told him I...loved him?" Twilight said sheepishly.

"Well shucks! That must be what caused it. You have a crush on SpiMNPH!" Applejack's muzzle was covered.

"No! Don't you dare say it out loud!" Twilight yelled. Applejack pulled her hands away from her muzzle.

"C'mon now, why would you be cloppin over him if you didn't?" Applejack asked

"Are you saying that I'm in love with...Spike?" Applejack nodded her head.

"It's highly possible, I mean you two are really close." Applejack pointed out.

"I'd almost hate to say it, but you may be right." Twilight said giving in.

"How are you gonna break it to him?" Twilight snapped out of her thoughts.

"I don't know, but please don't tell him about this. Just tell him that he can stay at Pinkie pie's tonight."

"Alright, mah lips are sealed, I'd better get back to them, I'll see ya tomorrow ya hear? Oh and Twilight?" Twilight looked up. "You may wanna clean yourself up there." Applejack left smirking as she put her hat back on. Twilight just dropped on her side. Back at Sugarcube corner, Rainbow dash and Fluttershy had just arrived.

"Yo Pinkie! We're here!" Rainbow dash announced.

"Dashie!" Pinkie jumped from behind the counter to hug her rainbow haired friend. "Flutters!" She yelled hugging Fluttershy next.

"Where do we put our sleeping bags? I mean, if we're allowed put them in here that is." Fluttershy asked meekly.

"Yeah of course! C'mon let's go up to my room." Pinkie pie said hopping to the stairs.

"So you sure the Cakes are cool with this?" Rainbow dash asked.

"Yep, them and the kids are out of town for the month, something about a family vacation!" Pinkie pie said hopping up the steps. She opened her bedroom door to see Spike was feeding Gummy.

"Oh hey Spike! What's up?" Rainbow dash asked.

"Just feeding Gummy, hope you don't mind Pinkie pie, he was hungry." Spike suddenly received an attack hug from the affectionate mare.

"Aw you're such a sweetie!" Pinkie pie said pushing Spike's head into her chest. "Hope you don't mind girls, I asked him to join us."

"Oh it's cool, but uh, I think Spike's having some trouble breathing there." Rainbow dash said referring to Spike struggling to get out of his position. Pinkie pie looked down.

"Whoops!" She said before letting go.

"Oh man it smelled like taffy in there." Spike said between breaths.

"That's because I keep taffy in my bra!" Pinkie pie said before pulling a piece out of her blue tanktop. Applejack had just walked in with her sleeping bag.

"Howdy ya'll! Ooh, taffy!" Applejack said taking the piece that was in Pinkie pie's hand. Rainbow dash was laughing uncontrollably as she ate it.

"Okay okay, I'm gonna go change into my PJ's real quick, be right back everypony!" Rainbow dash said before leaving the room.

"I'm gonna go change too." Fluttershy said also exiting the room.

"Be back in a flash!" Pinkie pie said hopping into her bathroom. Applejack and Spike were left.

"Hey so, you okay?" Applejack asked him.

"Yeah, a night away from Twilight just might help. She probably needs a night away from me too." Spike said looking down.

"Well, I should probably let you know that, she cares about you, and she hoped she didn't hurt you." Applejack said putting a hand on his shoulder. Spike looked up at her smiling.

"You're the best Applejack." Spike said warmly.

"Aw come here dragon boy." Applejack said pulling him into a hug. Rainbow dash flew in wearing a purple T-shirt with yellow shorts.

"Wow you just can't keep your claws off anypony can you?" Rainbow dash asked smugly. This made Spike jokingly throw a pillow rather hard at her face. Rainbow had an unamused look after it slid off her face. "Ohohoho! Now you're dead." She picked up the pillow and threw it right back, harder. Pinkie pie hopped out of the bathroom in her smile exercise suit.

"Pillow fight!" Pinkie pie shouted as she jumped on her bed and threw a pillow at Applejack causing her to fall off the bed. She slowly pulled a coil of rope out of her hat, and swung it around to make a lasso. Pinkie saw what was coming and tried to run but got roped around the waist instead. She quickly got pulled face to face with Applejack who was giving her a glare.

"Now what was that you were sayin earlier?" Applejack asked sternly.

"I don't know." Pinkie pie answered shakily. Applejack slowly raised a pillow.

"Pillow fight." Applejack said before hitting Pinkie pie's head lightly with it. Spike suddenly let out a laugh.

"Oh man that was hilarious! I mean Pinkie was all like 'eek!' and Applejack was like 'grr!' Oh that was a riot!" Suddenly three pillows were thrown knocking him on the floor. Fluttershy walked in wearing a pair of long, green, pajamas.

"Oh my. I must have been in there longer than I thought." The others just let out a chuckle.

"Okay, besides assaulting me with pillows, what else does Pinkie pie have planned?" Spike asked picking feathers out of his scales.

"Well, I thought we'd pass the time with a little round of truth or dare." Pinkie pie said squinting her eyes.

"Oh, awesome! I am the queen of truth or dare!" Rainbow dash said rubbing a fist against her chest.

"Well that sounds like a mighty bold claim." Applejack said with a smirk.

"What's that?" Rainbow dash asked raising an eyebrow.

"You heard me. Ain't no way you can last longer that me." Applejack said smugly, causing a couple of "ooooh's" from Spike and Pinkie pie.

"How do you figure rodeo fan?" Rainbow dash asked.

"Please, I grew up on a farm. There ain't nothin I'm afraid of confessin to or doin." Applejack said folding her arms.

"Is that right? Then I'm going first, Applejack, truth or dare?" Rainbow dash asked with a devilish smile.

"Eh what the hay? Truth." Rainbow dash thought for a moment.

"Have you ever thought about kissing another mare?" Rainbow dash asked leaning in her direction. Applejack along with the rest of the gang had wide eyes.

"Well...I may have thought about it once or twice, but I'm no fillyfooler, so don't go spreadin that around." Applejack said stroking her ponytail.

"Aw no way! Who was it?!" Rainbow dash asked eagerly.

"Sorry, you didn't ask me that, so I don't have to answer now do I?" Applejack asked slyly.

"Doh, I hate it when you're right." Rainbow dash huffed crossing her arms.

"Alright pinkie pie, truth or dare?" Applejack asked her friend.

"Hmmm, how about dare? I'm feelings adventurous!" Pinkie pie said fidgeting in her seat.

"I dare you to put a leg behind your head." Pinkie pie's smile slowly faded.

"Aw come on AJ, how about making it more interesting?" Pinkie pie pleaded.

"Um, I don't know, two legs?" Applejack asked with a shrug.

"Now that's more interesting!" Pinkie pie said before pulling one of her legs behind her hair. This got her friends staring with interest, and Fluttershy averting her gaze. Pinkie pie let out an exhale after putting her other leg behind her head. "There we go, good thing I'm wearing my workout clothes! So Spike, truth or dare?"

"Uh t,truth?" Spike answered hesitantly, there was no way he was getting a dare from Pinkie pie.

"Awwww! Fine, let's see. Who's prettier, Rainbow dash or Fluttershy?" Spike suddenly widened his eyes.

"Well, we're waiting." Rainbow dash said unpatiently.

"It's okay if you can't choose." Fluttershy said assuringly. Spike could hardly think with the staring from Pinkie pie. After a couple of seconds he let out a deep sigh.

"Fluttershy." Spike's answer caused an uncontrollable laugh from Applejack, due to Rainbow dash's reaction.

"Fine, I see how it is!" Rainbow dash said lifting her head in a huff.

"Rainbow it's not like that. Fluttershy's just more...feminine than you are." Spike quickly covered his mouth as Rainbow dash zoomed over to him.

"Oh! So you don't think I can be girly? I'm just one of the guys around here! Well that's cool! I'm just gonna sit over here and be one of the guys! Go ahead Spike, ask Fluttershy truth or dare! Since she's sooo much prettier than me!" Rainbow dash yelled before popping back in her spot facing away from the others.

"Um, okay, Fluttershy truth or dare?" Spike asked scratching the side of his head.

"Dare." Spike then leaned his mouth to Fluttershy's head and whispered in her ear. Fluttershy got a confused look. "Well, if you think it'll help." Fluttershy then flew over next to Rainbow dash and gently tapped her on the shoulder. "Um, Rainbow dash?"

"What?" Rainbow asked before receiving a hug from the Pegasus.

"You'll always be pretty to me." Fluttershy whispered in the tomboy's ear. Rainbow dash's frown grew into a blushing smile before she hugged back.

"Um, I think that's enough truth or dare for now. Why don't we move onto 'I never'?" Pinkie pie asked moving her legs out from the back of her head.

"What's 'I never'?" Applejack asked.

"It when one pony says what they never did, and other ponies have to do something if they have." Fluttershy said receiving some shocked looks from Rainbow dash and Spike. "Well she asked." Fluttershy pointed out with a shrug.

"Right Fluttershy, and that 'something' is drinking my stash of root beer!" Pinkie pie pulled out five bottles and handed them out. "Alright, I'll start. I've never been to Manehattan." Only Applejack took a sip of her root beer.

"I reckon I'll go next. I've never kissed a mare." Everypony else took a drink. "Really?" Applejack asked amazed.

"Well, only on the cheek. No lips for this gal!" Rainbow dash declared.

"But Rainbow dash, what about the time when we were fighting those changelings and you..." Fluttershy's mouth was quickly covered by a nervously laughing Rainbow dash.

"Yeah I kissed Twilight on the cheek when I was younger." Spike revealed.

"Same! Well, except it was Pumpkin Cake, and it was yesterday!" Pinkie pie said with a giggle.

"Alright my turn, I've never slept in the same bed with anypony." Rainbow dash revealed. Everypony except her and Fluttershy drank.

"Apple bloom sometimes has nightmares." Applejack said.

"So do the babies!" Pinkie pie added on.

"Me and Twilight cuddled when...uhh, I was a toddler!" Spike said trying to hide his blush. Rainbow dash ignored his blushing.

"What about you Fluttershy? You didn't share the same bed with your parents when you were younger?" Fluttershy then looked down.

"Well, my mother wasn't really around much when I was a kid, and my father wanted me to toughen up by sleeping in my own bed." Fluttershy said with her eyes about to stream tears. "I need to use the bathroom!" Fluttershy said before flying into Pinkie pie's bathroom.

"I'll go talk to her." Rainbow dash said picking up her sleeping bag before walking to the bathroom door. "Fluttershy it's Rainbow. Can I come in?" A few seconds passed before the door slowly opened. She walked in and shut the door behind her.

"Well that was kinda sad wasn't it?" Spike asked looking back at his friends.

"Yeah, so sad I just wanna drink till I drop!" Pinkie pie said before gulping down the last of her root beer. She exhaled before passing out on a pillow on the floor from the pillow fight earlier.

"Maybe we should hit the sack too, don'tcha think?" Applejack asked unbuttoning her red button up shirt.

"Can't argue with that." Spike said taking off his blue jeans to reveal the sleep shorts he was wearing earlier.

"Oh by the way, I got this from the Library." Applejack said tossing a sleeping bag to Spike.

"Thanks. Goodnight Applejack." Spile said unrolling the bag.

"Goodnight Spike.' Applejack said putting Pinkie pie in her bed with Gummy by her side. They both soon enough got into their sleeping bags and drifted off to slumber.

Author's Note:

Well, there's chapter six. I'm sorry this took so long, I have just been so excited about season four premiering on saturday! It's gonna be epic!