• Published 24th Oct 2013
  • 948 Views, 22 Comments

Tides of Change - Lightning Haze



This is a story about my oc's coming from another country due to a civil war breaking out in the small land of Concordia.

  • ...
3
 22
 948

3 The truth hurts

Dear Lightning Haze,

By the time you have read this I will probably be dead or captured, and the kingdom of Concordia demolished to rubble. Hopefully you have gotten yourself and Stella to safety. She is one of the last chances Concordia has. The other chance my faithful student, is you. Something that very few ponies know is that I had another daughter before Stella. That daughter was you... I'm so sorry I never told you, but you must understand it was for your own safety.

When you were born there were many threats against the Concordian royal family, so I gave you to a nice Unicorn family that I had known for years and told the world you were a miscarriage. I told the world this for many different reasons. First and foremost, I didn't want you in danger. There were threats specifically on my life and yours. Secondly, you were from an affair with a Unicorn that was not my husband. At that time I just couldn't have the kingdom knowing this. It would of meant distrust in the royal family and that would of caused an uprising. I know you might think less of me now, but it was in fact for your own safety. Please don't think I abandoned you. I gave you to a close family friend of mine and watched over you ever so closely. They vowed to keep my secret and I in return gave them a wealthy life.

Now that you are reading this, I'm sure your in shock. If you haven't put it together yet, Stella is your little sister. I need you to take care of her and help her become a great ruler. Celestia and Luna are old friends of mine so I have sent you there. In the letter I gave Stella for Celestia it tells about how you need to become an alicorn as well as how you both need to be trained in combat, as a just in case measure, and the current conflicts of our home country. The entire fate of Concordia rests in your, and your sister's hooves. I know you and Stella have shown resentment towards each other for a long time. Ironically enough you argued just like sisters. All I'm asking of you is to be nice to and love your sister. Should I die, you will be the only family she has left.

There is so much I have always wanted to tell you, and I hope you think no less of me for what I have done. Just know I did it all in your best interest. In this letter I have enclosed an account number, as soon as you are an alicorn go to any bank and withdraw all the money from the account. It should get you and your sister settled for awhile. I really do love you and I really hope I live through this so that I can talk to you some more.

~Princess Rosetta

After reading the letter I didn't quite know what to do. I just sat there for a couple hours contemplating everything I thought I knew and the new revelations that the letter held. I was truly in shock. I was a princess? Stella my sister? Still the biggest shock of all was having to become an alicorn. I wasn't looking forward to wings. They always looked uncomfortable when trying to sleep. Suddenly hate and compassion for my new found mother boiled within me. How could she abandon me... I still loved her though, after all she was my mother. Questions swam through my mind and a few stuck out."was I not worthy of her love? Was I not good enough? How different would things of been for me growing up if I had been a princess to start?" So many questions were going through my mind, all I could do was scream. Not even two minutes later Stella of all ponies was at my door asking if I was okay.

"Lightning Haze are you OK?" My sister said with a voice so sincere that I started to think she cared for me. Had she known all along?

"Yeah could you come in for a sec? I got something I need to ask you." If she had known all this time I'm not sure whether to be mad at her or not. Stella walked in and closed the door behind her. I decided not to hesitate and just outright ask it.

"Did you know I was your sister?" She had no change in facial expression at first and then she had a slightly puzzled look on her face.

"Your my sister?" She said with the slightest amount of madness in her voice. I handed her the letter and she read it. Her mouth clenched and then she looked extremely pissed off. Her horn started glowing and the paper lifted into the air. All of a sudden the paper caught fire and my mom's note was reduced to ash's. My mind went blank. I just lost all that connected me to being a princess and my real family.

"Mom gave you up for a reason! She didn't want you then and she doesn't want you now. She probably only wrote this because she didn't want to die knowing that she never told you. I'm sorry but I will NOT share my crown with someone who fell ass-backwards into a life she knows nothing about." Stella said coldly. At this point I was done with her. How could she say something like that. Anger and confusion boiled in my blood. Before I knew what I was doing I started charging up my horn. I threw her against the wall to my left.

"Stella... I've been waiting to kick your ass for a long time." I picked her up and slammed her onto the floor with my magic. Of course my luck was cut short, one of the guards came in after hearing her hit the wall the first time. The guard charged at me and with quick maneuvering I evaded. I went to attack Stella again but she had taken the distraction of the guard to capitalize. I turned just in time to have a chair collide with my face. I blacked out at this point and woke up what must of been hours later. The conductor announced we were approaching canterlot. I woke up in a small room with two guards at the ready to attack should I resist. I was tied up pretty good though and a throbbing headache made resistance futile. All that was racing through my mind at this moment was "yup well worth it."