• Published 24th Oct 2013
  • 948 Views, 22 Comments

Tides of Change - Lightning Haze



This is a story about my oc's coming from another country due to a civil war breaking out in the small land of Concordia.

  • ...
3
 22
 948

2 Arrival in Equestria

[Lightning Haze's POV]

The walk to the dock was long and grueling. My front left hoof was in pain, making me walk with a noticeable limp. It was almost midnight and the boat had still not come yet. Which in retrospect should have been expected due to the state of the country. Sirens continued to wail as the distant sounds of war could be heard if one were to listen carefully. Unfortunately for us Princess Stella was not used to having to wait at all for things. She is testing my patience and I've just about had it with her whining.

"Oh my gosh, how much longer is it gonna take?" Stella whined.

"I will give you the same answer I gave you 5 minutes ago... I. DON'T. KNOW." I was extremely mad and was about ready to use my magic to sew the Princesses mouth shut, but decided against it because prison just didn't sound that appealing. Lilly and Scarlet were huddled in a corner of the dock trying to sleep.

"Umm Lightning... Stella... Could you girls please take this fight away from us? Lilly just fell asleep and if she gets woken up I might just have to kill both of you." Scarlet said.

Princess Stella got up close to Scarlet. They were face to face now. "Was that a threat?" Stella said with an unsettling amount of bloodlust in her voice.

"It's a promise." Scarlet Cloud said without looking up from the sleeping filly. Stella went to say something else, but I used my magic to push her back from Scarlet and moved in between them.

"That's enough Princess. Now is not the time to fight with the only ally's we have." I motioned for her to go and look out for the boat and she did. I walked back over to Scarlet.

"Sorry about her, she is a little grumpy about everything... not to mention the lack of her normal royal sleep." She looked up at me and then back down to the filly that was now rubbing her eyes awake.

The filly looked around and then up at Scarlet with a concerned look on her face. "S-Scarlet? I had a bad dream" Lilly yawned and then snuggled in close to the Pegasus. Scarlet hugged her close with her wings.

"Finally, the boat is here. I was just about to start complaining." Stella said. Lightning just sighed and walked ahead to meet the boat driver. The boat driver was one of the royal guards. He hustled everyone and their stuff onto the boat and they set sail for the south-western boarder of Equestria. However about an hour into the journey Stella once again grew impatient.

"How long till we reach Equestria?" Stella whined. Stella was really not good with waiting and I was about to start pulling my mane out if she didn't stop complaining.

"Luckily for you and for all our ears we will be landing within 5 minutes in Las Pegasus. Hopefully from there we can arrange passage to Canterlot." Lightning Haze said wearily. When we arrived in Las Pegasus we were greeted by Equestrian Military Personal. Their horns were glowing a yellow color and were looking quite intimidating.

"State your business, entering Equestria." One of the guards asked in an unnaturally deep voice. Lilly coward behind Scarlet, and Stella stepped forward.

"I am Princess Stella from Concordia, I need to see Princesses Celestia and Luna at once its a matter of utmost urgency." The guards looked at each other and whispered for a bit, then one spoke up.

"Do you have any proof you are and who you say you are?" The other stallion said. Stella pulled out her passport and showed them that it had the royal mark on it.

"We will escort you to Canterlot Princess, please forgive our rudeness... after the whole changeling attack we are required to check credentials... and who are your friends?"

"The small one is Lilly, the grumpy one is Lightning Haze, and the one next to Lilly is Scarlet Cloud." She pointed to each of us as she introduced us. The guards muttered their hello's and escorted us to the cities train station.

Las Pegasus was quite the city. The architecture was amazing and it always looked so alive no matter what time it was. The city was of course well known for it's late night activity, but I always wanted to come here for the discord museum. The train station was toward the northeastern city borders so it took us a while to get there. Luckily for everypony's ears Stella was too distracted by the city to complain. The guards talked to the manager of the station and we learned that the next train leaving for Canterlot was pulling in right now. Departure would be in 15 minutes. Hearing this Stella mumbled under her breath and walked up and down the platform until the train arrived.

The train ride was rather comfy compared to the boat and everypony had their own rooms. Queen Rosetta had given both Lightning haze and Princess Stella a note to read when they had arrived in Equestria. Lightning grabbed hers and opened it. As she read it, her mind started to jump through hoops, she couldn't believe what she was reading. Could it be true?