• Published 25th Oct 2013
  • 464 Views, 10 Comments

Scorpio - Foxes33



Most ponies think the zodiacs aren't real creatures on Earth, until now. There are twelve and the Seferic are trying to kill them so they can reign. Every pony is in danger, but no pony understands how dire it is for them to live.

  • ...
2
 10
 464

Chapter Three

The thought of his dream still lingered in Scorpio's mind, he was concerned. The dream felt as though it was beyond real, but he knew that he needed something that he could think about. Ever since they left Ponyville, he just had been thinking of his destiny. They had packed up camp early, ate a small breakfast and were now heading North-East towards some mountains. Scorpio didn't know where they were heading, but watched as Flicker looked at the map he had packed.

He soon got curious on where they were going and why? Why did they have to leave, the Seferic had no idea of where there home was? Scorpio honestly missed his home, his bed, and most of all a roof over his head. He also missed the few friends he had and wished that they were here. He could also still feel his heart beating loudly, he was still nervous of what would happen and kept up with Flicker. Soon he couldn't hold it anymore.

"Flicker, where are we going?" Scorpio asked, standing at Flicker's side now.

"We are going to the mountains by Hollow Shades. It is a small village, no one will recognize anyone for sure and there might not be any Seferic, even if I highly doubt it." Flicker explained.

Scorpio nodded and kept following. He knew that along the way, it was probable that Flicker would teach him a few skills of survival or maybe not. Maybe he was waiting until they arrived to Hollow Shades. Scorpio didn't know much about Hollow Shades, but had heard of it, and it was quite far to walk. Scorpio looked at the trees as they walked very deep into Everfree Forest, avoiding the paths so there was a better chance they wouldn't be found.

Scorpio didn't say another word, he was just looking down at his hooves. He hated leaving Ponyville, he had grown attached to the small town. He had been there for all of his life, it was all he knew. It made him nervous, like most ponies, it was hard to leave all you knew, to be forced to leave, it was just hard. Scorpio was so distracted that he began to trip over the long brown roots and was having trouble keeping up to Flicker, who had to stop multiple times to let Scorpio catch up.

"Scorpio, pay attention, I don't want us to have to spend another night in this forest. You and I both knew that this forest is a very dangerous place to be. I can't afford to have you get hurt and maybe even worst killed. So come on now, you have to keep up." Flicker growled, clearly not wanting to dilly-dally anymore then they had to.

Scorpio cringed, feeling bad for making this trip longer then it was supposed to be. He just nodded and lifted his head, keeping up to Flicker the best he could. They walked for a long time with no stopping, other then the occasional bathroom break and a brief lunch. Scorpio felt sore and tired, all day they had walked and he wasn't adjusted to doing that. He looked at Flicker to see that he was completely fine with the days long walk. It was dusk when they had finally gotten out of Everfree Forest.

Scorpio was exhausted, but knew that the day wasn't done yet, they still had to set up a camp for the night, and the thought of it made Scorpio groan. Flicker began to take off his saddle bag and looked at Scorpio.

"Scorpio, please go get some sticks for the fire." Flicker said, assigning a job to Scorpio.

Scorpio nodded and walked back towards the forest to grab some sticks. It was maybe an easy task, but he felt tired and sore. He felt as though his eyes would close at any time, and he felt as though he was a heavy object. His legs protested as he moved and he staggered when he moved. He picked up a few sticks, only five, but enough to create a fire. When he returned, Flicker noticed immediately and walked over.

"Place them in the pit and try to start the fire. I hope you remember." Flicker said.

Scorpio nodded, he did know how and this was the only thing that could actually make him feel a little better was showing Flicker he had learned something. Scorpio worked quick, getting some dead grass and placing the sticks among the dead grass. He grabbed the two black stones that Flicker had put beside the pit for him to use. He struck them together and sparks flew from the stones onto the grass. He then blew lightly on the sparks and they began to devour some of the sticks and dead grass. The once small sparks had transformed into a yellow, orange and red flame.

Flicker smiled, because he knew that Scorpio had learned something. He patted him on the head, as though to say good job. It made Scorpio smile to know he had done a good job. Soon he looked around and say the mountains, they weren't far at all, he knew that if he wasn't sore, he would be able to be there and back in about twenty minutes. However he knew that was for tomorrow and sat in front of the fire, Flicker across from him.

"Flicker, do you know what the others are like?" Scorpio asked, curious.

Flicker looked up and thought for a moment. "I can guess, your animal is the scorpion, as you clearly know. So your more defensive. I would only know one to be honest. Leo, he or she would probably be a more opposite to you, because lions are large creatures, I would say that he or she would be offense. Even if you two would probably be opposites, you would be a good team, but of course I haven't trained you in fighting or defense yet, so who knows."

Scorpio nodded. He didn't even knew all the zodiacs.

"Flicker, what are all the zodiacs anyways?" He asked.

"Well there is Libra, Pisces, Leo, Gemini, and of course you, I don't know them all myself." Flicker answered.

Scorpio nodded and simple looked down. He was still not feeling his greatest, mostly because he couldn't help, but to think what may happen.

"Scorpio, there is more you need to know." Scorpio's head lifted when Flicker began to speak. "If you are ever in trouble, and I can save even at the cost of my life, you can't try not to allow it."

"What! No, Flicker! I am not letting that happen!" Scorpio shouted.

"Scorpio your more important then I am." Flicker growled.

"Well... I can take care of myself! If I leave you here, you won't be able to die for me." Scorpio retorted and turned away, running at full speed.

In the distance he could hear Flicker calling him, but he ignored it and kept moving, faster and faster through the trees. Even if Flicker flew, he wouldn't be able to spot him easily. Although his sores seemed to burn into his muscles, he didn't slow.

I can't let him die for me. He is like a father to me, I don't want to see him suffer. I would rather die then see that. Scorpio thought, tears running down his cheeks.

They were hot, and almost made it so he couldn't see at all. He soon slowed in a part of Everfree Forest that was closer to the mountain. That was where he stayed, he sat down, and all he could do was look at the ground. He was trying to let it all sink in, but the pressure was to much, so instead he just laid down, and looked into the darkness until he fell asleep.