• Published 25th Oct 2013
  • 464 Views, 10 Comments

Scorpio - Foxes33



Most ponies think the zodiacs aren't real creatures on Earth, until now. There are twelve and the Seferic are trying to kill them so they can reign. Every pony is in danger, but no pony understands how dire it is for them to live.

  • ...
2
 10
 464

Chapter Two

As soon as Flicker told him to get ready, Scorpio had rushed to his room to pack a few light things, nothing that would weigh him down. However his stomach ached with how nervous he was, he was just so uncertain. His breathing seemed rushed to him and his heart pounded loudly. Scorpio put his saddle bag on, nice and tight, and felt as though this was dream, but it was all too real. He didn't even notice Flicker was at the door way, he was too focus on what was weighing on his shoulders.

He is still young, no kid deserves this weight on his shoulders. I can't blame him when he thinks it is a joke, but he knows, nothing can be fun now. Flicker thought, his head descending down to look at his hooves.

He finally lifted his head and walked into the room, Scorpio turned his head and saw his guardian.

"Lets get moving." Flicker said, walking out of the room and towards the door.

Scorpio nodded and followed him out into the wilderness, but yet he wondered how they would live, He could see the tall standing trees and he noticed the darkness near, and he knew they were heading to Everfree Forest.

"Flicker, what are we doing?" Scorpio asked.

"We can't go to towns, we have to hide by staying in the forest. Don't worry, I have survival skills, I will teach you, and you must learn fast Scorpio. Also, if you see them, don't hesitate to kill, you will probably have to kill them if you have to. If not, keep your honor and show mercy." Flicker explained and kept going through the dark trees.

"What?! Won't they kill me? Why can't we just get rid of them, they sound like a burden." Scorpio said a little loud.

"True warriors don't have to kill to be strong. Some are innocent." Flicker explained, and kept leading Scorpio deeper into the forest.

Although Scorpio was an outsider, he felt he would still miss this place, he had a few friends, and now it had all shattered before his eyes. Truth was, he nearly wanted to cry, he even felt like just hiding so he could have more time to take it all in. He had a lot of weight on his shoulders now, and almost wondered if he would be crushed in the end of it. The walk through the grim forest was silent, and almost creepy. With the sounds of creatures stirring and it almost seemed that through the shadows, red eyes glowed like in horror cartoons.

His stomach felt worst as they continued to walk for he was still nervous about his destiny. However he knew it was hard to change destiny, it was great and a high honor to be honest. He felt like he had been giving this destiny so he would be famous, but what was fame? For him it was an endless disaster of annoyance and embarrassment. Ponies monitoring your every move, for him that was just, too much. He almost didn't understand how famous ponies do it. Scorpio could see the sun begin to set and the sudden halt of his guardian who turned towards him.

"We will set up camp here, Everfree Forest is much more dangerous at night, anywhere is dangerous at night." Flicker decided, and Scorpio nodded in reply.

Flicker took off his saddle bag and began to take out sleeping bags and whatever else was in the bag. Scorpio felt nervous though, this was how they had to live now. He felt like it was his fault for even being here and ruining Flicker's life probably. Scorpio was honestly not sure if he had done the worst to his guardian.

"Scorpio, break some sticks, we will need to build a small fire." Flicker demanded, assigning him a job.

Scorpio nodded and walked off a little ways, but didn't go out of the sight of camp. He reached up, grabbing what branches he could and breaking them off from the tree and gathering the few on the ground. It was somewhat hard to carry from the variations in size and thickness. However the distance was short and he easily made it back to camp, where Flicker had the sleeping bags out and already set out a little supper..

"Good your back, I will show you how to start a fire. It is one of the important parts in living." Flicker explained.

Grabbing the sticks he set them down with dry grass and bark. Flicker grabbed two smooth black stones and struck them against each other, sparks came and he soon blew on them. Then a yellow and orange blossom formed, it was fire. Scorpio had heard how to make fire, but didn't know how, but it was clear his guardian did. They didn't stay up long, knowing they would need a good sleep if they were to continue on there way.

However Scorpio was having troubles sleeping, there was too much to think about. He knew he had to find the others if Equestria was to be safe, but these Seferic ponies. It was all spinning in his mind, and he couldn't even think straight, it was fear of what would happen and what was going to happen. He wondered what would happen if he failed. It took a long time until the light dissipated and he welcomed the darkness.

However the darkness opened into the light of a dream, but it was so much different it seemed. There was no color, but he was in Ponyville, nothing moved, but there was frightened ponies running from darker shaded one, there eyes drawn differently. There was no peace and harmony as Scorpio looked at each area, seeing the images scattered around the walls. At the other end he heard marching and could soon see Seferic ponies and ran, but they came after him, faster and faster, until he was surrounded, and screamed and when he woke, he saw Flicker, who had been trying to wake him up.

"You okay?" Flicker asked.

"I don't know anymore." Scorpio admitted.

He got up, not telling his guardian his dream and instead began to pack up some of camp.