• Published 25th Oct 2013
  • 463 Views, 10 Comments

Scorpio - Foxes33



Most ponies think the zodiacs aren't real creatures on Earth, until now. There are twelve and the Seferic are trying to kill them so they can reign. Every pony is in danger, but no pony understands how dire it is for them to live.

  • ...
2
 10
 463

Prologue

The sun had just disappeared from the sky, making it dark. The lights in the small stone castle were dim as a young white stallion walked down the large corridor. The floor was cold and there were many doors, but the stallion knew where he was going. He was going to see his fiancee, the beautiful Sweet Tunes. Her mother taught her to play the violin and she was a prodigy. She was also a wealthy aorist, however the money wasn't the reason, it was the fact she was so sweet.

Soon a large brown door at the end of the hall was revealed through the dim light. He knew she had an important message, maybe about there wedding in a week. Maybe she was nervous. He himself was nervous and had to breath slowly before he opened the door. He opened it to see the light pink colored mare, Sweet Tones. A long thin smile formed across his face and he walked closer.

"Hello my Sweet." He greeted.

His smile faded as his fiancee wasn't smiling back and had a face of concern. He paused and looked at her, frowning now.

"Flicker we need to talk, now!" She cried, leading him to a secret room through the wall.

They both knew about this passage, it was lit with torches and there special place for private time. He followed her to the room at the end of the small hall. It was oak, a slight lighter color then the last. She opened it and went in, Flicker followed and looked to see a pile of blankets.

"They're coming Flicker, you may not know what, but I need you to do something, important." She explained.

The dull red stallion looked at the blankets as something stirred and he was startled by the sudden moment of the blankets. She lifted one and he came closer to see a small dark purple colt, it was strange, it already had a golden cutie mark, it was the symbol of Scorpio.

"Sweet Tunes, what is going on here?" Flicker asked looking at the young colt who looked weak.

She hesitated, "This is Scorpio, Flicker. I didn't cheat on you, so don't think that, but he is important. The Seferic is after him. They are dark ponies with hearts that are darker then night." A tear came from her eye and more came, "Flicker there coming. You have to take him far. They will kill him, the world needs him more then me. I know this is rash, and sudden, I-I was hoping I would have more time."

"Sweet, we will both go, come on pack-" Flicker began smiling until she cut him off.

"No!" She cried. "You have to go. I have to stay here, and... and perish. The world needs Scorpio more then me. You have to protect him... your his guardian. So please, take him and go!"

"But, Sweet." He was about to retort.

"Go! Now before they get here!" She cried.

He nodded and picked up two ends of the blanket and unraveled his wings, opening a window back in the main room and flew down to the forest. He turned back for a second to look at the window where the light still was. Tears left his face as he ran speedily through the trees, gripping the blanket tight. The colt whined, but he ignored it and just kept running, not wanting to look back.

Soon he hid the colt somewhere safe, making sure it was asleep and went back, back to the castle and flew through the big window only to see blood. His fiancee, dead, cuts on her throat and her eyes were open in terror and he closed them.

"You were always pretty when you sleep." He choked, tears leaving his face, and he left.

"Bye my Sweet."