• Published 21st Oct 2013
  • 6,014 Views, 62 Comments

The Rainbow At The End Of The Storm - Bakmah Genesis



One particular stormy night, Rainbow Dash gets a visitors knocking at her door. Or through it, rather.

  • ...
12
 62
 6,014

The final show of Captain Spitfire

Spitfire took a deep breath to collect herself, trying her best to not squee at the fact that her marefriend was obviously in the audience. She also wanted to get the show over as fast as possible since she had a suprise at the end. Well, besides her resigning from the Wonderbolts but that was a suprise too, kinda.

The crowds cheers and stomping sounded through the walls and made the less secure objects on the wall rattle from the vibrations. They were always ready for final show of the season where the Wonderbolts pull all the stops without killing themselves just for one show to blow the minds of every single pony that was watching. Spitfire was focusing on the minds of two specific audience members she wanted to impress and send their brains all over the crowd, metaphorically speaking.

She took a deep breath as the announcer called one more minute. She stretched out her wings full span, her feathers tingling in the electricity in the air. She was on a whole new high, and she was sure it was going to send her high into the sky for a show to end the season. All she needed to do, was to do the flying and tricks, all the rest was up to the air and the mood of the night.

"You're on! Go, go go!" With one great down thrust and kick of her hind legs, Spitfire went barreling out of the tunnel and out into the stadium. The house lights were on, shining brightly against the night as she ascended, the other Womderbolts hot on her tail as they climbed higher them above the stadium all together.

They slowed down enough so they formed a pyramid before they stopped pumping. They leaned back and arched through the sky, Spitfire diving to the head of the pyramid once again as it flipped upside down. They were no racing back down at breakneck speed, enough to go straight through the stadium and quite possibly crash into the ground before the cloud extra removed itself from their vision,

Spitfire pulled up before she could crash into and through the stadium floor, Spitfire pulled up sharply and successfully came to a hover before the crowd. The other Wonderbolts came up behind her in perfect synchronization. They flew off in different directions to begin the final show of the season, and the final show of Spitfire's carrier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunny Skies sat in his V.I.P box as he watched the Wonderbolts preform, Spitfire to be exact. The black stallion next to him watched as well, his red mane falling slightly over his eyes.

"You have the payment?" Asked the stallion. Sunny slid a brief case over to the stallion.

"You get the other half after the two are taken care of. Make sure she sees them go, she needs to know she is not allowed to leave." said Sunny. The stallion nodded before taking the brief case and exiting the booth. Sunny smiled and watched the show.

"I tried to warn you, Spits. No one cam leave the Wonderbolts until they are told they can leave. I would have liked not to waste such great talent but sacrifices need to be made in the world of buisness."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The show was ending. Spitfire could tell that they were just a few more moves, a few more stunts away from ending and Spitfire's biggest confession yet, and one to hopefully keep Sunny Skies off of her back. She wasn't dumb. She knew Sunny would try to remove Rainbow and Scootaloo from her life so she could stay in the Wonderbolts. But, if she made the relationship public and Sunny did kill them, the public would protest that she needed time away from the Wonderbolts, or to be pulled out of it completely. Even strong headed athletes can have bright ideas.

Spitfire hovered above the stadium, the Wonderbolts in a line. Spitfire breathed in the cool night air and felt it rush past her wings. She exhaled and smiled down at the stadium.

"Alright, ladies, this is it. Let's show them off from the season and make it one hell of a good-bye for Captain Spitfire!" Yelled Soarin as he hovered next her. There was a chorus of agreement. Spitfire opened her eyes and smirked. It was time.

Everyone except Spitfire did a free fall from the insane height above the stadium. With a deep breath, Spitfire dove, pushing herself to her limits.

"Remember now, that barrier will be a complete bitch when you come to it. The trick is not to slow done or to follow it, but to push against it. Don't struggle or it will flung you back, got it?" Asked Dash. Spitfire nodded. She looked down at the expanse of green that was the ground. Taking a deep breath Spitfire dove.

The air rushed past her as she pushed against the air, fighting it. Soon, a cone appeared around her body. Ignoring it completely, Spitfire pushed against it harder, trying to break through the nearly-invisible barrier. She was about to break through when she shifted ever so slightly.

She cried out as the air flow changed drastically and flung her away. Seeing this, Rainbow Dash rushed after her and caught her mid-air.

"Fuck, I was so close." said Spitfire as she recovered her breath. Dash chuckled.

"You'll get it one day. I know you will." said Dash, kissing her ever so slightly.

Spitfire cried out and punched the barrier, literally.

There was a loud crack as Spitfire broke through the barrier. A ring of fire spread out from the area she broke through. Behind her was a contrail of pure fire as she race down, passing the ring of Wonderbolts, and arcing into the sky and across the stadium.

She whipped back around and joined the other Wonderbolts center stage, bowing as she landed.

"And that, ladies, is how you end a career." said Spitfire as she straightened from her bow. A mic rose out from the center of the stage, signaling it was time for her public resignation. Taking a deep breath, Spitfire walked forwards to the microphone.

"How did you like that?!" She shouted into the mic. A thunderous roar that caused her ears to splay back answered her. She grinned.

"Now, this show had a few more important meanings tonight besides the end of the season." said Spitfire into the mic. Spitfire removed her goggles and let them hang from around her neck.

"Long ago, my dream was to become a Wonderbolt. I trained for hours straight everyday, pushing myself to my limit, which I believe I broke today." said Spitfire pointing a hoof at the disappearing fire ring. "Needless to say, I passed training with ease and joined the roster. Only a year later and I became captain.

"However, my dream has changed since then and no less thanks to a certain mare in my life. She showed me that not everything is about being a Wonderbolt, flying to and past your limits just before death, and earning countless bits. No, she is a normal pony like the rest of you. She had the average job, a home she worked tooth and hoof for, and a daughter she loves more than anything and would throw her life away to protect her. This mare has succeeded in taking the heart of this Wonderbolt.

"And with that I say two things. One, I will resign from the Wonderbolts to live my dream of being normal and having a family and will miss you all. Secondly," Spitfire dropped the mic and flew into the air, her targets position burned into her mind. Rainbow had no time to react as her lips were stolen away by an orange blur.

The stadium disappeared as they kissed, tears soaking the cheeks of Rainbow Dash as her emotions flooded her. Time has hardly existent but soon pulled them apart. Spitfire leaned her forehead against her marefriend's.

"I love you, Dash." said Spitfire softly, still audible over the roar of the crowd.

"I-I love ya too, Spits." said Rainbow, wiping her tears away with a hoof. The crowd cheered for what had to be the best way to wrap up a short, but plentiful career. Thus ended the final show of Captain Spitfire Storm.

Author's Note:

My inspiration was a bit lacking, sorry. But my talent for pulling the heart strings didn't suffer too greatly. Now, let's get onto the next update.