• Published 17th Oct 2013
  • 3,283 Views, 102 Comments

Craptastic Friendship Series: Freshman Year - RainbowJack2000



Twilight moves to Equestria, California, where she attends her first year of high school. Cool right? Not for her. As a matter of fact, it's as crappy as it can get.

  • ...
19
 102
 3,283

Shopping, Shopping, Shopping Part: 1

*Ring...ring...ring*

"Come on, come on, pick up."

*ring* *muffled noises and yawn* "H-hello?"

"Pinkie? This is Twilight! We have class together."

"Well, duh! I know we have class together! My question is: why are you calling me so early?"

"It's 11 A.M. It's not that early."

"It's 11? Huh, must have been some party last night."

"Party? What are you- nevermind. I called you to tell you...well, I've been doing a lot of thinking and..I just want you to know..."

"Twilight, I have a job to get to. Not to sound mean or anything, but please. Hurry up and spill!"

Twilight took a deep breath and came out with it, "Idliketogotothemallwithyouandthegirls."

"Really? That's awesome!" Pinkie chirped a bit too loudly. The feedback nearly killed Twilight's ear.

"Wait, you heard what I said?"

"Yeah, I mean, I talk super fast to ya know!"

"So, see you later?"

"Oki-doki-loki! I'll call the girls and tell 'em! I'm so happy! Bye Twilight!"

"Bye!"

Twilight hung up the phone and sighed. After doing a lot of thinking last night, though she didn't want to, she decided to give the friendship thing a try. After all, they did try to help her despite the fact she completely down, leaving them so confused, an out-of-nowhere ball could have hit them in the face.

And they would still have no idea what the heck happened.

Groaning, Twilight got off the couch and walked up to her bedroom. Opening the door, she found Spike on her bed, and what appeared to be him reading a Reader's Digest magazine. Twilight giggled and took him off her bed, much to his dismay. After getting dressed, she grab her purse and was about to head out the door, until...

"Twilight? Where are you going?"

Twilight cursed for not being more quiet in the house. She turned around to face her mother, who was dressed in a bathrobe and slippers. Seeing the confused expression on her face, Twilight sighed in defeat and simply said...

"I'm going for a quick jog outside."

Velvet's face went from confusion to...well, more confusion, "You're jogging in boots and a skirt? And a purse?"

"It's a...fashionable jog. Rarity says that they make you feel...'fabulous'?"

More confusion. "Who's Rarity?"

"Oh, er, just a girl at school. We're lab partners!"

"Uh-huh," Velvet said, nodding slowly, "And why do you feel the need to do it today?"

Since this was only going to make the conversation a bit more longer than it should be, Twilight sighed, "Fine. I'm going to the mall with a bunch of girls. Happy?"

"Y-you're going to the mall? With girls? Your age?!"

"Um...yes?"

Velvet beamed and called to her husband, "Nighty! Get the camera! Our little girl is finally growing up!"

Twilight groaned, "Moooom..."

Too late, she thought as her father came rushing down the stairs in PJ's and snapped a couple of pics of Twilight. He grinned and looked at the screen.

"That's a keeper!"

"Oh, honey," Velvet said, embracing the annoyed teen, "I'm so glad you've finally come to your senses and made some friends!"

"They're not friends. They're classmates that want to get to know me better." Twilight corrected.

A loud beep came from behind Twilight and she opened the door, finding herself face to face with a cyan blue car and a loud mouth's head poking out of it.

"Yo, Twilight! Get your ass in here, now! I need to pick up the other dipshits! And I intend to not be late this time!?" Rainbow yelled.

Velvet and Nightlight could only stare in shock at the misfit Twilight is supposedly friends with. Grinning awkwardly, Twilight said "goodbye" and hugged them both, closing the door before they could say anything. Approaching Rainbow's car, she was about to sit up front until Rainbow shook her head.

"No can do, egghead. This seat is reserved."

Twilight was taken back, "Reserved? For who?"

"Blondie a.k.a. Applejack. I have a little...issue with her." Rainbow growled.

"If you have an issue with her, why does she get to sit upfront?"

Rainbow rolled her eyes and sighed, pointing a finger to the back. Twilight pouted but fulfilled the demand anyway, sitting in the back seat with her arms crossed. She looked out the window and saw her parents gazing out their window and glaring at Rainbow, who turned on the radio, listening to Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball." Twilight took out her cellphone and sighed as she looked at her contact list. 3 contacts: mom, dad, and Shining Armor.

What a life I have, she thought to herself.

"Sooo, Rainbow..." Twilight said, wanting conversation, "How's it going?"

"Why do you care?" Rainbow snapped.

"Just wanted to know, gosh. Where are we going anyway?"

"I have to pick up Applejack first. I have a flat tire I need her to fix."

"Flat-" Twilight suddenly realized that the car wasn't going as fast as she thought it was. She looked up front to see the emergency lights button was on and the arrows were blinking.

"We're here." Rainbow announced after she realized Twilight was quiet for a good ten minutes. She hopped out the car and walked over to AJ's farmhouse doors. Twilight looked up at the sign which read, "Sweet Apple Acres" in a bright red color. Around her were...well, acres of apple trees and land. Her vision focused back on Rainbow as the tomboy aggressively knocked on the door. After a while, a little girl with red hair and a large pink bow opened up.

"Howdy, Rainbow! Mah sis will be down in jes' a sec," her eyes turned to Twilight, "Who's this?"

"AB, this is Twilight. Kristen Stewart, this is Apple Bloom." Rainbow introduced them, using their nicknames from her.

"Pleasure to meet ya!" Apple Bloom held out her hand and gave a toothy grin. Twilight smiled and shook it. Just then, Applejack appeared behind Apple Bloom and looked at Rainbow, then Twilight.

"Uh...are mah eyes playin' tricks on me?" she asked finally.

"No. Believe it, Appletoots, your date has arrived." Rainbow joked in a serious and ridiculous matter.

"Oh, really? Where is he? Or she?" Applejack teased back, looking around. Rainbow pouted.

"Whatever. I need your help fixing a freaking flat tire, then we go to the mall. Got it?"

"The mall? But I thought that was scheduled for this evenin'." Applejack tilted her head.

"It was. Then Team Edward here decided to join the scene." Rainbow growled.

"Oh, that's what yer here fer, Twi?" Applejack asked. Twilight sheepishly nodded.

"The mall?! Oh, sis, can I go to? Please?" Apple Bloom begged.

Applejack chuckled and ruffled her hair, "Sorry, AB. Not enough room." Apple Bloom pouted, but AJ continued, "How 'bout ya go ask Big Mac if he can drive ya. Yer friends can go to if ya like."

Apple Bloom's face lit up, "Really?! Thanks Applejack! Yer the best!" With a brief hug, Apple Bloom ran back inside and shouted for her big brother to come down. Applejack giggled and closed the door.

"Fix my car?" Rainbow said, looking disgusted after the sister scene. Applejack rolled her eyes and walked over to the car and bent down to the front flat tire.

"Hoo-wee! That's a mess ya got there are RD!"

"It sure is," Rainbow said, taking out her phone. Twilight looked at her, then the bent-down Applejack and got the picture.

Don't tell me she's...

"How'd this happen?" Applejack asked, still looking at it.

"Oh, you know...nails and stuff. Not that big of a deal." Rainbow was now on her camera app.

"Well, this sure is a mighty large hole ya got there. But I'll replace it in no time!" Applejack beamed.

*SNAP!*

Confused, Applejack got up and turned around to face a madly blushing Twilight and a snickering Rainbow Dash, showing Twilight the picture on her phone.

"What y'all laughin' at?" AJ asked, walking over and looking at the phone's screen. She gasped and glared.

It was her butt, sticking a bit in the air, while she was examining the tire. Rainbow could barely contain her laughter and so she laughs so hard, her face turns red.

"Yep! That's a keeper alright! And a wallpaper!"

"This ain't funny, RD. Delete it!" Applejack glared, leaning over and trying to grab the phone. Rainbow looked at Applejack and a grin came across her face.

"Make me."


"Well, Twilight, I'm glad you came with us, but...um...why does Rainbow Dash have a broken arms?" Fluttershy asked, examining her friend's arms. Rainbow Dash scowled and winced at the pressure of someone touching them. Twilight replied.

"Don't get Applejack angry. That's a lesson to learn." She shuddered at the thought.

"Twilight, darling. why did you come with us in the first place?" Rarity asked, bewildered.

"Oh, well, why stay at home and do nothing when you can go out with a bunch of friends, right?"

"I thought we weren't your friends?" Rainbow scoffed.

Twilight winced and sighed. She really wanted to make peace with them, but if they weren't going to let go of what she said the other day, why bother? Fluttershy gave her a small smile and patted her on the back.

"It's okay, Twilight. She's just adjusting, that's all." Fluttershy said, reassuringly.

"I hope you're right."

After stopping at a red-light, Applejack glanced over to Pinkie Pie sitting in the driver's seat, whose head resting against the window. She seemed...glum. That scared her. Pinkie Pie was rarely glum, and when she was...let's just say she gets a little crazy and leave it at that.

"Everythin' alright, sugarcube?" Applejack asked with concern.

"Huh?" Pinkie looked at her, then looked away, "Oh, I was just wondering..."

"...'Bout what?"

"Can I say something that might take a while until we get to the mall?"

"Uh..sure?" Applejack wasn't sure where she was going with this. Pinkie beamed.

"Yay!"

And after inhaling largely, she finally released.

"Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?..."


After stuffing an apple in Pinkie's mouth, ten minutes later they finally arrived at the mall. Rarity jumped out first and squealed, only to stop when she saw which mall it was.

"The...Bronies R Us mall?! Ugh! A disgrace to fashion malls everywhere!"

"Well, it is a mall. And no one shops here anyway, so that's that." Rainbow folded her arms. Or at least tried to.

"Ooooooohh! I LOVE this mall! It's so fun and the best part...we get to buy anything we want at the price of $10!" Pinkie chirped.

"Sounds more like a thrift shop if you ask me." Rarity muttered.

"A thrift shop?!"

"Why did I say that?"

"I'm gonna pop some tags.
Only got $20 in my pocket!
I-I'm huntin'.
Looking for a dollar!
This is-"

Twilight put a hand to Pinkie's mouth before any other words could have made poor Fluttershy even more traumatized.

"Let's just go in shall we?" Twilight said, glaring at Pinkie.

The girls entered the "mall" and much to Rarity's whining, the mall was exactly what they wanted it to be. Small with only a few hundred people and at least over 40 different stores. Rarity's eyes went wide as she took sight at the mall. Twilight gasped as she saw a book store nearby. Pinkie Pie's mouth watered when she saw a cupcake store. Fluttershy almost died at the sight of a...pet store? Applejack's jaw dropped at the Apple store. And Rainbow was dying to try out the skateboarding store.

"IF YOU NEED ME, I'LL BE OVER THERE!" The girls shouted in unison and ran off to their destinations.

Meanwhile, Sunset Shimmer and her gals were walking in the mall, smoothies in their hands, when Sunset caught sight of a certain bookworm making way for the bookstore. She smirked and looked at her girls.

"I have a change of plans. We're heading to the bookstore. I have some catching up to do with someone I know there."

Author's Note:

Damn, I just now realized this story isn't as popular as my Phineas and Ferb and Truth or Scare. Geez, what kind of hole have I been in?

I'm really sorry this hasn't updated sooner. Other things...came up. Hehe.

Thrift Shop by Macklemore. I think that's how you spell it.