• Published 17th Oct 2013
  • 3,279 Views, 102 Comments

Craptastic Friendship Series: Freshman Year - RainbowJack2000



Twilight moves to Equestria, California, where she attends her first year of high school. Cool right? Not for her. As a matter of fact, it's as crappy as it can get.

  • ...
19
 102
 3,279

New State, New School, New Drama

If there was one thing Twilight hated more than goofing off, it was moving.


Sure, it really wasn't her decision. Shining Armor, her older brother, went off into the military and wouldn't be returning home for a couple of months...or a year. The house held too many precious memories to her parents about him and they needed to escape it all. Twilight wanted to argue, saying it's not like he was dead. Practically the U.S. wasn't having any wars at the moment and new recruits were training. But she knew her parents would put up a fight with her, saying it wouldn't make a difference if he was in a war.

So...here she is, early September, unpacking her things from her suitcases and boxes.

Spike, her small dog, was sleeping on her mattress, a pool of drool coming from the side of his mouth. Twilight rolled her eyes and grabbed Spike's own bed and put it on the floor next to the mattress. Picking up the now-awaken mutt, she put him on his bed, watching him walk in a circle until he was comfortable enough to sleep.

"Mom! Can you help me fix the mattress on my bed?" she yelled, waiting for her mom's approval.

"I'm coming!" her mom yelled back.

Her mom, Twilight Velvet, came walking into the room, surprised to see that Twilight's room was already organized. Of course, Twilight wasn't strong enough to move her desk, dresser, nightstand, and bed into place. Thanks to her dad and his friends, her room was exactly like she wanted it.

Exactly the way her old room looked.

Walking over to the mattress, Velvet couldn't help but smile at the drooling and sleeping dog in his bed. She helped Twilight carry it over to her bed, and carefully placed it between the frames. Twilight then got her bed sheets and tossed them on her bed, yawning and looking at the time.

10:06 p.m.

"Oh snicker-doodles! I need to get some sleep! The interview with the principal is tomorrow! I gotta hurry!" Twilight yelled, hurrying to fix her fitted sheet. Her mom chuckled and shook her head.

"Oh Twilight. Always want to be the best of the best." she said.

"Mom, you should know that by now. It's my first year of high school, and I want to make a good impression. Besides, have you seen the school ratings? Dirt looks better than it." Twilight said, fixing the sheet.

"Oh come on. It can't be that bad. It is a private school after all, right?"

"Just because it's a private school doesn't mean ratings like 2.5/10 don't exist."

"What's one student like you going to make a difference?"

"Oh come on, I CAN make a difference...I'm the smartest kid I know."

"Well that's because you never even made a friend before," her mom sighed, shaking her head, "Twilight, can't you make one friend this year? You can't go through 4 years of high school being lonely, boring, and anti-social."

"I've made it through elementary and middle school without friends. I didn't care." Twilight fixed her flat-sheet on her bed, tucking the corners under her bed.

"Oh, sweetie, this is different. It's high school. The kids are meaner, tougher, stronger, and, well, not as sweet as you are."

"I'll manage." Twilight fixed her pillow and her comforter on her bed. She went to the closet, taking out an appropriate attire for her to wear for the interview. She put them on the door handle, then went to her dresser to take out her purple and pink plaid pajamas.

Her mom was looking a bit worried at her daughter then sighed. If Twilight wanted to be anti-social, so be it.

"Okay then. Goodnight, sweetie. Wake up early for the interview tomorrow." her mom said, leaving the room.

"Night, Mom." Twilight simply replied. She went into the bathroom to go brush her teeth. They were always free of food and white, and that's what she admired about them.

She went back into her room and got back into her PJ's. She noticed Spike was getting out of bed and jumped onto hers. She shook her head, and took him off.

"No Spike. You can't sleep on my bed."

Spike whimpered and inched closer to Twilight, looking at her with the puppy-dog pout. Twilight sighed in defeat. How could she say no to that?

"Okay but only for tonight." she giggled.

Spike barked and jumped onto the bed, walking in circles again until he was comfortable. Twilight lifted her covers and turned off the light on the nightstand. Her mom's words about making friends stuck with her. Was she right? Was she really that lonely, boring, and anti-social? Twilight found herself to be quite amusing...at least that's what Shining Armor said she was.

Don't let it bug you, Twilight. You are very entertaining. Everyone likes you...right?

Twilight couldn't even answer her own question. Besides, she drifted off into a deep sleep.


"You're all set, Ms.Sparkle. You can start school tomorrow morning." Headmistress Celestia said.

"Thank you so much, Ms...er, Headmistress Celestia." Twilight sputtered.

"Ms. Celestia is fine."

"Ms. Celestia. Got it. See you tomorrow."

Twilight left the office, relieved that everything went well. Celestia looked so nice, but why would she run such a poor establishment? At least she wasn't so strict like Twilight thought she would be.

"Yo! Look out! Girl with the wheels coming your way!" someone shouted.

Twilight looked back to find a girl with rainbow colored hair with a cyan hoodie and gray sweatpants was riding the hallways on a...skateboard? How is that even possible?

Of course, her darn reflexes didn't respond in time and she got hit.

"Owwww..." Twilight groaned. The papers flew everywhere and landed in random places. The girl with the skateboard was dusting herself off and picking up her skateboard. She chuckled until she was laughing big time. Twilight got a better look at her: magenta eyes, the front of her hoodie stitched with the words "20% cooler", the pants had a cloud with a multicolored lightning bolt coming out of it. She also had black and blue Osiris sneakers on.

"You...you okay?" she asked, between breaths.

"Does it look like it?" Twilight snapped back.

The girl had her hands up in the "Watch out, we got a badass over here" position. Twilight rolled her eyes and got up, searching for her papers. She was shocked when she saw that the girl with rainbow hair had them in her hands. How'd she get them so fast?

"Looking for these?" she asked.

"Yes! Thank you so-" Twilight tried to snatch the papers away, but the girl with the rainbow hair held them back.

"Too slow!" she snickered.

"This isn't funny! I need that for tomorrow! What are you-" The girl's hand was on Twilight's forehead, pushing her way back until she was certain Twilight wouldn't be able to snatch it out of her hands.

"Twilight Sparkle...Came from Canterlot, Virginia...age 14..." The girl was reading personal information!

"Hey give that back! Stop reading! You-"

"Grade average: A+! Egghead much?" the girl said.

"Give it back!"

"Lemme think...eh, no."

"Rainbow Dash! Leave her alone!" a voice called out.

It was Headmistress Celestia, and boy did she looked pissed. It was a good thing the hallways were not filled with children, otherwise they would see the smoke coming out of her ears.

"That's no way to treat your future peer. Give Twilight her things back and get to class at once!" Celestia demanded.

"Peer? Doesn't that mean friend? There is no way Kristen Stewart right here is going to be my friend. I'm too cool for that, as you can see on my hoodie." Rainbow huffed.

"My name is not Kristen Stewart! I never even watched the movie...more than once anyway." Twilight blushed.

"Just give her stuff back." Celestia was annoyed.

Rainbow Dash sighed, shoved Twilight's things in her hands, picked her skateboard, and was about to leave until-

"That's another thing: No bicycles, scooters, skates, or skateboards inside the school. Either leave it in your locker or hand it over. You can pick it up later." Celestia said.

"Not my baby!" Rainbow joked, hugging her skateboard.

Celestia raised an eyebrow. Rainbow, once again, sighed.

"Fine. Make sure no one steals RD, you hear me?" Rainbow said, handing it over and leaving the halls.

Twilight rolled her eyes and left the school. She remembered what Rainbow Dash said about no wanting to be her friend. Did she really mean that? As amusing as she seems, Twilight has to agree. That Rainbow girl would just be a distraction to the things that are REALLY important. Like school and education. Scholarships and future goals and-

Aw man, Twilight thought, I really am an egghead.

Author's Note:

NOT A FLUTTERDASH! I REPEAT! NOT A FLUTTERDASH! I HATE MY PHONE!