• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 2,299 Views, 141 Comments

Out of the Darkness - SergeantShenanigans



On a dark midnight in the middle of the Everfree forest Zecora stumbles upon an injured pony. Join this pony as he tries to regain his memor

  • ...
5
 141
 2,299

Ch 1: Out of the Darkness

‘Where am I?’

That is one of the only two questions that plagued the currently motionless pony’s mind at the moment, all he could see, everywhere, was darkness.

‘Wait,’he thought slowly.‘Are my eyes even open?’

Trying to test this theory brought to attention the other question. The second, being why he couldn't move his body. After some trial and error he resorted to trying to move anything. He did succeed in moving his mouth, but moving his jaw shot a wave of pain through his skull.

Next he directed his attention to trying to move his eyes, which also refused to respond. Instead of wasting the small amount of energy that he still had, he decided to lie still and assess the situation.

‘Okay, let’s see here, one, I have no idea where I am. Two, I’m completely paralyzed, save my mouth. Now where does that leave me?’ he mused. ‘That was kind of a pointless question, I haven’t been able to do anything, so that means I’m still stuck at square one,’ he attempted to chuckle at this, which only resulted in his breath coming out sounding choppy.

Before he could muse this any longer a jolt of pain coming from his legs caused his eyes to shoot open.‘I guess that means I’m not completely paralyzed,’ he acknowledged.

After quickly reassessing the situation he decided to look around. Looking directly forward towards the sky he saw the moon shining brilliantly, with millions of stars floating around it. ‘Well, I can tell that there are a lot of stars around the moon, that must be a good sign.’

He then decided to look around to the extent that he could without turning his head. From what he could gather he was in a small clearing of some forest.

Looking to his left he saw a large cluster of trees that looked eerie in the current light. They looked twisted, withered and he thought he saw one with a face.Blinking quickly he looked back to where he thought he saw the face, but it was gone. Looking to his right he saw.'What a surprise, more trees!'

With nothing else to look at he decided to look where the source of his earlier pain had come from. Standing at the edge of his hooves was a figure in a hooded cloak which, after he finally acknowledged its presence, decided to speak up. "Sorry for your hooves that I did shake, but I had to check if you would wake," itstated quickly.

After hearing its voice, he realized that it was a "she," not an "it”.Attempting to open his mouth he had failed to remember that it was in such a fragile state, earning him another jolt of pain.

Seeing this, the hooded female approached him. "Please do not try and move, or your consciousness you will lose," she advised. "If your injuries I do not tend, your bones and cuts will not mend.”

He briefly pondered what she was talking about when he was swiftly lifted onto her back. The sudden jerk of movement brought on a wave of pain that immediately knocked him unconscious.