• Published 19th Nov 2013
  • 2,559 Views, 58 Comments

This Will Destroy You - Maneiac



This is not a joke. Equestria's end is upon us all, and Spike will be the one deciding its fate.

  • ...
15
 58
 2,559

Let's Talk Things Out

----D----

The confused faces of all three princesses found purchase with my eyes. It was becoming humid in this room, thanks to the new skylight the lavender one put in. The sun was beating down on my head and back.

For the first time in five years, I was uncomfortable...and unamused at that fact.

“Spike said you’d answer our-”

“Nay,” I interrupted sharply, silencing the lavender one as I walked down the steps and away from the assembled royalty. “Keep your inquiries to yourself, horses. Spike may have been able to sweep your transgressions under the rug, but know that I am not him. If you come near me,” I opened the door, walking through it while placing a claw on its edge to hold it open. My head turned so I could stare at them evenly. “I will kill you.”

I shut the door behind me, not waiting for an answer.


“Why can’t things be quiet like this? There’s just the sky, and the whisper of where I belong.” My eyes scanned the puffy expanses of white that were scattered amongst the blue sky. They looked so unbelievably soft, that I pictured myself napping on one of them.

A tingling sensation caused my right wing to twitch, and I hastily made the connection to my Magical Layline. Since I’m the lightning, my body will always yearn to fly in the sky. But, given my current body makeup...I’m grounded unless I use magic...

“Ironic. Lightning that is unable to soar in the sky freely. It is almost as if fate enjoys making me suffer.” My mind, right when these words came out, filled with the faces of Artemis and Zerris. We were on that hill, overlooking Zistral in its entirety as the fireworks went off.

“I talk to myself when I’m troubled as well.”

The voice startled me for a moment, but my sharp mind instantly identified it to be that of Princess Celestia. I turned my head and stared into her odd-looking mane. The bottom half had regained its magical texture, waving in the wind quietly. It stands to reason then, that the top half was still bubblegum pink.

I looked to her eyes. “What I said in the throne room wasn’t a warning. It was a promise.”

She stopped mid-stride, her eyes widening by a slim margin as she stared at me. I could tell the prospect of a being with my strength fighting her as she is now ultimately terrified her, which is completely understandable.

“Will you take action,” Celestia asked dubiously, making me stare as I processed her question.

“Her head should be rolling right now...But...”

I sighed in frustration, turning my head to peer out over the expanse of hills and countryside. The smell of the land was thick up here, far away from the stuffy scents of strangling perfumes and colognes of the rankest origins. The high-class of this world go overboard in their appearance...

“May I join you? This happens to be my favorite spot, next to my balcony.” I turned my head to face her again.

“Are you not the leader of this nation? Need I hold your hand,” I droned. Celestia merely trotted forwards, her face remaining stoic as she did so.

“No need to be hostile, Mr. Dameion. I was only stating a relevant inquiry.”

I studied her for any trace of lying. During my time away from this planet, I had picked up on certain things. Now, I had an uncanny ability at detecting deception and forged emotions. It was a necessary adaptation, dealing with the menace of Kings and Queens in the multiverse.

Unfortunately, even with all my expertise, her face held true. “What is it that you want, woman?”

Our gazes were symmetrical as they settled upon a small town in the distance. The afternoon sun caused glints and glares to reflect off the rolling hills separating the countryside from Canterlot Mountain, and the drifting clouds above casted stalking shadows upon the grassland. A small sliver of railroad track curved off from the town, following a path that wrapped around the mountain.

Even so...even with a breathtaking sight such as this...something does not feel right.

“I merely wish to study this view. No matter how late into eternity I transcend, this view will always hold beauty.” Celestia’s voice was weary, and it should be by ever right. There was no doubt in my mind that she was humbled by her loss to Spike; or as I came to know, her pseudo- son.

“Interesting take on it, I guess. What has you so enraptured with this sight?”

She remained quiet. I knew she was thinking about my question.

“This was the same place I stood when Discord fell and the landscape returned to normal. Luna an I had defeated him after ten years of horrid war and struggle; so you can only imagine how happy I was when the land terraformed back into its peaceful nature. The sun became yellow, and lost its horrid green coloring. My sister’s moon dropped its red facade, and became the beautiful white celestial body that will soon take over my day. The jigsawed land became one, with all his chaotic magic being disrupted- and ultimately -cancelled by the Elements of Harmony. This was before Twilight meeting her friends...and the fall of my sister...” Celestia stated contritely, making me raise an eyebrow.

“...Tell me about it...” It was not a snarky remark, the sentence that came from my mouth. Celestia raised her head and looked at me as I lowered my eyebrow, her face the picture of utter confusion.

“I had every intention of refraining from this, but; what makes you so interested in my past?”

“An explanation cannot be given currently, but maybe there is a certain...fullness in hearing these tales. In exchange for power, I sacrificed my emotions during the five years of absence. As you may imagine, my power was horrendously increased, and I became something like the Rider of Death; which makes sense, considering I complete one of the four parts of Apocalypse itself.” I do not know what possessed me to look at Celestia, but I did so.

“If they come out any more, I will have to acquire a net to catch those eyes in.”

“...Why? What purpose does giving away your emotions serve!? Life is long and difficult for those who can feel, but I cannot imagine a life without feeling! Why then, would you make this decision,” Celestia inquired with growing panic, which was something I was not expecting for a potential enemy.

I held my hand up, silencing the next question she was going to be over enthusiastic about. “Calm yourself, woman. My reasons are as such, and therefore, I will not explain them to you.”

She seemed miffed at that. “I see. Maybe I wish to withhold the story you wanted to hear?”

“If it is your tree, waste no time in ascending it. Climb well, monkey.” I waved her off on ‘monkey’, hearing the princess do something really low for someone of her standing.

She huffed.

“Callous and boorish. I don’t think there’s any two more fitting words to describe you as a person, Mr. Dameion. You will be hard-pressed to make friends with that kind of disposition.”

“Insults be damned, it is a warrior’s will and worth on the battlefield that determines righteous standing with the general masses. A ruler need not be courteous or moral to those beneath him. What makes a King is his ability and tact in the heat of war...of a war. The war. I sense a greater age from you, but a lesser power. You are of no consequence to me, horse. And now, you have squandered a chance at conversation, so remove yourself. This is not a statement, in case you didn’t know.”

My patience is over.

“I do not remember surrendering to you, Dameion. I will not fight you, but know that my patience is eternal. As I’ve taught my precious student, Twilight Sparkle, the ways of forgiveness and friendship; I shall act out my own teachings and deliver them to you as well. If you ever feel the need to talk, Mr. Dameion, I will be in my Private Study behind the throne room.” Celestia had been turning around and heading off while she spoke, and I turned my head to watch her go.

“...Wait. I wish to speak with you about something, Celestia. If I could have a moment of your time, that is.” Even I don’t know why my mouth opened during that moment in time, but there was no helping it now.

Celestia stopped moving right as her wings opened, and she turned her head to look at me coolly. “Yes?”

This is where I began fighting myself. I honestly had no idea what made me open my mouth, but ever since I returned to this world, I’ve started to feel...in general. My scales were beginning to heat up around my face, and my legs yearned to start shaking. But above all else...

...I felt warm.

I quickly coughed and turned to face the town in the distance. “Nothing. You may go...and I think I may take you up on that offer. Have a good afternoon, Celestia. Vanilla chai is my favorite tea, by the by; and I may stop by in the evening should you allow it.”

She...nodded. I was honestly expecting something for my out-of-character behavior.

“Of course. Enjoy your stay out here, Miste-”

“Dameion,” I interrupted. “Just call me Dameion, and drop the formal stuff. You’re not so bad, now that I’ve gotten to see this side to you. I look forward to our rendezvous this evening.”

“Why am I doing this!? What is there to gain from being nice!? It’s this planet...it HAS to be!”

“As do I, Dameion. Your tale of multiversal travelling should do wonders to calm me down...it has been a long day. And, for the first time since...well...forever, I want my day to end already.” Celestia dipped her head with a small grin and flew off the tower, making me sigh.

I punched myself in the face.

No, I did not hold back. No, it was not because I felt ashamed of my actions. And no, it definitely had nothing to do with the fact that I conversed with someone far longer than normal.

“This is strange. Why do I feel...warm around her? I just threatened her not even ten to twenty minutes ago! This means something, and I cannot figure it out! It’s irritating!”

----S----

I always hated the Royal Gardens.

The pollen was so potent, it made me sneeze even in places that were devoid of any flowers. Statues littered every nook and cranny of green as if they were tombstones for the fallen, and they looked just as tacky. I especially didn’t like the fact that over nine statues were built in the memory of Starswirl the Bearded. There were two statues of the Element Bearers, posed like they were during Twilight’s forum on the Portal of Truth, and the other statue has them in the air when they do that rainbow arc thing.

“It’s almost like this world was drafted for little girls or something...” I thought and chuckled, walking towards the middle of the gardens themselves. On my right were the accursed assortment of atrocious flowers, and I made damn sure to stay away from them. I was practically raping the hedges on my left, sliding along them while burying my face into their branches.

“Are you well,” Luna’s question was dubious in nature, making me snap my head out from the confines of prickers and roses. It’s a good thing roses aren’t too high in pollen, or else I would’ve sneezed. “It is not often that one sees a King with his head in a bush. Were I not sore from what transpired in the throne room, this situation would be quite humourous.”

Sheepishly, I turned my head to look at her.

“Yeah, she’s mad.”

“Oh yeah. Umm...sorry,” I offered and sunk my head down, keeping a sheepish smile on the whole time.

“We need to talk.”

Of course,” I responded with a sigh and roll of my eyes. I was promptly led into the Hedge Maze, down a couple of unfamiliar twists and turns, and into a square-cut resting spot. A marble bench sat in front of a fountain, with water coming out of the stony-Luna’s nostrils in the heart of the architecture.

I sat down on the left and folded my hands together, resing the ball of the digits within my lap just as Luna jumped up and laid down. Her face never looked so mad, and even with the ridiculous amounts of power and souls I’ve absorbed, I felt my skin crawl.

“Why come back? I suffered a horrendous amount of torment and pain, just to have you fake a takeover! Do you have any tact in that head of yours, Spike the Dragon!?” Luna’s sky-blue mane clashed heavily with her black coat, but in the midst of her outlashing, it shifted back to looking like the cosmos itself with a violent snap. Her reptilian stared into mine with heavy defiance and anger, and that’s when I knew something instantly.

“Luna...She still has feelings for me...”

I placed a hand over my face, covering my eyes and sighing. A feeling of stress came over me, and I didn’t need that now. “Hey, I said I was sorry. I mean what I say and I say what I mean; you know how I do things, Luna.”

“Colloquialism is not needed here. I need a reason! Why did you leave me here!? I wanted nothing short of the nest for you! How could you leave without a second thought; leave me wondering in the dark hours of my night, sometimes crying myself to sleep on first light, and come back five years later like nothing happened!? OF COURSE I WAS GOING TO BE CROSS!”

I was struck across the face with a blue-metal slipper. My face did not register pain or annoyance, but merely as if a fly had landed there. But, I rubbed my jaw anyway, giving a fake grunt of pain.

“WE WERE BOTH WRONGED; OUR HEARTS SHATTERED FROM THE FIRES OF WAR AND ASSUMPTION! EVERYTHING YOU WENT THROUGH, I DID AS WELL!” Luna crashed into me, sending me onto the dirt as I grimaced from the sudden force on my side.

She had my arms “pinned” to my sides with her forehooves, and her face was hovering just above mine as she stared into my eyes. “Why?”

I bit the bottom of my lip, knowing I have no real reason. There was no excuse for leaving her behind, and I even had the audacity to develop feelings for all the members of BABS and Sunset Shimmer during my time away.

“Whis is love so fucking complicated...”

“I’m sorry. There wasn’t a reason, Luna....and I’m sorry for that.” I turned my head so that I was facing the running fountain and marble bench. There, in that ephemeral moment, I found myself wishing that Luna was never subjected to what I had put her through. She didn’t have to find the Nightmare again, she didn’t have to be treated like a criminal, and she definitely doesn’t need someone like me holding her back with a love not meant to be.

I love you, Spike.

My eyes would’ve shot out and shattered the fountain if I was surprised by that confession any more. I slowly turned my head to face Luna, my jaw dropped in shock at the sincerity of her voice.

“I have always loved you. Could you not see that? I visited in your dreams before your banishment. I saw how you suffered the insult of being ignored for twenty long years. I t-told you that we were more a-alike than you know,” She started choking and tearing up. “We both know what it’s like to be ostracized and ignored by t-those we thought held us near their h-hearts. I had thought we could comfort each other, now that you were older.”

I couldn’t tear my eyes away from her crying blue ones. Luna’s tears felt like daggers through my chest as they impacted upon me, causing me to grimace at each one. My emotional wall was slain we she removed her forehooves from my arms and fell down on top of me, wailing into my shirt as I patted her head.

“Shhh,” I cooed. “It’s alright. Everything you said is completely true, and I don’t want you to think I never stopped caring about you. Back in Zistral, even if my memory is hazy, I can say that all those words and hateful rebuttals were nothing but the heat of the moment! I’m so sorry...” I lifted her head so that we were just staring at each other amidst our sniffling, her lips trembling like a stroke victim.

We simply stared at one another, and I felt a heat rush to my cheeks. Luna’s cheeks did the same, and the new addition of red only served to bring out her eyes more. It was almost as if they were sparkling now, and I didn’t want this moment to ever end.

I could tell that we both wanted each other right then and there; to renew the vow we made all the way back in the Crystal Kingdom. The promise we made on the Canterlot Train Station. We had sealed the start of this relationship with a-

Luna’s mouth smacked into mine. The taste that’s been haunting me since I left returned in a serious rush, filling my senses with blueberries and spring nights. The hand I had on her head pressed her down more as our tongues wrestled for dominance within her mouth, and she moaned in delight and satisfaction.

She wanted this too....wanted me.

We pulled apart with a wet pot, both of us breathing heavily. The blush had completely taken over her face, and her eyes began glistening with affection instead of lust. She wanted me for who I was and not what I could do.

Luna...really loves me.

“You have a choice,” Luna purred. “You can either have me here, or we go back to my chambers. There is no grey area.”

I growled seductively; an action that caused her to shiver against my chest. “In the garden? My my my, it’s like you know my heart or something.” I grinned and leaned forward, biting the side of her neck hard enough for stimulation while avoiding bloodshed.

The word “melted” is not enough to symbolize what Luna did. “Yesss~” She hissed in passion.

I detached myself from her sensitive neck and pecked her cheek. “I know a great way to make up for our lost time, Mooncakes. I plan on rutting some years off of you today.”

Author's Note:

And here's chapter two! Trust me when I say that chapter three deals with BABS, Spike, and Dameion.

Infer from that what you will!

Stay tuned and tell me how I did!