• Published 7th Oct 2013
  • 739 Views, 3 Comments

The Tale of Ghost - GhostlyDarkness



It's a story of Ghost, the head of the elite royal guards and his origin and story

  • ...
1
 3
 739

Time for a Frightful Fight #7

The rest of the days seemed to pass by quickly before it was what appeared to be time for the battle that would soon ensue.

“Alright everypony gather up!” Ghost shouted for the guards to listen. “It’s time for the siege on the Crystal Empire, most of the ground troops are already stationed not far from the empire, the pegasi will rendezvous with them shortly. The princesses and I will lead the remaining ground troops to provide support after the battle starts” he said looking to see that every soldier was prepared.

They saluted before marching off and the pegasi flew off to aid the ground forces that were going to start the attack.

Ghost looked for the princesses, he needed to talk to them. He found them talking to some guards before noticing Ghost approach them.

“Princesses, who exactly runs the Crystal Empire at this time and why are they attacking?” he asked curiously.

Princess Celestia looked down at Ghost “we’ve found out recently that it’s King Sombra who’s been sending troops out to raid cities, he used dark magic to take over the empire so the citizens and troops of the empire are all brainwashed and used to do his bidding. So we need to dethrone him to break the spell he has on them” she said in a serious tone.

Ghost nodded “we should begin moving the battle most likely started by now” he said to the princess.

They nodded before following Ghost to the carriage that flew off towards into what seemed like a desolate snow land. In the distance Ghost could make out the image of what seemed to be a quite huge castle surrounded by small homes. But as they came closer the castle appeared to be as if it was made up of large black crystals that shone with a sinister glow. He remembered that Smokey had talked about the Crystal Empire as if it was a beautiful place that was made up of the most beautiful crystals and gems, but it didn’t look that way.

“Why does it look that way?” he asked Celestia.

“Dark magic corrupted everything in the kingdom and turned it into that” she said looking quite serious.

They finally landed and saw the scene of the battle taking place the princesses looked at Ghost “we’re going to go confront Sombra, clear a path to the entrance to the kingdom” they said before flying off to the top of the castle and entering through a balcony.

Ghost looked at the battle that was taking place, it was too cluttered to dash through or use any kind of weapon to get through without getting hurt. He sighed before concentrating hard hoping an enemy wouldn’t notice and come for him. He fabricated a giant sword and seemed to get larger as he concentrated, as soon as it reached a massive, behemoth size before he let the sword swing down onto the battlefield. A path quickly appeared as soon as the sword was about to hit the ground.

Ghost quickly darted through the space where he saw confused and enraged faces watch him.

An enemy soldier stopped in front of him and swung his spear at him. Ghost ducked and drew his sword into a slash right through the soldier’s armor. He watched as the soldier fell into a pool of his own blood. Ghost stepped over and slipped into the castle’s entrance. To his surprise there were no guards inside of the castle, instead he was met by a piercing silence that seemed to separate itself from the raging torrent of a battle outside.

Ghost sheathed his sword and continued looking around the castle, it looked as if evil itself was embodied into the castle. Black crystals seemed to poke through the floor the deeper he traveled into the castle. He traveled up countless staircases before he heard slight clanging of weapons.

He soon came into a wide room where he saw Celestia fighting against a black stallion. Celestia wielded what appeared to be a war axe that clanged against a great sword that seemed to be made up of the black crystals growing everywhere. The sword was huge for one stallion to wield it as easily as the stallion did. He guessed that this was the King Sombra they had told him about. Ghost noticed that Luna was nowhere to be seen and he found this strange, but shrugged it off and needed to help Celestia. Ghost ran into the room drawing his sword into a diagonal slash at the stallion.

Sombra noticed and at the last second dashed backwards to dodge his slash. Out of the corner of Ghost’s eye he saw a dark blue figure laying on the floor, he assumed it was Luna.

Ghost needed to focus on the battle in front of him “Celestia please take Luna and get out of here quick I’ll do my best” he shouted not taking his eyes of Sombra.

“But---“she objected.

“But nothing, it’s my job to protect you and Luna and that’s what Im doing now go!” he interrupted her. He didn’t like being this way especially towards the princess, but there was no other choice.

Celestia frowned before nodding and heading over to Luna. She picked her up and ran out of the room.

Ghost focused entirely on Sombra now who seemed to be laughing.

“What’s so funny” Ghost growled.

“You foolish child, you are foolish to give up your life so easily” he laughed.

Ghost tensed up “Im not dead ye—“ he didn’t get to finish before Sombra dashed up to him at lightning speed holding the edge of the blade up to Ghost’s neck.

“You will be soon” he whispered into his ear.

Ghost could see Luna on the floor before him, she was gushing blood and lying motionless.

Tears welled up in his eyes “Luna? Luna?!” he asked frantically prodding her body. She was unresponsive, until she began to rise slowly.

“You….did this…to…me” she said in raspy cold voice. “You….it’s….your…fault” she continued saying.

Ghost backed away slowly “no..no…No!” he yelled before he broke into tears. He looked down and looked back to see her holding a scythe above his head.

“You…will…die” she groaned out the words.

Before the scythe bore down onto him he heard his name being yelled “Ghost!” it cried. Ghost snapped out of the trance he was put into and noticed Celestia’s axe had blocked a slash from Sombra’s great sword.

The colliding weapons were inches away from his face, he blinked before backing up.

“What happened?” he asked before picking his sword back up to charge at Sombra.

“I’ll explain later” Celestia said before backing up.

Together they waged war against the stallion before they finally were able to disarm him. Sombra’s sword flew behind them and slid near the door. Ghost and Celestia held out their weapons pointed at him.

“You lose, give up or we will end you!” Ghost demanded.

“Never” Sombra said in a low growl. Ghost raised his sword and slashed down onto Sombra, but Sombra burst into a cloud of dark smoke that seemed to flee out of the room.

Ghost looked at Celestia “how did you know to come back for me?” he asked slightly panting.

“I didn’t Luna told me to go back for you” she said smiling slightly.

“Well how come I saw this sort of vision then?” he asked again.

“Sombra has the ability to make you see your darkest fears and he used it on you, which is why you suddenly froze up” she said with slight concern.

“What did you see?” she asked.

“I’ll tell you later, is the battle over?” he asked walking with her out of the room.

“Yes” she said nodding, “although we suffered losses we still won and the crystal ponies are snapping out of Sombra’s spell over them.

They came outside, to their surprise to see the whole crystal empire including the ponies disappearing before their very eyes. Confusion ensnared everypony, they didn’t know what was going on. Before they knew it they vanished into thin air and the whole kingdom with it. They all looked around to see if anything was around, all they could find was a small black crystal that was left behind in which they took back with them to the castle.