• Published 7th Oct 2013
  • 739 Views, 3 Comments

The Tale of Ghost - GhostlyDarkness



It's a story of Ghost, the head of the elite royal guards and his origin and story

  • ...
1
 3
 739

Start of a New Life #2

This happened on a daily basis until one day he ran away from where he was staying, he wasn’t sure where he was going. Sadness followed him constantly and loneliness accompanied him. Soon, these emotions became second nature and he began to enjoy them, he didn’t have to worry about the other kids teasing him or having to go to school. Soon he came upon a blacksmith’s shop on the outskirts of town and took up being an apprentice there. It was constant hard work, especially on a still young colt but through determination he fought through exhaustion. Something he enjoyed was playing and testing the blacksmith’s newly created weapons.

The blacksmith’s whose name was Smokey taught him basic fighting techniques with long swords, knives, axes, maces, hammers, and many other weapons. The colt loved to spend his free- time practicing fighting and occasionally he and Smokey would spar together. Smokey then named the young colt Ghost because of his appearance.

“You’re getting better Ghost, you pretty much had me beat” Smokey’s raspy voice broke the silent stand-off between them.

Ghost smiled “I learned from you” he said happily.

“I would like to give you something, I forged it from the strongest metals and infused it with crystals found in the Crystal Empire and had a unicorn enchant it” Smokey said nudging a wrapped long sword over to him. The sheath was bathed in design and looked stunning.

Ghost nudged the blade out slowly before using his magic to levitate it and fully unsheathe it. “Oh my, it’s a beautiful Damascus forged blade” he said in awe looking at the blade with a shocked expression.

“It’s a one of a kind and I believe you deserve it after all your true talent isn’t blacksmithing, it’s fighting and defending” Smokey said in a soft whispering voice. “I know you’ll do great things with this weapon, maybe you should join the royal guards” he proposed looking at the setting sun.

Ghost’s mouth opened wide “do you think I’ll get in…?” he asked still not taking his eyes off the blade.

“Yes” was Smokey’s only answer with a battered smile.