• Published 7th Oct 2013
  • 739 Views, 3 Comments

The Tale of Ghost - GhostlyDarkness



It's a story of Ghost, the head of the elite royal guards and his origin and story

  • ...
1
 3
 739

Call of Destiny #4

A day came by when he found himself walking through an icy tundra, the cold wind blowing through making him shiver and shake. Something suddenly caught his attention and he burst into a galloping sprint. As he came closer and closer he could hear sounds of clanging weapons and shrieks, cries, and shouts of what appeared to be a fierce battle raging on. Ghost came close enough to see what was happening, he could see what appeared to be the royal guards fighting a battle with another set of soldiers. He also noticed that two alicorns stayed up in the air watching the battle and sending out occasional blasts down onto the opposing army.

Ghost sighed “maybe I could join the battle and impress them and they might recruit me” he thought happily.

Ghost went over the spells he learned a couple weeks ago, they would come in handy here. Ghost drew his sword using his magic and galloped fiercely into the fray, right before he ran into the crowd he cast a spell that allowed him to move at lightning quick speed. He quickly dashed between groups of the soldiers slashing at them as he zipped by. By the time he reached the other side of the fray he had cut down the whole front line. The back of the opposing army retreated at the sight of this, but the bulk of the army concentrated on him now charging at him. They were all earth ponies wielding spears at their sides. There were too many grouped up for him to take at once, he needed to disperse them. Ghost then cast another spell to create two giant axes which he found very hard to hold using his magic.

He sheathed his sword and with all his might he swung downwards at the charging forces and then slashed horizontally with the other axe. His plan worked to an extent, he dispersed the soldiers from their charge, but he left himself vulnerable to an attack. Three soldiers were charging at him again and he couldn’t draw his sword in time with the axes still out. He flinched as a sudden bolt of dark blue magic struck the soldiers in front of him. One of the alicorns saved him, he nodded to say thanks before taking his sword back out to finish off the rest of the soldiers who were left. After the battle he could see bodies, blood, weapons, and armor lying all over the snow. The sight saddened him, the royal guards had great losses and looked as if they would’ve been overwhelmed if he hadn’t came along. As he watched the royal guards take away injured soldiers the white alicorn approached him, she had a mane made of rainbows and a sun on her flank. “That was a brave and amazing thing you did” she said giving him a soft smile.

“Thanks” Ghost responded with a slight sigh. Two royal guards pointed their spears at him. The white alicorn raised a wing, they looked at Ghost before going back to helping the injured.

“Why was there a battle here for?” Ghost asked curiously.

The alicorn sighed “the crystal empire has been taken over and their ruler has commanded the armies to go and try to take cities as they go, we came and cut them off but their forces were pretty tough even for our highest ranking troops” she said sounding concerned. “But then you came and changed the tide of the battle” she said smiling.

“It’s my pleasure…um who are you?” he said looking dumfounded because he forgot to ask for her name.

“Oh forgive me, but my name is Princess Celestia” she said with a slight laugh.

“Oh I should say forgive me! Princess, I didn’t address you correctly” Ghost said before bowing respectfully.

The dark blue alicorn came over to join them “our forces don’t have too many casualties” she said to Celestia. Then she turned her attention towards Ghost “why hello there subject” she said with a small smile.

Ghost bowed once again “then you must be Princess Luna I presume, thank you for saving me back there” he said smiling.

She nodded slightly, “where did you learn to fight like that?” she asked looking at him suspiciously. “Well…um from this book an old mare gave to me while I was traveling” he said motioning to the book still strapped onto his back.

Celestia and Luna gave him a slight stare before nodding.

“Well we don’t know the name of the stallion who helped us win this battle” Celestia smiled.

“My name is Ghost” he said looking away.

“What’s the matter Ghost?” Luna asked looking at him.

“Im a bit flustered to be in both of your prescence’s, I wanted to join the royal guards ever since I was a little colt” he said avoiding eye contact with them.

“I see, well we could use you and we do have an upcoming battle to siege the Crystal Empire” Luna said.

Celestia nodded “it’s not for another two weeks and until then you’re welcome to stay at the castle in Canterlot with us” she said resting a hoof on his shoulder.

Ghost’s eyes lit up with excitement “really?” he said with excitement laced in his voice. His eyes shifted over to Luna, she looked at him for a second before looking away.

His heart lept at what he was about to say “yes” he forced himself to say with a smile.

Celestia nodded before heading towards the carriage to fly back to Canterlot.

Ghost turned back to Luna “again thank you Princess for saving me” he said smiling.

“Oh you can just call me Luna, Ghost” she said with a smile on her face before walking past him to the carriage her wing grazed underneath his chin and rubbed across his neck before she left.

Ghost shivered with happiness and followed behind her.