• Published 7th Oct 2013
  • 739 Views, 3 Comments

The Tale of Ghost - GhostlyDarkness



It's a story of Ghost, the head of the elite royal guards and his origin and story

  • ...
1
 3
 739

Friends for Life #5

When they arrived in Canterlot it was turning to dusk, he looked over to Luna to see her concentrating hard.

“What’s she doing?” he whispered to Celestia.

“She raises the moon at night, I raise the day when night’s over, it’s been that way since as long as we can remember” she said softly.

Ghost watched Luna “so she makes the nights” he thought to himself. Ghost looked at the inside of the castle, it was massive and he couldn’t believe that he was even setting hoof inside of it. “This place is huge” he said looking around.

“We get that a lot” Celestia said giggling. Ghost smirked, “well where should I go rest?” he asked looking around.

“Well we have a room right next to Luna’s room, you can stay there” Celestia said smiling.

Ghost looked down and blushed, “are you sure, I don’t want to impose” he said not being able to look back up.

Celestia smiled “will that be a problem?” she asked in a playful tone.

Ghost shook his head slowly.

“Don’t worry Luna will be back pretty soon” Celestia continued teasing as she led the way to his room. It was a plain room with a balcony leading outside and a small bookshelf on the side with a table nearby.

“Thank you for all that you’re doing for me” Ghost bowed to Celestia.

Celestia smiled “it’s no problem and you should also thank Luna, she wanted you to come back here” she said before leaving the room.

Ghost was faced with a new feeling he felt toward Luna, he was confused because he never felt this way before.

Ghost sighed and rested his sword against the wall before heading to the balcony. He looked off at the starry night sky with the moon raised high in the sky.

“It’s almost as beautiful as her” he thought to himself. He closed his eyes and smiled at the thought of Luna “oh she’s such a beauty” he said enjoying the thought of her rolling through his mind.

“Who is?” Luna approached Ghost from behind.

“Um…somepony I was thinking about sorry I was sorta thinking aloud” he said looking flustered.

Luna smiled softly, “alright, anyway I have something for you to do in the morning and be prepared so get a good night’s rest” she said before leaving the room.

“Luna?” Ghost called right before she was ready to step out of the room.

“Yes?” she answered. “I like watching the beautiful nights you make and thank you for making them” he said not taking his eyes off the sky.

Luna smiled before walking to her room. Ghost smiled before going to the middle of his room and lying down on the floor before drifting off into sleep.