• Published 29th Sep 2013
  • 5,186 Views, 78 Comments

Queen of Crystals - BrightKnight 42



The Princesses have been hiding something

  • ...
7
 78
 5,186

C2: Lost Memories

[

Queen of Crystals

By: BrightKnight 42

Edited by:Bringer of Despair

Preread By: Clyde

Chapter 2: Lost Memories



Cadence was walking down the Crystal palace Dungeon walking toward a lit up cell. As she came up to the cell door she looked in to see a gray unicorn stallion with a charcoal black mane and tail sitting in the far corner of the cell.

"What are you doing here?" Asked Sombra looking over his shoulder at the pony at the cell door.

"I am here to see you. You may be an enemy of the empire but you are still a pony and my father." Exclaimed Cadence opening the cell door and walking in with a tray of food in her magic.

Sombra looked at the food and back at Cadence who had a smile on her face "Why are you being so nice to me Cadence." Asked Sombra taking the food from her magic and setting it next to him.

"Because you are my father and mom would have done the same if she was the one holding you here." Said Cadence sitting next to her father as he started to eat his food, but she still had a smile on her face.

“So what now? What is going to happen to me and what is going to happen to your mother." Asked Sombra looking over to Cadence after taking a couple of bites of his food.

Cadence looked at the ground then back at her father and said "Well after today mom will be back because Celestia and Luna will be here soon and they will be bring her back to us. I know they will." After she said that her smile disappeared. "But when they do bring mom is back, Celestia and Luna are going to keep you away from her and me and that is before they let her see you after she know what you have done." Now tears started coming down Cadence's face.

As soon as Sombra saw his daughter start to crying he stopped eating. Then moved closer and pulled her into a hug "Cadence what is wrong?" but all he got was loud sobs from her. “Cadence i can't help you if you don't tell me.” said Sombra but he still got nothing out of her. “Please tell me Cadence, I might not be your mother but you still can tell me.” but all he got was Cadence still crying uncontrollably.

After a couple of minutes Cadence's crying slowed a little bit and Sombra was still holding her. "Are you ok to talk about what's wrong Cadence?"

Cadence looked up at her father and not only was she to see her father was turning back into his normal self but the purple mist had completely disappeared but as she remembered that he was still under the control of dark magic and started to sob while giving her explanation. "I missed you and mom for the last thousand years. I have been alone this entire time not having a mother to comfort me when I was sad or depressed. No father to protect me from danger. No family to come to when I needed support. All I had was me and as soon as to you came back I fought with you. Which i am very sorry about but what really makes me sad is that and now you and mom will forced to fight with each other."

Sombra just pulled Cadence into a tighter hug and said "shh it is alright. You and I both know it will never get to that. Your mother loves me and you all the same. If i know her she will make sure that we are all together some how so please don't be like this i don't like seeing you cry.”

Cadence stayed in her father's embrace until she heard a somepony behind her and Sombra being removed from the hug and thrown against cell wall. She looked at where Sombra was and only to see her husband pressing him against the wall. “Shining what are you doing?"

"I’m protecting you. He was hurting you and-" said Shining only to get cut off by Cadence yelling at him

"Let him go now Shining. He was just giving me a hug." Yelled Cadence angrily at her husband who quickly released Sombra and put him back on the ground.

"W-w-why was he giving you a hug?" Asked Shining stunned on how his wife reacted.

"He was giving me a hug because I was falling apart and he has full right to give me a hug anyway because he is my father and-" Cadence said only to be cut off by Shining armor

"What!!!! What do you mean that he is your father. Y-y-you have to be lieing there is no way that you can be the daughter of him." Screamed Shining and pointing at Sombra

"Shining I am not lying. He is my father and before you ask Celestia told me to never tell this secret to anypony that includes you. Now tell me what you were doing down here before you throw my father into the wall.” said Cadence moving over to Sombra to see if he was ok and trying to change the subject.

Shining just stared at Sombra angrily and spook “I came down here to tell you that Princess Celestia and Luna have arrived and waiting for you.”

“Ok i will be there to meet them in the throne room in a little bit and let them i will be up soon.” said Cadence sitting down next the her father again

“ok Cadence but please be careful i still don't trust him as you do” Said Shining moving over to giving Cadence a kiss and turning around to walk out of the cell.

Sombra raised an eyebrow at the sight of his daughter kissing Shining Armor and as Cadence look at her fathers questioning look she started to blush "If you want to know anything about Shining you are going to wait till mom is back she might be about to help me to explain this to you.”

"Mhm" Was all that came out of Sombra's mouth as he started to eat again and starring where Shining Armor had just left.


(Some where else in the castle)

Twilight was looking around in the Crystal Palaces private library, which Cadence had shown her and her friends before walking off to do something but Twilight and her friends stayed behind but the only pony moving around the library was Twilight and her friend were sitting around a table in the middle of the room wondering why Twilight was acting the way she was.

As the five pony's and one dragon watched as the lavender unicorn ran around the library and tearing it apart trying to find something.

"Hey Twi are you alright?" Asked Rainbow dash

"Ya I am. Why wouldn't I be alright? I just have to find something." Answered Twilight removing more books off the shelves

"What are you looking for darling? We might be able to help find it." Said Rarity as she moved over to Twilight

"I'm sorry girls but I don't think that you would be able to help." Said Twilight pulling another set of books off the shelves

"What do you mean we can't help you?" Asked Rainbow Dash

"Because really don't know what I am looking for an the only reason I am taking the place apart is because I feel like I have been here before." Said Twilight taking another set of books off the shelf and as Twilight looked over to see she only had two shelfs left.

“Then why are you taking apart the library it was-” but Rainbow Dashs argument was halted as Twilight had just pulled out another set of books but to get a bright flash to happen on the other side of the library revealing a hall with Three doors down it.

“Twilight Darling what did you just find?” Asked Rarity as she looked down the hall with the rest of the Ponies.

“I don't know but lets find out.” said Twilight moving down the hall to see what is in the rooms but as Twilight started to approach the first room her head started to hurt. Then she opened the room to see it it had a mix of Gray and Purple she looked around to see a large and a with both colors mix in the middle producing a lite pink

“Oh sweet Celestia this room is just fabulous.” Said Rarity looking at all the designs in the room “Twilight i can't believe you found this this must have been lost to time.” Rarity turn around to congratulate Twilight but all she saw was her other friend standing behind her.

“Um Girls, Spike where did Twilight go?” asked Rarity looking around to find Twilight

They all gave a confused look Noticing Twilight was not with them any more “ i think she went outside room.” said Spike pointing to the door

They walked out to see that Twilight was on the ground with her hooves on her head in front of another room when they looked in they saw a small fillies room with pink everywhere and Toys scattered around. They looked back at Twilight who still had her hooves on her head after Spike saw the pain she was in he moved over to her and put a claw around her. “Twilight are you alright?”

“Yes…. i am…. we just…. need to…. see what…. is in the…. next room.” Said Twilight getting up slowly with one hoof on her head

“Twilight you are not in the condition to see the next room lets get you to the room Cadence gave us on our stay and you can rest.” said Spike stopping Twilight in her Tracks

“No Spike…. I have…. to see…. what is…. in the room.” she said as she lit up her horn and opening the door once she looked in her heart stopped and stared inside the room

Spike saw that Twilight had stopped and ran up to her and said “Twilight are you alright why are you just standing there?”he said before looking inside to room and saw why Twilight Stopped in her tracks. in side was two sets of regalia on for a filly and another for a adult mare. he looked back at Twilight to see she was moving back toward the library and said “I have to find Cadence.” as she ran off toward the throne room


Cadence sat on the throne and Celestia and Luna were talking to her “... and where is Twilight right now?” said Luna

“She is somewhere in the castle i think she is in the library.” said Cadence

“What do you mean she is somewhere in the castle.” Yell Luna

“I left her-” but she was cut off by the throne room doors bursting open and Twilight Running over to Cadence and pulling her into a hug.

Cadence looked down and saw that Twilight had tears in her eyes and she pulled Twilight into a bigger hug and asked “What is wrong Twilight?”

All she heard was “I remember.” and she look at Celestia and Luna with as if the world had just ended.

Author's Note:

Here it is the Chapter you have been waiting for. Next Chapter will be up in......... Sometime........... i really don't know when.

Let me know if you find any errors.