• Published 5th Oct 2013
  • 566 Views, 13 Comments

A New View on Manehattan - Bookworm Guardian



Twilight and the gang go to Manehattan and meet some... interesting new people.

  • ...
1
 13
 566

Emerald Eyes and Smoky Rooms

Manehattan.

"Its... amazing!" said Twilight in something like awe. The others were similarly struck, save for Applejack, who had seen it at a young age.

That's not to say it wasn't beautiful to her. Dusk was settling on the city, casting a fiery glow onto the streets, which was aided further by the streetlamps littered about the cobblestone roadways. All around was the hustle and bustle of people doing the things people do at dusk. The Statue of Harmony stood proud in the distance, its flame shaped crystal casting its prismatic shine in the dying light. All in all, it was an awe-inspiring scene.

Twilight took the map from her backpack, which she had worn specifically to hide her wings, and quickly located the shop.

"Alright girls, the workshop should be on this side of town," she said as she pointed to a place on the right side of the map. Applejack visibly shuddered.

"You OK, AJ?" asked Rainbow Dash, concern sparking in her cyan eyes.

"Ah'm fine. It's just... Aunt and Uncle Orange always told me that that part of town was rotten," said the farm-girl, nervously picking at a rolled up sleeve on her work shirt.

Oh, come now, it can't be that bad, can it?" inquired Rarity as she straightened her dress for the umpteenth time.

"Ah wouldn't know. Never been."

"Look, we'll figure this out on the way. We need to get to the shop before it closes," said Twilight as she put the map back into her bag.

"Alright. Lets go!" said Rainbow, already ready to move.

--------------------------------___________________________________________________________--------------------------------

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

This conversation between Rainbow and Twilight had gone on for the better part of an hour. Unable to find a taxi, the six had been forced to walk all the way to the Workshop. Manehattan was beautiful and all, but given that two sentence conversation for a long enough time, anything would lose its magic. Even Pinkie had started to twitch in annoyance. Finally, Rarity had had enough.

"Would you two please be so kind as to stop that? The rest of us are trying to not lose our marbles!"

Twilight stared at the blued eyed woman, shocked by her uncharacteristic outburst. RD chose to harrumph, looking at anything but the clear blue eyes of the fashionista.

"Um... is that the place?" asked Fluttershy, pointing at a two story brick and mortar building with three interlocked gears painted on the door. The sign above the door advertised the Tick Tock Workshop.

"THAT'S IT!" yelled Twilight as she sprinted towards the building as fast as her uniform would allow. The others followed shortly after.

One beat passed.

Two.

Pinkie took the initiative and walked in, yelling a loud, "Heeellllloooooo~!" as she did so. Twilight calmly walked in, facepalming at Pinkie's sheer... Pinkie-ness. She rung the bell at the Service window.

No response. The girls took the time to survey their surroundings. The walls were the same brick and mortar as the outside, and the floor and ceiling were wood. There was a painting on a fixture on the left wall, a beautifully captured artpiece of a lush garden that seemed to add personality to the otherwise barren waiting room, save for a few comfy looking chairs.

The door to the right of the Service Window seemed to open of its own volition. The girls looked to it as they heard the sound of rolling wheels coming in their direction. Out of the shadows came a person in a gray hoodie, his hood up, back to them, rolling in on a backwards faced swivel chair. He was crossing the threshold of the door...

Only for the frame of said door to catch on one of the chair's wheels, sending him sprawling. He grunted as he picked himself and the chair up, asking if they would kindly wait as he tried that again, all the while muttering about how it "wasn't quite right yet". He slunk back into the shadows again and repeated the procedure two more times, both with the same result.

Is this guy for real?, thought Twilight and the others.

The man dusted himself off and pushed his hood back, revealing chocolate brown hair that framed deep emerald eyes, which were subsequently covered by square, wire framed glasses. He looked at the girls, a cocky smile plastered on his face.

"Greetings. I'm Tinker Tock. How may I be of assistance?"

Author's Note:

And thus Tinker arrives on the scene! There'll be more to come with him, as well as a few others!

PS: Soul Eater fans will recognize Tinker's entrance... =w=