• Published 25th Sep 2013
  • 3,401 Views, 190 Comments

Equestria, I Choose You! - BronyDJ



Pokemon/MLP Crossover. Stephen, a very talented Pokemon Trainer, gets teleported to Equestria, where he knows he doesn't belong. He will however, learn that his being there is no coincidence.

  • ...
10
 190
 3,401

Chapter 12: How to Stop an Invasion

Chapter edited by Element 6147, the new prereader and editor. Thanks a lot, man!


Celestia, Luna, Chrysalis, and the Elements of Harmony stood at a balcony overlooking a vast, dry plain that covered a large area of land between Canterlot and the unknown region known as the Badlands, Chrysalis' former home. They watched as a lone, bipedal figure stood on the plain, waiting. Stephen had taken his time to prepare his Pokémon, something Chrysalis, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie had never experienced. He also had Celestia command the Royal Guard to make a defensive wall behind him in case his plan failed, which seemed unlikely.

“Does the man have any weapons?” Chrysalis asked. “He doesn't have a sword, lance, or a spear, and I doubt such an alien is able to cast spells like we can.”

“While he does not have the ability to use magic or fly on his own,” Celestia answered her as she intently watched the lone Trainer on the field. In one part of her mind, she couldn't believe she was speaking civilly with the queen who defeated her a year ago. “He has a certain way of dealing with enemies. One, I’m ashamed to admit, that even I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of. Immortality doesn't mean you can’t feel pain." As the last words left the Princess’s lips, the horizon ahead began to darken. A large cloud had appeared, and it began to grow in size as it came closer to the capital city.

One changeling, known as General False Swipe, saw a lone figure standing on the field ahead of his changeling army. He pointed at the creature, and the whole army landed several hundred yards away from Stephen. The latter smiled, then reached for a Pokéball.

~~~~Stephen's POV~~~~

“So,” I called out to the large army, “You're supposed to be the fearsome Changeling army here to destroy Canterlot?” I tried remaining calm, one Pokéball in hand. This army was huge. “I'm sure I'll be able to take you all down all on my own.”

Was I being cocky? Maybe. But it was all I could do to keep from sounding afraid.

“You?” A loud, authoritative voice called out. “A hairless monkey who thinks he's special because he can talk? We're the very same army that nearly conquered that city a year ago. This time, Canterlot will fall. Brothers!” It turned to his army. “Prepare the charge! Today we conquer Canterlot in the glory of Master Corruption!”

“I'm going to give you all three warnings!” I called out, catching their complete attention. “This is your first: turn back now and desert your Master's plans, and no one will have to be hurt today.”

“The only one that will be hurt,” General False Swipe responded. “Is you, you bloody ape! Advance, now! A-Team, to the air! B-Team, advance on the ground with me!”

The grip on the Pokéball in my hand loosened. These Changelings only saw me, but I had six more members of my personal army with me; five on my belt, and one in my hand.

“This is your second warning!” I yelled. “If you don’t stop right now, you’ll give me no choice! I will have to start decimating your entire army. We can negotiate the terms of surrender with Corruption!”

“We have only one term.” Swipe answered again. “We will tear Canterlot down, brick by golden brick!” The army advanced a few more yards, and I smirked as they stepped into the perfect range.

“This is your last warning!” I cautioned, holding out his Pokéball as menacingly as possible. “Don't make me use these! I have no problem with taking you all down if you don't cease your advance!”

“Ignore the ape!” the General grew more irritated than before. “It's just a toy! Run him through, and move on to Canterlot!” The army started to move faster. About half of the Changelings took to the air, while the rest stayed on the ground. There had to be at least 800 of them. I took another look at the Pokéballs with me. Maple’s ball shook; she was raring to go.

I warned them. I thought with a smirk. Just like the all those “Teams” in each region. They never listen. I tossed out my first Pokéball and out popped a certain Pokémon.

“Leafeon!” she cried. The Changeling army stopped and started to laugh. Maple growled audibly. She was getting mad enough that she could probably rout the army without any help from the others.

“What is that?” One of the invaders said, chortling. “Some kind of freak cat? Is that your little pretty pet?”

They mocked Maple to the point where she had already started charging her SolarBeam. The sun was out, so the ball of energy the beam would be released from grew quickly. I noticed this and before Maple fired, I interrupted her. She held the attack, but looked to me.

“Maple,” I said. “Make sure to fire on my command, and make it sweep across them, okay?”

Maple nodded a quick affirmation. When I turned my attention back to the Changelings, they had sobered up from their laughter and continued advancing, grinning menacingly at their targets. A few of the smarter ones kept their eyes on the bright orb of light in front of the Leafeon.

“Now, Maple!” I called out, pointing at the army, “Use SolarBeam!” Even before I had gotten the word “use” out fully, she had unleashed a pure beam of solar energy, and it swept across the army, and when the dust settled, several lines of the Changelings were laid out. They were unconscious, but the others didn't know that and began panicking. Now completely confident, I released my other five Pokémon. The army looked from each of them, from the fearsome Tempest and Reaper, to Nova and Volta and balked at their new enemies.

“It matters not!” I heard their leader shout once more. “We must attack Canterlot! Do this, brothers, and Lord Corruption will reward us with bounties we’ve never imagined!”

“Alright, everyone.” I was now talking to each of my Pokémon. “Rush the army. They can't hurt you, because Celestia cast some kind of spell over you. It’s a blessing of sorts.” My Pokémon seemed to understand this; Nova and Patrician more than the others. I looked to the Changeling army again; they’d regrouped, no doubt attempting to formulate new strategies against their powerful opponents.

“Maple,” The Leafeon stood ready. “You’re small – use that to your advantage. SolarBeam takes a bit to charge, so use it sparingly. Mix Quick Attack, Leaf Blade, and Iron Tail, and use them as close combat. When you can, find some room and hit them with your other Special Attacks.” I turned to the next Pokémon. “Volta, I’ll need you to stay near the edge of the battle and keep them from getting closer. Do whatever you can.” Volta saluted with an affirmative noise. Patrician stood ready for orders. “Patrician, utilize that speed Arcanine are famous for. Cover Maple like you’re defending Growlithe pups.” Patrician nodded in understanding and went to Maple’s side. Tempest roared, and I smiled as his roar made part of the Changeling army retreat a couple dozen steps. Gyarados are usually nice Pokémon, but it’s their natural angry look that makes people wary of them. Not to mention in the wild, they’re very territorial, which is why most Trainers get them by catching Magikarp. “Tempest, get to the center and scatter them with your power; that will make these guys easier to beat for everyone.” When I turned to Reaper, I nearly gasped in fear. Hydreigon are fighters to the core, and they’re an asset on almost any team. My fear wasn’t because I almost had forgotten I even had Reaper; there was no way I could forget. It was because Reaper looked almost primal, as if I hadn’t tamed him. “Reaper, keep the Changelings’ air forces occupied. You’re strong; you can handle it. Help the others when they call for you.” Now to my last, strongest Pokémon. “Nova…” I paused. Nova was used to battle, and I had to remind myself that she was protected. My mind briefly flashed back to the Everfree Forest. In her corrupted state, Nova had mentioned Kara, but not like a friend – she had been speaking like a jealous ex. It was weird, but it was scary at the same time. I shook my head and looked at my first Pokémon – my little sister. “Stay near me. Get any of those Changelings that get past Volta, okay?”

“Stephen, I –” Nova began, her voice in my head.

“I know you can do more, but for a battle like this, it’s best for you not to get overwhelmed. Back Volta up.” Nova smiled and nodded at me, going to Volta’s left. Once again, I looked to the Changeling army, which was advancing once again. I stood by my Pokémon, feeling as invincible as Celestia had made them. “Ready, everyone?” They stood at my sides, three to my left and three to my right. “Charge!”

Immediately, Patrician used Extreme Speed and met a group of Changelings. They collectively gasped at the Pokémon's suddenly closure of distance and screeched in pain as Patrician unleashed a scorching Flamethrower. Maple was not far behind her battle partner and used Leaf Blade to knock away two Changelings diving at the Arcanine from above. As the Changeling army advanced, its left flank was quickly being swept away by endless waves of blazing flames and razor-like leaves. Reaper soared high and collided with a Changeling with his Dragon Rush. It was knocked out and was sent flying into its brethren, after which more of the bug-winged hybrids gave chase after the Dragon Pokémon.

Tempest used Waterfall to meet the army in its center, and began thrashing around with Aqua Tail, sending more and more Changelings flying, then let loose a sweeping Hydro Pump. The Gyarados roared again after the devastating attack, forcing more members of the army into submission. Volta followed after, her hand (I guess) sparking wildly. She punched the first Changeling and followed it up with a Fire Punch to another. Maple Quick Attack-ed her way to one Changeling and sent it flying with the same attack. She then spun around and slammed an Iron Tail right into the face of a speeding Changeling, who had swooped low to grab the Grass type. It rolled to the ground, unconscious while Maple smirked in triumph before finding another target.

Nova stayed by my side initially like I’d asked her, but she began moving forward and fired off a Shadow Ball which landed among a large group of Changelings. The small explosion from the move’s impact resulted in several Changelings lying unconscious. She then charged in herself, synchronizing a Thunder Punch with Volta and took out two separate adversaries. They continued taking down solider after soldier, and at one point, Nova let off a strong Psychic attack against a small group of Changelings, sending them back more than 300 feet.

After about 10 minutes or so, I called my Pokémon back for a rest, and General Swipe's army regrouped. Their “death” total was a lot more than half of the entire army, as I'd guessed, and they had conveniently grouped up. General Swift was one of the few still standing.

“We will not fall to the hands of a circus act!” That really annoyed me.

“My Pokémon? My friends?!” I yelled angrily. “They’ve done more to your army in ten minutes than you could probably do to them or anyone or anything else in an hour! They've been by my side since practically my whole life; they were my closest thing to family as I traveled around the world. The reason why my army of 6 was able to defeat your incompetent army of nearly a thousand was because they understood, trusted, and believed in me and in one another. Your attempts to conquer Canterlot are futile, and as long as I am here, they will remain failures!” I took a breath to calm down, then extended a hand towards the Changelings. “I'm calling out to you, because I learned that unity and friendship is important as a Pokémon Trainer. I will show mercy, because I don't want any more violence today.”

Nova, I thought-spoke to my Gardevoir. Tell the others to prepare a Hyper Beam, just in case. I received a nod from her, and she looked to the other Pokémon, who seemed to get the message. A small ball of energy appeared in front of their mouths and grew larger every second.

“I will never give up this conquest!” Swipe called out. “We will fight for Lord Corruption, for with his power, we will be victorious!” The remaining Changelings mindlessly charged at me and my team.

“You had your chance.” I moved my arm in a sharp sweeping motion. “Use Hyper Beam!” Six beams of pure energy shot straight at the group of Changelings, resulting in a large explosion. The dust cleared, and the last of the Changeling Army had finally been knocked out. I turned back to Canterlot Castle. “Take over. I’m done here.” I walked through the now open wall of shocked guards with Nova at my side and headed back to the castle for a good day's rest.

“Well, damn.” the Captain of the Guard, Shining Armor spoke.

“Something wrong, sir?” a fellow Guard asked.

“I’m just really glad that guy's on our side.” the Captain/Prince answered him. The guards around him nodded in agreement. They all learned a valuable lesson that day: Don't mess with Stephen.

Author's Note:

Once again, thanks to all who read, comment, liked, and favorited my fics!
More updates to come! Enjoy the chapter!
*FIX* Hey guys, I'm looking for prereaders. PM if you're interested.