• Published 25th Sep 2013
  • 3,401 Views, 190 Comments

Equestria, I Choose You! - BronyDJ



Pokemon/MLP Crossover. Stephen, a very talented Pokemon Trainer, gets teleported to Equestria, where he knows he doesn't belong. He will however, learn that his being there is no coincidence.

  • ...
10
 190
 3,401

Chapter 15: Dreamscape

Celestia brought Nova to another guestroom, accompanied by of Canterlot's best unicorn doctors and nurses. She chose a room close to Stephen's, so that he can visit his Pokemon when he awoke. She looked at the Psychic Pokemon, as the medicine ponies started examining her vitals via various medical spells. I saw the look in your eyes, Nova Celestia looked upon the unconscious Gardevoir. You two share such a strong bond. One of love, friendship, and kindness. I can't imagine what Stephen would be like without you.

"Princess, our apologies, but," one of the doctors, named Doctor Syringe, said, "If you could please leave the room, your magical influence is overwhelming our process." Celestia had previously diagnosed the ailment as a kind of powerful knock-out spell. Being a powerful draconequus, Corruption had to have used a very powerful variant on Stephen's strongest Pokemon. Ever since Discord's first escape, all practicing medical unicorns were to learn an extensive magical process that would relieve the victim of the spell. However, it would take more than a week for the whole process to work. The X-Factor here was biology; Equestria had never seen anything like Nova before. However, her Psychic abilities were similar to those of a highly trained unicorn military general. That could help the doctors with their spells, but getting used to her physiology would take extra time.

"Hm?" Princess looked to him, unaware. "Oh, of course, Doctor. I won't impede on your progress any longer." She looked once more at Nova, then turned and left the room. I hope Luna had taken care of Stephen. She looked to Stephen's chamber doors, thinking him, but remembered that her royal duties were a priority that she held off for a few days. She regained some composure and headed for the throne room to me the petitioners that she postponed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luna heaved Stephen's body, with effort, onto his bed. She stared at the sleeping human, and recalled the battle. He's lost his special someone to the darkness, Luna looked sadly out the window of the room, which showed the very plains the battle took place. And nearly lost his Pokemon companion. He may not know the darkness of Nightmare Moon's possession, but the pain from this whole ordeal is possibly just as worse. She watched him turn over onto his side, facing her. Tears still flowed down the side of his face, soaking the pillows. Should I... ? Luna guiltily debates in her head whether or not to dream walk in Stephen's mind again. With a deep breath of resolution, she closes her eyes, started up her spell.

She felt the telltale wind from the dream-walking spell, and opened her eyes. She was on a beach, but it didn't feel familiar. She was somewhere else; Luna could feel it; there was no magic in the air. A beach? Luna wondered. What's so important about this beach? She turned around, finding a small town to her left and a cave to her right. She heard a high-pitched cry from the cave to the right, and immediate galloped over to find the source of the sound.

The Lunar Princess slowed down and remembered, "I'm not able to do anything." She slowed eventually to a halt in front of the cave's entrance. "I'm not even actually here. I hope whatever's in there isn't in trouble." Luna heard a pair of small feet racing to her location in the sand and looked behind her.

A young, male human was racing to the cave. He must have heard the cry as well. She watched as he ran in, bravely to discover what made the cry. Luna was intrigued at the sight: three short, dark purple creatures with large jewels for eyes had cornered a shorter white and green creature. That color scheme, Luna noticed the Ralt's color. That looks similar to Nova's. The little red crest is present as well."

Luna watched as the child distracted the antagonist Sableye around the Ralts by throwing a rock, but once the group turned to him, he tried to run away but tripped on a small, raised portion of earth.. She watched as the Sableye then surrounded a fallen, but were deterred by a bright light that seemed to engulf the whole cavern, deterring the Dark/Ghost types. The pair teleported out of the cavern, and Luna heard a different voice calling over, a female.

"Stephen!" she called out. "Where are you?"

So this is Stephen when he was younger? Luna smiled at the sight of the young Trainer. This isn't a dream, it's a memory! But... what ever happened to that Pokemon? She wondered what had happened to the Ralts. As if to answer her, the scene faded to black, but changed to what looked like the interior of a large building. It was dark, but just enough light streamed in to show what was happening.

Where am I now? Luna looked around, and noticed something at the center of the area, where most of the lights were focused. The same Ralts from the previous dream was now facing off a small, chubby, and yellow creature. Its hands rounded off to imitate boxing gloves. The face had two red circles on its cheeks and the top of its head had some kind of bow.

Stephen stood behind the Ralts, still about as young as he was in the previous dream. He only had two Pokeball on his belt, one most likely just for this Ralts. What is in the other one? Luna wondered, then looked to Stephen's opponent. It was another male trainer, though older and with blue, spiky hair. He had two Pokeballs by his feet. He held a third in his hand.

Another battle, like the the first time Tia and I dreamwalked, although smaller. Luna noted. What is this battle for?

"Go," Stephen said. "Use Confusion!" The Ralts began to concentrate and gather psychic energy.

"Knock 'er out of it, Makuhita" Brawly commanded his last Pokemon. "With Arm Thrust!" Makuhita was much faster, and rushed forward, arm outstretched, and smashed its hand into Ralts' head. The latter was sent flying, and landed at Stephen's feet and took her time to rise to her feet.

"C'mon," Stephen tried to encourage the Psychic Pokemon to her feet. "We can still do this!" Luna smiled at this. Stephen, even though the situation looked dire, still believed in his Pokemon.

"I'll admit, Stephen." Brawly spoke up. "Your Mudkip managed to take down Machop, and your Ralts was able to avenge your Mudkip against my Meditite. I give you credit as a starting Trainer. However, even though I'm on my last Pokemon, I don't think you can beat us. Your Ralts is just took weak to take so many physical hits." The younger Trainer gritted his teeth and looked to his Ralts, who was now standing on her feet.

"Now!" Stephen said. "Use Confusion!" Makuhita was then outlined with a thin, blue aura, as Ralts was now holding it in her telekinetic grasp. She threw Makuhita back at Brawly's feet, but managed to get to its feet quickly.

"Reversal!" Brawly called out. Makuhita, once again, rushed at Ralts and hit her with a hard punch to the gut. Luna winced at the sight; it was quite a punch for such a small creature. Ralts was back on the ground and was now struggling to get to her feet.

"No," Stephen. "Enough. time for you to heal up." Stephen approached, Pokeball in hand, ready to retrieve his Pokemon. However, when he tried to call her back, a blue aura outlined the Pokeball, moving it from Stephen's hand to the floor. The Ralts now stood, bruised and exhausted, but it looked like it wasn't finished. The Psychic type stood still for a moment and the scene, literally, froze.

Luna? Celestia's voice rang through the Lunar Regent's head. May I join you? Luna replied, 'yes' and in seconds, the white Alicorn stood next to Luna, looking at the frozen scene. Once everything settled, the battle resumed.

"What?" Stephen watched as a bright light began to engulf the Ralts. "Already?"

What is going on?Celestia asked. What is that creature?

It's a Ralts, apparently. Luna answered, curious at the scene unfolding. As to what's happening, I have no idea.

The bright light that emanated from the Ralts began to get stronger and near-blinding until *FLASH!* the spectacle ended and in Ralt's place stood a taller, white and green creature. Her green hair now parted and revealed her red eyes, and the white "cloak" was now more of a ballerina dress.

"Kirlia!" the newly evolved Psychic type cried out.

WHAT?The two Royal Alicorn Sisters' mouths dropped open. How is that even possible?

Maybe... Luna pondered. This world really does have a kind of magic. Celestia nodded.

"Alright, then!" Stephen spoke up, reinvigorated. "Use Confusion one more time!" This time the Kirlia was faster. A much more pronounced blue aura outlined the Makuhita once again, and again the Fighting type was sent flying. It landed on its back and eyes dazed; it had fainted.

"YES!" Stephen jumped cheerfully and ran over to hug his Kirlia. "Great job,-" The scene cut abruptly to darkness.

What? Celestia was confused. Now what?

The scene's changing again. Luna responded. What'll happen next? She waited excitedly.

The darkness gave way to green, as three boys were now hiding and chuckling behind some bushes. Celestia and Luna looked past them and saw Stephen once more with Kirlia, walking together in the forest. Them moment they reached a space close to the bushes, the three jumped out and confronted Stephen.

"Well," the lead boy spoke with a sneer. "If it isn't weenie-Stevie." He looked to the Kirlia. "What, is that thing your girlfriend now, you loser?" Stephen's fists balled up in anger. "Shame, the strongest team in your lame party happened to be the girliest one!" The other two boys followed their leader and laughed. Kirlia stepped up and crossed her small arms, obviously miffed at their moronic comments. Stephen seriously regretted not buying extra Repels; the rest of his team was fainted by the copious poison Pokemon that inhabited the grasses.

"Yeah, girly!" taunted one.

"Laaame!" laughed the other.

"I'll even beat your stupid Kirlia," the lead bully began. "With a type mismatch!" With that, he sent out his own Pokemon, a Serviper. "Go, use Poison Tail!" Stephen and Kirlia were caught off guard by the sudden attack. The Poison type Fang Snake Pokemon lunged forward, its sword-like tail glowing purple. The Psychic type wasn't quick enough to counter as the Poison Tail attack struck her hard across the face, sending her flying to Stephen's side.

"Hah!" the bully laughed, and taunted. "Time and time again, Stephen, big ol' Brucie's gonna knock weak twerps like you to the ground!" The Serviper also seemed to be laughing. The Princesses were completely shocked at what came next. "Serviper," Brucie commanded. "Use Poison Tail on Stephen!" Luna and Celestia gasped.

How barbaric! Luna's rage was building. That goes too far!

I agree, Celestia, usually the calm one, was almost near fuming at this act. This kind of act makes me wish we were able to interact with dreams.

We can, Sister. Luna reminded her. Only, this isn't a dream. We cannot tamper with one's memories. They watched again as the Serviper rushed at Stephen. They watched with deep concern, hoping some good would come out of this.

None came.

The Serviper's sword like tail smacked Stephen's face hard enough to send him to the ground. Stephen now looked up at the Poison type. As much as he wanted to, the young Trainer couldn't move. This was Glare, another move Serviper knew, instigating paralysis.

"One more time, Serviper!" Brucie said, smiling at his cruel victory. "Poison Tail; knock him out!" Once more, the Serviper obeyed, raising its glowing purple tail. The sword-like appendage swung in a wide arc for a last strike. Stephen closed his eyes and waited for the painful collision. He felt the tail stop inches from his face, and heard the bullies gasp in surprise. Stephen opened his eyes, and found that the Fang Snake Pokemon was now outlined in a distinct blue aura. He turned and saw a short figure, finally rising to her feet: his Kirlia.

"No, wait-" He didn't want to have his already weakened Pokemon to fight. That is, until he looked at her eyes."N-Nova?" Stephen stammered as she began to glow white once again.

THAT was NOVA? Luna asked, unbelieving. Celestia watched on silently as the evolution phase started again. All stood still to watch as Nova took her final evolutionary form: from Kirlia, to the impressive and beautiful Gardevoir.

Wow, Celestia spoke in a whisper of admiration. She changed in order to protect the one who trained her and believed in her all this time.

Nova's telekinetic hold on Serviper became stronger, and it was apparent; the blue Psychic outline around the Poison type, a huge change in mental power had now surged into the Confusion attack. The vile attacker was sent flying back forcefully into the three bullies, and was found to be knocked out upon swift discovery. The two Princesses cheered as Brucie and his lackeys ran away in terror, throwing back empty threats of revenge. The pair turned to the Trainer and his now evolved Gardevoir. The Psychic type helped Stephen to his feet, and once it seemed that he had stable footing, she hugged her Trainer fiercely.

"Thank you, Nova." Stephen said, stroking the top of the Gardevoir's head in affection. "I owe you one. Again." The Embrace Pokemon just continued to hug her Trainer, while Celestia and Luna took in the precious moment.

Shall we leave, Luna? Celestia asked. Or is there more? As a response, the whole scene faded to black. The sisters waited for a while, and realized that the memories were over, but they were far from leaving.

"Just what are you doing here?" a new voice called out to them from behind them. The two sisters turned to the source. "GET. OUT!" He yelled, and the two sisters were blown by some otherwordly wind, forcing them out of the dreamwalking spell and back into reality.

Stephen was back on his feet, and stood in front of the two Princesses, steaming mad. "You two best have a damn good reason to be invading my mind before I release my team on you and the rest of this God forsaken palace."

Author's Note:

Holy Writer's Black, Batmane!
This chapter took me a while to conjure up. Sorry for the wait!

Also, if you are going to give my fic a thumbs down, please comment below so I can know why you have such a review. I accept all criticism, but will not tolerate any trolls. I also trust that the followers of this fic not bash those who dislike this fic. Thank you.