• Published 25th Sep 2013
  • 3,401 Views, 190 Comments

Equestria, I Choose You! - BronyDJ



Pokemon/MLP Crossover. Stephen, a very talented Pokemon Trainer, gets teleported to Equestria, where he knows he doesn't belong. He will however, learn that his being there is no coincidence.

  • ...
10
 190
 3,401

Chapter 11: Intervention and Revelation

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy followed Princess Luna back to the throne room, where the other Elements of Harmony, along with Princess Celestia. Once the smaller ponies looked up and finally noticed the trio enter, they immediately rushed to greet Rainbow Dash and start asking Fluttershy questions, Pinkie Pie was especially excited.

"Ooh, hey Dashie!" Pinkie greeted with a large grin. "How was your weather captain meeting in Cloudsdale? What'd they say?" Then she noticed Dashie wasn't exactly smiling; she seemed to have been scolded a bit recently.

"Answers for those questions can come later, Pinkie." Luna responded. "We have other things to address." She looked at the spectrum maned pony and said, "Rainbow Dash actually managed to impede our progress with Stephen. now we're even father behind in the plan, and now we won't be able to get him to assist us in the prophecy!" Luna stomped angrily.

"Prophecy?" The Mane 6 queried in unison. Twilight looked to her mentor, who sighed and rose from her throne. She walked over to one of the many stained glass windows in the room that portrayed the many stories of the past in colorful presentation. She came over to a familiar window pane, with a certain creature dangling over a unicorn, pegasus, and
Earth pony with puppeteer's strings. The ponies gasped as the picture of the creature came alive once again and spoke thus.

"Ah, Celestia," Discord seemed to be stretching his mismatched limbs. "Surveillance via glass window can really be a pane, y'know?" He chuckled at his own joke.

"Now is not the time for your jokes, Discord." Celestia already felt her patience wearing thin, and the two just started talking. "You know the most about the prophecy, it's up to you to relay unto the Elements the news you told us." Discord looked past the Solar Regent to see the 6 ponies that had previously defeated him and later on managed to convert him for "good."

"Fine, fine," Discord wanted this to be quick; there were better things to do. "As you know, I"m a draconequus." The Mane 6 nodded. "However, I"m not the only draconequus. I happened to be the only one brave, or rather bored, enough to try to take over Equestria. However, after my first imprisonment, my species, my brothers and sisters, began to fade away into the sands of time. There are very few who still exist today, but they, like myself, are very powerful." The six mares were shocked to hear that another draconequus was at the head of something that was bothering the Princesses. "This one, whose heart is filled with much more malice and destruction, is named Corruption."

"Corruption?" Rainbow Dash repeated. "That sounds like a stupid name. But uh... no offense, Discord." The mismatched God of Chaos shrugged at this and continued.

"None taken." Discord replied. "Corruption was also very stubborn. Now, with all his stubbornness, he will not stop until he has taken over Equestria."

"But," Twilgiht interrupted. "What does Stephen have to do with this?

"I don't exactly know the words," Discord answered. "But it goes something like... 'a visitor, the Champion from the stars, fallen into this world from his home afar, must face the darkened beasts of legendary form; the Princesses cannot defeat Corruption without the Champion standing against the storm.'"

"Darkened beasts?" Twilight recalled Stephen's Pokemon in the forest. "You mean like turned in the way you did to us?"

"Yes," Discord answered again. "But Corruption's version takes a darker turn. The pony's color once again fades to darker colors, but this time, they become angry, resentful, and violent. I assume you might have seen it before?" Twilight, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Applejack answered.

"It was dreadful!" Rarity said. "Stephen's creatures were downright uncouth. That is, until he calmed them down with a small fight and somehow brought them to normal."

"How?" Discord was the one to ask the question this time.

"It's sounded like the manual version of a memory spell." Twilight answered.

"Yeah," Applejack added, "Once he had 'em calmed down, he would talk to them about how they met, and how important it was to him. Then those odd creatures regained their colors."

"Interesting," Discord took this all in. "However, as I am able to, I found myself sneaking into Corruption's den. I cannot tell you where it is, as he and his forces are coming to meet up us, and we should reciprocate."

"What?" Celestia finally spoke up. "His den? What did you see?"

"I couldn't exactly explain all of what I saw." Discord remembered his time in Corruption's cavern. "I saw many, titanic sized creatures that practically radiated power of various kinds. They were nothing I had ever seen before, much alike Stephen's Pokemon. However, I could tell they had been turned by Corruption's power; their coats were dark and the creatures were becoming violent, spewing jets of fire, water, and sometimes pure energy into to air. I barely managed to escape being captured by my brother, he only told me to warn you of his coming. It only seems appropriate that we have Stephen face Corruption's army of creatures with his own."

"So that's what I am?" a new voice asked the ponies. "A weapon of war?" The ponies turned to see quiet an angry Stephen by the door.

~~~~Stephen's POV~~~~~

I demanded the guards to bring me to the Princesses. Why were these ponies coming up to me? What was their true motive for trying to socialize with me? I even let the yellow play with one of my Pokemon. What if she hurt it? Whati f the innocence is all an act? I would get down to the bottom of this. The guards led me to the doors to the Throne Room, in which I stepped in the middle of a bizarre creature giving some kind of lecture. I stayed quiet, but the group was far away, so I could only hear snippets of the conversation.

"Beasts," "corruption," violent," were the ones that I heard the loudest. I was about to yell out that I wasn't here to cause harm, when the mismatched creature spoke, "It seems appropriate that we have Stephen face ... army with his own." I finally chose to speak up.

"So I'm a weapon now?" I was pretty angry. I wanted nothing more than a way home, but they had plans for me to be part of a war. "No! I will agree to nothing of the sort! I came here by a freak accident, and I want nothing more than to return home, where I belong!" Princess Celesta looked like she was about to speak, but was was cut off by the bizarre creature.

"Hello Stephen," he said. "My name is Discord. I know you're angry because the ponies are using you, but hear me out." I crossed my arms and waited expectantly for the reason why I should help these ponies.

"Now, the prophecy says, bluntly, that you are the one that is to save this world from certain doom and conquest by a very dangerous and evil creature. The prophecy also says that your reward is some kind of magical energy that will be enough to send you home." Now he had my attention.

"Is that the truth?" I was very skeptical. I've heard a good amount of prophecies from my travels around the Pokemon world, and this sounded way to good to be true.

"It says you are the Champion from past out stars." He replied. "Are you a champion of sorts?" I nodded proudly, thinking back to the framed certificates in my house and the tough battles I've had to go through to earn such respect as a Pokemon League Champion. "Then this prophecy applies to you, and the prophecy says you will be rewarded with the ability to return home. That fit your fancy, mister Champion?" He said that last work a bit mockingly. I smirked, but then began to think about it. There was nothing else for me to do, and I desperately needed to get home. I turned to Princess Celestia and Luna.

"Why aren't you able to send me home?" I asked. "You're the princesses, you must have been reconginized for having some grand amount of magical power." They shook their heads.

"Not exactly." Celestia answered. "While we have the power for our celestial duties, entailing the raising and setting of the Sun and Moon respectively," My mind blanked for a moment as she said this. They raise the sun and moon with their magic? I was shocked, but wouldn't let it show. If was just a regular person or pony, I really wouldn't mess with them. "We don't have enough power together to conjure a way for you to return to your world. Such cross-universal spells are very, very rare to even find, let alone cast. The one that takes the least energy would take at least two years' amount of stored energy to cast." Whoa. It looks like I'll have to do the prophecy; I did not like the idea of staying her for a whole two more years, let alone the rest of the month. I turned back to Discord.

"Alright, fine." I answered him. "I'll help with this war. But what am I fighting against?" I asked. Discord shuddered then answered me.

"The prophecy calls them 'darkened beast of legendary form.'" He told me. "Does that mean anything to you?" I thought of all of the Legendary Pokemon I met in my journeys, how I saw their raw power at work, how I battled them and managed to beat them, although just barely.

"Yes." I simply said. "They're called Legendary Pokemon. They happen to be the strongest Pokemon in existence, aside from some very overpowered Pokemon. They are incredibly powerful and are very difficult to defeat. I have faced them and came out victorious, but just barely. What do you mean by 'darkened'?"

"The ponies tell me you first encountered your companions in the forest, where they were resentful against you and violent?" He asked, to which I nodded. "It's like that. But as you said, it's with these Legendary Pokemon that you are familiar with." Now Luna spoke up.

"Can you handle them?" She asked. I needed to think. The effects of whatever was turning these Legendaries 'darker' was similar to that of a Dark Ball from my world. They'd be stronger, but much more violent and hateful.

"I think I can take 'em on." I said to myself. "Just leave me alone to train my Pokemon, and we'll see how things go." I turned to leave, but was stopped by the sudden opening of the door by another tall equine. However, this one was more like a bug than a horse. It stood as tall as Celestia, but was jet black with a web-silk bluish-green mane and tail. Her hooves were filled with holes that bore through the limb, I didn't understand how they supported her body.

"Queen Chrysalis!" Celestia, Luna, and the Elements of Harmony moved into some kind of attack formation, as if this newcomer was an enemy. "What are you doing here?" Obviously, the ponies were not on good terms with the intruder.

"Please, Celestia," Queen Chrysalis was begging. A large group of miniature versions of her appeared behind her as she stepped into the room. "I am here, begging for your forgiveness, and more importantly, your help." Luna stepped from the formation to ask.

"For what, exactly?" Luna asked.

"The draconequus has made a move on my Hive!" Chrysalis looked close to tears. "I tried to take along as much as I could but most of my subjects were being consumed by Corruption's power!"

"What?" Celestia couldn't believe her ears at the news, but Chrysalis was not done. "He has the rest of my hive coming here after me. I believe they'll reach the outer rim of Canterlot soon." Before Celestia could look to a guard, I hled up my hand.

"Let me handle the problem" I offered. "My Pokemon can take them out!" Chrysalis turned to me and now begged me.

"Please, don't kill them!" She was really concerned about her subjects, and for some reason, this surprised the ponies. What was their history?

"Don't worry," I assured her. "My Pokemon's attacks will only knock them out or temporarily paralyze or freeze them. My Pokemon will never kill anything under my control." With that I walked out of the room and began thinking of the best way to deal with a large invasion of bug-ponies.

Once the door closed behind me, I heard the tall bug-like equine ask, "What in the world was that?" I laughed quietly to myself as I walked back to my room.

Author's Note:

Aaaaand update! Hope you guys enjoy the chapter!
This'll be a very busy week, so, don't an update for a while, sorry!
Meanwhile, does anyone have any OCs they might want to see in the fic? I'll put them in the story somehow! Just PM me if you're interested!