• Published 23rd Sep 2013
  • 7,109 Views, 155 Comments

Friendship is Butter - Supahsnail



SkyDoesMinecraft and five of his friends must save the Mane six and all of Equestria from the squid menace!

  • ...
10
 155
 7,109

Squidsday Preppers

"True friends stab you in the front."

~ Oscar Wilde

The six element bearers lead the six Minecrafters into Ponyville. Every time Sky and his friends came into sight, everypony would run into their houses and slam their doors. They would have been offended by this if they had been paying enough attention to notice.

Antvenom had a cowbell around his neck, which he insisted he had been wearing the whole time.

When they reached a locked door at the end of the street, Twilight sighed, "Not to be rude, but we probably should have done this without you six. This was the last general store in town and they're locked too! Now I know how Zecora felt."

Deadlox pulled out a solid block of TNT. "Don't worry, I got dis," he said.

"Ty, where did you get that?" Bodil asked.

"It's better if you don't know," said Ty.

Kuledud3 pushed past Ty and stepped in front of the door. "Ty, we need to handle this delicately," he explained. "The ponies here are already scared of us, no need to make things worse." He knocked on the door three times.

As they waited for a response on the other side, Twilight had a feeling of relief brought on by how they were handling the situation. She was glad to see that they could be reasonable.

"We're closed!" A male voice from the other side of the door insisted in a frantic tone. "Go away now! We're out of stock on... Everything! Yes, everything. We'll be getting a shipment at... Some other time. A time that isn't soon!"

Kuledud3 calmly inhaled, held his breath in, then screamed on the top of his lungs, "OPEN THE F**KING DOOR, YOU ABORTION SCRAP PILE OF F**K!!! IF I HAVE TO ASK YOU ONE MORE TIME, I WILL BREAK INTO YOUR HOUSE, AND TEAR YOUR WIFE IN HALF!!!"

The door opened quickly. A very nervous looking, white stallion was the only pony inside. After opening the door, he had backed up to the counter.

"See Ty," said Kuledud3, "TNT can't solve all of your problems, but screaming can."

Twilight shook her head in disappointment. She apologized to the shopkeeper, "Please forgive my friends. They aren't from around here and their manners aren't perfect." This was an obvious understatement, but it also seemed to put the shop keeper at ease. Twilight was somepony everyone in town knew they could trust. If she said they were fine, they were probably fine.

"We'll then, what can I help you... boys with?" The merchant asked pleasantly.

Sky walked up to the counter and laid his blocky elbows on the table. "We need some soy sauce, twelve apples, six pairs of boots, and six yellow berets!"

"What do you need soy sauce for?" Twilight asked.

"It's for when we eat the squids, obviously," said Sky.

Fluttershy gasped.

"Is eating the squids really necessary?" Rainbow asked.

Sky turned to Bodil. "Hey, Bodil, is eating the squids necessary?"

Bodil answered, "Pretty damn crucial, Adam."

Sky turned back to Rainbow Dash. "Bodil says yes," he said.

The shop keeper grabbed all of the items Sky had asked for, including the yellow berets and soy sauce, which he didn't know that he even sold. "That's a lot of stuff you boys are asking for," said the shop keeper, "Are you sure you can pay for all of it?"

Kuledud3 pulled out a raw fish and placed it on the counter. "What could I get if I traded you this raw fish?" He asked.

The shop keeper grabbed the fish and shouted, "TAKE EVERYTHING!!!!" as he tossed the boots and apples to Kuledud3.

_________________________________________________

The squids in the lake near Canterlot were gathered around their king. All of them were looking off at the shoreline, where a tall, unsturdy, wooden tower stood out from the shallow water. It was held together with string. The tower stood up about twenty feet above the surface of the water.

"Gentlemen!" King Squid said, "Behold my wooden tower!"

"Why did we build that?" Asked Chad.

"I don't know," said the king. "It was a pretty big waste of time."

"Yeah, we definitely could have done something better with our time," said Chad. He watched a wooden plank snap off of the center of the tower and fall into the lake. "That thing is defiantly not sturdy."

"It's downright dangerous," said the king, "and if it falls on someone who isn't Steve, I'm gonna be pissed!"

"Boss, why do you hate me so much?" Asked Steve.

"Because I'm tired of your shit, and you never do anything useful!"

Steve defended, "I do useful things! You don't really believe that, do you?"

The king turned to Chad and asked, "Hey, Chad, is Steve useless?"

"Pretty damn pointless, sir," Chad answered.

The king slowly turned back to Steve. "...Chad says yes," the king said.

__________________________________________________

The twelve had exited the shop. The boots fit each minecrafter quite well, which wasn't too odd, considering that, aside from the blockiness, their feet were roughly the same size and shape of hooves. The berets, however, did not fit nearly as well. The minecrafters decided that this was okay since they would have looked silly in them anyway.

"Well, that was... Strange," said Twilight.

"At least we won't have to be in public again until we get to Canterlot," Rarity said optimistically.

Rainbow Dash flew to Twilight and whispered in her ear, "Maybe we should leave those six here. If they keep acting like this, they'll only get in the way!"

Twilight struggled with that thought. She couldn't argue with Rainbow Dash. They would get in the way if that was how they acted all of the time, but she was about to see that even they could be serious when they needed to be.

Sky lifted his butter sword to the the sun, catching everyone else's attention. If he wasn't wearing sunglasses. They would have seen that his eyes were closed. "We may not act serious," he admitted, "but treating us like a joke is the last mistake those squids will ever make! I don't care if we're in pony world, or Minecraft, or the brightest freaking corner of Waverley Place! If a squid is there, we will continue to fight until there are no squids left! If that squid king thinks he can mess with this world while we're around, he's got another thing coming! So let's get ready to kick some ass!"

The other five drew their swords as well, Antvenom and Deadlox with their butter swords, Jason with his diamond sword, Bodil with his iron sword, and Kuledud3 with his stick, they all raised them high.

"For the Sky Army.." Said Jason.

"...and anyone who has suffered to squids!" Said Ant.

"For the fun times they try to take away!" Said Kuledud3

Bodil added, "Personal satisfaction."

"Squids don't win..." said Ty.

"...We do!" Sky finished.

"Maybe we should give them a chance," Twilight said to Rainbow Dash with a satisfied smile. At least they aren't silly all the time, she thought.

__________________________________________________

Princess Luna and Princess Celestia were gathered on opposite sides of a glass tank. The tank was placed in the center of Canterlot Castle's scholar room. A minecraft squid was the tanks only occupant. The squid wasn't cloning itself because the tank was far too small for more than one squid.

"It was found among many in the west river. I've tried questioning it, but it seems to know very little," said Luna. "We do know that, given the chance it clones itself. One of these can fill up a lake in a matter of hours. It's like an aquatic parasprite, only considerably more... vocal. It is not from this world."

"PAY ATTENTION TO ME!" The squid demanded.

"Strange that after so many years of living, we have never seen something like this until now," Celestia said.

"I'M A PRINCESS TOO!" the squid said.

"An invasive species like this usually comes from a single source, perhaps a queen," said Luna.

"We have, like, fifty queens!" Said the squid.

Luna continued. "They have already been spotted in all corners of Equestria. To reach all sides at this speed would mean that they originated near the hearlands. I believe that they are based somewhere in or near this city."

"Then we must begin our search," said Celestia. "However, we must not act until we know all we can."

"I'm a pretty princess!" Said the squid.

Celestia thought for a moment, then said, "I think this would be a good opportunity to test the loyalty of one of our newest allies."