• Published 22nd Sep 2013
  • 660 Views, 8 Comments

The Awakening Of The Darkness - Shadowmane PX-41



There is a being even more powerful than anything the Mane 6 have encountered before. and upon its resurrection seeks revenge on those who cherish the light of Equestrian Friendship.

  • ...
4
 8
 660

Part 9: The New Ruler

Twilight paced back and forth through the library scanning her books in split seconds looking for a way to remove the effects of the Song Of Youth, After many hours of book scanning and tossing she eventually found an article in Equestria's Atlas, Called Equestrian Artifacts And Relics, She carefully and slowly flipped the pages reading aloud each page as she went along until she stopped flipping at "The Stones Of Knowledge And Ruin."

"If the stones are in here, Then there must be a subsection with the Song Of Youth, And how to cast and break its dark powers." She told the girls after they finally woke up from what seemed like ten hours of sleep.

"Aha! I've got it!" She said looking down at some text in a little border just to the right of the stones' picture.

"The Song Of Youth, With this spell, You can return all who hear its bizarre lyrics into powerless newborns, However, This spell can be counter-acted with an alicorn stabilization spell." She read aloud to the other ponies in the library.

"Well, What are we waiting for? Let's have Twilight perform the spell now!" Rainbow Dash said after hearing Twilight's description.

"It's not that simple, Rainbow, In order for the spell to work we need to cast it in the place where the Song Of Youth was first played." She replied back.

"But the song was played in Canterlot Castle, And we're stuck in Ponyville with no means of transport!" Rarity said to break the confidence of the others.

"Well then we'll just have to use the Party Cannon to get there!" Pinkie spoke up which lit up their eyes with confidence again.

"This is gonna be AWESOME!!!" Rainbow Dash said in perfect sync with Pinkie.

But no sooner had they stopped when they felt an earthquake hit the library causing all the stacked books to tumble to the floor, It got worse from there as Canterlot Castle started to levitate into the now stormy sky above, With a new horrific look.

The castle was now bigger, Larger, And coated with black spikes, And if that wasn't enough, It now had a forcefield surrounding its new midair position.

It no longer looked like Canterlot Castle, But more like Castle Oblivion painted black, From the balcony at the tallest tower Darkwing started conjuring some crazy dark magic, Dark magic which struck all the foals in equestria.

"Citizens Of Darktopia!" Darkwing pronounced to everyone, "Since assuming the throne, I now have a new decree to place, Ahem, From this moment forth, PRINCESS TWILIGHT AND THE SPIRITS OF HARMONY ARE NOW CONSIDERED PUBLIC ENEMY NUMBER 1! AND AS SUCH MUST BE BROUGHT INTO CUSTODY AND DELIVERED TO MY STONE OF YOUTH AND AGE! That is all."

"What the hay was that about?" Applejack said in worry.

"I don't know, But it looks like Darkwing's foals don't want us to leave." Twilight said pointing out the new superpowered unicorn and pegasus babies.

"This doesn't look good." Fluttershy said to break the silence, "I'm just gonna head home for the night and hopefully this will all be over when i wake up."

As she tried to leave the library through the window, Fluttershy got fried by a beam of teal light coming from foal Lyra's horn, This knocked her back into some bookshelves and made her smaller than the other girls, much like Applejack's old Poison Joke curse.

"Don't even think to try to do it again, Fluttershy, Foal magic can be very unstable if not properly handled." Twilight told her in an I-told-you-so style.

"Hang on a second girls, I think we have a perfect line of fire!" Said Twilight now pointing the Party Cannon at the flying castle.

She then stuffed the others into the cannon's barrel before fitting herself in, It would have been a tight fit if not for Pinkie purchasing the extra large barrel attachment two days ago.

Hold on everypony! This is gonna be fast, Faster-than-sonic-rainboom fast!" She said lighting the fuse with some new fire magic (Compliments of Sunset Shimmer).

Much to her warning it was fast, The girls felt like their faces were gonna peel off, Except Rainbow Dash who just bore a giant smile saying, "THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!"

When they collided with the barrier it reduced their airspeed drastically upon impact, But it was still enough to shatter it and have the girls land on the front door courtyard with dizzy looks on their faces.

Well, Girls, This is it." Twilight said as the double doors leading into Darkwing's Castle opened, Letting out a torrent of dark magic into the sky, Intensifying the storm above.

"We need to find Darkwing and destroy his Stone Of Youth And Age!" She said pointing out the mission objective to the other girls, "That way he won't ever be able to harm anypony ever again."

Author's Note:

Now we're drawing close to the climax of our little tale.

How do you think it's gonna turn out.

Rate Comment and Follow for the next parts