• Published 22nd Sep 2013
  • 660 Views, 8 Comments

The Awakening Of The Darkness - Shadowmane PX-41



There is a being even more powerful than anything the Mane 6 have encountered before. and upon its resurrection seeks revenge on those who cherish the light of Equestrian Friendship.

  • ...
4
 8
 660

Castle Of The Dark: King Sombra

On this portal's other side lied the Crystal Empire, In even worse shape than with Twilight's fake heartbreak, There was now black energy flowing out of the castle's peak and colliding with a black hole in the sky, The city and crystal ponies now lie in ruins, And it looked like someone had given the guards Cupcakes-isms.

"Well, This is new." Rarity said acknowledging the once great city now wrapped in darkness.

"It just doesn't seem right though, Cadence and Shining Armour have command over this kingdom, They wouldn't just let it fall into the forces of darkness." Twilight said to the others in a concerned tone.

"Well believe it or not, Look who's fighting for their lives!" Rainbow said pointing at a gap in the pillars where Cadence and Shining Armour were dueling an unknown opponent.

"We've gotta get over there fast!" Twilight said back to the rainbow haired mare before galloping off towards the castle.

When they entered the castle, It was in even worse shape than the outside suggested, With blood trickling down the walls, Banners of Darkwing unfurled in every corridor, And all the guards (Including Flash Sentry) had been brutally murdered.

"Twilight!" Shouted Shining Armour, Still clashing with the unknown pony.

But after letting his guard down for even two seconds to see Twilight's face, The mysterious opponent impaled both Shining Armour and Cadence with a dark laser from his almighty red tinted horn.

"Brother, Sister, NOOOO!!!!!!" She screamed grieving at the immediate loss of her only family outside of her family.

"What a sight." Said the pony unfurling his hood, Upon revelation the opponent turned out to be King Sombra, A black skinned unicorn with a twisted look on his face.

"YOU!!!!" Said the now infuriated fire-haired Twilight.

"Who is this you ya speak of?" Applejack asked her.

"King Sombra, The former ruler of the Crystal Empire, He was tyrannical in his rule, Blackmailing his subjects to do all his work just because he could perfectly recreate their fears." Twilight explained back to the others.

"Yes, And although the Crystal Heart's powers sent me to Tartarus, Darkwing busted me out with nothing but his bare hands, And now that i'm free again, I can take revenge on the Crystal Empire and all of it's subjects and royalty!" Said the fiendish unicorn king.

"Then we'll just have to send you back to Tartarus where you belong!" Dash said raising her voice and charging at the king.

"Foolish equines, You have no idea what i'm capable of!" He said before turning into his trademark vapor form and started shooting at the pegasus with his dark powers, "You cannot stop the darkness, You cannot stop fear, AND AS SUCH YOU CANNOT STOP ME!!!!!!"

As they started to do battle, The arena changed into complete darkness which seemed endless, Sombra's Trademark dark eyes were everywhere you could think of, And in the centre of the arena the real Sombra materialized now brandishing 2 giant scimitars with dark spikes and blood decorating them.

As the fight raged on, Sombra started delving deep into everypony's minds and using their fears as weapons, Fears so dark and evil that if i showed you them, You would be crouching behind the couch shitting your pants till they break.

But still as the magics were volleyed from both sides, It was the Mane 6 who started to get weary first, Enabling Sombra to deal a killer combo with his twin scimitars.

Twilight and friends started coughing up blood, As if they knew Sombra was something darker than all the others.

"I told you ladies, NOTHING CAN STOP MY POWERS!!!!" Sombra said announcing his victory to the blood coughing mares.

"D-Don't be s-so s-sure S-Sombra!" Twilight said as if she was gonna pass out.

As she got up, So did the other Spirits, All brandishing their elements and firing at Sombra.

"This is impossible! THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!" Sombra said before dying in the stream of rainbow light.

Upon landing back in Darkwing's castle once more the girls took a longer break than the last times, They knew they had suffered massive wounds during Sombra's battle, And that they needed time to rest and recuperate.

"OK, One left, Sunset Shimmer." Twilight said after scrambling to her hooves.

"If these portals are all based around our memories than there's a good chance that this Sunset is obviously fake." Said Pinkie as if she knew that Sunset Shimmer really existed in the other dimension known as Canterlot High.

"You're right Pinkie, But there's one thing i forgot to tell you about during my first trip..."

Darkwing was still in his throne room, Watching it all word for word, "OK now girls, You go on and play now." He said before taking Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon into a nursery-like room.

"OK Darkwing, I'll bite, Why did your song of youth affect them as well?" Discord said now being lowered into what looked like an incinerator.

"I'm giving these two one more chance to defeat the Spirits Of Harmony, But in order for victory to be assured, I must make sure they rest up their bodies and powers for the oncoming storm." He said back watching the two infant schoolfillies playing in the nursery, "Once they return to their black angel forms, Their powers will go through the roof!"

"So you plan to overpower two innocent children through youth?" Said the Draconequis, Now with shock collars and straps planted all around his body.

"Exactly!" Darkwing said before returning to his throne and magicing up some fanta and salted popcorn, "But first, it's time for the final round of our little game, And their final opponent is Sunset Satan, I always save the best for last!" He finished laughing.

Author's Note:

A rematch is due don't you think?

Humane 6 V.S Sunset Satan 2 "The Duel For The School"

To be Applejack here, I can't wait for the next part either