• Published 30th Sep 2013
  • 3,728 Views, 30 Comments

Rarity and Twilight - jl7895



Rarity and Twilight fall through the mirror and the portal closes right after. They must now spend 30 moons in our world.

  • ...
8
 30
 3,728

3 Brave New World

Cole woke up at 7:30 AM, as he always does. At first, he though what happened last night was a dream.

“It had to be a dream,” he thought to himself. “There’s no way that I took two unicorns home.”

He looked to his left and saw the pillow wall he built and lump under the blankets on the other side of the bed. It really happened. Cole had really met two magical unicorns from another world. He really had taken them home and treated for a strained leg. He really did carry it to his bed.

Cole decided to shake it off for now and deal with it later. Right now, he had to get ready for his daily jog. He got out of bed and got a pair of basketball shorts and a tank top. He went to the bathroom again to change, as he still felt uncomfortable changing in front of the white mare in his room. The last thing he grabbed before was his iPhone and pair of headphones. As he stepped into the living room, he checked the couch to make sure the other one was still there. There was a blanket and another large lump.

His morning jog was really the only exercise he got. Cole wasn’t the buffest person, but he took pride in his slim figure. Every morning he goes for about a mile and a half and then jogs back. It was also one of his only real chances to think. His day is always so busy that he doesn’t really get a chance to think about personal stuff. His morning jog was the only real chance he got to be alone.

“What am I going to tell Annie and Ben?” He thought to himself as he pass his college, Cal State Los Angeles. “I’m sure they will love the idea of living with two wild animals. Who wouldn’t love that? What would I even say to them” ‘Have you guys ever wanted to live with a magical animal? No? Well too bad because we have two living with us.’ What have I gotten myself into?”

He had an imaginary conversation like this for his entire time. When he came back, he checked the couch and his bed again. Still two lumps, but they had moved a little. He decided to take a shower as the jog made him sweaty. He continued his conversation with himself and neglected to get clothes. As he got out of the shower, he put a towel around he waist and tried to open the door to his room as quietly as possible. He opened his drawer to get his boxers, but heard the blankets rustle. He looked over his shoulder at the bed. Rarity had gotten out of bed, but he didn’t hear hooves hitting the ground.

“Good morning, Rarity,” He said as he looked back at the dresser. “How’s your leg?” He got out a pair of boxers and jeans.

“It’s feels weird, but better. Thank you, darling.” Cole turned around to get a button up shirt hanging form a hook on the wall. He expected to see the white unicorn he was caring around last night, but instead he found a naked woman crawling around.

“Jesus Christ!” he yelled.

She was a white woman with long purple, matted down hair. She looked as if she wasn’t a day over 25, but that was just a guess. She was vary slender, attractive, and about 5’6, but Cole wasn’t thinking about that. There was a naked woman in his room. He turned back around and got out a t-shirt and another pair of boxers.

“Put these on.” Cole tossed the clothes in Rarity’s general direction. She tried to concentrate and use her magic to try and get the clothes on her. She quickly realized that her magic doesn’t work in this world. She didn’t panic because she knew how to put on clothes without magic. She raised a hoof, now hand, to put it thought the shirt when she it for the first time. She had those things at the end of her hand things. They were long and slender, like she was, and each moved independently from each other.

“I’m just like you,” She said while moving around her fingers. She was in a bit oh shock of the whole thing, but Rarity knew how to keep calm.

“Please just put some clothes on,” Cole said

“I might need some help with the bottom,” She said as she put the shirt on. There was a bit of a struggle, but she got it eventually. Cole came over to her and helped her, but it was awkward because he barley looked at her. The boxers ended up being too big and Rarity had to hold them up herself.

When she was dressed, Cole helped her to her feet. Rarity was a bit wobbly at first, as she wasn’t used to walking on her hind hooves, but she got it quickly. Cole went to where Trina kept her clothes and got out a pair of yoga pants. He helped Rarity into them. There was suddenly as banging on his door.

“Cole!” a muffled woman voice yelling on the other side. He opened the door to see Annie there.

Annie Cross was a white, short, blond girl about the age of 27. It should be noted that she was only about 5’3 and weighed no more than 100 pounds. She first met Cole in her freshmen, or his sophomore, year of high school when they joined the same club. They became friends and have always supported each other, especially when Annie lost the Vice President position in the club. When she graduated, Annie decided to go to the same school as Cole, but that was because she wanted to become an actress and the school was known for producing them. She moved in with Cole when he first decided to get an apartment in LA. Since then, she has been working part time as a marketing intern at the Pantages Theater and part time as a waitress.

“I know you can hear me, Cole! Open this door!” Annie shouted.

Cole knew not to keep Annie waiting. He made sure Rarity could at least support herself on two legs before opening the door.

“Can you explain her?” Annie said when he opened the door. Standing right next to Annie was another woman with hair color and pattern similar to Twilight’s mane. She was tanner and shorter than Rarity, but looked 23. She was about Annie’s height, maybe an inch or two taller. What really stuck out was her purple eyes. It was the first thing you noticed about her as they really did sparkle. Cole believed that she too was naked, as she used the blanket she found to cover herself.

“You and Trina just broke up. Are you really already having one night stands?” Annie continued.

“It’s not a one night stand. It’s more complicated…” Cole said.

“Who is it, Cole?” Rarity said as she walked behind Cole. She seemed to have gotten the concept of walking pretty easily. It was like walking on four hooves, but without thinking about her front hooves.

“Oh,” Annie said being completely confused. First off, Cole wasn’t the type of person to have one night stands. The girl in his room wearing his shirt made some sense, as the girl in his room was attractive. Annie had to admit that she would sleep with her if she were Cole. What didn’t make sense was why that other girl was naked and sleeping on their couch.

“Annie, I know what you’re thinking. Nothing happened. I found these two in an alley and this one was hurt, so I took her here. That’s it.”

“Then where are her clothes?”

“What’s going on?” Ben said as he opened his door and saw a Twilight covered by a blanket. He jumped back a bit when he realized that she was naked.

Ben Silas was a 21 year student in his third year of college. His mother was middle-eastern and his father was English who met while applying for a job in California. He was about average height and weight with brown eyes and short black hair. He would always wear glasses and refused to get contacts.

He was vary geeky. He collects comic books and board games, he plays video games on in every format, he would watch any TV show that has a strong fandom, but the thing he was most proud of was his cosplay. Every year he would go to Comic Con just to cosplay. This year, he is getting a Doctor Strange costume together.

He first met Annie and Cole during his freshmen year, which was Cole’s senior year, when he too joined. Cole took him under his wing and Annie did when Cole graduated. He went to community college for the first two years and then transferred to Cal State LA. He was planning to pay for a dorm, but Cole offered to let him live with him.

“Why is there a naked girl in out apartment?” Ben asked.

“Annie, can you get some clothes for her and I’ll explain everything,” Cole said.

Annie took Twilight by the arm to get her clothes. Walking on two feet was like riding a bike for Twilight. It was hard for her to support herself at first, but she was able to walk fine after the first step. Annie gave her a pair of sweatpants and loose fitting shirt. Twilight took note that there was two beds in the room, but Cole only mentioned two roommates.

“What’s your name?” Annie asked Twilight as she was putting on the clothes. They fit her pretty well, but Twilight was about Annie’s size.

“Twilight Sparkle,” she said while trying to keep the shirt on both shoulders, but one shoulder would fall out when she covered the other one.

“One shoulder is supposed to be out. That’s a weird name.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, normally people aren’t named Twilight. It’s usually a word that means something like Twilight. There are people named Twyla, which means Twilight, but not Twilight.”

“So, what does your name mean? It’s Annie, right?”

“Yeah, but my real name is Anna. It means ‘God had favored me’, but my parents named me that because they met in high school while reading The Diary of Anna Frank.”

Annie and Twilight walked out of the room and into the living room. Ben and Rarity were already sitting on the couch in silence. Rarity had changed into one of Trina’s shirts and Cole had gotten dressed for the day. Luckily, she was able to fit into Trina’s clothes. Twilight sat next to her friend, but Annie stayed standing.

“Alright, Cole,” Annie said, “start talking.”

“Alright. I walking to my car after taking Brandon home and I heard a scream. I went to make sure that they were okay and they turned out to be two small unicorns. One of them got hurt, so I took both of them back here, because they would have dissected them at a vet. I told them they could sleep here tonight and I was going to take them back to the alley today. One of them wasn’t comfortable on the couch, so I took her to my room. I guess that the ponies turned into these girls.”

Ben and Annie looked at him with disbelief. They thought the same thing that he did. There was no way that these women were mystical unicorns. There were so many questions that were unanswered. At the same time, the whole thing was too complex to be a lie. Cole would never come up with a lie like that just to sleep with someone.

“Where did they come from?” Ben asked

“I can answer that one,” Twilight said. “In our world, there is a magic mirror that acts like a bridge between two worlds. I’ve been through it once, but everything was different. There were humans like you, but some of them reminded me of some of the ponies from my world.”

“So wait,” Annie said, “you two are really are unicorns from another world?”

“Yes. And Cole, there might be a small problem with your plan. The portal back to our closed last night, and it won’t re-open for another 30 moons.”

“So you guys are stuck here for 30 days?”

“No Cole,” Ben said. “If they meant 30 days, they would have said 30 days. They’re here for 2 and a half years.”

Twilight realized who long she was going to be away from Equestria. It would be 2 years until she saw her parents or brother or her friends or her teacher, but worst of all, she won’t see Flash. It was the first time they have been apart since they started dating. He had always been at least a letter away, but now she couldn’t even write to him. She broke down crying almost immediately.

“What’s wrong, sweetie?” Annie said. She sat on the couch arm and started to comfort the former unicorn.

“She just got engaged,” Rarity said while she too comforted Twilight. “It’s alright Twilight. We’ll find a way.”

Cole kneeled down next to her and gently put his hand on her knee. If one was looking for it, one could see a tear in Cole’s eye.
“You can stay here as long as you need to,” he said. Everyone let Twilight cry as long as she needed to. They got dressed for the day. Cole gave Rarity some of Trina’s clothes and Annie let Twilight borrow hers.

----------

Flash woke up that morning feeling like crap. He still couldn’t believe that he let his fiancé get trapped in another world for 30 moons. He wondered if there was anything that he could have done to stopped it? He could have just said no. He could have gone through the mirror with her. They would have been trapped, but at least they would have been trapped together.

He took a shower and put on his uniform. He walked to the castle with his head down. Usually, he would walk with Twilight smiling and admiring the crystal ponies. Today, however, they just didn’t seem to shine as they used to. Nothing did. Not the clean streets, not the place, not even the crystal heart. Without Twilight, everything lost its sparkle.

“Hey Flash,” another guard said as he entered the place, “Captain Armor wants to see you.”

Flash knew what was going to happen. He was going to be chewed out by Captain Armor. He was going to lose his job and then his apartment. He would have to move somewhere else and probably become a drunk and, as hard as it was, he could never let Twilight be with a drunk. He would lose everything, because of one minute.

“You wanted to see me, Captain?” Flash said when he entered Shining Armor’s office.

“Please close the door, Flash.” He said. Flash gulped hard, but obeyed. He still was a member of the royal guard, at least for now.

“Permission to speak freely, Captain?” Flash said without hesitation.

“Granted,” Shining said while raising an eye brow.

“Please, sir, don’t fire me. You know that I wouldn’t do anything to put Twilight in harm’s way. Please, Captain.” Flash was practically crying at this point.

“At easy, Flash,” Captain said while laughing, “I didn’t call you in here to fire you. Cadence explained everything to me this morning. I don’t blame you. Twilight was just helping a friend. I called you in here to see if you wanted to go to the cider bar after your shift.”

“What?”

“I just thought that I should get to know my soon to be brother-in-law. So, what do you say?”

“Alright,” Flash said. A smile grew on his face.

“Okay, solder. You still need to put in an eight hour shift. Back to your duty.”

“Yes, sir.”

Flash felt as if a heavy burden was lifted from his back. It still hurt him a bit that he was the one on guard when she got trapped, but that was at the back of his mind. He was actually excited to get to know the Captain.

----------

Everyone made plans for the day when Twilight stopped crying. Cole gave Annie his credit card instructing her to go shopping with the Twilight and Rarity and only get about a week’s worth of clothing. They could borrow Trina and Annie’s pajamas and other things until they could get more money together and afford some luxury items for them. He was trying to figure out where the money would come from. He figured that he would have to start bringing his lunch from home and stop going out as much. Maybe he wouldn’t get tired of watching Netflix.

Ben and Cole left in a hurry because Ben’s first class was at 9:00 and it was about 8:45 when they left. Annie thought that the two new girls would need help with showering and she thought of any way to make it less awkward. The fact was that Annie wasn’t always comfortable with nudity. It came from a poor self-image of herself since High School. While all of her friends had some partner in their four years, Annie was single the entire time, but not by choice. Cole always told her it was because teenage boys were cowards were too afraid to approach a strong woman like Annie. They did, however, need a little help with their underwear, mainly the bra. Annie reluctantly help them, but she felt awkward doing it. She showed them how to do it themselves in hopes that they wouldn’t ask her again.

To her luck, the showers in this would were exactly like the showers in Equestria. Twilight was scared that the water would make the floor slippery. Ben feared that too, so he put in a shower mat. It annoyed his roommates, but not Twilight. Rarity spent most of her time trying to get her signature curl. She was able to do it with Annie’s help. Initially, Annie picked out a simple T-shirt and jeans for each of them, but Rarity’s eye for fashion kicked in and she instead found an outfit that she liked in Trina’s wardrobe. Twilight, on the other hand, was grateful for the clothes, but she did wish that her pants didn’t sag as much.

The three girls climbed into Annie’s Jetta Hybrid. At first, Rarity and Twilight wanted to sit in the back seat together. Annie invited one of them to take the passenger seat, but neither girl wanted to seem rude and take it. Rarity eventually took it. She was a bit nervous about riding in the front seat of a car. In Equestria, all they had was horse-drawn carriages, and those were only used for special occasions or more commonly used everything south of the Everfree Forrest.

Annie took the two to a small boutique that a friend of her owns and would be willing to give her a discount. Rarity felt like she was home when she walked inside. She immediately went off and started picking out outfits for herself. Annie remind her that she could only get a week’s worth, but she was already lost in mixing and matching everything in the store.

“So, who exactly are you?” Annie asked Twilight as they started looking through tops.

“What do you mean?”

“Well, if Cole said was true and you really are…” Annie took a look around to make sure that no one in the store was listening. There really wasn’t anyone in the store. Just the three girls and Annie’s friend, Martha, who was probably in the back making something. “from another world, than you had a life in that other world.”

“I was an alicorn form a place called Equestria and one of the four princesses. I don’t really know what else to tell you.”

“What about her? Who was she?”

“Rarity was a unicorn and a seamstress. She really was one of the first friends I’ve ever had.” Twilight looked at Rarity as she was searching through tops on the other side of the store. She thought of the first time they met in the town hall and how she dragged her to her boutique. She then thought of someone who she hasn’t thought about in a while: Spike.

When Twilight moved with Flash, she offered him to move with her, but he declined. He instead wanted to try the dragon migration again. He wrote to Twilight every day. He said that he met some dragons his age and was having fun this time. In the most heat touching letter, Spike said that he found his parents, who have been looking for him since some Griffons took him as an egg. He said that he was going to stay with them, but he would come by often to visit. Twilight was happy for Spike, but still missed her assistant.

“Are you alright, Twilight?” Annie asked when she noticed a tear starting to form in Twilight’s eye.

“I’m fine. Just thinking about an old friend.”

“Twilight!” Rarity said as she approached the girls with several outfits in each hand, “Try these on, darling. I’m sure you’ll look lovely in at least two of these.”

Rarity handed Twilight every outfit in her left hand. The two went off to the changing rooms. They came out one at a time and started to model the clothes for Annie and Martha, who had joined her shortly after they went into the rooms. Rarity was right. They both looked good in at least two of them. In fact, they looked good in everything Rarity picked out.

“Wow, you have a real eye for fashion,” Martha said to Rarity.

“Thank you, Darling,” Rarity said.

“I would hire you on the spot if you could make clothes and sell them. I’ve been so swamped with work lately. You know girls and homecoming.”

“Actually, I can…”

“Shut up! There is no way that you can look that good, have that good of a fashion sense, and be able to make your own clothes.”

“Well, I don’t like to brag.” Rarity said as she started to blush.

“You are a fashion goddess. What’s your name?”

“Ra-“

“Rachel!” Annie said. It was the first thing that came to mind that starts with a “Ra”. She wasn’t sure why, but she felt like she had to cover up their identities. “Her name is Rachel. She’s an old friend of Cole’s.”

“Yes,” Rarity said when she realized what was happening. “My name is Rachel.”

“Well Rachel, what do you say? Do you want to work in a boutique?”

“That would be lovely,” Rarity said with a smile.

----------

“Alright, I know I have 20 minutes left, but that’s all I got. A few reminder. Due next Wednesday is your one page on your favorite book and why it’s your favorite. You also need a copy of King Lear by next Wednesday. If you want extra credit, bring in a copy of your favorite book on Monday. You guys are free to go.”

Almost all of Cole’s students got up and started to pack up their stuff. Once they were ready, they filed out of the room through one of the two exits. There were a few students that stayed behind to thank Cole, but they too quickly left when they did.

Going into High School, Cole had no idea what he wanted to do for a living until he met his senior English teacher. He saw how much she enjoyed her job and spending all day talking about books. After one conversation about 1984, he realized that he too loved analyzing and talking about books. He decided to be an English teacher that night. After college, the school district that he was in hired him as a substitute teacher. He received an offer to work at Cal State LA after just a year of substitute teaching. He hasn’t regretted it since.

He was packing up his stuff when there was a knock on the door.

“Can we come in,” Rarity said as she poked her head in.

“Yeah,” Cole said. He was a bit busy putting his laptop into its bag to realize it was Rarity. Rarity and Twilight came into the room wearing one of their new outfits. Rarity was wearing a white blouse with a short purple skirt. Twilight was wearing a simple T-shirt with skinny jeans. Both girls were wearing sandals that matched their outfits

“Annie told us to give this to you,” Twilight said as she handed his credit card back to him. “She said that you already paid for enough today.”

“What’s the damage?” Cole asked

“I don’t think we damaged the card at all,” Twilight said.

“I mean, how much did you spend.”

“Oh,” Twilight said a little embarrassed, “about 300 bits… I mean dollars.”

Cole was surprised. Rarity’s blouse alone looked as if it was $145. At first he questioned how much they got. He then remembered Martha’s boutique and how she didn’t mind giving massive discounts to friends and family.

“Well, it looks like it’s Netflix and Ramen for me for at least a month. So, how did you two find me?”

“A nice student pointed us your way,” Rarity said.

“You’re going to find a lot of that here,” Cole said as he noticed that Rarity’s blouse showed some cleavage. He didn’t stare at it again as he still saw the two horses that he picked up last night.

“Anything else happen?” Cole said.

“Oh, I almost forgot. I got a job at your friend’s boutique.”

Cole couldn’t believe how quickly they have adapted to this would. This morning, they were two completely nude women who had trouble walking and who need help getting boxers on. Now, they’re walking on two legs as if they have done it their entire life and now one of them has a job. In a matter of 12 hours, they have completely assimilated into the human society. He began to wonder if it was really that easy. In fairness, Twilight had already been in a similar world. It was like riding a bike for Twilight. As for Rarity, she was used to adapting to new situations. A lady must always be ready for any situation.

“That’s fantastic news, Rarity. What about you Twilight? Anything happen to you?”

“Not really.” Cole could easily pick up that Twilight wasn’t much of a talker, especially when she is observing something. She was looking at the white board that Cole was going to erase. She was specifically looking at the list of books Cole had put on the board.

Books that may be covered

1. King Lear

2. 1984

3. The Outsiders

4. Animal Farm

5. Frankenstein

6. The Catcher in the Rye

7. A Tale of Two Cities

8. Huck Finn

9. Dracula

10. Ulysses (Good Luck)

“What is this Cole?”

“Books that my students should get and read.”

Twilight’s eyes grew big when she heard that last word. She loved to read more than anything. When she lived in Ponyville, most of her reading was non-fiction books that she read as an assignment from Princess Celestia. She has started reading more fiction books since she became a princess. She enjoyed them as she would imagine the story playing out in her head.

“You’re a teacher?” She asked with a excitement in her voice.

“A literature teacher, yes.”

“Oh my gosh! I am so envious. You get to spend all day talking about books! I would give anything to do that.”

“Well if you’re interested, I might need an assistant this semester. I have way more students than before and there is no way that I can effectively grade all of those papers, so the school is letting me hire someone to help me. They are even going to pay for them”

“What would I have to do?”

“Mainly reading through student’s papers and helping me in class. I might even ask for your opinion on a book.”

“I would love to,” Twilight said.

“Alright, you’re hired.”

“Thanks, Cole,” Twilight said with the biggest grin Cole has ever seen. “Annie was going to take us to lunch, do you want to come with us.”

Cole checked his schedule. His next class wasn’t until 2:30 and it was 12:35. He had plenty of time to go off campus and get something to eat.

“Love to,” Cole said. He erased the board and the three walked out of the room.

Author's Note:

Another chapter done. Thank you for reading. I'm grateful for you guys and there is no way that I would be doing this if it wasn't for all of you. It doesn't matter if you liked it or hated it, I'm just glad (really hoping you did this) that you read the whole thing.

I'm sorry if it offended you that Rarity and Twilight were naked and needed help with bras. It has a teen rating for a reason. I hope that didn't stop you from enjoying the chapter. If it did, please don't stop reading.

Thank you are read on.