• Published 18th Sep 2013
  • 1,437 Views, 77 Comments

Equestria Divided Tales - Grenazers



A series of short stories, each one spotlighting one of the six factions troops.

  • ...
4
 77
 1,437

PreviousChapters Next
House of Everfree: Timberwolves

If you are reading this, then that means you've picked this up from my rotting corpse. I have written this letter for the purpose of.....actually I have no idea why I am writing this letter. It's not like I expect anypony to find this letter in the fucking Everfree Forest!

Then again I probably wasn't thinking straight from all that blood I lost. But hey, if anyone does find this bloody letter then I might as well finished what I started.

This whole mess started when our Supreme Commander gave the order of sending a large invasion force into the Everfree Forest. Basically we were suppose to find the source of what's causing the forest's expansion and eliminate it.

Were we skeptical at first, but orders are orders and we follow them regardless. Besides, we have the great General Big Macintosh leading us. From all of his accomplishments and exploits, we all though that with him here, this campaign would go smoothly.

Boy, were we wrong.

So there we were, deep the dark creepy Everfree Forest. I was part of supply caravan, heading towards the troops at the front lines. I remembered seeing ponies cautiously staring into the dark forest, keeping their eyes opened for any creature that might attack us.

As sat on caravan, memories of long ago emerged from my head. When I was just a little colt, I remembered hearing stories of the mysterious and spooky Everfree Forest. I heard tales of strange beast and monsters that lives in the depths of the forest.

This kinda thing makes you wonder, why the hell did somepony thought that it was a great idea to build a town, near the Everfree Forest. I remembered thinking 'You got to be a idiot to g into those woods!' And yet, here I am, years later, in the very depth of this fucking forest.

Aside from the occasional critters that we come across, the mission was rather boring as we did the mundane task of supplying the ponies at the front line.

Then everything went to the hell.

Our downfall started with a loud scream coming from a distance. A few miles ahead of us, I could see a swarm of Earthborn ponies, all bloodied and bandaged, galloping in our direction. Of course me and some of the other guys were confused at what was going on.

Then a voice from above, I believed it came from a pegasus, told everyone to retreat. Not needing to be told twice, we immediately abandoned the caravan and made a run for it. Unfortunately we were cut when a large pack of Timberwolves blocking our path.

I remembered long ago of hearing tales of these mysterious. Savage beast. Timberwolves were just basically wolves, except instead of being bone and flesh, they were made of sticks and leaves. Beside there obvious appearance the Timberwolves have no organs, as they are powered by some unknown magic.

These wooden canines has been a subjected to propaganda, used by the House to show us the danger and evil of magic.
We though of fighting our way through, but when we heard the approaching Everfree forces coming behind us, we decided to go through the woods. In hindsight, this was probably not the most smartest idea ever.

As I was galloping through the dark forest, I could here the sound of Timberwolves chasing after me. I remembered I was in a group with three other ponies, didn't know their names, but do know what they look like. One was a large grey stallion, the second was this pink mare with braided yellow hair, and lastly this chubby looking blue stallion with a messy black mane.

The big guy was the first to go, he hung back and raise his war hammer. In one single swing, shattered two Timberwolves at the same time. His victory was short lived when a third Timberwolf pounced him.
I didn't hear him screams, most likely the wooden beast tore the guy's throat out.

By this point I couldn't see where I was going. I was in very deepest sections of the Everfree Forest, sections where the sun doesn't shine and the trees block out the skies. It was pitch black in there, no way for us to navigate through this area. We were basically sitting ducks out here.

I went in one direction, only to stop when heard the death scream of one of my comrades. Immediately I galloped in another direction. As I galloped, I could hear another scream coming from behind me.

I kept running aimlessly through the forest, but no matter how much I ran, the Timberwolves were right n my tail. This is what makes these beast terrifying, unlike most creatures that would stop after killing one prey, these things don't. Instead of killing for the sake of food, the Timberwolves kill for the sake of being commanded to.

Seeing that it was pointless to run away from these beast, so I decided to stand my ground and take these bastards head on. One came at me and I swung my sword forward, slicing it in half. I thrust my blade into a second wolf, causing my weapon to be stuck.

With no weapon I was completely defenseless against the third Timberwolf. He pounce me to the ground and was ready to sink his wooden fangs into my neck. Reacting quickly I blocked his bite by using my left hoof. It was incredibly painful, but it saved my neck.

I then flip the Timberwolf over and pinned him down with my wounded hoof. With my free hoof I started punching the wolf in his face, causing his wooden head to break and leaving splinters in my hoof. The wolf scratched his claws at my body, desperately trying to get me to let go, but I pressed on and continue the pummeling.

Finally with one last punch I completely shatter the Timberwolve's head. It was a hollow victory as I soon realized just how severe those scratches are. Blood was leaking from my wounds and I was already starting to feel dizzy.

Fighting through my pain, I left the area and found a safe place to rest. And well long story short, I found something to cover up my wounds and I started writing this letter.

Again I'm not sure why I written this letter, I don't expect anypony to find this. However, if you just happened to find this letter then I have some advice.

Make your peace now, because you'll never get out this forest. The Timberwolves know these woods like the back of their wooden paws. They will hunt you, they will find you and they will kill you.

PreviousChapters Next