• Published 18th Sep 2013
  • 1,437 Views, 77 Comments

Equestria Divided Tales - Grenazers



A series of short stories, each one spotlighting one of the six factions troops.

  • ...
4
 77
 1,437

Chapters Next
House of Moon and Star: Slave Warriors

"NO! PLEASE DON'T-" were the last words of the white unicorn stallion said before the spear was plunged down into his eye socket.

The pony wielding the spear looked down upon the dead unicorn he just killed, then lifted his head up and looked at his surroundings. Fire was everywhere, lighting the the dark night with its bright illuminating flames. Various ponies were galloping around and fighting each other, each one dropping like flies as they slay one another. To put it simply: it was utter chaos.

ONE WEEK PRIOR

"MOVE SLAVE!" a large stallion in armor shouted, as he rudely shoved a battered up slave out of the way.

The unicorn in heavy armor is part of the Knights of Celestia, fearless warriors, who follows the teachings of the celestial sisters.His name is Spark Light and he is one of the worst ponies you'll ever meet, especially if you happened to be a slave.

The scarred up orange pony laying on the muddy ground is one of the many Slave Warriors, forced to fight for the house of the Moon and Star. These warriors are made up of pegasus and earth ponies, they are poorly trained and badly equipped, mostly used as cannon fodders by their unicorn masters.

Rapid Dash is this slave's name and he hail from a time before Equestria was divided. Back then he was a Wonderbolt and good one as well. Then things started to change after the royal sisters disappeared and the tension between the ponies escalated.

The Wonderbolts were disbanded and most of the former members joined the house of Stormwing, including the the orange pegasus. However, being a pacifist he refused to fight and was later labelled as a traitor to his race. Not wanting to die Rapid Dash, flew away from the house, only to be captured by some unicorns and sold to the house of Moon and Star.

While under their captivity the orange pegasus was subjugated to many tortures from his slavers. The once pacifist pony changed and will now kill in cold blood. His many scars and bruises are his testament to the many battles and tortures he endured.

Rapid Dash was about to get up, until something struck him from behind. "That will teach you to stand in my, slave." said Spark Light as he trotted away with a squad of Legionnaires following from behind.

The muddy pegasus glared at the leaving knight and was about to pull out his knife, but was suddenly stopped. He looked up and saw a a brown earth pony stopping him from unsheathing his knife. Bronze Slate is his name and like him, he too is a slave forced to fight for the house.

"Not now friend," he said softly. "Save it for 'later'."

Rapid Dash then remembered of the coming day and smile wickedly, those unicorns won't know what hits them until it's too late.

The next three days were peaceful, the slaves were assigned to do some patrols around camp while the supposed real soldiers are on break. Then on the fourth day the unicorn commander order a bunch of slave warriors to come with him in a skirmish. Rapid wasn't chosen but, unfortunately his friend Bronze was.

The brown earth pony was the closes thing to a friend he had in damn camp. Out of all the slaves here, Bronze was the only one to approach him and then befriended. He was there when Bronze was about to depart, this was probably the last time he would ever see his friend.

Whenever slave warriors are involved in a battle, you can expect a high casualty from them. Rapid prayed for his friend safety and return.

Two days passed and there was no word from the forces that left the camp. He hopes they would return soon or else be left behind when the day come. Eventually they did return and right on time too, today is the day where the slaves would set in motion their plan.

Rapid search among the returning slave warriors, their numbers had dwindled the last time he saw them. He looked and looked, and he eventually found him. The pony was being carried on a stretcher and is heavily covered in bandages.

He asked the mare that was holding the stretcher, what happened. She explained that Bronze was leading a group of slave warriors to flank some Earthborn artillery guns. They were succesful but, one of the one turned their cannon on them and he was blasted.

He was lucky the cannon didn't hit him directly but, not lucky enough since the cannon;s shrapnel hit his body. Bronze is alive but, he is in no condition the move.

This was bad, the orange pegasus thought in his head. The plan was going down tonight, his friend is in no condition to participate and will be left behind. Rapid refuse to abandon his friend and decide to try to escape with his friend, despite his injuries.

He left the medical tent and memorized which tent it was. He trotted back to the slave quarters and prepared for what's coming tonight.

Hours passed and the sun was gone, in its place is the bright shining moon. Two legionnaires were on patrol during the night. On their patrol the two spotted a female pony sneaking around, They chased after her and cornered her. In her arms is a bunch of ration, most likely stolen from storage.

"Well what do we have here?" the legionnaire on the left said.

"Looks like this bitch has stolen some rations," the one on the right mockingly.

"Please don't tell anyone," the mare pleaded the two guards.

"And why should we do that?"

"They'll execute me if they did." she explained.

The two unicorn chuckled. "Well little filly, we'll consider looking the other way but, in exchange you have do something for us."

The mare looked at their lustful gaze and knew what they wanted. "Alright, lets go somewhere private,' she said submissively and led them to a nearby tent. The three ponies entered into a dark tent, not able to see, one of the guard used his magic to light up the room. His magic revealed four other ponies waiting in the dark.

The four ponies acted instantly, they quickly and silently took out the two guards. The five slaves emerge out of the tent, including the mare and Rapid Dash. One of the slaves was holding the dead guard's keys, they all split up to play their roles and went off.

Their plans are already set in motion and like all plans, this one has a series of steps to follow. The first on the list is Step One: Secure the keys. They already got the keys, now it up to the next part of the plan.

Step Two: Silence the Watchers. This step involves taking out the guards in the watchtowers, Rapid Dash snuck around the tents, avoiding the sight of the guard on top of the tower. The orange pegasus took out a blowpipe which he stole from some zebras. Inserting a poisonous dart, he aimed and blew. The dart hit its mark and the guard quickly succumbed to the poison and died. At the same time numerous other watchtower guards are being picked off by the slaves.

With the guards taken care of it's on to Step Three: Unleash the Horde. The pony holding onto the keys galloped to the slave quarters and released the slaves. The freed slave took up arms and went onto the next phase of their plan.

Step Four: Raise Hell. The slaves began slaughtering their unicorn masters, the entire camp was in chaos. The unicorns were being killed in their sleep by the slaves they tormented over the years. Eventually the rest of the house of Moon and Star forces, started to wake up and immediately began quelling the slave riot.

Amiss this chaos, Rapid Dash gallop around the battle, heading towards the medical tent. As he entered he saw that most of the injured ponies were already gone. He then found his unconscious friend laying on the ground. The orange pegasus picked up Bronze and carried him out of there on his back.

He galloped as quickly as he could in the carnage around him. Everywhere the slaves and unicorn forces savagely fought one and another. Slaves being blasted apart by the Markmages, unicorns being pierced by the slave's spears, Seraph attacking from above, and the Knights smashing through the slaves like flies.

Rapid evaded many of the fighting happening around him. His goal in mind is reach the wall of the camp, he needs to get out of here before the riot stops. This was also part of their plan, Step Five: Freedom.

The pegasus and his companion finally reached the wall. Unfortunately, what awaits for them is a unicorn knight fighting against five other slaves. One of them charged at the knight, with his spear charging at him. The knight deflected the attack with his shield and swung his morning star, smashing the slave's face.

Upon seeing their company dead, the rest of the four charge at the knight. Despite being in heavy armor, the knight moved swiftly and dodge the jabs from their spears. The knight then raises his morning star and smashed two of the slaves, sent their bodies flying. He then rotated and whack one the slave with his shield. With only one slave standing, the knight lit up his horn and blasted the him. He then trotted to the down slave he hit with his shield and used the sharp end of the morning star's handle and stabbed him in the chest.

Rapid Dash stared in shock at the carnage the knight dished out on the five slave warriors. But, upon closer look the pegasus recognizes the knight. It is Spark Light, the same bastard that knocked you down a week ago. He placed his friend down on the ground and picked up spear from the fallen slaves. He approached the unicorn knight and raised his weapon, indicating a fight.

Spark Light was more than happy to accept and charge at the scarred pony swinging his morning at him. The pegasus quickly evaded his first attack but, the knight swung his shield at him. It made contact and knocked the slave warrior on his back. Spark raised his weapon and swung it downward, Rapid reacted quickly and roll out of the way.

The pegasus then jab the spear toward his opponent's morning star, its chain getting tangled around the spear. He then pulled the weapon away from the knight and threw it away. He hastily picked up another spear and jabbed towards the knight.

Spark raised his shield again and levitated a nearby spear and tried to stab his orange opponent. Rapid dodge the spear and tackled the shield. This action resulted in pushing the shield to the knight, smashing his face. Stunned by the sudden pain, the knight couldn't see the slave taking out his knife.

He then stabbed the knife into the unicorn snout, causing him to blindly fire his magic. This lucky shot hit Rapid and sent him to the ground. The knight used his magic to painfully remove the knife and stared daggers at the down slave. He picked up a spear and leveled it above the pegasus. He was about to plunge the blade down but, was stopped when he felt something jumped on his back.

Then he felt a pair of teeth touching his ear, and next came extreme pain. The pony on his back bit onto the unicorn's ear tightly. Spark Light tried to get him off but, his attacker has wrapped his arms around his head and is holding tightly. Concentrating, the unicorn levitated the pony of his back, losing his helmet in the process and exposing his white head.

He tossed his attacker to the ground and turn his head to see the pony who bit him. The pony laying across him is a heavily bandaged brown earth pony taking deep breath. He felt a trail of blood sliding down on his face, he raised his hoof to feel his ear but, found nothing. He realized that the slave has bitten his ear off.

"You goddamn little shit!" Spark Light yelled at the panting earth pony.

The white unicorn started to beat the earth pony to death with his shield. "This for taking for taking my fucking ear, you bastard!" he shout and continued to whacking him.

The sound of the beating awoken the injured pegasus and saw the knight beating on somepony. His eyes cracked wide opened as he saw the knight beating on his friend. Rapid slowly got up and rushed at the knight, raising his right hoof he punched the white unicorn's face.

Spark Light backed up from the sudden attack, only to receive another punch to the face. Then another punch and another, with one last punch the pegasus knocked the knight onto the ground. He then picked up a spear and leveled above the unicorn. Seeing the weapon aimed at him Spark Light started to panic.

"NO! PLEASE DON'T-" were the last words of the white unicorn stallion said before the spear was plunged down into his eye socket.

Rapid Dash panted from the sudden adrenaline boost, that is starting to slowly fade away. He trotted toward his fallen friend, kneeling down he placed his ear on his friend's chest and listen closely. If he hear his heart beat then his friend should still be alive. Sadly he didn't hear anything.

Sadden by his friend death, he gave him a quick eulogy before heading to the wall. Just as planned a part of the wall was destroyed, allowing a exit for the slaves to go through. Rapid crawled through the hole and was on the other side. He looked around and saw other slaves escaping the camp.

Not wanting to get captured, Rapid Dash quickly galloped to out of there, not looking back. In his head the orange pegasus thought about what to do next. He was freed but, now not? No place is safe for him, the House of Moon and Star would either kill him or enslave him.

The house of Stormwing is out of the question, they kill all deserters on sight. He didn't want to live in the forest or join that insane cult of laughter. This left either the house of Whitegold or the house of Earthborn, he heard some nasty things about the ponies of whitegold and those Earthborn ponies are just as militaristic as the house of Stormwing.

Pondering his decision, Rapid came to a conclusion. He choose none of the above and just live the life of hermit, not wanting to be part of the ongoing conflict. With his mind up the orange pegasus trotted off in a aimless direction, starting a new chapter in his life.

Author's Note:

Like the description said, each chapter will feature a different unit from one of the six factions. Since this was the house of Moon and Star, don't expect to hear from this faction for a while until I do one for the other five factions.

Chapters Next