• Published 18th Sep 2013
  • 1,439 Views, 77 Comments

Equestria Divided Tales - Grenazers



A series of short stories, each one spotlighting one of the six factions troops.

  • ...
4
 77
 1,439

PreviousChapters Next
Cult of Laughter: Grinning Worms

If you are reading this then that means I'm probably gone.

My name is detective Radiant Summer and this is my journal. I am member of the BPD, Baltimare Police Department. The city of Baltimare is my home, I was born and raised in this fine city. Even after our country was divided, the ponies of this city refused to be part of the ongoing conflict and are labelled as neutral.

Like the rest of the citizens of this city, we though we'll safe, unfortunately this war has spread its influence across the land. Various pundits are formed and many have settled in our city, thinking they can rule the place. That's where us police officer comes in and crack down these criminal scums.

At first we only had to deal with the usual criminals but, then the those House of Whitegold declared war on the diamond dogs. Now we have to deal with the occasional dog raids. But the worse so far this crazy cult called the Cult of Laughter.

Apparently these ponies worshiped the fallen Element of Laughter, Pinkie Pie. However, these cults have a twisted sense of humor. They believe that death is the only cure for the sadness and grief that everypony are feeling during this hard time.

Many times I and some police cracked down onto these cults hideouts, each one more disturbing than the last one. In these hideouts the cult seems to strange fascination with death, and they usually have rotting corpses down there. Even worse they seem to decorate these body for their strange rituals.

This started to become very common for us, as more cultist appear in our city. Even more disturbing are some of their members. I can still remember it now, on one of our raids I found Jade to be one of its member. Jade was young teenager living with his uncle. I met him a couple of times because I always find him getting into fights.

He was OK kid, just need to spend more times on his homework than fighting other ponies. I warned him of the cult that he was with but, he explained that he promised that they'll reunite with his parents again. Another thing about this cult, is that they promised to bring back the happiness to the land and help ponies be with their love ones again.

After Jade, I found more familiar faces among these cults. There was Mr. Biscuit, the owner of the Biscuit's cafe, Mrs. Honey Spot, Jade's principle, Monkey Wrench, the repair guy and Rocky Bits, the mayor's son. The this is starting to become a serious problem.


OK this is just getting worse, before the more ponies were becoming cult members. But, now certain ponies are disappearing. Solar Point, is one Baltimare richest citizen. He was well known for his many charitable donations and was a kind pony.

Then he just disappeared without a trace. According to his friends they stopped hearing from the guy three days ago. He was last seen going home but, not actually leaving his house. I investigate his home and found nothing, the stallion just simply disappeared.

As we were investigating Solar disappearance we got another call of a missing pony. Dusk Shimmer, a high school teacher never attended his class. While investigating this case, his wife mentioned a box. In her description the box a picture of three balloons and a jester hat with a crescent moon shape. This was the symbol of the Cult of Laughter.

Now knowing that they are behind these disappearances, I went to interrogate a cult member. I asked Jade if he knew of the sudden disappearance. He just replied that that got what they deserved. When I press the issue further, he remains quiet. I warn him of the consequences he'll face for affiliating with these cultists. He just laughed and said whatever punishment he gets, the cult will do it twice as harsh.

Seeing that I won't be getting any more info from him, I Just left him in his cell. Then as I was about to go home, a messenger arrived and told me another disappearance has occurred. The missing pony is named Trench, he unemployed, married and has a son.

When I came to question the family, the wife was absolutely sad about his sudden disappearance. Strange as the son doesn't seem sad at all. When I asked him about this, he just said that he was glad he is gone. The child told me that his dad is mean and hurts mommy. Then the last thing he said send chills down my spine. He said "daddy got what he deserved".

I remembered those words from Jade earlier today, after that I decided to put more research into the missing ponies. With a lot investigating and asking around I discovered that Solar Point and and Dusk Shimmer were quite horrible ponies.

Solar under paid his workers and forced the female to do some sexual things to him. For Dusk Shimmer I discovered that he has been getting kids addicted to drugs, so that he can sell some to them. And now with Trench, the thing these guys have in common is that they have harmed somepony.

While in my train of thought another messenger arrived and in the form of another missing pony. The difference in this one is that there is an actual witness. Hearing those words made rushed over the location, with a witness we may know the cause of all this.

I arrived on the scene, asked the local officer to point towards the witness. As I met the witness, the poor stallion looked scared to death. I tried to communicate with him but, got no response. I asked the same officer if then he said anything before I got here. The officer stated that the witness spoke of some kind of worm that eats ponies, and show them horror.

Not sure what to make of this, I decided to continue on the search for the culprit causing these strings of disappearances.


I got the box. Yeah, that's right the box from the Cult of Laughter. The supposed box that is connected the pony disappearing. But, think I'm getting ahead of myself here, let me explained.

After the first few disappearance, soon more came afterwards. Not only that but' witness saying that each missing pony received a box before their sudden disappearances. The boxes were retrieved from but, this proved useless as they were just empty boxes.

Upon closer inspection I realized that these boxes were once enchanted before it wears off. I thought of using my own magic to re-enchant the box but, the thing is I got no idea what to expect once I put my magic in this box. So this why I am writing this journal, if something does happen to me, then I pray that my replacement does a better job I ever did.

This was the last entry of Detective Radiant Summer before his sudden disappearance. In the following days after the loss of the detective, more ponies gone missing. More witnesses to shocked to say anything except the mentioning of a grinning worm like creatures that devours ponies and shows the survivors something they call the horror.

PreviousChapters Next