• Published 17th Sep 2013
  • 3,849 Views, 77 Comments

City of Shadows - GuyGalProductions



Reclusive ex-model Fluttershy has been made the victim of an unimaginably sadistic stalker, and only one woman can save her: Rainbow Dash, Private Eye

  • ...
6
 77
 3,849

Chapter Eight: Closer, Closer

Chapter 8: Closer, Closer

The next morning, after waking up yet again to one another’s warm presence, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were heading out to the police station. It had been a nice morning, full of cuddling and having breakfast together, all the while getting some ideas of where to go for their date. But that was for later.

Now Rainbow Dash found herself facing the same gray facade of the local precinct, but this time, far from feeling the usual annoyance and bitterness upon eyeing the building, Dash actually felt a bit of a thrill. There were few things she enjoyed more than showing up the cops, not to mention wrapping up a case that was long overdue and securing Fluttershy’s continued safety.

Entering the precinct, Officer Twilight Sparkle was at the desk yet again, and looked up to see them coming in.

“Hey I know you said you’d call us, but boy have I got something for you,” Rainbow said, grinning excitedly.

Twilight looked to them both in surprise, “Really? So do I, in fact. But you first. What is it that you have?”

“I show you mine you show me yours eh?” Rainbow said, “Alright then. Two words, copper: Human trafficking.”

“...Human trafficking?” Twilight repeated, “This has to do with Sombra’s actions?”

“Think about it this way, since you love the connections game,” Rainbow said, swagger going on full, “Right, so Sombra, evil crazy black-hearted game-player, yeah? Profile my mentor worked up on him described him as a serial delusionist, a loner. Smart and crazy, pretty much. But look at what he’s been up to lately. Associates? why the heck would Sombra have associates. Especially mobbed up casino types?

“Turn it upside down. Think of frame of reference for it all. What if there were two Sombras? One real one, the original crazy asshole, and a second that associates with scumbags and contracts out his kidnapping game. He learns the methods well enough, the cops just see the Sombra M/O and pass it on down the line. I mean how realistic is the department thinking about catching this guy if a uniformed officer is the main person working this case? I mean no offence, you’re probably smarter than half the detectives but they probably don’t appreciate or realize that.”

The room was silent for a few moments, aside from the sound of the radio, before Twilight spoke up again.

“That… wow, I thought of that theory, but we had no real evidence to support it,” Twilight murmured, wide-eyed. “And I think it makes sense because the guy we took into custody isn’t who we thought.”

“Okay then, your turn. Spill.” Rainbow said, her curiosity sufficiently whetted.

Twilight brought out a file, sliding it over to her, “The suspect we caught had an airtight alibi. He was across town the night that Fluttershy’s apartment was broken into. It turns out that he was actually at a movie with his friends during the evening, and he was at work during the day, we had it all confirmed. His alibi was indeed airtight and true. He doesn’t even have a car, and the nearest bus stop from Fluttershy’s apartment is over eight blocks away.”

“So no way he could try and put the spook on Flutters, but he’s still bust worthy for the electronics theft.” Rainbow gave a nod. “Yup, if that doesn’t have organized crime written all over it I don’t know what does.”

“Yes… So our true suspect is operating under Sombra’s name to throw us off because of the fact that Sombra has been impossible to catch,” Twilight surmised, “It was true all along…”

“...Where… do we go from here?” Fluttershy asked, a litle bit worried. “I know Jackpot and his associates are up to something, we had it on recording,” she placed the tape recorder onto the desk, “But what we caught is a bit vague.”

"Unfortunately," Rainbow began, a slight frown creasing her brow, "The fact that Twilight here has also come up with a similar theory and yet nothing's been done, means that the cops are waiting for hard evidence before they accept that everything they had thought about was wrong..."

Twilight nodded in agreement, “There isn’t much else we can do. I have tried convincing the team on the case that we need to investigate further, but they’re not budging. However, I might have a plan for you two to follow, if you’d be willing.”

“I’m more than willing to take this bastard down,” Rainbow said, pounding her fist into her hand.

“Okay,” Twilight said, then lowered her voice, “For now, you two need to keep a low profile. You’ve done a good job of that so far, so that’s good. We also need to further investigate that man, Jackpot. What we have on him so far isn’t substantial, but I know there’s something up with him. We know he frequents to a casino on Long Island, so in a few days, the two of you should go undercover there, and keep an eye on him.”

“...I think we can do that,” Fluttershy said, “Especially if both of us are in disguise.”

“I know the casino scene pretty well,” Rainbow said, mulling the plan over in her head, “Not surprising really. You wouldn’t believe how many runaways and cheating spouses end up on Long Island.”

The officer snorted in agreement, “I’ve had to go undercover over there sometimes. You’d be right.”

“I’ve been to the casino on Long Island, and a few others,” Fluttershy mentioned. At their looks, she shook her head, “Oh, no. Not for the reasons you think. They were for publicity reasons.”

“I’m sure,” Rainbow said with a little laugh.

Twilight then took a notepad, scribbling something down on it, “Here’s my personal cell phone number. You’ll be able to contact me through that.”

Fluttershy took it, “Thank you, Twilight. It’ll help.”

“Glad to see you takin’ an interest in the case, above and beyond, I mean,” Rainbow said giving the officer a smile.

“Well,” Twilight smiled, “I figured it’s time to do something, especially with what’s come up. I just wished we could’ve done more to help you, Fluttershy.”

Giving a smile, Fluttershy held Rainbow’s hand, out of view of the desk, “It’s all right… I think it turned out just fine.”

“Yeah, guess things did sort of workout…” Rainbow said stroking the back of Fluttershy’s hand with her thumb.

“Right,” said the officer, giving a little smile, “Well, if you need anything else, just call me.”

“If you lose your number we’ll just dial 911,” Rainbow said with a laugh.

Fluttershy giggled, while Twilight rolled her eyes good-naturedly.


For their date that evening, they decided on going to the Rock Farm. It may not have been much, or even fancy, but Fluttershy was all too happy to comply with the idea. They’d already been there before and it was also the first they’d ever gone to together. Even their second trip there led to a few moments that was all but showcasing their growing feelings.

Tonight, it seemed like a great start to the new step in their partnership. As well as that, it was without the professional code. Tonight, it was about their relationship. And as such, they even wore nice dresses for the evening together.

Fluttershy wore a pretty dress she’d taken with her. A green and yellow number with thin spaghetti straps, reaching past her knees, and a sweetheart neckline. Along with that were green flats, while her hair was styled nicely and let down freely along her shoulders and back.

Rainbow opTed for a dark, almost blood red dress she’d kept in her closet for nice occasions. It was a relatively simple style, with a scooped out neckline and a fit that flared just below the hips so as to accentuate her curves, subtle as they were on Rainbow’s lean form. The length of the dress came to just above the knees showing off her long legs. Despite Rainbow’s usual no frills approach to life, she had always enjoyed the little embellishments of this particulate dress, namely the delicate yet stylish layer of black lace that was layered into the bodice. Though the shorter woman tended to shun heels (“What’s the point? You can’t run in them, they hurt like a bitch, and you can’t take five steps without worrying that you’ll break your neck.”), she had take a shine to a pair shoes that were essentially black combat boots with a five inch wedge.

In perfect honesty, Fluttershy could not keep her eyes off the other woman. Much like the night before on their undercover job, she looked absolutely beautiful.

They entered the bar, with a knowing and playful smirk from Applejack, who let them in without question.

All at once, they were immediately greeted by Pinkie, who seemed to know exactly what was going on.

“Oooooohhhhhh! Well, finally! Don’t you two worry, I’ll have you all set up! Wait right here!” She said excitedly, before bouncing off to prepare a table.

Rainbow laughed to herself, turning to Fluttershy, “Well, I didn’t tell her.”

“I didn’t, either…” Fluttershy said, blinking.

“I swear she’s had this weird sixth sense ever since I’ve met her, guess you could call it intuition,” Rainbow said her eyes following the pinkette as she lite a little candelabra on a single set table. “Whatever it is, freaks me out sometimes.”

Pinkie arranged the table with the candle, then added a little vase with a couple of flowers in it. She even added a cherry-red table cloth to further add to the atmosphere of the setting. With a bright smile, she turned to the two women.

“Here you go, ladies! A perfect setting for your date! I’ll be right back with your drinks!” Pinkie said, winking at them before she went behind the bar.

“Didn’t even ask for our order…” Rainbow muttered as she made her way to the table, but even the mysteries of Pinkie Pie could not keep a smile from her face. Arriving at the table before her date, and remembering a bit of dating advice her father had once given her, Rainbow pulled out Fluttershy’s chair for her. “Uh… after you?”

Giggling, Fluttershy smiled more and sat down, “Thank you!”

“Don’t mention it,” Rainbow said settling opposite Fluttershy, “Sorry if my manners seem a bit… Let’s just say I been on a real date since high school, and trust me, none of those went well.”

“It’s all right,” Fluttershy reached over to touch her hand, “I’m not exactly very well experienced, all things considered. But this is a whole new learning process for me, too…”

“Then I guess we have no choice but to be ourselves,” Rainbow said, smiling at this thought.

Laughing at the sentiment, Fluttershy beamed. She felt a sense of peace that she hadn’t felt on a date, and it was wonderful. There wasn’t a sense of it being awkward, as well as trying not to look stupid in front of the other person. It all felt a lot better than she imagined it would be. Here they were, in a place they were familiar with, after everything that had happened between them. It didn’t feel like a typical first date.

It felt more like a new step in what they already had.

Fluttershy took in the woman sitting across from her, still amazed at how lovely she looked. But what attracted her more was Rainbow’s smile. It filled her heart with happiness, further attributing to their sweet, romantic environment. The candlelight danced off her face in a warm, soft glow. She may have been a lovely woman, she may have been a gumshoe, but she was Rainbow Dash. She wouldn’t have her any other way.

“I’d love that very much,” Fluttershy cooed, gazing at her lovingly.

“I don’t think I know how to be anyone else,” Rainbow said laughing, her smile wide as could be.

In the flickering candlelight, it was Fluttershy’s eyes that Rainbow couldn’t tear her gaze away from. They glinted in the orange glow, like jewels set in the face of the most perfect beauty she could ever have imagined. She had once extolled at length on how attractive and expressive Fluttershy the model had been, but compared to Fluttershy the assistant detective, she couldn’t help to compare.

Fluttershy seemed to have grown more beautiful with each day Rainbow saw her, each moment they spent together she grew more real… more Fluttershy, and Rainbow simply wouldn’t have had her any other way.

“Neither do I…” Fluttershy reached over again, touching her hand and playing with her fingers, “I’ve never… felt this way on a date before…”

“Yeah I think this how they’re supposed to feel,” Rainbow said spreading her fingers and playing with Fluttershy’s in turn. “I mean we haven’t even gotten to the food or anything…. You got that warm feeling in your chest too?”

A soft blush coated her cheeks as the ex-model nodded, “I do, Rainbow… I’ve had it before we got here,” she placed her free hand over her heart, “My heart is going to burst.”

“Well not to get too mushy...” Rainbow said, her lips quirked in a small smile, “...but yeah, I think I got that too. I’ve had it for a while now, ‘shy, and I know it’s a cliche but… Yeah I’ve never felt like this before.”

Gazing into her superior and girlfriend’s radiant cerise eyes, Fluttershy felt yet another flutter to her heart. Even when Pinkie came back to place down their drinks and menus, she didn’t tear her gaze for a second. She was captivated, with the way those eyes looked back into her own, bearing all of her feelings. It wasn’t just a gumshoe who tended to be quiet about mushier feelings, but a woman. Letting out how she was feeling, being more comfortable, and having nothing to hold her back. Fluttershy couldn’t help feeling all the more amazed at their development. Client, friend, lover, and rookie partner.

With a giggle, Fluttershy leaned a little closer, “It’s amazing, isn’t it? You look so… beautiful. I can’t even describe it, but, you just seem so… well, awesome in this kind of way, too.”

“Guess that’s another level of awesome to put under my belt. Fearless private investigator… and looks good in a dress,” Rainbow said chuckling to herself, though her words were a bit teasing the soft tone of her voice showed nothing but warmth for the ex-model. “You know, I know you made a career of it and all, but you look really beautiful tonight too. Not just in that 2-D magazine page way either… You’re sort of… Glowing.”

“Oh…” Fluttershy cooed, the warm feeling in her chest returning, “Thank you… Well, I certainly have a lot of reasons to be glowing right now. You certainly are glowing, too…”

“What?” Rainbow looked at her hands as if she could somehow descend her ‘glow-factor’ from them, though it was all in jest. “I...I don’t glow… I just look happy, or kick ass, or angry. That’s my comfortable range of emotions,” She retorted, the snark in her tone almost palatable.

“Could’ve fooled me,” Fluttershy playfully pouted.

“Enough, enough, fine I’m glowing,” Rainbow said putting her hands up playfully, “Just be careful with those lips and that pout… you got more fire power there than anything I carry around.”

This made Fluttershy laugh, shaking her head, “You’re such a delight.”

“A delight? That’s gotta be the first time anyone’s called me that, though I’ll add it to my list of nicknames,” Rainbow said with a snort, “Alphabetically it’ll go right under that really nasty one that starts with a ‘C’.”

Cringing, Fluttershy pouted a bit, “Well, you’re certainly not getting filthy language from me.”

“None at all?” Rainbow said with a little smirk, hoping to play off any discomfort Fluttershy felt as she usually did: With her own brand of charm. “Because I was hoping after our date I might get you saying a few very naughty things to me~”

Perking a bit, this made the pinkette smile, “Well, that depends what you have in mind… But I’m sure there are ways I could say a few… naughty things~”

Rainbow gave her little wink and grinned over the of her drink as she took a sip, “Mmmm… well that’s just awesome~”

“Oh, yes…” Fluttershy sipped her drink as well, giggling.

Pinkie appeared again, “Okay, you two loverbirdies, what’ll it be?”

Straightening herself, Fluttershy took a quick glance at the menu and handed it over to her, “I’ll have the same as I did before. Oh, and fries this time, hold the salad.”

“Ditto,” Rainbow said quickly not even cracking the menu, “Why mess with success, eh?”

Snickering, Pinkie took the menus from them, “Oh, I think you know far too well about that, Dashie! Be back with your food in a bit!” She winked at the two, then traipsed off.

Rainbow shook her head, chuckling to herself, “I don’t know what makes that woman tick, but she always seems to get things right…” Rainbow smiled to herself, staring after the wayward pinkette, “...wonder if she’ll ever find someone?”

Shrugging, Fluttershy followed her gaze, then looked to see a woman sitting herself at the bar. Despite the casual wear, she was surprised to see that it was officer Twilight Sparkle. The moment Pinkie caught sight of her, she rushed to the bar and grinned, talking to her.

“Well, you never know,” Fluttershy said, smiling a bit.

Rainbow gave a little snort of laughter at the sight of Pinkie and Twilight together, “Yeah, guess you never do… Never figured Pinkie would go for bacon.”

“Life is full of surprises…” Fluttershy cooed, reaching over to gently tousle a strand of her rainbow hair.

Rainbow smiled warmly at the affectionate gesture. “Sure is… Like a model and a P.I. stepping out together and falling for eachother.”

“Oh, yes… then becoming partners, no less…” Fluttershy beamed.

“And who knows what we’ll become next~” Rainbow said, a sultry tone playing about the edges of her voice.

The implications made Fluttershy’s spine tingle, but it didn’t deter her, “You’re right, Rainbow… It’s all so wonderful. I’ve waited my whole life for a moment like this…”

“You know, I’d thought I’d ever get a moment like this. Candle lit dinner with the world’s most beautiful woman? Nah that only happens to fancy upper crust socialites... Still here I am, candles and everything.”

“Hee… Well, I’m sure glad you feel your fantasy came true~” Fluttershy giggled, winking.

“Well there’s plenty more where that one came from~” Rainbow replied, winking back.

Letting out a laugh, Fluttershy leaned a bit closer, “Oh, Dashie… I’d love to hear your fantasies… Goodness knows I’ve come to have quite a few of my own~”

“I want you to tell me each and every one,” Rainbow said softly, reaching for Fluttershy’s hand and stroking it gently.

“And you tell me yours,” said Fluttershy, placing her hand on top of hers.

Rainbow leaned in until their lips were mere inches from eachs from each other. The detective stared into Fluttershy’s beautiful teal eyes once more. Just as she had done ever since the first day they had met, and even before that, it was Fluttershy’s eyes that captivated her, and it was Fluttershy’s eyes that held her now.

“No problem, Fluttershy,” Rainbow whispered with a voice like silk.

Entranced by the other woman, the smile on Fluttershy’s lips grew, “Rainbow Dash… you’re such a wonder…”

“And you… you wonderful, beautiful thing…” Rainbow felt an indescribable emotions fill her chest. It was a feeling of security that she hadn’t felt in many many years, combined with an intimacy and attraction she had never known before meeting this amazing woman.

‘Is this...no, I mean… can’t be...but it feels like…. love.’

The word fell heavy on the gumshoe’s mind, sticking despite her usual aversion to it. Love was something she had always brushed aside. An idea that people used as an excuse to do stupid and crazy things. A temporary insanity that gripped the hearts and mind of fools… and yet there was nothing else that could accurately described how she felt.

Giggling a bit, Fluttershy closed the gap, touching their lips in a sweet kiss. She pulled back after a few moments, reaching over to stroke her hair, “I’m having such a good time so far, Rainbow… In fact, these past days we’ve been with each other… Have been some of the best of my life. You’ve really… brought so much hope back into my life…”

“Geez, Flutters… that’s… Wow, that’s really sweet… and not to be too mushy or nothing but… You’ve done the same for me. I don’t know what I’d be doing now if it wasn’t for you stepping into my office, but I certainly wouldn’t feel this good,” Rainbow said, smiling warmly.

Fluttershy smiled more as well, “I don’t know where I’d be if I didn’t seek you out, Rainbow… I don’t know what I’d be doing. But it’s wonderful that we truly had the chance to find each other.”

Rainbow once more took Fluttershy’s hand in her own, stroking the delicate, pale skin of it with her thumb. “You’re wonderful….just wonderful~”

Pinkie came over, as if skipping, and placed their food in front of them, “Here you goesies! Enjoy, you adorable loverbirdies! And good timing, too! Rarity is going to be doing a set any minute now!”

As if responding to Pinkie’s words a low spotlight flared to life on the stage and out from behind a curtain stepped Rarity who had traded in her waitress uniform for a deep blue, flirty cocktail dress. Rarity smiled knowingly to the detective and her date and sat down at the bench to the baby grand piano that occupied a corner of the stage.

The sometimes waitress took a deep breath and played a slow scale, her fingers gliding over the ivories, playing each and every note from low to high. After a few moments, during which the low buzz of chatter in the bar dies away, Rarity began to hum softly… and then she began to sing in soft elegant voice.

Like the beat, beat, beat,
Of the tom-tom;
When the jungle shadows fall,
Like the tick, tick, tock
Of the stately clock,
As it stands against the wall,
Like the drip, drip, drip,
Of the raindrops,
When the summer show'r is through;
So a voice within me
Keeps repeating,
You, you, you

Night and day
You are the one,
Only you
Beneath the moon
And under the sun.
Whether near to me or far,
It's no matter,
Darling, where you are
I think of you
Night and day.

Day and night
Why is it so,
That this longing for you follows
Where-ever I go?
In the roaring traffic's boom,
In the silence of my lonely room,
I think of you,
Night and day.

Night and day
Under the hide of me
There's an
Oh, such a hungry yearning,
Burning inside of me.
And its torment won't be through
Til you let me spend my life
Making love to you,
Day and night,
Night and day.”

Rarity concluded her number and covered the keys of the piano. She smiled out to the limited audience, a radiant shine emanating from her, her eyes seeking those of a certain bouncer who grinned appreciatively back at her. In moments like these the simple cocktail waitress was transformed into shining star.

“Wow…” Fluttershy murmured, moved by the song itself and the sweet performance. “She’s a lovely singer…”

“Yeah, no kidding…” Rainbow added, feeling the song resonate within her, “I don’t know if I’ve ever heard her more...on.

It was funny how songs could sometimes speak to you, kind of like they’re expressing how you feel. Fluttershy felt a warmth within her chest rise again as she calmly ate her food. She smiled then toward her superior and lover, her cheeks pink. If she was able to pick a song to describe her feelings, this would be it. So far, anyway. She had a feeling there would be plenty of songs along the way.

“I think… it says a lot about how we feel,” she said.

“I think we have a certain bartender to thank for the song selections,” Rainbow said with a smile.

Glancing over to Pinkie, Fluttershy could see her chatting animatedly with Twilight. Much to even her own surprise, Twilight was laughing and smiling the entire time. They seemed to have nice chemistry together, especially with Pinkie sometimes touching her arm.

“Oh, I think you’re right, Rainbow… And I think she’s made a new friend…” Fluttershy giggled.

“Yeah, well something tells me Twilight Sparkle there could use a friend or two,” Rainbow laughed a little, “Then again, Pinkie might be all the friend Miss. By-The-Book can handle.”

Laughing a little, Fluttershy continued eating her food. She took a fry from her own plate, sticking it between her teeth, but not biting down on it. The rest of it dangled out between her lips as she turned back to Rainbow, batting her eyelashes.

Rainbow giggled, leaning forward and taking the dangling bit in her teeth and biting down on it just as her lips met. Rainbow gave her a quick kiss before pulling away and grinning as she chewed the bit of fried potato.

“I take it you’ve watched more than a few romantic comedies?” Rainbow said, chuckling.

“Yes…” Fluttershy blushed, giggling, “And maybe I… wanted to pick up where we left off that one time we were trying to do that~”

“Holy crap, I forgot about that,” Rainbow said, laughing hard. “Wow, we’ve really been heading towards this date for a while now, huh?”

The infectious sight of Rainbow laughing was all too much for Fluttershy. She began to laugh as well, holding a hand to her mouth.

“You know, I think you’re right,” Fluttershy admitted amidst her mirthful laughter, “We-We must have been!”

“We’ve spent more than enough time dealing with our frustration,” Rainbow said, smiling warmly as she watched Fluttershy. “I realize that this still isn’t exactly ethical… but you are far from just another client. You’re way more than that, and you always were. We may still be working your case, but that’s just the thing now… We’re doing it together. I’m not a professional working a client’s case. I’m a partner, helping my rookie solve her own case! If Firefly ever taught me a rule about fraternizing with colleagues, I’m choosing to repress it.”

Touched, the pinkette felt herself blush a bit, reaching over to hold Rainbow’s hand. “Rainbow… I hadn’t realized it at first, but you truly became more than just the gumshoe I hired to help me. I didn’t expect it, but with how it all came through, I couldn’t be more thankful for that,” Fluttershy murmured, smiling brightly, “And now… I’m a partner too. Working with my superior officer, so to speak, on solving my own case. It may be a bit… well, crossing the line to be colleagues and lovers, but I for one won’t let it stop me anymore. It’s crazy, but it’s amazing.”

“I know right?” Rainbow said with a smirk, stroking Fluttershy’s hand with her thumb. “I mean, it’s not crazy ethical or anything, but I don’t really care. It might not be good for everyone to do, but you certainly aren’t everyone, Flutters. You’re one of a kind. You’re...well… I think you’re really special, and you mean a lot to me.”

“You mean a lot to me too,” Fluttershy giggled a bit, “You’re definitely one of a kind yourself. As well as very special to me… As I’d said, I never felt this way with another woman before, let alone so… quickly. But you’re right. We aren’t like everyone else, no one is. I think… what works for us is what matters.”

Rainbow flashed a grin, “‘Sides, what rules aren’t made to be bent, eh?”

“You’re right…” Fluttershy reached for her other hand, “I’m excited to move forward with everything… More than I can say.”

“Same here, Flutters. All the way,” Rainbow said holding her hands, relishing the connection.

They continued to eat their dinner, mostly making comfortable small talk, followed by Rainbow sharing some silly stories. They laughed, ate, drank, and enjoyed themselves as they never had before. They basked in the connection that they shared, the strength of their shared emotion. It felt so right, so natural, and now that they had unencumbered themselves of the burdensome restrictions of Rainbow’s professional code, neither could ever truly remember a happier time than the moment they now shared together.

By the by, Pinkie herself brought over the check, unable to resist the urge to gush over their “amazi-super-adora-rific-ness” up close and personal. The couple paid up, with Rainbow insisting but reminding Fluttershy that she was pretty much spending the ex-model’s money either way and imploring Fluttershy to indulge her chivalry regardless.

XXX

The trip home was more or less a blur, a beautiful haze of hand holding and Fluttershy’s head resting on the shoulder of her lover. Rainbow felt as though this night could in no way get any better… but then as she turned the key into her apartment she felt Fluttershy hug her about the hips.

“Oh, Rainbow…” Fluttershy cooed, her hands gently touching her stomach as her arms came around her. “I’m crazy for this, I know, but this has been the best night ever… I’ve had the time of my life.”

“If you’re crazy then you might as well have me committed, because I’d be completely insane,” Rainbow said, chuckling softly as she ran her slightly fingers over the pale, soft skin of Fluttershy’s arms.

Giggling, Fluttershy kissed along the back of her neck, holding her tighter, “You amazing, wonderful woman… You’re a dream, you’re everything I ever wanted, without even having known that. You’ve given me more than I can say, and I’d love to share more of that with you.”

Rainbow felt shivers roll down her spine as she pushed open the door. Reclaiming a bit of her swagger she managed a confident, “Yeah? Well how about we step inside and you share you little heart out~”

They went inside, with the door shut behind them. Almost immediately, Fluttershy came around to Rainbow’s front, bringing her arms around her neck.

“Dashie…” She said softly, gazing lovingly into her eyes, “I know we… might be rushing things quite a bit, but… It feels so right. As I’ve said, I never felt this way with anyone before. I feel more certain about what we have than I ever did. Rainbow Dash…”

She leaned in, touching their lips into a kiss. Pulling away, she whispered, “Make love to me.”

Rainbow had heard those words before, or at least the general sentiment, many times before, but never, NEVER, had her legs gone to jelly quite like they were now.

“Yes…” Rainbow whispered to her, immediately scooping her into her arms and carrying her towards her bedroom. “Yes, yes, yes, yes! Oh Flutters, I’m going to make your every dream come true!”

Fluttershy let out a happy squeal, moreso than she expected to make. And why not, she was far too excited. Never had she been that bold with the idea of making love, but it felt so good to just let that out. With Rainbow Dash, she felt so comfortable, as if it were just the perfect thing to say.

“Just as I’ll make yours come true,” Fluttershy cooed into her ear.

Rainbow felt the shivers race down her spine again as she carried Fluttershy through the threshold to the bedroom and deposited the beautiful woman onto her bed. Rainbow stood there for a moment, simply taking in the sight. It was surreal, to see her laying there, to see Fluttershy laying there, and yet after all they had been through it just fit.

“You can’t,” Rainbow whispered to her as she climbed on top of her. “You’re not the girl I dreamed of. The Fluttershy I dreamed of wasn’t real, but you… you’re so much better. You’re real. You’re amazing…” The detective planted a sweet kiss on the former model’s lips. “You can’t make my dreams come true, because you’ve already surpassed them in every… single...way~”

Despite the blush never having left her cheeks, it grew darker. Fluttershy beamed at her with love as she felt moved, her heart pounding in her chest. She reached up to touch her hair, before pulling her down into another kiss. This very moment was only what she’d ever dreamed of, sharing such sweet intimacy with the woman she loved. It was better than any fantasy she’d ever had in her life.

“Rainbow…” Fluttershy cooed, laying their foreheads together, their noses touching. “Oh… I can’t even begin to express how much that means to me. I want you to see the real me, all of me, and I’m so glad you like that… I.. I certainly… had a Rainbow Dash in my head before I met you. I didn’t know what to expect, but… it surpassed everything I ever imagined.”

Rainbow smiled down at her, her hand caressing Fluttershy’s shoulder, “Then let’s keep on making our dream selves jealous. Let’s do what we’ve been dreaming of... fantasizing of… longing for…”

“Yes…!” Fluttershy squeaked, giggling and pulling her down for another kiss.

This time it was more ardent, prolonging. She ran her fingers along the rainbow strands of her hair, before lowering them down her girlfriend’s back.

Rainbow groans into the kiss pressing her body against Fluttershy’s. She finally let loose her pent up passion. Finally allowed herself to be lost in the warmth of Fluttershy’s body. Finally allowed herself to feel keenly the feeling of wild, intense arousal that the model’s every touch had inspired in her.

Soft moans escaped Fluttershy as she held their bodies closer, clashing their lips in a heated kiss. Having wanted this for some time, she could barely believe it was actually happening. But here they were, after their first date, and spending the rest of the evening in bed together. Moments like this, she knew this was where she wanted to be. Here, in the arms of her partner and her lover. The very woman who had given her her life back.

Pulling away ever slightly, she whispered, “Rainbow… I want you to see all of me. I’m going to stand up, now… and get undressed… okay?”

Rainbow smiled and rolled off of Fluttershy, unable to think of any other words she’d rather hear. “Go for it~”

Getting up off the bed, Fluttershy stood in full view of her, feeling a bit nervous. Nervous, but happy. She smiled sweetly, before then proceeding to take off her dress, as well as her shoes. Now left in her undergarments, she wasted no time, and slowly removed them. She stood completely naked, covering no part of herself, and looked to Rainbow with a loving smile.

Rainbow had imagined this over and over, yet it in no way compared to the real thing. Fluttershy was more than beautiful, she was radiant. Her pale skin seemingly glowing in the dim light of the bedroom. Rainbow’s gaze scanned over the ample curves of Fluttershy’s form, and she realized that as attractive as the many parts of Fluttershy were, there was there was something more to her in this moment that sent Rainbow even further over the edge.

After a moment she realized what it was. There was a confidence to Fluttershy in this moment that Rainbow hadn’t seen before… and she knew that it came from a truly special place. It was there because Fluttershy was presenting herself for Rainbow… and this only made Rainbow feel all the more lucky and special.

All Rainbow could think to do was repay the favor. The detective dismounted off the bed and peeled off her dress, underwear and all. Grinning, she stood before Fluttershy, hands on her hips and all too ready for what would come next.

Fluttershy took in the other woman’s body with wonder, her smile growing. The little teases from before had been enough to spark her interest, but seeing her fully bare was amazing. She looked confident, so sure of herself, and just so beautiful in her own way. Her tan olive skin seemed to glow within the dim light of the room, but it was her smile that fully radiated her more.

While thin, Rainbow had a more athletic tone to her figure and less presumptuous curves. But it all complimented her so well, especially in contrast to her striking eyes and hair. Fluttershy had seen a lot of gorgeous women in the modeling industry, but they could not even dream of comparing to the strong and confident beauty before her.

“Wow…” Fluttershy murmured, embracing her, “You’re so beautiful… I’ve never seen such a unique beauty like you before…”

“Heh,” Rainbow chuckled softly, “I am one of a kind, that’s for sure… and so are you… I’ve never imagined or seen or… You’re just the sexiest thing on earth Fluttershy…”

The touch of their naked bodies further entranced Fluttershy, to which she tightened her embrace a bit. She giggled, laying their foreheads together.

“You’re sexy, so sexy… I’m all yours from now on, Rainbow… No need to hold back. You can do whatever you want with me.”

“Fluttershy…” Rainbow breathed, running her hands down Fluttershy’s sides and over her hips. “I want to do it all with you…” she caught her lips in another intoxicatingly good kiss. “Mmmm… but I think we can start by… as you put it… Making love~”

“Oh Rainbow…” Fluttershy moaned, running her fingers along her back, “Take me now…”

“Damn right...” Rainbow breathed, all but tackling her onto the bed, Fluttershy’s legs wrapped her waist as they collided with the mattress.


The flow of their released liquids leaked down their thighs, intermixing here and there. Fluttershy panted a bit as she relaxed, basking in the aftermath of such intense but wonderful lovemaking. She felt herself smile as her eyes managed to focus enough on the woman above her. An incredible experience that exceeded any and all expectations she’d had; she couldn’t have asked for a better moment than this.

“Rainbow, you’re….so...awesome!” Fluttershy squeaked, giggling.

“Right back at ya,” Rainbow said with a little laugh as she collapsed next to her lover. She rested her hand on the beautiful woman’s cheek pulling her into a tender kiss. “You...you amazing amazing woman~”

The sweet words touched her ears as Fluttershy cuddled close to Rainbow’s sweaty form. She nuzzled their cheeks, planting little kisses along the way, as tears flowed down her cheeks. Fluttershy had never felt so happy, so fulfilled, so excited, so content… So loved.

“I never imagined a moment like this,” Fluttershy whispered, the tears still falling, “You’re my everything… I’ll be yours forever, Rainbow… Anywhere you go, I’ll follow. There’s no else I want to be than right here by your side… forever.”

The usually hard edged P.I. felt her eyes mist over, her heart feeling light in her chest. She was touched. Well and truly touched. “I’ll never let you down Flutters… never again… and I’ll be by your side too… We’ll be partners in every sense of the word… You’ll be mine, and I’ll be yours… now and forever.”

Bright-eyed through her tears, Fluttershy continued to lovingly kiss her face, “You’re… you’re my soulmate. That’s what I believe…”

Rainbow chuckled softly, “Never been one for all that destiny stuff, but you know what? I think you’re right. Me and you. Soulmates.”

“Yay,” Fluttershy giggled with glee, “We’re simply meant to be.”

“Meant to be…” Rainbow turned over the words in her mind, feeling a smile stretch her lips, “I like the sound of that.”

“Me too… It’s a really lovely thought,” the pinkette murmured, nuzzling into her neck.

“Almost as lovely as you,” Rainbow cooed.

Fluttershy giggled again, “You’re so sweet.”

The pair of women remained entangled, swapping sweet nothings into the early hours of the morning when sleep finally overtook them. Their night together had been better than either could have truly imagined, and a delightful serenity seemed to hang about them as they slumbered side by side...

Author's Note:

We're so sorry to have kept you all waiting! A lot of things got to us on both ends, so it took a little while to get it all worked out. At the same time, we can assure all of you that the story is DONE! We've had it done for a while, so we'll be able to make sure it's all completely uploaded soon! Thank you all so much for your patience!

And thank you, once again, to vero-chan for the AWESOME artwork and support! <3

Oh, and we have a separate one-shot of their... steamy first time. ;)