• Published 27th Feb 2012
  • 5,351 Views, 64 Comments

Operation: Lunacorn - madammina



The penguins fully expected to get to another dimension, their way home is blocked.

  • ...
0
 64
 5,351

Chapter 2

Obviously, I don’t own anything. My Little Pony belongs to Hasbro and the very lovely people who work on this generation. Penguins of Madagascar belongs to Nickelodeon, Dreamworks, and the Penguins themselves are created by Eric Darnell and Tom McGrath

_______________________________________________


“Well, I did. But not like this.” Private looked out between his raised flippers. “In fact, I don’t know these at all.” The four penguins stood back to back on a table covered in dishes in a reasonably sized room, and looked out at the various ponies. There were two normal horses, but one was pink while the other was tan with yellow hair, two more were pegasi, one yellow with pink hair the other blue with rainbow hair, another pair consisted of two unicorns, one purple but for a black mane with pink and purple highlights the other pure white except for a purple mane. The last two were a mix of unicorns and pegasi. One of those was pure white with an aurora borealis type hair while the other was midnight blue with hair reminiscent of the night sky outside. The penguins turned on the table slowly and Rico bumped a plate over.

“PENGUINS!” The yellow pegasus rushed over. “What are you doing here? Are you too warm? I should get some ice. You’re so cuddly, here-” She reached for Private.

“Operation: Lunacorn. GO! GO! GO!” Skipper shouted. Rico gobbled up some nearby seeds, while Kowalski grabbed him and primed him like a gun. Skipper grabbed Private and tossed him at the pink horse, but the purple unicorn caught Private in some sort of energy bubble and put him back on the table. The orange horse knocked Rico out of Kowalski’s grip. Rico fell onto the table and seeds sprayed everywhere.

“May I ask, who are you?” The white pegasus/unicorn walked around the table until she stood right in front of the four penguins. They retreated back to their fighting stance.

“You didn’t see anything.” Skipper insisted as he waved his flippers around in vaguely oval shapes. “Rico!”

huang! Rico coughed up a smokebomb. It exploded and the four penguins slid away in a strategic retreat.
**

“GUARDS!” The guard ponies ran into the room and began to minister to their princesses. “No, no, ignore me right now.” They stepped back. “Four... what were they called again?”

“Penguins.” the yellow pegasus whispered.

“Yes, penguins. They teleported into this room and attacked the Element bearers, my self, and my sister. ASSUME they are simply reacting and are not trying to topple my kingdom.” The ponies nodded and rushed off to find the intruders.

“My sister, thou hast scared the new recruits.” the blue unicorn/pegasus whispered to her sister while the other ponies in the room pulled themselves together.

“I’ve never seen anything like that.” the white sister muttered.

“The penguins? I thought thou knew I watched over the cold areas of the earth as well.” The darker sister smiled. “But, no, never hast a penguin...er...” They looked at each other for a second. “What DID they do?”

“Military training.” the purple unicorn finally said. “And one of them is apparently Pinkie in penguin form.”

“No, they aren’t.” the pink pony said, apparently she was Pinkie. “I can’t vomit things up at will! Or shoot like that. I kinda want to though. Wouldn’t it be fun to shoot out candy like that or something-” She continued to ramble. The blue pegasus put a hoof in Pinkie’s mouth.

“I’m going to look.” the blue pegasus stated then flew up to the ceiling before flying outside. The other ponies nodded, then split up to find the four penguins.
**
“Men, where ARE we? Kowalski, analysis.” Skipper looked around the large room full of stained glass windows.

“We appear to be in the land of the Lunacorns.” Kowalski surmised as he looked at the windows which mostly showed ponies either suffering from evil or defeating it. “It’s an actual dimension?”

“I... don’t know if this is the actual dimension, Kowalski.” Private muttered. They heard hooves so they slid under a chair.

“Tarnation, where did those penguins go?” The tan pony paced in front of the chair. She sat down, revealing three apples on her flank for the first time. “Come on, Applejack. Time to keep looking. Then I can herd them back to the princess! I hope they don’t mean no harm.” She got up and galloped off.

“What were you saying Private?” Skipper whispered under the chair.

“It’s just that... it just seems different in-” But more ponies were coming into the room. The penguins silently slid from under the chair and then slid into the hall.
**
“Think, Twilight, think.” The purple unicorn paced in the library, completely oblivious to the four penguins hiding on top of the book shelves. The pony named Twilight telekinetically pulled book after book from the shelves. “Penguins thrive in the cold and they like fish, right? So... that should work. We need... well, we’ll need fish.”

“Um, Twilight?” The yellow pegasus walked into the room. “Are you okay?”

“Yes, yes, I’m fine. Fluttershy. How would you get fish?” The penguins retreated yet again.
**

Well, we know we have to be wary of fish.” Kowalski muttered as he scribbled things onto his notebook. The four waddled in a hallway. The sunlight streamed in through the windows as Kowalski looked over his notes. “We now know the names of three of those horses.”

“And what good will THAT do us Kowalski?” Skipper asked back sarcastically. Kowalski shrugged.

“Well, it helps to distinguish them.”

“Other than those bum marks?”

“Really, Pinkie dear, I still think a party would be a nice idea.” The Penguins wall jumped up different columns and watched the pink pony and the white unicorn with a purple mane trot through the corridors. “Don’t you think they would look DARLING in a sort of bowtie? Spike already looks cute in one. Now, what color do you think I should use?”

“Bow ties? Come on, Rarity. Do you think they wear bowties? I just want to throw a party! Penguins! Who can talk! Come on, it’s amazing.” She bounced forward instead of walking. “We’ll have balloons and cake and-”

“Pinkie, please, we need to keep on looking. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna want to make sure they are first. Do you WANT to hold a party for spies?”

“Hmm... nah! I’ll throw a going away party then!” Pinkie and Rarity walked and bounced off.

**
“Skippah, I have come back to surprise you!” A puffin flipped down into the penguin’s base back at the Central Park Zoo. “And I have.... Skippah?” The puffin walked around. “Doktor Mammal-fish, Skippah isn’t here!”

“Are you sure?” An echoing voice called down the hole into the underground base.

“Yes, just this blinky machine.” The puffin hauled the machine over to the only part of the room where it could be seen by someone above ground. “Can you see it?”

“Yes, yes, hmm.... Kowalski appears to have beaten me in dimensionator technology.” The villain pulled himself up onto the small platform then tried to fit down the hole. After he realized that this way would not work, he slipped back into the water and swum elsewhere in order to enter the underground base.
**
“So, what exactly do we know?” Skipper growled. The penguins had wall jumped into a small hole near the ceiling of a large room.

“We are in the land of the Lunacorns.” Kowalski stated. “And-”

“They aren’t Lunacorns!” Private finally blurted out. He curled up slightly. “They can’t be.”

“But isn’t that Princess Self-Respectia out there?” Kowalski asked. Skipper and Rico glared at him. “What? I pick it up from Private.”

“But that isn’t her! It looks a bit like Princess Self-Respectia, but it’s not her. She’s not all... she’s just a unicorn, not a mix. And she doesn’t have any... marks on her bum.”

“They’re called Cutie Marks!” The penguins looked over and saw the blue pegasus floating outside the hole. "I found them!" Skipper hit Rico's stomach and a rubber eraser flew out of his beak. It hit the pegasus in the eye and she flew backwards. The four penguins slid out, wall jumped down the columns onto the floor, and then slid down the hall. “THEY’RE HEADING TOWARDS THE MAIN HALL!”

“I got ‘em, Rainbow Dash.” Applejack galloped out of a hall to the right while Fluttershy appeared a bit farther down. Eventually Twilight teleported in front of them. Skipper motioned to Kowalski, who sped up and stopped just in front of Twilight Skipper then launched Private at Kowalski. Private placed his foot in Kowalski’s flipper, and Kowalski flipped him over Twlight. Rico continued to slid through, but vomited up a rather long rope. Kowalski grabbed one end, Skipper grabbed the other and they tied up Twilight’s legs. As she toppled over, they continued down the hall.

“Skipper, how are we going to get out?” Kowalski shouted. Skipper opened his beak to respond, but Rico suddenly made a mess of indecipherable noises that indicated that someone was up ahead. Indeed, the two mixed up horses were blocking the way out. Skipper stopped short and the other penguins followed suit.

“Well, men, it’s been a pleasure serving with you.” He saluted, and the others saluted back. “EVAVSIVE!” They slid off to the right, but

“FISH!” Rico squealed. A large bucket of fish appeared behind them. Rico turned around and immediately slid backwards.

“RICO! NO!” Private yelled, and chased after him. Skipper sighed and turned around, and Kowalski brought up the rear.

“Alright men, ATTACK!”

“No, I don’t think so.” The white one levitated and separated each penguin as the other ponies galloped up behind the penguins. “Now, who are you?” Private simply gazed at her in wonderment. Skipper tried to slap him. It didn’t reach.

“Well, you mammal. We don’t have to stay here. Kowalski! Use the button!”

“Why didn’t we use it before?” Private asked.

“Because I... dropped it.” Kowalski muttered. Skipper groaned and returned to staring at the white mixed up horse.

“Alright, mammal, who are you?” he finally asked.

“I am Princess Celestia.” she said. “And this is my sister, Princess Luna. Now who are you?”

“You’re not getting anything from me.” Skipper growled.
**
“Well, he ain’t kidding.” Applejack rested outside the room where Luna and Celestia were interrogating the penguins. “What do you think?”

“They’re fast.” Rainbow Dash growled. “When they slide anyway.” She was flying above the rest of the mane six, her blue wings flapping in a frustrated rhythm.

“They have a military mindset.” Twilight Sparkle muttered as she began to read yet another book. “Did you see how they attacked in formation?”

“Yeah, it was all KABOOM and we were all” Pinkie Pie continued to ramble. “Anyway, we should throw a party! Even if they may be spies.”

“Pinkie, Spies don’t appear in the middle of dinner then just run off.” Twilight groaned. “Not even Stallion Noir.”

“I thought he was a radio show detective?” Rarity asked. Unable to deal with the tense atmosphere, she had begun to sew some fabric together.

“He is, but-”

“Then he isn’t a spy.” Rarity argued back. “If he was a spy, then he could be suave and debonair like... like... the agent, Double O Stallion, Manes Bond!”

“I hope they are okay.” Fluttershy whispered. “Penguins are different from ponies after all. What if they are too warm? Or they don’t have enough food? Or-”

“Fluttershy, relax.” Twilight sighed and rubbed noses with Fluttershy until she calmed down. “This is Equestria, we don’t torture our prisoners.”
**
“You can torture me, or my crew, but you will NEVER get-” The leader penguin shut up with a panicked look on his face as Celestia’s needle like horn appeared in his line of sight. The four penguins were standing on a wooden table in an old room in the palace. It had been Celestia’s play room for her students, but since Twilight Sparkle left, it had been been covered in dust. The leader faced Celestia, while the youngest looked backwards towards Luna frequently. The tallest one was at the leader’s right flipper and spent his time just looking around. The one with the scars had hacked up a book of weapons and was looking at it.

“You were saying.” she asked sweetly.

“Um, may I ask that you please move your horn?” the youngest penguin asked. Celestia looked surprised, but did so. “Thank you.”

“So, aside from penguins, what are thee?” Luna asked. Her sister was recording the reactions. “And why art thou scared of needles?”

“I am NOT scared of NEEDLES!” the leader yelled, but his tone and the resigned attitude of his subordinates (Where they subordinates? While they clearly followed his orders, he seemed to value them as equals.) marked his phobia quite apparent. “But what do you want?”

“Your name, for starters.” Celestia asked gently. “Then what you are doing here.”

“Your reactions indicate your arrival... troubled you?” Luna asked while she took rather copious notes. “How did you arrive here? Was this your intended destination? How did you get past our security?” The leader penguin gestured to the tallest penguin. The tallest one took out a notebook of his own.

“My Dimensionator, not particularly, and no idea,” he said as he looked through his notebook. “The destination thing is due to what Pr-”

“Don’t give away our names.” the leader ordered. “Who knows what dark, twisted, ideas she may come up with if she learns our true names.”

“I will know what to call you.” Celestia explained. “I just want to find out what you are up to?”

“No one can know what we’re up to. Not even us.” the leader explained.

“But, um” the tallest one caught himself before he said his leader’s name “Telling our names can’t hurt us, can it?”

“Ask Manfredi and Johnson. They told a spy their names. The next week they were eaten by a trained attack dog who responded to their names.” The leader placed his flippers behind his back in a military pose.

“I don’t have an attack dog.” Celestia sighed.

“Neither do I!” Luna chimed in. She teleported a book into the room. “Might I suggest we call thee ‘Captain’?” she asked the leader penguin. He sighed.

“Well, it’s close.” the tallest penguin said tentatively.

“We should tell them our names.” the youngest one said. The one with the scars stopped looking at his book. “We’ll be staying here until we find the button, right?”

“Fine” the leader groaned. “I’m Skipper.” Skipper gestured to a penguin as he continued. “And that’s Kowalski, Private, and Rico.” The penguins nodded when he said their names. “And we intend to leave here as soon as possible.”

“You see, we really just wanted to test Kowalski’s dimensionator, but then we landed where we landed and then you were chasing us so...” Private trailed off.

“That’s alright, we understand.” Celestia nodded. She opened the door with her telekinesis. “Can you remake it?”

“Well, it should be fairly easy if we have the parts.” Kowalski said after he jumped and flipped off the table with the rest of the penguins. “We-”

“Oh, do you mean this button?” Pinkie Pie pushed a broken switch towards Kowalski. “I found it when I was exploring... but it seems to have-”

“My invention! NO!” Kowalski began to run around in a blind panic, so Skipper slapped him.

“Get ahold of yourself man! You already said you can remake it.”

“My little ponies.” ( Skipper and Rico visibly grimaced )“...this is Skipper, Kowalski, Private, and Rico.” Celestia made each glow as she said their names. “And they will be staying with us for a bit.”

“Can we have a party? PLEASE?” Pinkie asked. She began to hop up and down. “I’ve already been planing it. We can have cakes, and cookies, and pies, and-”

“Pinkie, do you ONLY think about parties?” Rarity asked. Pinkie shook her head.

“Of course not, Silly Billy, but don’t you think that new arrivals should be a good reason for a party!”

“I think it’s a wonderful idea.” Celestia agreed. “Why don’t we have one tonight?”

Skipper fell to his knees and cried out “NOOOOOO...”
***
“My sister.” Luna began as she paced in the room she and Celestia shared for their work. “Dost thou think these... penguins mean to do us harm?” The noonday light filtered through her starry mane. She continued to pace as Celestia signed another letter. Her sister never paid her that much attention when dealing with matters of state. It got rather annoying.

“I have no idea.” Celestia muttered. “But, it can’t hurt to give them a chance.” She sealed up a letter and tossed it into the fireplace. The letter disappeared with a woosh and mist of blue smoke.

“What harm could they do here?” Luna wondered. “Though they are on the lower end of the food chain-”

“Luna, just relax for now. Why don’t you try meeting with Private. He seemed rather taken with you.”

“I doubt he cared much for me.” Luna admonished Celestia, but smiled anyway. Maybe he could see her create the stars.

***
“So, will they just stay in their rooms the entire time?” Rainbow Dash asked from atop the dresser. She just wanted to be up high. That was the trouble with being a pegasus who loved to fly but was staying in an enclosed castle. It wasn’t HER fault this time though. It was... what? The six month anniversary of the six beating Discord. Celestia had just wanted to celebrate. But of COURSE in the middle of the meal those four penguins had to show up. So now Rainbow Dash had to wait around instead of meeting the Wonderbolts like she had planned.

“Well, maybe.” Twilight agreed. “But they don’t seem like the type to just stay in their room.”

“And where will they stay?” Fluttershy asked. “I should go. My house is the best place for them.”

“Hold on there, sugar cube.” Applejack moved in front of the door. “Shouldn’t they be somewhere cold?”

“But, there isn’t anywhere like that in Ponyville. But I have a lake, they’ll like that, right?”

“They should.” Twilight agreed.

“Well, I should go make up clothes for them.” Rarity spoke up from her lounging position on one of the six beds in the room. “Don’t you think they would look DARLING in little bowties?”

“Of course.” Twilight agreed absentmindedly as she looked through her book again. “What do you think Pinkie. Pinkie?” But Pinkie Pie had vanished.