• Published 5th Sep 2013
  • 659 Views, 23 Comments

New Pony, New Love - ManeWriter



Twilight has fallen for an alicorn that has moved into Ponyville.

  • ...
14
 23
 659

First Date

It was yet again, another beautiful morning in the land of Equestria. Twilight Sparkle was having a cool dream where she had wings and was racing Rainbow Dash in the skies of Cloudsdale. After crashing Rainbow Dash into some clouds, she was about to reach the finish line until Spike screamed loudly into her left ear for her to wake up.

Twilight Sparkle was startled and screamed loudly, flying up into the air and flying back down onto the bed. "Aww dang it!" Twilight Sparkle groaned as she got out of bed and looked at Spike. "Well, it's time for me to have breakfast. After all, it's going to be an important day to me. Good morning, Spike." Twilight said, rubbing her tired eyes with her hooves.

"Good morning Twilight Sparkle. And yes, I know about the day." Spike said, in his happy tone as usual. Twilight Sparkle yawned once again and went to her bathroom, combing her mane. "I already know what I plan to do with Smarty Heart. I plan to surprise him with a romantic lunch, after that me and him will go to the Forest and, oh you know." Twilight Sparkle said, blushing.

After combing her mane, she went downstairs into the kitchen and grabbed the Apple Crunch cereal as usual, poured herself a bowl of the cereal, brought it into his basement, and turned on her Ponybox 360 to play some Ponyrim. When she was done defeating Discord, there was a knock at her door.

Twilight Sparkle checked the time and noticed that she had been playing for some time and it was already the afternoon. She shut off her Ponybox 360, went upstairs and noticed that Spike had already opened the door for the purple unicorn, Smarty Heart. "The gentleman has arrived, Twilight Sparkle." Spike said, and went upstairs.

Twilight Sparkle and Smarty Heart were staring at each other for a few moments before Twilight clopped over to Smarty Heart and gave him a romantic hug. "I missed you, my love." Smarty Heart said, smiling. Twilight Sparkle raised her head and pressed her soft lips on his cheek, kissing the cheek with smooth passion. Smarty Heart smiled more and said "So, what do you want to do for our first date?" Twilight Sparkle at this point, blushed saying

"Oh, I was thinking a romantic lunch out in the valley and later, me and you go to the Everfree Forest in private and… oh, you know." Smarty Heart felt flattered and said "Alright. Do you have the lunch?" Twilight Sparkle held up the basket of their lunch and said "Of course I do." Smarty Heart then said "Well, let's head out then, beautiful." Twilight Sparkle smiled and went out of her home with Smarty Heart, using her magic unicorn horn to carry the basket. "While we are eating lunch, I can read you a book if that's alright with you." Smarty Heart asked in request. "Okay, I love a good book." Twilight Sparkle said, holding hooves with Smarty Heart.

Along the way to the fields, Rainbow Dash was monitoring the afternoon sky as usual to check for weather disturbances, but upon looking down and seeing both Twilight Sparkle and Smarty Heart, she flew down to them, surprising them in the process. "Hello guys." Rainbow Dash simply said. "Good afternoon to you, Dash." Smarty Heart said. Rainbow Dash wasn't one to pull people away to have a little fun with Pinkie Pie, but she didn't want her friend Twilight Sparkle going crazy over Smarty Heart and hanging out with him all the time, so she went in-between the two Unicorns. "C'mon guys, Pinkie Pie is hosting a great afternoon party. Everyone is invited, so why don't you guys come?" Rainbow Dash asked with a convincing tone.

"Sorry Dash, but me and Smarty Heart just can't simply ditch the plans for our date." Twilight Sparkle said, looking at Rainbow Dash. "Oh, of course you say that cause- Wait, what? You guys are dating?" Rainbow Dash said, shocked to hear that Twilight Sparkle was dating Smarty Heart. "Of course, she just said that." Smarty Heart said, trying to not make Rainbow Dash look stupid. "Now if you'll excuse us Dash, me and Smarty Heart have a date to proceed with." Twilight Sparkle said, walking off with Smarty Heart. Rainbow Dash was obviously annoyed at this and flew off to Rarity's house to notify her of the situation.

XXXXXXXXX

At Rarity's home, Rarity was preparing a dress to be sold to another pony, until there was lots of loud furious banging on her door. "I'm coming! Calm down!" Rarity hanged the dress and clopped over to her front door, opening it to see an exhausted Rainbow Dash. "Rainbow Dash, why have you come to me this fine afternoon day?" Rarity said with concern. "It's both Smarty Heart and Twilight Sparkle! They're- They're dating!" Rainbow Dash said, taking breaths. "They're dating? Awww, I knew Twilight could do it!" Rarity said, happy to hear the news.

"There's nothing good about it, Twilight's our friend, and she might end up distancing herself from the Mane 6, making it the Mane 5 once again!" Rainbow Dash said in anger and worry. "Oh Dash, get a hold of yourself. She's still our friend, after all Princess Celestia sent her to reside here in Ponyville. Nothing bad is going to happen." Rarity convinced, being absolutely sure that nothing will affect any friendships Twilight Sparkle has.

"Well, I don't know about that. Something feels different about Twilight." Rainbow Dash said in worry, no longer in anger. Rarity put her hoof on her Pegasus friend and said "Now now Dash, Don't fret. You never know, it could turn out good for them, so please have some honesty for them, okay?" Rainbow Dash took a breath and said "Alright then, but I'll keep a monitor on them just in case."

XXXXXXXXX

Meanwhile in the fields of Equestria, Twilight Sparkle and Smarty Heart were having lunch on a log that laid there. Twilight Sparkle was eating a piece of chocolate cake made at the Sugarcube Corner. Smarty Heart on the other hand, was eating a Hamburger, made from cows. At first, Twilight was sort of disgusted, but Smarty Heart didn't really care and offered her a bite which Twilight Sparkle accepted nervously at first, but when she first swallowed it, she realized that it did not taste bad and was really good.

"You know, when the night comes in a few hours, you could show me the planets." Twilight asked in request. "I was going to ask you that, but sure, I can show you the planets at night. Oh, and when we've finished lunch, you can get on my back and I can fly you all around Equestria and Canterlot." Smarty Heart said, winking. "But Smarty Heart, we might accidently be marked as intruders to the Canterlot airspace." Twilight said in concern, blushing.

"Oh don't worry, they'll never catch me and you." Smarty Heart convinced once again. "But Princess Celestia and Princess Luna might catch us and get us into trouble." Twilight Sparkle said, but was interrupted by a kiss on the cheek from Smarty Heart. "If we are caught by both of them, I'll give them a warm welcome, my lovely unicorn." Smarty Heart whispered, stroking her soft mane. Twilight sighed happily, finished her lunch and went onto Smarty Heart's back, Smarty Heart started to fly into the sky gently, giving Twilight Sparkle a good ride.

The wind blew through Smarty Heart's soft mane, cooling Twilight Sparkle. To her, the wind that blew in her face was the wind of romance between her and Smarty Heart. She laid her head onto Smarty Heart's smooth neck and let the invisible colors of the wind fly through. Smarty Heart then slowed down and swept Twilight Sparkle into his arms. Twilight giggled and said "Oh Smarty Heart, you're such a gentleman." Smarty Heart smiled gracefully, kissing her lips romantically. He then rose up his head and looked at her, whispering "I love you" to her. Twilight whispered "I love you too." And put her hooves around Smarty Heart with passion.

Then, there was the sound of a throat being cleared, so Twilight Sparkle and Smarty Heart turned around and saw Princess Celestia and Princess Luna floating there, flapping their wings. "Why Princess- me and Smarty Heart were just seeing the view from up high. I hope there isn't anything wrong with that." Twilight Sparkle lied, trying to find a way to escape with no trouble. But Princess Celestia seemed to be smiling, she wasn't even angry or disappointed.

"My faithful student, there is no need to lie. I was watching the whole thing. I am proud of you that you've found love in your studies of friendship. And Smarty Heart, I don't think me, you and Luna got a chance to introduce ourselves. I am Princess Celestia, me and Luna both rule Equestria with great harmony and magic. I raise the sun, Luna raises the moon at night." Princess Celestia said to both of them. "Oh please Sister, you don't want to remind me of that incident if you know what I mean." Luna warned, crossing her hooves.

"What incident? Please tell me." Smarty Heart asked. Luna sighed and said "Okay… one day I refused to lower the moon and I became the Mare of the Moon, Nightmare Moon. And was trapped in the moon for a thousand years. After I was released, I tried to take over Equestria with eternal night. But thanks to Twilight Sparkle and her friends, they freed me from Nightmare Moon and I am doing good and not evil." Smarty Heart was astounded to hear such a legendary story and said, "Well, I am glad you are doing well again. Now I must have my privacy with Twilight Sparkle if you two don't mind." Princess Celestia dismissed them and the two Unicorn lovebirds flew off.

"My, what a gentleman." Princess Celestia said to Luna who watched them fly off. "Hmmm, we should invite both of them to the next Grand Galloping Gala when it approaches, sister Celestia." Luna suggested. Celestia began to think for a moment, sending the Unicorn couple to the Gala wouldn't be such a bad idea for them. Celestia turned to Luna and said "That's a great idea, Luna! You get so much great ideas! To the castle, I have a good plan!" Luna and Celestia then flew off to the castle. They had something amazing in store for the unicorn couple.