• Published 5th Sep 2013
  • 659 Views, 23 Comments

New Pony, New Love - ManeWriter



Twilight has fallen for an alicorn that has moved into Ponyville.

  • ...
14
 23
 659

The First Kiss

Twilight Sparkle was gently rubbing faces with Smarty Heart, he felt so warm, soft, and he felt like an angel. Twilight Sparkle then began to cuddle up to him, with Smarty Heart smiling and giggling. "You really enjoy my company, don't you?" Smarty Heart said, giggling more. "Why yes I do." Twilight said, stroking his soft mane. Smarty Heart blushed, and began to sing a song softly. Twilight Sparkle got curious, what kind of song was he singing. "What song are you singing?" Twilight Sparkle asked, her hoof around Smarty Heart. "Oh, it's a romance song." Smarty Heart said.

"That's awesome, what's the song called?" Twilight Sparkle praised and asked again. "It's called I Could Use A Little Love." Twilight Sparkle at this point, giggled, cuddling him more. Her warm unicorn body squeezing next to his, she began to hold Smarty Heart's hoof. But before she could give Smarty Heart a kiss on the cheek… Rainbow Dash burst in through the door, interrupting the two Unicorns. "Twilight Sparkle! I was so worried about what had happened this morning! If only I was there to help!" Rainbow Dash said, scolding herself for being held up in Cloudsdale at the time the attack happened.

Smarty Heart took the bull by the horn and at this point said "Do not worry, I have cured her wound from the Pegasus. Who told you we were here?" "Rarity did, one of Twilight Sparkle's friends." Rainbow Dash said, crossing her hooves. Smarty Heart thought for a moment "She means the white Unicorn, am I right? I'm not sure, but she had seemed to help Twilight Sparkle out. That's good news! I could make friends with all of Twilight Sparkle's friends, so they could have my full trust, but not in a romantic way. Because I think Twilight Sparkle likes me, but am I the right one for her? I don't know, but I'm about to find out!" Finally, Smarty Heart said "Ah okay." "Well, the party's going to start soon. Are you guys coming or not? It'll be the party of the century!" Rainbow Dash said in a rushed, enthusiastic tone.

Twilight Sparkle just said, "We can't right now Rainbow Dash. Me and him are busy at the moment." "Oh for Celestia's sake, come on! You always turn down a party!" Rainbow Dash said, finally getting annoyed and started to drag both Smarty Heart and Twilight Sparkle off the bed and out of Smarty Heart's home. "Fine! We'll go to the party." Twilight Sparkle said, annoyed that she couldn't have her private time with Smarty Heart at his home. Smarty Heart smiled and stroked Twilight Sparkle's mane, saying "Don't worry, I'm sure we'll have lots of fun." Twilight Sparkle blushed once again, held onto Smarty Heart's hoof and they both went to the party.

XXXXXXXXX

At the party, there was dancing, a DJ, a clown, a spin the bottle game, a pool, music, swimming, cuddling, kissing, partying, ponies going wild, cheering, apple pie, apple crunch, apple sauce, apple crisp, apple tarts, apple everything! Pretty much anything was everything everypony loved. Smarty Heart and Twilight Sparkle just ended up sitting on a couch, flirting and holding hooves. "You are as beautiful as the night, Twilight." Smarty Heart said, stroking her soft cheeks. Twilight Sparkle felt flattered, blushing. But Twilight Sparkle felt disappointed inside, there still was no first kiss that she or Smarty Heart attempted. But she still had high hopes, hoping it will happen soon.

"You are my sweet chocolate that I love, Smarty Heart." Twilight Sparkle flirted back, blushing still. Then Pinkie Pie jumped out of nowhere, scaring both the Unicorns. "Hi Twilight Sparkle! Hi Smarty Heart!" Pinkie Pie yelled excitingly, jumping up and down all over the place. "Ummm, Pinkie Pie, me and Smarty need some privacy together. We don't really have time for your fun." Twilight Sparkle said, trying to defend herself and Smarty Heart from the teasing soon to come. "Oh! It's because you like-" Pinkie Pie started to say until she was interrupted by an apple being put into her mouth by Twilight Sparkle, preventing her from finishing her sentence. "Why'd you put the apple in her mouth?" Smarty Heart, having a curiosity on why Twilight had to keep Pinkie Pie quiet. "Oh, my friend Pinkie Pie can have somewhat of a big mouth sometimes and can't keep it secret." Twilight said, defending the two.

Smarty Heart just said a simple "Oh." and continued to flirt with Twilight Sparkle. "My lovely unicorn, it is such a beautiful night outside. Shall we go for a walk outside?" Smarty Heart romantically asked, stroking Twilight's mane once again. Twilight Sparkle got nervous at this point and thought "Hmmm, I should accept the offer that he's given me. If I don't, I might end up upsetting him easily and he might run away." Twilight Sparkle shook her head up and down and said "Sure.". Smarty Heart was happy to hear this and opened the front door for him and Twilight. Watching the two unicorns leave, Rainbow Dash kept wondering why Twilight Sparkle was chilling with the new pony. "What's with her? I think Twilight's hooked onto him like a magnet." Rainbow Dash said, crossing her hooves.

"Oh Dash, don't be silly! I think she's in love!" Rarity said, looking at Rainbow Dash. "How can you be sure? There's no evidence… yet." Rainbow Dash muttered loudly, looking at the two purple unicorns holding hooves. "I'm sure the two will fall in love, I know it in my heart." Rarity said, watching the two go off to the lake. Then, Rarity and Rainbow Dash heard a throat clearing behind them and they turned around and saw Fluttershy with lots of bruises and a black eye. "Man, I can't believe I had to fight the Pegasus. But she was being mean to my friend, Twilight Sparkle!" She said, angrily.

She was angry that both she and the Pegasus had been fighting today and ended up injuring one another. But it was necessary to save her friend from being bullied. "It was probably another super-obsessed fan of Smarty Heart." Applejack said, approaching the three. Fluttershy refused to hear more about the fan and had to drop the conversation about her to prevent more argument. Applejack then said "So how's the two unicorns? Are they getting along well?" "We're about to find out later, but for now, let's keep a distance." Rainbow Dash said, beginning to think of a plan to find out if Twilight Sparkle does like the new pony.

XXXXXXXXX

At the lake, Twilight Sparkle and Smarty Heart sat on a bench together. Smarty Heard had a hoof around Twilight, and Twilight was resting her head on Smarty Heart's shoulder. After thinking for some time, Twilight thought it would be a good time to get to know more about Smarty Heart and said "So… tell me about yourself? We never really got to introduce ourselves at the beginning… well I did." Smarty Heart looked at Twilight Sparkle and said, "Well, I grew up in the far side of Canterlot. Nobody in Canterlot has really heard of it though.

As a young pony, my dream was to enter the Royal Celestia School of Gifted Unicorns, but it never happened. I, instead began to read books and study the stars and planets. But my father refused to let me and tried to get me into music and business. But I refused his offer and went back to looking at the planets. But I do know all the constellations now, since I read from a book about Astronomy." The entire time, Twilight Sparkle was gazing romantically at him, listening to every word he said. "Uhh, Twilight. You okay?" Smarty Heart asked, looking at her. Twilight Sparkle then realized what was going on and shook her head, then said "Yes, I'm okay. I'm just a little tired, that's all."

Smarty Heart got suspicious, and after a couple of seconds of silence, he finally smiled, began holding her hooves and said "Twilight… do you like me?" Twilight Sparkle blushed heavily and quietly said "Yes." Smarty Heart was happy to hear the word "Yes" come out of her mouth and smiled more, saying "You know what? I like you too. We have so much in common." He then noticed that Twilight Sparkle looked a little tired and asked "Want me to take you home? You look tired." The tired lavender unicorn yawned and said "Sure." Smarty Heart then smiled and began to walk with Twilight Sparkle back to her home.

When they arrived at Twilight Sparkle's house, Twilight Sparkle looked at Smarty Heart. It was a great night she had and hoped that she could have fun with him again. "It was a wonderful night, Smarty Heart. I had so much fun with you." She said. "I had a great night too." Smarty Heart said, and then the two unicorns leaned in and shared a very passionate first kiss, their lips pressed gently against one another.

After the kiss, Twilight blushed and said "Smarty Heart… would you like to go on a date with me sometime?" Smarty Heart smiled and said "Of course, anything for you." Twilight smiled, said goodbye to Smarty Heart and went into her home. After Smarty Heart went home happy, she screamed like a happy pony. It was the best night of her life. She then went to sleep, starting to dream about Smarty Heart once again.