• Published 5th Sep 2013
  • 390 Views, 17 Comments

Outcasts - Punguinhelper



A misift band of mercenaries all thrown out of their respective homes, search for treasure, honor, fame, food, and most importantly who knows?

  • ...
 17
 390

The Gathering of a Party

The exiled minotaur, being without food or money, was forest to hunt. She laid traps, primarily snares, to catch a few rabbits. Using her survival skills (and axe) she felled a tree.
CRASH

She brought the tree over to a clearing where she had a camp set up along with her rabbit dinner. She began rubbing two sticks together to make a fire. Then it hit her... in the face. She pulled it off, only to notice it was equine shaped, had a sleek black hide, insect-like wings, a horn, and a whole lot of holes. She heard it was breathing if it was a little bit unconscious.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

While in his arch, the banished changeling noticed a few things: one: it was a beautiful night, two: his velocity informed him he was heading in the direction of the minotaur clan hold, and three: the tree that was gong to be his landing was no longer there; replaced by the one who fell his former doom that is, if he fell not to his doom first. As the changeling drew closer to the beast that was now rubbing two sticks together, he noticed a fourth thing: if he did not change his trajectory he was going to slap a bull in the face. Then it hit him, the exiled minotaur,s face, lulling him into unconsciousness.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

He flew towards the minotaur camp, hoping to get an audience, either for a performance, or for meeting with the minotaur chieftain to ask for some help in raiding a Diamond Dog's mine. He did not get very close to the clan hold, before he heard the noise often following the exclamation "Timber-" and then the griffon trying to alarm the others was eaten, before it could yell the wolves part.That tell-tail sign of timber-wolves: trees felling. Or it could just be a Lumber-Jack or Jill getting firewood. In the case of the former he would flee. In the case of the latter he would skewer rabbits on his rapier and hold them over the fire. He took out his rapier and flew in close to where the noise was. What he saw was an odd sight, a minotaur away from the clan hold. Maybe she was part of a hunting party and was in need of a lute. The dumb griffon flew into the minotaur's camp not noticing her recoiling from something hitting her.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The dog, whose adrenaline was dying down, heard a loud crashing noise originating from some point in the direction he was headed. Something large was in front of him, and diamond dogs were behind him. He was so caught up in the heat of things he forgot about left and right, as fate would have it, and as such, chanced finding the source of the noise in the hope of it being nothing more than a noise. He continued sprinting through the forest towards the noise exhaustion attempting to overcome him. He pushed on. Only a few seconds later he came across a camp sight. He passed out in the clearing but not before seeing a ball fling and attach itself to a minotaur's face. I have to be seeing th- He never finished that thought as he was too tired, and drifted into a slumber.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The dragon looked in awe at the dog he was following. Even through fatigue it sprinted towards what could have been danger. Now the dog lay unconscious below him, as he saw a number of odd things. Most prominently the minotaur was lighting a fire as something hit her face. Then it hit him, fatigue and realization as to who this minotaur was. She was the one who had chased him during the griffon invasion.He was about to flee when the fatigue was too much causing him to drift unconsciously towards the minotaur, wings unfurled to keep a safe descent.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Ugh! What happened?" Groaned the dragon. It appeared to be morning, but more scary was the fact that she was standing in front of him upside down. The dragon then saw the green cocoon he was in and tried to struggle free, but to no avail.

"Ah yes. The dragon who had tricked my former clan into accepting lutes. I have no bad blood for you, as odd as that may seem. A minotaur not having revenge on its mind. Though I must ask, who are you and why did you fall into my arms last night?"

The dragon noticed on a tree to his right and a tree to his left: on his right was a griffon who was happily yapping away with a Swiss-cheese equine, and on his right, the diamond dog he had been following. Both were in a similar green cocoon.He sighed. "My name is Luter. I was following that diamond dog over there, last night and we both happened across your camp."

"Well then Luter, might I ask why you are away from your nest?" asked the minotaur.

"Well sure only after you give me your name," Luter replied.

"My name is Mint. The others' names are as follows: Griffin"- she pointed at the giddy griffon talking happily as though he were not restrained to a tree-"Bowie,"- she pointed at the tree to his right at the diamond dog-" and that little guy over there is Jerry the changeling." She concluded the introductions.

"Alright I did not ask about the others, but oh well. I am so far from my nest because I had stolen our lutes to make room for the good loots; gems, gold, food, weapons, the good stuff. My parents foiled my plan by making sure I got none of the good stuff but I got to keep the lutes. I ran away from home, as there was nothing for me there, and I offered your clan my lutes. That pretty much is why I am away from my family and food," Luter explained.

"Oh well that is great! Well not your situation, but you are the only one to have told me where you come from. Griffin is too much of an idiot, and Bowie is too sarcastic. Though I do know where Jer-"

She was cut off by a spear soaring by her head.

"Oh crap, we can save our stories for another time." she hastily cut loose the Luter and Bowie, while Jerry cut Griffin free. They all prepared for combat.

Author's Note:

Apparently my computer does not think minotaur's is a word, however Minotaur's is a word. Odd. It is like Pegasus vs pega oh Minotaur is a proper noun never mind. Also I added it to the dictionary.