• Published 5th Sep 2013
  • 390 Views, 17 Comments

Outcasts - Punguinhelper



A misift band of mercenaries all thrown out of their respective homes, search for treasure, honor, fame, food, and most importantly who knows?

  • ...
 17
 390

Homeless

"You could not protect your clan hold? You useless." A bipedal bull said slapping another bull upside the head.

"Let me explain"- another slap.

"Explanations are for those too weak to not need them. I got to my position as chieftain never using one."

"B-but... where were you during that raid?"

"I was doing my duties; defending the clan from those griffon raiders. Which I was successful in doing, unlike some coward. Wait a minute I do not have to explain anything to you."

"Too late. obviously you are too weak to not need an explanation," snarled the minotaur accused of not defending her clan.

"That is enough from you. I hereby sentence you to exile," the chieftain growled at the insubordinate. He nodded over to the sacred-drum-playing minotaur.

Deception,
Disgrace,
evil as plain as the scar on her face...

The exiled huffed in shame. The last thing she needed was a sing out. Especially not one from another source. and though she had a scar on her face, the recent turn of events had scarred her soul. She did not dare question the chieftain. She grabbed her armor and great-axe and waked out of the minotaur fortress. Not daring to look back, her honor would only decrease if she looked back. Was she really evil? She had to be if her song of exile said she was.

* * *

"How could you have failed so badly against those brutes?" asked the bandit leader. "It was a simple raid, we even had support from those Diamond dogs," she said, venomously saying the last part. She was a fair griffon, as far as griffon bandits go, that is, but she was also cruel. Any failure would result in death, except for those too incapable of doing anything to usurp her position. Those who failed due to incompetence, she would throw out threatening their lives should they return.

"There were Diamond Dogs? I did not see any, though that may explain why all the lutes were gone," said a rather dimwitted griffon, wearing leather armor and wielding a lute and a rapier. "Somehow without lutes they played a song, so I decided to help them with it by playing my own lute. It was a depressing song, though something about evilness and fail-"

The leader shoved a claw into the dull bird's mouth to quiet him. "Shut-up! Honestly I have no idea how you are still alive after a month, all you do is play your loot. I can't believe I hired an imbecile for me. Sure, most bandits need to be dumb so they won't get any smart ideas to take my power, but you- you take the whole cake."

"Why would I want a changeling's cake?"

She removed her claw from his face, and applied it to her own."You know what your not worth my time, I was planning on killing you, but that would be a waste of my precious time. Get out of my sight, and don't ever come back."

"Yay! I get to play that song again!" Then it hit the griffon making him sad, " Awww... we do not have any drums." He walked away from the bandit camp in silence and sadness. "No fair, the minotaur got a song but I got nothing." He then remembered the minotaur. "Maybe I could join his clan, they definitely need more lutes."

* * *


"Good! Now that we have all the loots I am afraid we do not need your mining experience." A gray Diamond Dog wearing a red vest said.

"Huh, but we found lutes not loots." A Diamond Dog wearing plate armor and wielding a spear said.

"Exactly, we found loot. Loot means money and treasure, and not having to mine."

"So, is this mine mine?"

"No this mine is mine not yours."

"But, you are not going to need mine."

"Yep, you can be on your way."

"No. I meant..." The Diamond Dog sighed and walked out of the mine. "No point arguing with a dog who has eaten to much peanut butter."

At that moment the miner heard a manic shout, "YOU TRICKED US! YOU BETTER BE FAR AWAY OR ELSE YOU WON'T LIVE TO SEE TOMORROW!"

The miner fled the seen as fast as he could, not noticing a dragon fleeing with him.

* * *


The dragon had been kicked out of his home, much like this scared dog. Reason being the direct opposite of the Diamond Dogs. They had to get rid of their lutes to make room for gems not yet acquired. The adolescent did the only sensible thing with them, he dropped them at a Minotaur camp. Surely having only drums could get boring.

The minotaurs did not take kindly to a dragon in their camp. They began attacking him for no reason. He tried to tell them he was giving them lutes and that stopped them for a moment. Then they saw the lutes and got angry at him.

"What kind of cruel trick is this dragon-liar tricking us into believing you were giving use precious loots, only to give us stringed instruments."

The dragon was confused. He had done exactly what he had said he would do. He gave them lutes. They had the nerve to call him a lyre, when one could certainly see no lyres about, only lutes, like he said. He was brought out of thinking by a minotaur wearing plate mail and wielding a great-axe, throwing a tone at him.

The dragon did not want open conflict so he flew away. He looked back to see griffons attacking the camp but more surprisingly the minotaur who threw the stone giving chase. The dragon thought this went against minotaur honor code, as the minotaur should be protecting the clan from the griffons, not chasing a dragon.

Oh well the dragon thought to himself going in the direction of a nearby cave. The dragon had lost the minotaur only to find the cave was occupied by Diamond Dogs. Where there were Diamond Dogs there were gems. The dragon waited for some of the Diamond Dogs to come out carting some gems, so he could ambush them. He waited an hour before a Diamond Dog was running for his life, past the dragon's hiding spot. The Dragon decided he should flee as well.

* * *

"Report," Queen Chrysalis said.

"The minotaurs did not have the lutes ma'am." A frightened changeling hunter was standing before the Queen. "Though they no doubt had lutes at some point, there were reports of Diamond Dogs but not a single minotaur did anything about it. For some reason one of the minotaurs fled the fortress right before a griffon attack."

"You have failed the hive. The lutes would have been a nice way to receive love, as Creatures from all over would hear the harmonious chords and love them."

"Now that is what I call wishful thinking Chryssy-"

"What did you call me? I will not tolerate disrespect. You are hereby banished from the hive for insolence to the Queen."

"Sunnuva pony!" Exclaimed the hunter, as Chrysalis picked him up with magic and threw him towards the forest.

Author's Note:

Well then
Also "He's Not One of Us" Is property of Disney.