• Published 1st Sep 2013
  • 3,068 Views, 101 Comments

Bad Wolf - Dusk Writer



Upon finding a giant black wolf in her basement, Twilight eventually finds that this wolf used to have a different name; Rose.

  • ...
10
 101
 3,068

The Bad Wolf Arises

The Doctor stood defiantly in the middle of the main broadcast room, Daleks surrounding him and cutting off all escape. He no longer had the Tardis with him, having sent Rose back to her own time along with the time machine. Now she could live out her life in safety, and the Tardis would no longer be used for anything, left to gather dust.

However, fate had different ideas as a familiar whooshing noise emanated from behind him. One of the Daleks moved its eye stalk to that particular section of the room, yelling out in its robotic voice, "Alert! Tardis materializing!"

The Doctor whirled around to see the box was indeed materializing. But how was this possible? He had locked it so it would stay in the year 2006! The Dalek Emperor spoke to the Doctor in his deep voice, "You will not escape!"

As he finished speaking, the Tardis fully materialized, and the doors opened to reveal a silhouette standing in front of a brilliant golden light within the Tardis. The Doctor covered his eyes so they could adjust, looking back up to see lines of golden mist flowing from the blue box, the silhouette gone now as well. The very sight of these golden mists caused him to fall backwards onto a pile a of wires.

The golden mist then gathered into a single spot, dissipating to reveal Rose Tyler. He looked up at her, shock clear on his face. "What have you done?!" He cried to her.

Rose only looked down at him, face emotionless. As she spoke, her voice now sounded modified and different, as though there were three of her talking very close together. "I looked into the Tardis, and the Tardis looked into me."

His face changed from shock to fear in mere moments. "You looked into the time vortex. Rose, no one's meant to see that!"

The Dalek Emperor, who had up until this moment been quiet, decided to break his silence. "This is the abomination!"

One of the Daleks within the room obeyed an unheard command, and began an attack on Rose, yelling, "Exterminate!" As it shook in its metal casing. It fired its weapon at Rose, only for her to raise her hand and intercept the beam. Time seemingly reversed for the beam, as it retracted back to the gun it was fired from.

The Doctor watched in shock as it travelled back along its course, turning back to Rose when she spoke. "I am the Bad Wolf; I create myself." She looked up to the logo upon the wall of the room. "I take the words, I scatter them, in time and space." She waves her hand as she says this, the words Bad Wolf peeling off of the wall and flying out of sight. "A message, to lead myself here."

"Rose! You've got to stop this! You've got to stop this now!" The Doctor was insistent now, but Rose seemed unresponsive to his pleas. "You've got the entire vortex running through your head; you're gonna burn!"

At this, she turned her head towards him, telling him the one thing that was on her mind as her the golden glow in her eyes faded. "I want you safe. My Doctor; protected from the false god."

The Emperor's eye widened at this statement. "You cannot hurt me. I, am, immortal!"

Rose took her eyes off the Doctor to look at the hologram with the Emperor held within it. "You are tiny. I can see the whole of time and space. Every single atom of your existence, and I divide them." She raised her hand, eyes coming aglow once again.

As she did so, the Dalek that had originally fired at her began to dissolve, starting at the top and bottom, into a fine golden dust, which dispersed within seconds. It was like the Dalek had never even been there.

She began to lower her hand, speaking as she did so. "Everything must come to dust. All things. Everything dies." She then raised both her arms looking at the Daleks around room as they all dissolved one by one. She looked back to the Emperor. "The Time War ends."

The Emperor started to shout in denial, "I will not die." His eye stalk starts to frantically look around the massive cavern of his ship, yelling as his ship is dissolved as well. "I, cannot, diiiiiiie!"

But his cries were for nothing as the massive dull gold disc dissolved into dust and dissipated. Rose continued holding up her arms, the Doctor trying to be persistent with her now. "Rose, you've done it, now stop." However, she continued to stand there, arms held up. "Just let go!"

She continued to look into the distance. "How can I let go of this?" She asked, voice quavering as she did so. "I bring life." Somewhere on the ship, Captain Jack Harkness was brought back to life after sitting against the cold, hard wall, gasping as he sat up

"But this is wrong; you can't control life and death!" The Doctor was truly beginning to fear for his blond companion now. The longer she held the time vortex within her head, the closer she got to burning up.

She simply looked down at him, the glow fading from her eyes. "But I can." She got a faraway look in her eyes. "The moon, and the sun. The day and the night. I can control both, and I will bring back all who died on this station."

She raised her arms as she exerted more power than ever before. She was successful, as all the humans who had been killed by the attacking Daleks gasped as they were brought to life. However, Rose wasn't as fortunate. "Rose! You've got to stop using so much power! It's gonna kill you!

Small tears rolled down how cheeks as she began to openly cry. "But I can't. Doctor, it hurts so much!" The Doctor jumped to his feet and began to run to her, only for her to dissolve like the Dalek ship. He stared at the place where she had been mere moments before, then dropping to his knees and bowing his head to the ground, body shaking with the sobs that racked through him.
~~~~~~~~~~

Twilight eyes bolted open as she tumbled to the floor from her bed. Fortunately, she managed to stay on the higher level in her bed room. If she had rolled another couple of feet, well, let's just say it would have been painful.

She got up onto all four of her hooves and thought about that crazy dream she just had. She shuddered thinking about what would happen if somepony actually gained the amount of power that blond-haired creature had.

She began walking down the steps to the lower section of her room, checking the time as she did so. Three in the morning? Ugh, it's way too early to be up. However, she couldn't fall back asleep, as she was too awake right now.

Letting out a sigh, she walked through the door to the rest of the library. Her face brightened as she looked around the large room at all the hundreds of books. Even though they were all inanimate objects, she still felt as though some of them were very close friends to her. Of course, they were nowhere near a good replacement for the real thing.

She got to the bottom of the stairs and turned toward the door that lead to her small kitchen. She was not a cook, in any way, shape, or form, so that was why Spike usually cooked for both of them. However, if there was one thing she could cook, it was coffee.

As she got everything set up for the morning elixir, she used her magic to pull a random books in from the main reading room. It floated in as she stood there watching the brown liquid slowly drain into the pot below. Looking at the title of the random she had grabbed, she realized that this was one of the new books she had yet to read. Specifically called, "The Guide to Time and Relative Dimensions in Space."

It was an odd choice of book for this day and age, but it was still scientific, and it was still Twilight. As she finally finished the coffee and grabbed both a cup of it and the book, she heard what seemed to be a loud crash in her basement. Setting down both objects, she grabbed a lamp and lit it, heading for the basement door.

She opened the well-oiled door and quietly walked down the sturdy steps. All of her equipment appeared to be fine, and she didn't see anything that could have made that loud crash she had heard from upstairs. She reached the bottom of the stairs, and examined everything a little more closely. Ah! There in the corner of the room was a large broken beaker, the shards of glass scattered across the floor.

She let out a sigh and grabbed all of the small pieces of glass with her magic, floating them over to the trash and dropping them in. However, now she was a bit confused. She could've sworn she had left that beaker more towards the center of the table, nowhere near the edge.

She walked over to the table and began examining the wooden surface. Some of the other objects had been moved around as well and Spike was still up in bed, which could only mean one thing; there was an intruder in her house. She floated a makeshift weapon over next to her, and with a quick glance, she found it to be a chair.

She heard a small shuffle from behind the table and cautiously began to walk around it, crouched low. Then, she jumped around the corner of the table, chair raised and magic charged with an attack spell, ready to do a one-two attack.

However, instead of finding a muscular masked pony, like in those comics Spike liked to read, there was some type of furred creature. It was rather hard to see in the dark lighting, but it was covered in pitch black hair, and appeared to have scraps of clothing attached to it. Whatever it was seemed to be twice her size.

She moved a little closer to the creature, seeing that it was shaking. In fact, just from what she could tell of its body language from behind, it actually looked scared. Now, she was no animal expert, but it didn't appear to be scared of her in particular. She set the chair down softly, and powered down her horn.

She took small steps forward until she reached the mass of black fur. She stuck out a hoof, before lightly resting it on the figure. "Um, I'm not sure if you can understand me, but uh, well, I have a friend who can help you." It's shaking had stopped fortunately, Twilight taking it to be a good sign.

The giant covered in black fur shifted under her hoof, so she took her foreleg off and placed it onto the ground, backing up a little. When the creature finally turned to look at her, she finally found that it was actually a giant wolf.

She backed up quickly in instinctual fear. How in the world had this predator gotten down here in the first place? However, what scared her even more than the wolf's form, were its eyes. They glowed with an unnatural golden light; it seemingly came off as a mist.

Those golden eyes seemingly pierced into Twilight's soul as she stood there. The wolf's eyes seemed to convey a sense of sadness and ancient wisdom, yet at the same time, youthful fright. The wolf continued to stare at her, until the golden light dissipated, revealing soft amber eyes. That's when they rolled back into its head and the creature collapsed onto the basement floor.

Twilight continued backing up until she bumped into the bottom of the stairs, at which point she turned and bolted up said stairs. Once she burst through the door at the top, she turned, closing it and bolting it shut.

As she leaned against the door, she thought immediately of what she should do. She grabbed a piece of paper and wrote a note to Spike just in case he woke up before everypony else in Ponyville, which probably wouldn't happen.

She ran out the door of the library, eyes already set on the path she needed to take to get to Fluttershy's house. Hopefully she would know what to do with the giant black wolf.

Author's Note:

Yes, I know. "Dusk! How could you be writing another story?!" Don't worry, I am working on Lunar Phases, My Little Halo, and Stolen Away. Sorry Creed of Three fans, but I have yet to think of what I could do next with that story, but I am getting an idea for it again. Anyways, I recently finished all the eleventh Doctor episodes on Netflix, and realized just how much I wanted to do something like this. Also, this universe takes place before Discord's "reformation."

EDIT: Gah! How could I be so stupid?! I forgot to tell you guys to give me constructive criticism! Well, all fixed now. :twilightsmile: