• Published 2nd Sep 2013
  • 1,115 Views, 33 Comments

Falling Equestria - Playtindo



Nyx struggles to protect her family 6 months after a changeling invasion.

  • ...
5
 33
 1,115

Prologue

A group of fillies and colts accompanied by an older mare were sitting around a low burning fire in the civilian quarter of the resistance camp.

The children were drawing on sheets of paper while the mare waited patiently for them to finish.

"Alright, what did you draw Silver Star?" The mare asked as the last colt finished.

"It's a picture of when all this began," the colt began, "you see, I was in school when they came. We were at recess when we saw all these black specks in the sky, then Miss Cheerilee told us to go inside. But then a green beam hit her in the back. After that more beams came down from the sky as they landed. Buckeye and I were able to get away, but we haven't seen any of our classmates or miss Cheerilee since that happened." Silver Star said as he held up a picture of changelings shooting at the helpless schoolponies.

"And Buckeye," The mare asked the next colt, "what did you draw?"

"It's what I heard happened to the military," he said,"I heard from some of the fighters that the changelings attacked all the bases at the same time, killing all the soldiers." He finished as he held up a picture of a military base being attacked by changelings.

The next few pictures depicted more images of destruction and chaos. One drawing depicted the changeling brutes, a larger, tougher species of changeling. Another drawing depicted the Harness, the spider-like device that is placed on the back of a ponies head, allowing the changelings to control their minds.

The last and youngest filly, Dawn, drew a picture of a black alicorn with a violet mane and a shield cutie mark helping a blue pegasus with a black mane fight off a group of changelings.

"It's my mother and her boyfriend fighting the changelings." Dawn said, "They wanted to fight in the war because the changelings captured my grandma and some of her friends. They were safe this morning, but I don't know if they're safe now."

"And why's that?" the mare asked.

"Because they're out fighting right now."

Author's Note:

Forgive me if I used canon names, but i just thought of these names off the top of my head.

I greatly appreciate any grammar/spelling changes you guys suggest.

please review/share!