• Published 2nd Sep 2013
  • 1,115 Views, 33 Comments

Falling Equestria - Playtindo



Nyx struggles to protect her family 6 months after a changeling invasion.

  • ...
5
 33
 1,115

Chapter 5: Honest Freedom

The next morning the entire high council gathered in the Rarity's office to discuss the future of the executives of Ponyville. Nyx and Cadence sat on each side of Rarity. with the council sitting in chairs arranged in a zig-zag pattern to allow for all council members, eight in total to be seen from the Rarity's desk.

"I would like to thank you all for coming to this meeting." Began Rarity, "It's a rare occasion to have every member of the council here. No offense."

"None taken Madam President," Said Applebloom.

"Thank you councilmare Applebloom." Said Rarity, "Now I assume you are all here to discuss the, well, elephant in the room."

"Yes we are, Madam President," Said Silver Spoon, "I have taken the liberty of speaking with the members of the council before this meeting. And they have trusted me with presenting you our ideas for the well-being of the resistance."

"By all means councilmare Silver Spoon, present the council's plan." Said Rarity.

"Of course," Began Silver Spoon, "As you know, the Republic plan was originally designed for post-apocalyptic situations, or a highly unlikely multiple assassination of all the alicorn rulers. The plan states that a president will be elected until a new monarchy or central government can be established. The original plan for this meeting, which was supposed to happen in two days, was moved to today due to the arrival of Princess Cadence. Which complicates the Republic plan..."

"Get to the point Spooney!" Said Scootaloo.

"The point is that the council would like to see Princess Cadence as the head of the new Equestrian Government. We hope that this doesn't upset you Madam..."

Rarity was already switching places with Cadence. "What? I'm not the leader type. And besides, Cadence has more experience than me."

"Well, that was easy. But that is not the council's biggest concern." Said Silver Spoon.

"Well then, what is?" Said Cadence.

"The council would like to appoint Flash Sentry as the Commander of the military."

"WHAT!" Shouted Nyx as she leaped from her seat and almost tackled Silver Spoon but was held back by Rarity. "EXPLAIN YOURSELF!"

"The council believes that you should not have military power due to your, well....past."

"Wait a minute! Ya'll never asked us about that!" Said Applebloom.

"Because I knew you would side with her!"

"Because we know her! She's qualified!" Said Sweetie Belle.

"To lead a murderous special ops squad, yeah. To lead an army, no?"

"Then let me prove myself, give a squad and a mission, and we'll come back with no casualties." Said Nyx, her Muzzle inches away from Silver Spoon's.

"Alright then. Here's your mission," said Silver Spoon as she pulled out a holopad from her saddlebag.

"This is a six-pony job. You'll need three Pegasai, equipped with front-leg blades.(1) A strong earth pony, and two unicorns to pull this off."

"Your quite the tactician, Silver Spoon." Nyx praised, "But why only six ponies?"

"Our spies have discovered a caravan that will be going through the southern road with Applejack hauling it."

"You have my full attention," Said Nyx as she focused on the holopad.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OPERATION: HONESTY

Date: 11/26/33

Mission CO: Nyx

Operatives: Specter Mist

Orion

Scootaloo

Applebloom

Sweetie Belle

Objective: Rescue Applejack and other Prisoners.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You'll need to hit the caravan as it passes through that patch of tree's near the Everfree forest. Ponies hidden on each side of the road should prove useful.

"Alright, Orion, Specter, and Scootaloo will be on the caravans right side. Applebloom, Sweetie Belle and I will be on it's left. Remember, Knives in the throat for quick, clean kills." Said Nyx as the group got to their positions and awaited the Caravans arrival.

When the caravan shows up, you'll need to take out the guards quick.

The caravan moved right in between the two groups and Nyx gave a sharp whistle that alerted the changelings to her presence. As the changeling neared her position, his three companions where pounced on by an orange, white, and blue blur as they brought their blades down on their throats. The changeling turned and was about to give a distress call. Her blade met the back of his head before he could make a sound.

Applejack might be harnessed, so getting her and the prisoners in the cart out won't be easy.

Applebloom and Nyx unhooked Applejack from the cart and Sweetie Belle grabbed her with her magic, her mane drooping to reveal a crab-like creature latched onto her neck.

"O'course she'd be harnessed. Damn changelings." Said Applebloom as she bucked the lock off of the cart, opening the gate for the prisoners to escape.

"Come with us," Said Specter Mist in his Trottingham accent. "You'll be safe in Ponyville.

We'll have Doctors on standby if Applejack is harnessed. We've developed a way to remove the harness without killing the host. The drug the harnesses produce is like morphine, so we put them on an IV of that and slowly burn through the harnesses stringer. And when that's through, well see about your position.(2)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Applebloom and Nyx stood next to Applejack's hospital bed, waiting for her to awaken from the operation that removed her harness.

"You think she'll be okay?" Asked Applebloom as she took a sip from a water bottle.

"You said that they've done this before, right Applebloom? She'll be okay."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was darkness.

Everywhere she looked she was greeted by darkness.

Where am I.

She walked forward for a bit and found two doors. The one on the left had a bright light behind it. The one on the right had a much softer light behind it.

Am I dead?

She walked towards the bright door and heard a voice.

You think she'll be okay?

That voice was familiar, but she couldn't remember the name.

You said that they've done this before, right Applebloom? She'll be okay.

Applebloom! The name of her sister. Memories flooded back to her mind of all the times that they spent together. Her voice was behind the right door.

"Hold on Applebloom! Imma comin!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Applejack's eyes began to flutter open. She brought a hoof up to her forehead and mumbled something about cider.

"APPLEJACK!" Screamed Applebloom as she embraced her sister.

Nyx heard a light tapping on the door and went to see who it was. She opened the door to find Silver Spoon staring at her.

"Hey, Silver Spoon, What's up?"

"Commander Nyx, Stormcloud wishes to see you."

Author's Note:

(1)Hidden blade, except it's not hidden.
(2)A-Team mission explanation FTW
Chapter 6: Stormcloud's Fun House, will be out soon.